Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

blanch152 wrote: »
    I wasn't alive post-WW1 or post-WW2. The question never arose for me. What I do recognise is that up until WW2, normal people had a different view of war and killing. Whether it was the German bombings of London, the Holocaust or Hiroshima, there was a significant cultural change among Western civilisations in the decades that followed. The opposition in the US (one of the most war-mongering countries) to the Vietnam war saw that. The Falklands War saw the UK almost being laughed at for its reaction. The sinking of the Belgrano being heavily criticised internationally.

By the 1970s, it was really only sick pyschos on the fringes of society who would engage in mass terrorism campaigns designed to strike fear into ordinary people. Bombings in Brighton, Manchester, Birmingham and Canary Wharf were the actions of really sick individuals and organisations who had a callous disregard for ordinary people.

A normal society requires Sinn Fein to come clean about its members. It also needs a recognition from its leaders that the terrorist campaign was wrong, misguided and ultimately achieved next to nothing, other than increasing sectarian division and impoverishing the people of Northern Ireland.

Unlike Gerry Adams, I don't believe that protecting child abusers and rapists, knee-capping young men for perceived anti-social behaviour were necessary in the Northern Ireland of the 1980s.
    smurgen wrote: »
    So were you watching unquiet graves tonight?
    Seems like the British establishment had a plan to shoot up a primary school. You kind of left the other half of the equation out of your nonsense post.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1306344909562146816?s=19

I am curious as to how Blanch's post is a nonsense considering it is the view of the majority of law abiding decent people?
    Further I am curious about your reaction in an attempt to deflect. To paraphrase Gerry Adams I am against all loss of life on both sides in the conflict.
    Only difference is myself and Blanch and the majority are sincere about it. Many in SF and associates are not. Political capital made from Republican deaths where caused by Brits, and the killing of Brits is glorified.
    Wonderful human decency from SF et al!

Many on this thread are desensitised to violence some even glorify it. Or at the very least get a kick out of it by association. It is warped minds justifying, the unjustifiable.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I am curious as to how Blanch's post is a nonsense considering it is the view of the majority of law abiding decent people?
    Further I am curious about your reaction in an attempt to deflect. To paraphrase Gerry Adams I am against all loss of life on both sides in the conflict.
    Only difference is myself and Blanch and the majority are sincere about it. Many in SF and associates are not. Political capital made from Republican deaths where caused by Brits, and the killing of Brits is glorified.

Many on this thread are desensitised to violence some even glorify it. Or at the very least get a kick out of it by association. It is warped minds justifying, the unjustifiable.

every sane person is against death on both sides. the problem is what do you do when youre being beaten and bombed out of it. when the authorities kill innocent people at random. What do you do then?

be thankful you never had to live in such an environment and get off the high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Silence almost on the exposing of British collusion from government and the usual high moral grounders here.

I call rubbish on your 'sincerity' claims.

Silence almost on the exposing of British collusion from government and the usual high moral grounders here.

I call rubbish on your 'sincerity' claims.

As I say of you Francie, as I say of you. Story of British collusion gets trotted out now does it?

Obviously you seem to think I am for evil on the one hand and against it on the other. But I am not. I am against all evil.

Where myself and you differ you like the Republican pantomime orations. funerals, flags, double speak and justifications. You also have justified Republican murders as honourable in your own mind. I don't like any of the above and feel it cannot be justified. Plus it failed utterly. The only real progress ever made was when people compromise and stop killing each other.

British collusion was a terrible thing as was the rape of Maria Cahill, protection of paedophile(s) within the inner sanctum of SF and protection of 'connected' Republicans in the murder of Paul Quinn.

You can rinse and repeat as much as you like. But the fact is you as a SF supporter justify rape, murder and playing fast and loose with the rule of law. You may critcise SF around the edges for appearance sake.

But the reality is you have long ago decided murder and the non acceptance of the rule of law are fine as long as it brings about Republican aims.

We still have to suffer such antics in the Dail which are echoes of the above - refusal of SF to say the name of the state they were elected in, and an uneasy relationship with the rule of law and the SCC.

As I say of you Francie, as I say of you. Story of British collusion gets trotted out now does it?

Obviously you seem to think I am for evil on the one hand and against it on the other. But I am not. I am against all evil.

Where myself and you differ you like the Republican pantomime orations. funerals, flags, double speak and justifications. You also have justified Republican murders as honourable in your own mind. I don't like any of the above and feel it cannot be justified. Plus it failed utterly. The only real progress ever made was when people compromise and stop killing each other.

British collusion was a terrible thing as was the rape of Maria Cahill, protection of paedophile(s) within the inner sanctum of SF and protection of 'connected' Republicans in the murder of Paul Quinn.

You can rinse and repeat as much as you like. But the fact is you as a SF supporter justify rape, murder and playing fast and loose with the rule of law. You may critcise SF around the edges for appearance sake.

But the reality is you have long ago decided murder and the non acceptance of the rule of law are fine as long as it brings about Republican aims.

We still have to suffer such antics in the Dail which are echoes of the above - refusal of SF to say the name of the state they were elected in, and an uneasy relationship with the rule of law and the SCC.

Show me a post where I have justified 'rape' or 'murder' please or withdraw the remark.

'What does it matter to the likes of yourself what SF call the state...you'll demean the state and those in it if it suits your inferiority complex about being Irish.

• Advertisement

Show me a post where I have justified 'rape' or 'murder' please or withdraw the remark.

'What does it matter to the likes of yourself what SF call the state...you'll demean the state and those in it if it suits your inferiority complex about being Irish.

You imply it Francie in Sinn Fein speak normally followed by a number of posts which you try and deflect from which is the classic Republican tactic. At least those who fancy themselves as being at intellectual hub of Republicanism!
    I will leave it up to someone skilled in data analytics, and others who can analyse online debating tactics. To trawl through your approx 35k posts defending SF and Republicanism - about 9 posts a day. I have nothing to withdraw. And I have no inferority complex about being Irish, you and your kind do. But are too blind to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Well murder "got results" as you cheerfully put it when referring to Warrington murders. Seems you forgot you got caught out on this challenge before by me.

Nothing so inferior as not murdering your neighbours or mutilating children. As ever Francie can only express his Gaelic superiority by justifying and promoting the Sinn Fein IRA sick history

As before I invite everyone to review the tone and content of his previous posting history and make up their own minds

Truthvader wrote: »
    Well murder "got results" as you cheerfully put it when referring to Warrington murders. Seems you forgot you got caught out on this challenge before by me.

Nothing so inferior as not murdering your neighbours or mutilating children. As ever Francie can only express his Gaelic superiority by justifying and promoting the Sinn Fein IRA sick history

As before I invite everyone to review the tone and content of his previous posting history and make up their own minds

Would you ever wise up.

Many acts of war 'got results'. Read any history book and it will be discussed in them.

It is school yard stuff to infer it is an endorsement.
    A bit more mature debating would be appreciated.

You imply it Francie in Sinn Fein speak normally followed by a number of posts which you try and deflect from which is the classic Republican tactic. At least those who fancy themselves as being at intellectual hub of Republicanism!
    I will leave it up to someone skilled in data analytics, and others who can analyse online debating tactics. To trawl through your approx 35k posts defending SF and Republicanism - about 9 posts a day. I have nothing to withdraw. And I have no inferority complex about being Irish, you and your kind do. But are too blind to see it.

You spend your time demeaning modern Irish culture, stop trying to slither out of it now it doesn't suit your latest rant - telling outright lies about what I support.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

maccored wrote: »
    ask the brits - they robbed it

how did it end up in a west cork shinners house pocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bobby Storey was the main man behind the Northern Bank Robbery. He was a psychopath.

Bobby Storey was the main man behind the Northern Bank Robbery. He was a psychopath.

How could you trust a word you are told by police force or the British Johnny?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Johnny.. Matter of opinion.. A lot of people would agree with you. But also alot of people who grew up around storey and the area might strongly disagree with you..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

afro man wrote: »
    Johnny.. Matter of opinion.. A lot of people would agree with you. But also alot of people who grew up around storey and the area might strongly disagree with you..

They'd be strongly advised not to stay anything. Like the night Bobby helped with the tidy-up operation after Robert McCartney was beaten with steel bars, had his throat cut, his eye poked out, and was sliced open from his chest to his stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Very well said.

There isn't a single poster on here defending collusion by members of the RUC or by British Army soldiers. You therefore can't criticise a single poster on that basis.

However, as you rightly point out, there are a large number of posters on here who glorify the "achievements" of the IRA, and celebrate horrific actions like Manchester, Birmingham, Omagh, Brighton, Warrington, Mullaghmore and Adare. They excuse the disappearance of mothers, the rape of children, the protection of child abusers, the kneecapping of young men and the common crimes of good republicans.

If there was a poster on here saying that the UDA were all great lads, fighting for their country and spouting meaningless platitudes about all violence being wrong, I would give that poster the same short shrift that I give to all of the SF acolytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

They'd be strongly advised not to stay anything. Like the night Bobby helped with the tidy-up operation after Robert McCartney was beaten with steel bars, had his throat cut, his eye poked out, and was sliced open from his chest to his stomach.

Have you any proof of this or just hearsay.. Was "jock" Davidson not the main suspect in murder and two others.. Also 70 People in the pub and no witnesses can understand the intimation to witness but I'm sure Ruc were open to a few annonomous phone calls... For the people living through the horrors if the troubles back them the local IRA men were seen as heroes and protectors to the community

Would you ever wise up.

Many acts of war 'got results'. Read any history book and it will be discussed in them.

It is school yard stuff to infer it is an endorsement.
    A bit more mature debating would be appreciated.

But that's it. What you can't see or even bring yourself to comprehend is that it is only fellow travellers of the IRA who see what they did as acts of war.

Normal people don't see it that way. Normal people put the IRA in the same category as those who were responsible for 9/11. Normal people put the IRA in the same category as the Taliban.

Calling them acts of war is the first part of your justification.

afro man wrote: »

A lot of people who grew up around Storey know what happens if you say a bad word about him around that area.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    how did it end up in a west cork shinners house pocket

the fella in feb 2005 who was released? Love to see the info you are going to get to back your point up. You are going to back your claim up yes?

• Advertisement

A lot of people who grew up around Storey know what happens if you say a bad word about him around that area.

you didnt so Im betting you havent a clue what your on about

Yeah, another meaningless Twitter dump on this thread.

Search around Twitter long enough, and someone will crawl out from under a rock to agree with you.

But that's it. What you can't see or even bring yourself to comprehend is that it is only fellow travellers of the IRA who see what they did as acts of war.

Normal people don't see it that way. Normal people put the IRA in the same category as those who were responsible for 9/11. Normal people put the IRA in the same category as the Taliban.

Calling them acts of war is the first part of your justification.

As is evident from your lack of comment is that YOU and your fellow travellers only see the acts of one side.

im surprised blanch hasnt been quoting the newsletter article. quare funny reading.

Yeah, another meaningless Twitter dump on this thread.

Search around Twitter long enough, and someone will crawl out from under a rock to agree with you.

People on twitter are real blanch. Did you not know that? Leo posts on it all the time. In fact he is getting roasted at the minute.

As is evident from your lack of comment is that YOU and your fellow travellers only see the acts of one side.

Show me the poster defending the UDA and I will take it up with them.

There are plenty of you defending the lowlifes of the IRA.

you think people don't like terrorist criminal scumbags is Irish guilt for the partition ? that's gas , the overwhelming mass of Irish people don't give a tinkers curse for people in the north

Show me the poster defending the UDA and I will take it up with them.

There are plenty of you defending the lowlifes of the IRA.

whereas you say 'they're all bad'. great insight there. no-one likes the idea of killing, and you certainly dont like to hear that your heroes who were meant to protect, where getting paid to kill innocents instead. as ive said before - if you had to live in it, you'd have a different idea. you didn't, so you think saying 'they're all bad' is a debating tactic.`

you defend the british army. they were directing the udr to go kill innocents.

maccored wrote: »
    the fella in feb 2005 who was released? Love to see the info you are going to get to back your point up. You are going to back your claim up yes?

easy there maccored , I can nearly see the spittle flying

In March, 2007, a 32-year-old man from Co Cork, Don Bullman, a chef from Fernwood Crescent in Wilton, was sentenced to four years in prison for membership of the IRA.
    He was arrested at Heuston Station in Dublin two years earlier by gardaí investigating money laundering following the Northern Bank robbery and found in possession of a Daz washing powder box containing more than €94,000.

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    you think people don't like terrorist criminal scumbags is Irish guilt for the partition ? that's gas , the overwhelming mass of Irish people don't give a tinkers curse for people in the north

got any more info on the fella from cork for me? Outside of the fact he was released with no charge that is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement