Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,985 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

:D:D:D

Come on Bish. Why does one preclude the other. Lost your tongue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Come on Bish. Why does one preclude the other. Lost your tongue?
    Read my last post to Joe.
    Nothing to see coming from you on SF thread is laughable Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

One lad reported his wrongful payment months, ago, but it still hadn't been repaid, hence the unelected officials resignation.
    The idea that this hadn't been passed on to higher authorities is doubtful in imo.
    The Nolan show broke the story sure, but the swift actions were a panic as much as a reaction to those stories to clear the way for Leo's story imo.

I hadn't heard with regards an early report. Who did they report it to? Was there a report to Sinn Fein? I hadnt heard that there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

joeguevara wrote: »
    I hadn't heard with regards an early report. Who did they report it to? Was there a report to Sinn Fein? I hadnt heard that there was.

I'd say there was!
    They were the political vessel in Cosgrave game imo.

Read my last post to Joe.
    Nothing to see coming from you on SF thread is laughable Francie.

As I asked blanch..what do you want to see in relation to this?

If there was lawbreaking that isn't up to SF, you or me to decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

christy c wrote: »
    No, its a misguided notion that SF are economically literate. Evidenced by their brain dead pension proposal for example.

Nah, they know about the pension time bomb and are just spouting what people want to hear.
    They've already increased the pension age in Ni to 66, it was one vote they actually agreed with the DUP on....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Triangle wrote: »
    Nah, they know about the pension time bomb and are just spouting what people want to hear.
    They've already increased the pension age in Ni to 66, it was one vote they actually agreed with the DUP on....

That makes it worse IMO, cynical populism and lies if that's the case.

That makes it worse IMO, cynical populism and lies if that's the case.

Do what I do christy, don't read electioneering manifesto's. they have been reduced to Estate agent glossy rubbish by years of the power swap. Treat politcal party promises with the grain of salt they deserve.

I say that of ALL political parties by the way.

Do what I do christy, don't read electioneering manifesto's. they have been reduced to Estate agent glossy rubbish by years of the power swap. Treat politcal party promises with the grain of salt they deserve.

I say that of ALL political parties by the way.

If I did what you did I would end up voting for a party with nonsensical economic policies that I have previously discussed, no thanks.

If I did what you did I would end up voting for a party with nonsensical economic policies that I have previously discussed, no thanks.

Well as I pointed out to christy, what makes what happened in this country make you think any of them are economically literate or sensible. Have you had a look at our books of late? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

As I asked blanch..what do you want to see in relation to this?

If there was lawbreaking that isn't up to SF, you or me to decide.

Is accusing politicians of lawbreaking allowed? Yes, or no?

If someone does accuse a politician of lawbreaking, should supporting evidence be provided?

But at the end of the day SF appointed themselves judge and jury again and forced the resignations.
    Now I'd say all resigned would have had a strong case for not resigning, but why did SF force the resignations.
    There's a case to be made against them on that too.

They may have offered them a choice, as was the practice in the past.

No excuse.

Re: the money wrongly lodged to their accounts, I am not sure what more is required regarding transparency or action there. Can you tell us?

The rest is just more insinuation and conspiracy theories from somebody who calls a Garda investigation into allegations against the Tanaiste's self admitted wrongdoing 'frivolous'.
    Who touts SIPO concerns as being important in respect of one party but not with regard to another.

Have I missed anything here? Can you tell us why we should be taking your insinuations and allegations seriously?

Yes, you have missed something.

In one case, SIPO have expressed a view in relation to an issue, in another there was a politically-motivated comlaint to SIPO that appears to have little or no merit. Big difference.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Is accusing politicians of lawbreaking allowed? Yes, or no?

If someone does accuse a politician of lawbreaking, should supporting evidence be provided?

Absolutely, it should be provided and maybe indicate the law you think was broken.

Well as I pointed out to christy, what makes what happened in this country make you think any of them are economically literate or sensible. Have you had a look at our books of late? :)

There are varying degrees of economic competence, and SF are fighting for bottom place with the likes of Paul Murphy IMO.

There are varying degrees of economic competence, and SF are fighting for bottom place with the likes of Paul Murphy IMO.

Isn't the freedom to vote for your favoured incompetents great to have?

Isn't the freedom to vote for your favoured incompetents great to have?

Depressing in ways, you think a colossal budget over run is bad for example but then you listen to the nonsense Pearse Doherty is roaring about for context.

Depressing in ways, you think a colossal budget over run is bad for example but then you listen to the nonsense Pearse Doherty is roaring about for context.

Put it this way christy, I'd prefer somebody 'roaring' for fairness than a power swap in cahoots with vested financial interests and sharing confidential info with them to the detriment of all.

You know what was mentioned many times yesterday, the politics of the old boys networks, the Golfgate soirees of landlords, bankers and judges etc etc. Everything this opposition has exposed just since this government was installed. Incompetent and rotten to the core, so much so they cannot even see it.

Time for something else, anything else, it couldn't be any worse tbh.

Time for something else, anything else, it couldn't be any worse tbh.

The rest of your post was just the usual soundbites. But for this line to be true, Ireland would have to be the worst country in the world, or at least the worst developed country. It's complete nonsense and would take a special level of stupidity for anyone to believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

No, its a misguided notion that SF are economically literate. Evidenced by their brain dead pension proposal for example.

then how are they the richest party?

You cannot claim illegality unless you have something to back that up with - both the gardai and the RUC have the powers to do something about that (which they havent).

As mentioned numerous times - those who keep claiming SF are up to no good, know exactly who to report that to rather than make insinuations on a public forum.

So if SF are economically illiterate - how do they have and retain so much money?

• Advertisement

The rest of your post was just the usual soundbites. But for this line to be true, Ireland would have to be the worst country in the world, or at least the worst developed country. It's complete nonsense and would take a special level of stupidity for anyone to believe that.

Well, if you stick to the reality of what is available to the electorate, I don't think it is the slightest bit stupid.

As I say, nobody is forcing you to move away from the tried and tested incompetents, you seem more than happy with your lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Allinall

maccored wrote: »

You cannot claim illegality unless you have something to back that up with - both the gardai and the RUC have the powers to do something about that (which they havent).

As mentioned numerous times - those who keep claiming SF are up to no good, know exactly who to report that to rather than make insinuations on a public forum.

So if SF are economically illiterate - how do they have and retain so much money?

Ulster bank ( NI ) are looking for their money back.

Don't know how they are the richest, large donations from fans help like the one in the news recently. I

But brain dead pension proposals and junior infants corporate tax proposals (Apple tax) are not the actions of a party that is economically literate.

Allinall wrote: »
    Ulster bank ( NI ) are looking for their money back.

??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

actually we can claim illegality ,

plenty of well known criminals were never convicted of their crimes , it doesn't mean they didn't commit them.
    remember all those murderers and bombers that were never caught …...

Well, if you stick to the reality of what is available to the electorate, I don't think it is the slightest bit stupid.

As I say, nobody is forcing you to move away from the tried and tested incompetents, you seem more than happy with your lot.

Depressing in ways, best of a bad lot and other similar terms do not suggest I am happy with my lot. Just parties as stupid as SF are not the answer IMO.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    actually we can claim illegality ,

plenty of well known criminals were never convicted of their crimes , it doesn't mean they didn't commit them.
    remember all those murderers and bombers that were never caught …...

Remember all those politicians and bankers who were never caught.

What is the name of this game? I like it, anyone can play. :rolleyes:

Depressing in ways, best of a bad lot and other similar terms do not suggest I am happy with my lot. Just parties as stupid as SF are not the answer IMO.

You keep voting for them christy and then wonder why you are depressed. :) Did someone mention stupidity?

You keep voting for them christy and then wonder why you are depressed. :) Did someone mention stupidity?

I keep voting for them as I see nothing better, that is the depressing part.

Yes, i mentioned stupidity in parties like SF.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Remember all those politicians and bankers who were never caught.

What is the name of this game? I like it, anyone can play. :rolleyes:

sf thread , why don't you talk about the crimes of sf ?

im sure there is a ff or fg thread for you somewhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement