Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Is it true that Mary Lou went on multiple trips to the US over the summer and got a €48k back hander for Sinn Fein?

learning electioneering and denials of the truth from trump ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

imme wrote: »
    Gone, gone where.

Are you insinuating the PIRA didnt disband?
    Did everything work out in the end.
    did what work out?
    Are we not left with people in multiple organisations that have simply kept up what 'work' they were doing in the old days.

Again - are you insinuating the PIRA did not disband. If so, how do you cone to that conclusion (your personal opinion doesnt hold any weight)
    Why were they up to this work.

what work?
    a) you can't get a job because of noterierty etc

b) you live in a world of illegality to further the 'cause', or to fund your lavish lifestyle

What are you talking about? Are you having a conversation with yourself and forget to include the rest of us?

Is it true that Mary Lou went on multiple trips to the US over the summer and got a €48k back hander for Sinn Fein?

in the middle of a pandemic? Care to tell us where you heard this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

maccored wrote: »
    the IRA what? Laughable - this thread is amusing

All Leo's non friend friends are out in force, half a dozen FFrs possibly abstaining on Tuesday,

If it's true she's toast, if it's lies peroxide Terri is toast, Cant see anyone fxxking their career over a paltry €48k, their wind turbines turn that in a day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

If it's true she's toast, if it's lies peroxide Terri is toast, Cant see anyone fxxking their career over a paltry €48k, their wind turbines turn that in a day

Is there a link to this anywhere for reference? Seems a bit unbelievable....

seems a bit of a desperate attempt at 'oh look! over there!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

seems a bit of a desperate attempt at 'oh look! over there!!'

I wouldn't be shocked if true given the way Sinn Fein seems to work but it'd be great to see if there's some evidence or if it's just hearsay....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I admire the way you stick by your beliefs no matter what.....

Until nine mins later, when you don't. :D
    I wouldn't be shocked if true given the way Sinn Fein seems to work but it'd be great to see if there's some evidence or if it's just hearsay....

on this part of boards there an many many anti SF things said, but not too many with the evidence to back up the statements. What way does SF 'work' to make you think it might be true?

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    I admire the way you stick by your beliefs no matter what.....

Until nine mins later, when you don't. :D

playing Chinese whispers

Think it's shyte talk to move attention from what appears to be cash for favours by higher echelons of government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Mary Lou Mcdonald could not have made multiple trips to the USA as entry is prohibited if you've been in the EU 2 weeks prior to entry
    Even Canadians are banned
    Ironically Mexicans aren't,so if she spent 2 weeks in cancun prior to each visit to the states maybe its true
    In other words its not

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Think it's shyte talk to move attention from what appears to be cash for favours by higher echelons of government

What cash and what favours?
    Or maybe its 'shyte talk'?

markodaly wrote: »
    What cash and what favours?
    Or maybe its 'shyte talk'?

Owenie wandering around looking for donations ,how would you interpret that?

Owenie wandering around looking for donations ,how would you interpret that?

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Nobotty wrote: »
    Mary Lou Mcdonald could not have made multiple trips to the USA as entry is prohibited if you've been in the EU 2 weeks prior to entry
    Ironically Mexicans aren't,so if she spent 2 weeks in cancun prior to each visit to the states maybe its true
    In other words its not
    Add to that she was asking questions every week throughout summer, and everyone else was being watched like a hawk. Yet she decided it might be worth it.
    Aside from the $48,000 fair play to her making it back and forth multiple times and nobody noticing enough to report on it, but just a few people noticing and sitting on it to leak slowly on boards in November..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Hard to believe the provos are gone 15 years and people like yourself are still pretending SF are the PIRA

Absolutely laughable - and doesn't reflect well on your understanding of SF as a party.

They haven't. gone away you know

The army council remains the ruling body of the Sinn Fein.

Yamanoto wrote: »

And all FG policy has to pass Dinny, being in the thrall of the world's only taxpayer funded billionaire is more akin to a cult than a political party

Yamanoto wrote: »

fairy tales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nobotty wrote: »
    In other words its not

I am not saying that Mary-Lou did travel to the US, but I am saying that she could travel to the US, because there are exceptions.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/national-interest-exceptions-from-certain-travelers-from-the-schengen-area-uk-and-ireland.html

There are a number of different possibilities under which she may be exempt.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    stop and think for a second will you

do you really believe that everyone who doesn't loyally subscribe to your violent dim witted brand of out of date childish republicanism isn't a tricolour burning bowler hat wearing dup unionist ?

almost all the time both sides are wrong

Lining up for selfies with Jeffrery Donaldson at the FG Ard fheis kind of disproves your statement,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    I am not saying that Mary-Lou did travel to the US, but I am saying that she could travel to the US, because there are exceptions.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/national-interest-exceptions-from-certain-travelers-from-the-schengen-area-uk-and-ireland.html

You were falling over yourself to imply MON broke travel restrictions to travel to Dublin for the govt formation, and similarly with the Shinners at the Bobby Storey funeral (despite lockdown being lifted)

Now, you're falling over yourself to tell us Marylou McDonald could technically have travelled to the US because she is exempt.

A whiff of controversy and your position changes. you're a gas man. :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    You were falling over yourself to imply MON broke travel restrictions to travel to Dublin for the govt formation, and similarly with the Shinners at the Bobby Storey funeral (despite lockdown being lifted)

Now, you're falling over yourself to tell us Marylou McDonald could technically have travelled to the US because she is exempt.

A whiff of controversy and your position changes. you're a gas man. :D

As defensive a post as I have seen on here.

The allegation that Mary-Lou travelled to the US several times for fund-raising activities over the summer seems absurd on the face of it. What gives me pause is the immediate way it was dismissed as technically not possible under US law, when the facts, as I have presented, show that it was clearly possible for her to be allowed into the US. Whether or not she would break Irish law or Irish guidelines is a different matter, and I don't think that would have bothered her.

The example you give of the Bobby Storey funeral is a good example of a similar situation. You and others have defended Mary-Lou and others on the basis that the lockdown in the South had been lifted and said they were able to travel North for the funeral. However, attendance at the funeral in the North was illegal, as the relevant regulations weren't changed until the following day - I have pointed this out with links on a number of occasions. Furthermore, that shows she has form in ignoring Coronavirus guidelines.

Of course, turning the focus onto the poster that raised the issue, rather than the substance of the issue is another defensive tactic employed on here when under pressure which means you are only adding to the question.

Finally, there should be no need to explain the difference between essential travel for fund-raising purposes which the US government might allow a visa for and non-essential travel to attend the funeral of a criminal thug (unless you are saying that Mary-Lou was a close personal friend of Mr. Storey in his top 12 or 25 or whatever the number was - that would raise some more interesting questions).

so could leo and many others. was anyone spreading rumours leo went to the states?

so could leo and many others. was anyone spreading rumours leo went to the states?

Whataboutery is a good answer.

I don't know, I am not spreading the rumour.

My curiousity was sparked by the denials from the usual SF defenders that she wouldn't be allowed into the US. Once I pointed out that they were incorrect, they turned their ire on me, another diversionary tactic.

Maybe there is something in it then, I don't know, but at the very least it shows that the defences are mobilised at the merest hint of a rumour of bad behaviour.

Whataboutery is a good answer.

I don't know, I am not spreading the rumour.

My curiousity was sparked by the denials from the usual SF defenders that she wouldn't be allowed into the US. Once I pointed out that they were incorrect, they turned their ire on me, another diversionary tactic.

Maybe there is something in it then, I don't know, but at the very least it shows that the defences are mobilised at the merest hint of a rumour of bad behaviour.

you arent spreading the rumour - hahahaha

'Im not saying she did, but she could have' bull****

So, has there been a vigorous investigation into those Covid payments into SF bank accounts?

IMO, the Gardai and the PSNI should look at all the personal and party owned bank accounts for all SF TD's, MLA's and Senators.

markodaly wrote: »
    So, has there been a vigorous investigation into those Covid payments into SF bank accounts?

IMO, the Gardai and the PSNI should look at all the personal and party owned bank accounts for all SF TD's, MLA's and Senators.

has there? Did you ask the gards and the PSNI? Surely they'll investigate if its worth doing

• Advertisement

has there? Did you ask the gards and the PSNI? Surely they'll investigate if its worth doing

Well, money was essentially stolen by SF members.
    Surely it warrants a wider investigation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement