Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    What else do you expect 6 months and only intention on paying it back was when it was exposed. She hadn't a leg to stand on.

They will not win the Seanad by election either.

I would have said there wasn't a leg to stand in in the Maria Bailey case or Golfgate or even Frances Fitz...but look what happened there. Tears and grinding of teeth to get to the inevitable.
    Just thought it was a very authoritative and unequivocal reaction. Credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

It was paid back only after Nolan investigates exposed it Francie, and it took till Thursday for it to be talked about.
    It was posted here yesterday and today and no one on what I'd call your side commented or acknowledged it until after the actions of SF were announced today. SF made no comment till after the action today.
    That looks and sounds sinister.

He just cant help himself. Always there pushing spoofing and dodging on behalf of the party he is not a member of.

Truthvader wrote: »
    He just cant help himself. Always there pushing spoofing and dodging on behalf of the party he is not a member of.

I didn't 'spoof' you did.

What did I dodge?

I would have said there wasn't a leg to stand in in the Maria Bailey case or Golfgate or even Frances Fitz...but look what happened there. Tears and grinding of teeth to get to the inevitable.
    Just thought it was a very authoritative and unequivocal reaction. Credit where credit is due.

Yep good old Slab can be very decisive when he needs to be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I enjoy educating you when I have the time and inclination. When you keep going down rabbitholes I get bored.

Oh, so your other post about how its not your job to educate me, when you spend hours and hours trying to 'educate' me.....

Classic Francie, having your cake and eating it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh, so your other post about how its not your job to educate me, when you spend hours and hours trying to 'educate' me.....

Classic Francie, having your cake and eating it.

Exactly...it's not my job...I do it because it amuses me, until I get bored.

Yep good old Slab can be very decisive when he needs to be

Not half as decisive as Dinny...ha ha, nudge nudge wink wink. ;)

Imagine my surprise. As expected

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This. Irish politics needs more of this. The fact that anyone is surprised by how quickly this was dealt with is an utterly depressing reflection on how things usually tend to go in Irish politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Imagine my surprise. As expected

Tough looking geezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not the first conviction, I note.

Fits the Shinners stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah.. The husband.. The sibling.. The father, the son, the mother, the grandparents.

The elected TD (a glass nonetheless. A proper scumbag)
    https://www.thejournal.ie/sean-conlan-assault-3138287-Dec2016/

The elected councillor (falsely imprisoning too :eek: )
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/case-against-fine-gael-county-councillor-further-adjourned-1.3915832
    yiw5dA2.jpeg
    (worth looking a little deeper in that one ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Suckit wrote: »
    Ah.. The husband.. The sibling.. The father, the son, the mother, the grandparents.

The elected TD (a glass nonetheless. A proper scumbag)
    https://www.thejournal.ie/sean-conlan-assault-3138287-Dec2016/

The elected councillor (falsely imprisoning too :eek: )
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/case-against-fine-gael-county-councillor-further-adjourned-1.3915832
    yiw5dA2.jpeg
    (worth looking a little deeper in that one ;) )

So what about the money and the resignations/sackings in Sinn Fein this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So what about the money and the resignations/sackings in Sinn Fein this week?

That's how you get out in front bish, the payments were made in error by another department to a lot of people who were not entitled to it.

The Shinner offices who were paid in error, 2 of these offices top people instructed the relevant people to immediately pay it back, they did not and hence why they weren't forced to resign, but the people instructed to do so, who didn't - did.

McCallion it seems failed in her duties, and so was told by MLMD to go.

Looks to me like, once exposed the people involved were made to fall on their swords.

Pretty decisive action imo, the Shinners identified the discrepancies, and swiftly dealt with it.

Pretty unique in Irish politics. Considering the financial discrepancies including numerous expenses scandals, and insurance scammers in Irish politics, that makes the Shinners in the Irish political scene **Adopts Johnny Flash voice** "not a normal party" :)

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's how you get out in front bish, the payments were made in error by another department to a lot of people who were not entitled to it.

The Shinner offices who were paid in error, 2 of these offices top people instructed the relevant people to immediately pay it back, they did not and hence why they weren't forced to resign, but the people instructed to do so, who didn't - did.

McCallion it seems failed in her duties, and so was told by MLMD to go.

Looks to me like, once exposed the people involved were made to fall on their swords.

Pretty decisive action imo, the Shinners identified the discrepancies, and swiftly dealt with it.

Pretty unique in Irish politics. Considering the financial discrepancies including numerous expenses scandals, and insurance scammers in Irish politics, that makes the Shinners in the Irish political scene **Adopts Johnny Flash voice** "not a normal party" :)

The Nolan show exposed it, not the shinner leadership. If it had been the latter I'm sure it'd never have hit thenheadlines. If it was the latter, the SF leadership it should have been paid back sooner.
    It just begs the question as to why it took so long Mc, considering one lad says he highlighted it to SF months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

592-E8-E2-F-CB2-F-489-F-9-F71-9895-F903-A35-B.jpg

The Nolan show exposed it, not the shinner leadership. If it had been the latter I'm sure it'd never have hit thenheadlines. If it was the latter, the SF leadership it should have been paid back sooner.
    It just begs the question as to why it took so long Mc, considering one lad says he highlighted it to SF months ago.

Sorry to have to bring it back up, but in the Maria Bailey controversy, it was also the media who broke the story, and it transpired through that , that a cabinet minister was also not only aware of it, but also up to their necks in it, penning a letter demanding money from the business involved.

What with Leo's "internal report" - seems they could learn a thing or two on how to swiftly bring things to an end when it comes to financial irregularities.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sorry to have to bring it back up, but in the Maria Bailey controversy, it was also the media who broke the story, and it transpired through that , that a cabinet minister was also not only aware of it, but also up to their necks in it, penning a letter demanding money from the business involved.

What with Leo's "internal report" - seems they could learn a thing or two on how to swiftly bring things to an end when it comes to financial irregularities.

Congratulations on that piece of investigative posting.
    Been dealt with, over to you to bring this one to an end, let's see if there's more to come here.

EDIT. congratulations also, I noticed Leo hadn't been mentioned much on these couple of threads lately, don't know why, but you've brought him back. :D

• Advertisement

Congratulations on that piece of investigative posting.
    Been dealt with, over to you to bring this one to an end, let's see if there's more to come here.

What investigative posting?

I'm only going by what's been in the media (same as you I'd guess):confused:
    EDIT. congratulations also, I noticed Leo hadn't been mentioned much on these couple of threads lately, don't know why, but you've brought him back. :D

Oh nos, Leo was mentioned, stand back - brace yourselves, here comes the homophobic insinuations. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I'm puzzled as to why it was a resigning matter
    In the case of the senator, it was her old Westminster office account which understandably might not be audited until the end of the year

I wouldn't mind the DUP supporting 27 stone Stephen Nolan,whose obesity could do with an audit seeing as he seems to blame everyone else for him being at risk for covid
    No personal audit on his belly and lack of exercise

Sorry?

You still trying to tell lies Truth?

OK if we had to

You claimed the money was paid back so explain to everyone one why the Mary Lou ordered that , to quote the article;

" she would have to resign her Seanad seat over the emerging controversy surrounding a £10,000 (€11,000) business support grant she incorrectly received in March and had not repaid since."

One stupid lie after another all on behalf of a party you "are not a member of"

In this instance even the wretched Mary Lou surrounded by people steeped in murder, thuggery and criminality somehow realised that this was wrong and yet there you are huffing and spoofing way

Is your actual point that after they were caught they handed the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I am curious to know why RTE made so little effort to report the current SF story yesterday on the 6 news and again at 9. They seem to try and hide the story in the middle as of hoping no one noticed. Would no be surprised if Sf had a mole in RTE doing its best to protect the party from bad news.

Dan.

I am curious to know why RTE made so little effort to report the current SF story yesterday on the 6 news and again at 9. They seem to try and hide the story in the middle as of hoping no one noticed. Would no be surprised if Sf had a mole in RTE doing its best to protect the party from bad news.

The same RTÉ who had to be forced by legal threat of including the Shinners in the leaders debate?

Yeah - seems legit.

OK if we had to

You claimed the money was paid back so explain to everyone one why the Mary Lou ordered that , to quote the article;

" she would have to resign her Seanad seat over the emerging controversy surrounding a £10,000 (€11,000) business support grant she incorrectly received in March and had not repaid since."

One stupid lie after another all on behalf of a party you "are not a member of"

In this instance even the wretched Mary Lou surrounded by people steeped in murder, thuggery and criminality somehow realised that this was wrong and yet there you are huffing and spoofing way

Is your actual point that after they were caught they handed the money back?

She went because of the delay in repaying taxpayers money. End off. NOBODY made off with the money.

If you are late paying back a bank loan are you deemed to have 'made off with it' or penalised for 'late payment'?

You lied Truth, you have a habit of doing that with the facts.

She went because of the delay in repaying taxpayers money. End off. NOBODY made off with the money.

If you are late paying back a bank loan are you deemed to have 'made off with it' or penalised for 'late payment'?

Best satricial username ever.

Didn't think Mary Lou McDonald's emphatic and unequivocal reaction to this would go un-noticed by fair people. this is from the person who wrote the original story. There is a lesson here for all leaders on this island if they are humble enough to learn it.

Credit where credit is due. Most of us expected Sinn Fein to follow the old familiar pattern when a political party here is engulfed in a financial controversy.

But Mary Lou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill didn't say "move along, nothing to see here" about the £30,000 in Covid grants mistakenly paid to the party and not speedily returned. Instead, three political scalps were offered up.

Cash-for-ash didn't result in a single resignation, and Ian Paisley remains a DUP MP despite breaking parliamentary rules with his luxury foreign holidays

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/suzanne-breen/mary-lou-mcdonald-moved-quickly-to-limit-damage-but-some-sinn-fein-activists-are-unhappy-39684529.html

• Advertisement

So explain to everyone why Elisha had to resign

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement