Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,984 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mynamejeff wrote: »
    same weak response to the same serious concern

you of course realise your not denying the statement your just saying "prove it"

I voted for the first time in a GE for SF having seriously considered if they had fulfilled their committments to the GFA. I actually read IMC reports, all of them, and reviewed other information that all says that they are.

YOU are in possession of information that they aren't. The onus is on you to prove it.

And whe you are done, can you even begin to explain away FG and FF's responsibility to all who signed the GFA in ignoring this information?

It is long since time to put up (proven and factual info) or shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the old enigma - "SF are economically illiterate. Why are SF the richest party in the state?"

Answer: Only idiots think SF are economically illiterate

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

There is nothing inherently wrong with any of the formats of governance in Northern Ireland. For example, majority rule as it applied up until 1969 works fine down here. Gerrymandering and lack of rights for minorities were the problem, not the system of government.

If you are correct, creating a different minority in a larger state won't work either.

the difference between 5 parties and a government based in a different country and what we have in the republic has been often pointed out to you. You have constantly chosen to ignore that and keep on flogging the same same silly, dead horse.

You keep going with those blinkers on - you are fooling no-one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Someone give Mary Lou a synonym for 'shindig':P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

maccored wrote: »
    the old enigma - "SF are economically illiterate. Why are SF the richest party in the state?"

Hahaha. I can understand someone saying this to score a point but are people actually stupid enough to believe this? The party that brought you "the demographics will look after themselves".

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Hahaha. I can understand someone saying this to score a point but are people actually stupid enough to believe this? The party that brought you "the demographics will look after themselves".

Jaysus christy, can we call out all parties now based on manifesto promises? There isn't a party on the planet fit to lead on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I have been saying it for years. A failed state that cannot govern itself due to the problems created by a ridiculous partition.

Would you agree Johnny?

english-proverb-bad-workman-blames-his-tools-57388814.jpg

At the here and now, SF have a seat in the NI executive. So, you either make it work or you blame something else.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Can they account for every Cent / pound

Jaysus christy, can we call out all parties now based on manifesto promises? There isn't a party on the planet fit to lead on that basis.

Call out whatever you want, will not make SF less stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

At least 50 properties and 200 employees.....

• Advertisement

At least 50 properties and 200 employees.....

SF giving out about landlords in the Dail, when they own more properties than all other political parties on the entire island of ireland.... COMBINED!!!

Fundraising from good ol' friends like these!

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSTv1tC_Y11y3vzQ0EU0Al6b7mPYbLTkwN5zQ&usqp=CAU

_105136331_gettyimages-1079998990.jpg

chris-andrews-assad-pic-2-310x415.jpg

markodaly wrote: »

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSTv1tC_Y11y3vzQ0EU0Al6b7mPYbLTkwN5zQ&usqp=CAU

_105136331_gettyimages-1079998990.jpg

chris-andrews-assad-pic-2-310x415.jpg

This is where you fall on your arse.

It doesnt matter to me WHERE they get their money from. If its illegally, then i have complete faith that they will have been addressed at this stage of the game. All parties are tied to the same fundraising rules, dont forget.

The fact they can grow their money to become - despite the hatred from the likes of ff, fg, lab, greens and press like the indo - one of the wealthiest parties in country, legally. Thats being economically literate and makes a mockery of the usual ‘SF will ruin the country’ bollocks you hear sheep baaing about

Earlier, blanch 152 and some other user whose name escapes me, insinuated that SF wanted pubs open to raise money (somehow),

A fine example as to why you shouldn’t listen to some of the nonsense flouted as fact in this very thread - The DUP blocking the extension of the lockdown - ie, opening the pubs

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/angry-exchanges-after-dup-blocks-extension-of-ni-covid-restrictions-1034667.html

It doesnt matter to me WHERE they get their money from.

Clearly! Donations from Trump is OK I guess!
    All parties are tied to the same fundraising rules, dont forget.

Actually, they are not. SF is not a 32 county all-ireland party anymore, they are a 26+6 county party, as shown in their acceptance of that €4 million euro donation, which would be illegal in the Republic, but legal in the North.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-tells-state-watchdog-uk-rules-apply-to-4m-donation-1.4384246
    Sinn Féin president Mary Lou McDonald told a State watchdog it had no authority to scrutinise donations made to the party in Northern Ireland on the grounds that Sinn Féin operated on “a six- and 26-county basis”, newly released correspondence shows.

The Standards in Public Office Commission (Sipo) wrote to Sinn Féin last year seeking clarity about the execution of the will of an English man who left an estate worth up to €4 million to the party. The donation by William Hampton is the largest ever received by a political party on the island of Ireland.

Writing from Leinster House, Kildare Street, Dublin, Ms McDonald told Sipo: “The donation that you refer to was not offered to, or accepted by, the Sinn Féin party in the 26-county jurisdiction”.

So, SF are not an all Ireland party, but a partitionist party which has two separate parties both in the south and the north!! :pac:

SF have been skirting fundraising rules for decades now, and it is time they are brought into line, like every other party in the state.
    The fact they can grow their money to become - despite the hatred from the likes of ff, fg, lab, greens and press like the indo - one of the wealthiest parties in country, legally. Thats being economically literate and makes a mockery of the usual ‘SF will ruin the country’ bollocks you hear sheep baaing about

SF are the richest party because they hold dinners in the US for the likes of Donald Trump and move those funds to their 6 county SF party... who then goes on to spend that money in the south.

Highly questionable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Funny thing about the first picture is that it was taken when Sinn Fein were having a massive surge in popularity after Gerry Adams was banned from entering the U.S. and no matter what protests were being screamed from this side about not letting him, Clinton did and Adams popularity peaked. It has been often wondered if the ban had not been lifted would his popularity have grown even more.
    Trump was one of hundreds of celebrities at the time that fell over themselves trying to meet him. But he never made any donation, as has been stated time and time again.
    Unless you have some other information that you would like to enlighten everyone with, and maybe a link or two to validate it.

Broken records.
    And yes, before anyone points it out, I know Leo is gay and the son of an immigrant. :rolleyes:

christy c wrote: »

Im not point scoring - I'm just stating a fact. Doesn't take a lot of brainpower to work that out.

Also - the current govn has no solution to the pensions timebomb - and they’re in power! You expect the opposition to have a perfect solution of the same problem? Cop on with yourself.

Actually, they are not. SF is not a 32 county all-ireland party anymore, they are a 26+6 county party, as shown in their acceptance of that €4 million euro donation, which would be illegal in the Republic, but legal in the North.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-tells-state-watchdog-uk-rules-apply-to-4m-donation-1.4384246

So, SF are not an all Ireland party, but a partitionist party which has two separate parties both in the south and the north!! :pac:

SF have been skirting fundraising rules for decades now, and it is time they are brought into line, like every other party in the state.

SF are the richest party because they hold dinners in the US for the likes of Donald Trump and move those funds to their 6 county SF party... who then goes on to spend that money in the south.

Highly questionable behaviour.

Whatever they do, the gardai are there to make sure all is legal - unless you have cause to believe it isnt. Let the gardai know immediately so it can be rectified.

Oh sorry ... its all ‘imo’ - ie, in yer head

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I would love to see this proof the Trump donated anything.

Suckit wrote: »

You cant be asking the lads about proof. They’re going to run out of makeyuppy news to divert to if you do

• Advertisement

Can they account for every Cent / pound

If you suspect they cant there are people you can contact to have them investigated

Otherwise thats just a stupid question to be asking. Its called ‘paranoia’.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are we on about the same Donald Trump?

Varadkar reveals aid he gave to Trump over Doonbeg golf course
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has revealed that he helped Donald Trump when he bought Doonbeg golf course when he was minister for tourism.

After Mr Trump opened his address at the Friends of Ireland lunch in the US Capitol, Mr Varadkar said that he received a phonecall from the businessman while he was at a rugby match in London.

The Taoiseach said “we actually had been in contact before he was president and I was Taoiseach”.

He recalled that Mr Trump raised the issue of his recent purchase in Doonbeg, Co Clare and his concerns about windfarms that were to be built in the area.

Mr Varadkar said he then rang Clare County Council. “I tried to do what I could do. The planning permission was declined.

Has anyone women up Eamon Ryan and let him know Leo stuck his oar in to prevent a wind farm being built for the Don?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

If you suspect they cant there are people you can contact to have them investigated

Otherwise thats just a stupid question to be asking. Its called ‘paranoia’.

Not paranoia I'm afraid its what can see with my own two eyes but anytime i post anything about it one of you runs of and reports it .

Im not point scoring - I'm just stating a fact. Doesn't take a lot of brainpower to work that out.

Also - the current govn has no solution to the pensions timebomb - and they’re in power! You expect the opposition to have a perfect solution of the same problem? Cop on with yourself.

There is no fact, it is your misguided opinion.

Regardless of other parties approach to the pension, it does not make SF's "plan" any less crazy. Sf are so stupid that they think the demographics will look after themselves, why would a party that are not economically illiterate peddle such horse manure?

Don't put words in my mouth about expecting the perfect solution, it's quite pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,508 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »

Has anyone women up Eamon Ryan and let him know Leo stuck his oar in to prevent a wind farm being built for the Don?

Jaysus Randall, the way you are going on the govt. might as well build a wall around Leinster House, and block all communication with the rest of the country!!

By your standards you might as well garage the big SUV as there would be no use driving around all day with no-one to talk to.

I’ll throw you lads some slack after getting a tonking yesterday, but going back to Trump and Doonbeg is pushing it.

There are three or four hundred hard working folk in Doonbeg who are all working because people got things done.Got out there and made things happen.

Being all po-faced and critical when it doesn’t affect you personally dudd’nt butter many parsnips, a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »

Whataboutery par excellence.

Jaysus Randall, the way you are going on the govt. might as well build a wall around Leinster House, and block all communication with the rest of the country!!

By your standards you might as well garage the big SUV as there would be no use driving around all day with no-one to talk to.

I’ll throw you lads some slack after getting a tonking yesterday, but going back to Trump and Doonbeg is pushing it.

There are three or four hundred hard working folk in Doonbeg who are all working because people got things done.Got out there and made things happen.

Being all po-faced and critical when it doesn’t affect you personally dudd’nt butter many parsnips, a chara.

Boards FGers moaning about people 'going back' to criticise. :D:D:D:D

That made my day, and a wet miserable day it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Whatever they do, the gardai are there to make sure all is legal - unless you have cause to believe it isnt. Let the gardai know immediately so it can be rectified.

Oh sorry ... its all ‘imo’ - ie, in yer head
    Suckit wrote: »

Well, you see, it is perfectly legal for Sinn Fein to route a donation from Trump through the party's accounts in Northern Ireland and have it kept secret.

Unfortunately, that means that the gardai or the PSNI can do nothing about it.

However, we do know that SIPO are worried about the imbalance, and have called for legislation to bring fairness to the issue North and South. It is not right that every other party in this State abides by strict transparency on donations, while Sinn Fein can trouser millions in the North without saying where it came from, be that legitimate donations from the US, Colombia, Russia or Cuba or illegitimate gains from illegal activities. Without transparency, those questions can be asked. I can't prove they happen, you can't prove that all Sinn Fein fundraising in the North is legitimate and allowed in the South.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Well, you see, it is perfectly legal for Sinn Fein to route a donation from Trump through the party's accounts in Northern Ireland and have it kept secret.

Unfortunately, that means that the gardai or the PSNI can do nothing about it.

However, we do know that SIPO are worried about the imbalance, and have called for legislation to bring fairness to the issue North and South. It is not right that every other party in this State abides by strict transparency on donations, while Sinn Fein can trouser millions in the North without saying where it came from, be that legitimate donations from the US, Colombia, Russia or Cuba or illegitimate gains from illegal activities. Without transparency, those questions can be asked. I can't prove they happen, you can't prove that all Sinn Fein fundraising in the North is legitimate and allowed in the South.

The Irish Government are responsible for the situation regarding donations made in the North. They were in consultation with the UK under the GFA in drawing up the special dispensation from wider UK regs that NI got.

You portray a free for all scenario up there but there are regulations governing donations. The Irish and British governments agreed to anonymity of donor names because of the possibility of intimidation. We were consulted on it.

As has been said about all the insidious allegations you people make, if you have proof then you need to go to the relevant authorities. You cannot be party to an agreement on a regulatory environment and then pretend it doesn't exist in order to gain political advantage because it suits a particular agenda. It reeks of hypocrisy and the politics of insinuation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Change Please 21

Another great day for Sinn Fein.

Even more votes coming there way now after that show yesterday evening.

Mary Lou will be happy enough to see this go on for another while.

Wonder what the FG video will be this Sunday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement