Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,986 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mynamejeff wrote: »
    sf thread , why don't you talk about the crimes of sf ?

im sure there is a ff or fg thread for you somewhere

We are awaiting you identifying these 'crimes' with something other than the feeling in your waters jeff. Have to talk about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

maccored wrote: »
    then how are they the richest party?

You cannot claim illegality unless you have something to back that up with - both the gardai and the RUC have the powers to do something about that (which they havent).

As mentioned numerous times - those who keep claiming SF are up to no good, know exactly who to report that to rather than make insinuations on a public forum.

So if SF are economically illiterate - how do they have and retain so much money?

Ah yes, the Trump defence. Look at me, I am rich, I can't be bad for the economy or the country.

The list of parallels between Trump and Sinn Fein continues to grow.

P.S. I have never said that what Sinn Fein were doing was illegal, it is just on a par with the DUP taking Russian money to campaign for Brexit.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ah yes, the Trump defence. Look at me, I am rich, I can't be bad for the economy or the country.

The list of parallels between Trump and Sinn Fein continues to grow.

P.S. I have never said that what Sinn Fein were doing was illegal, it is just on a par with the DUP taking Russian money to campaign for Brexit.

Surely the massive Trumpian comparison is him holed up refusing to leave the White House and a FG appointee denying that he has been asked to leave his post?

One wonders would there be a peaceful transition of power here if the electorate vote for it given the Trumpian cling to power we have seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

We are awaiting you identifying these 'crimes' with something other than the feeling in your waters jeff. Have to talk about something.

lol deflect and ignore and around we go again ,

no one believes the lie that sf and the ira aren't a organised crime gang in all but name

how about all those who murdered maimed and stole for sf ?

lets name them Francie or are you going deny justice again

no one believes the lie that sf and the ira aren't a organised crime gang in all but name

Come on Jeff, name them. Who are you talking about in SF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jeff.... just a bit of friendly advice.......... you are wasting your time on this one.

Of course unless you want to dance on the head of a pin for the next three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

In all fairness lads, this Arlene Foster and her party need to be slapped in the face with a lump of their own snot.
    They'd do anything to stop an all island (Ireland) approach to anything.
    Another row with SF over restrictions.
    https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/dup-claims-dublin-sinn-fein-forced-michelle-oneill-into-covid-rules-u-turn-as-meeting-ends-without-agreement-39732268.html

Jeff.... just a bit of friendly advice.......... you are wasting your time on this one.

Of course unless you want to dance on the head of a pin for the next three weeks.

The person refusing to present the evidence he claims to have is wasting time and dancing the insinuation fandango Brendi. But thanks for your intervention.

aw I don't mind , Brendan

this isn't my full time job like some :):)

Surely the massive Trumpian comparison is him holed up refusing to leave the White House and a FG appointee denying that he has been asked to leave his post?

One wonders would there be a peaceful transition of power here if the electorate vote for it given the Trumpian cling to power we have seen.

Not at all.

After all, Leo won a vote, neither Sinn Fein nor Trump did.

• Advertisement

Come on Jeff, name them. Who are you talking about in SF?

Heres a "blast " from the past for you but lots of family of current sf too

https://magill.ie/archive/who-sinn-féin-was-ira

bit more recent

https://www.ft.com/content/058e757a-54c3-11ea-90ad-25e377c0ee1f

Not at all.

After all, Leo won a vote, neither Sinn Fein nor Trump did.

Seamus Woulfe is the FGer behaving in a Trumpian way.

I see the Village have just released a statement that is also making a Trumpian comparison which is valid too.
    More sinister still than the Tánaiste’s cynical mischaracterisation of the magazine, and his idle threats to sue, is that in the important Dáil debate of confidence in him on 10 November, he complained that Village is “unregulated”. That suggests one of the country’s leaders considers that it should be regulated. Believing, and implying in parliament, that a solution to your prolonged political discomfiture is “regulating” press that you do not like but choose not even to sue, is sinister in a democracy. We heard a lot about the influence of Donald Trump yesterday. Here is its definitive incarnation.

Heres a "blast " from the past for you but lots of family of current sf too

https://magill.ie/archive/who-sinn-féin-was-ira

bit more recent

https://www.ft.com/content/058e757a-54c3-11ea-90ad-25e377c0ee1f

Either you have evidence of SF involved in crime or you don't.

That article is from 2005 and references actions carried out during a conflict/war that is over.

Unless you can demonstrate differently according to the IMC and all who accept their reports (The Irish and British governments) the IRA no longer pose a threat militarily fulfilling their obligations to the GFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Bowie's threadban has been lifted after discussion via pm.

I see the Village have just released a statement that is also making a Trumpian comparison which is valid too.

No comparison, Trump is elected, Woulfe is not.

The Village are nothing more than a vehicle for a vendetta by Paddy Cosgrave against O'Toole.

No comparison, Trump is elected, Woulfe is not.

The Village are nothing more than a vehicle for a vendetta by Paddy Cosgrave against O'Toole.

We heard it all before with Maurice McCabe and other whistleblowers. Shameful stuff to avoid addressing what was admitted to.

Thankfully we still have media not afraid to stand up and address these issues.

Just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

aw I don't mind , Brendan

this isn't my full time job like some :):)

Thanks Jeff, it would be if you try to go down that road.

Appreciate your intentions but in my opinion I’m saving you a lot of angst and anger.

And there’s a lot of anger out there.

Thanks Jeff, it would be if you try to go down that road.

Appreciate your intentions but in my opinion I’m saving you a lot of angst and anger.

And there’s a lot of anger out there.

that's the thing with boards isn't it
    its only those who have personal investments in issues that have to deal with anger and angst.

lots of down time these days so its just nice to poke a professional agitator from the on line army and see the reaction :pac::pac:

its easy to see what's under the surface with some of these "personalities "

that's the thing with boards isn't it
    its only those who have personal investments in issues that have to deal with anger and angst.

lots of down time these days so its just nice to poke a professional agitator from the on line army and see the reaction :pac::pac:

its easy to see what's under the surface with some of these "personalities "

Again, the insinuation.

What's 'under the surface' Jeff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Again, the insinuation.

What's 'under the surface' Jeff?

Anger and angst I presume...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Didn't blanch and marko try and disown Woulfe as a fger?

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Anger and angst I presume...

I think that is best left to the boys making the unfounded rants tbh.

Either you have evidence of SF involved in crime or you don't.

That article is from 2005 and references actions carried out during a conflict/war that is over.

Unless you can demonstrate differently according to the IMC and all who accept their reports (The Irish and British governments) the IRA no longer pose a threat militarily fulfilling their obligations to the GFA.

lets start again with this so

paul quinn murdered in 2007 , by members of the ira ,

sf members meet and knew who did it but refused to cooperate

you know all this don't you ? nothing to do with gfa

n November 2007, the Independent Monitoring Commission's John Grieve, stated that "We do believe that those involved ... included people who are members or former members, or have associations with members or former members, of the Provisional IRA.

but the ira is gone says you .

lets start again with this so

paul quinn murdered in 2007 , by members of the ira ,

sf members meet and knew who did it but refused to cooperate

Where is your evidence here. Who did they 'refuse to co-operate with'? I will remind you obstructing an inquiry or refusing to co-operate with an inquiry is a crime. Was anyone from SF even arrested in connection with this?
    The IMC and the PSNI and The Gardai know who did it. Knowing who did it isn't the problem.
    you know all this don't you ? nothing to do with gfa

n November 2007, the Independent Monitoring Commission's John Grieve, stated that "We do believe that those involved ... included people who are members or former members, or have associations with members or former members, of the Provisional IRA.

but the ira is gone says you .

Never denied by me, that former members are involved in crime. I agree with the IMC, the IRA as an organisation did not sanction or commit this crime.

There was no obligation on the IRA to be gone, the obligation was to cease military actions and organising and to decommission. All of that was complied with or else the IMC and the two governments are lying to us.

I made my decision to vote for SF after reading all the available information on the activities of the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Where is your evidence here. Who did they 'refuse to co-operate with'? I will remind you obstructing an inquiry or refusing to co-operate with an inquiry is a crime. Was anyone from SF even arrested in connection with this?
    The IMC and the PSNI and The Gardai know who did it. Knowing who did it isn't the problem.

Never denied by me, that former members are involved in crime. I agree with the IMC, the IRA as an organisation did not sanction or commit this crime.

There was no obligation on the IRA to be gone, the obligation was to cease military actions and organising and to decommission. All of that was complied with or else the IMC and the two governments are lying to us.

I made my decision to vote for SF after reading all the available information on the activities of the IRA.

The available information is that SF is being run by an unelected council, probably the old ira army council.
    Unless you believe just the SF version that is.
    So you're reasoning seems a bit askew.

Paul Quinns mother
    "

She said he should "go and tell the PSNI and the Gardaí exactly who he was speaking to" in the IRA after the murder.[15] She said she would not meet Conor Murphy until he "comes out publicly saying that he is going to the PSNI to give the names of the IRA that he spoke to in Cullyhanna".[

so the ira isn't got at all then ?

what are they doing ?

The available information is that SF is being run by an unelected council, probably the old ira army council.
    Unless you believe just the SF version that is.
    So you're reasoning seems a bit askew.

The PSNI (read it carefully) have said 'it is some members of PIRA's belief that SF is run by the Army Council'.

Some members of PIRA Bish. Probably the same ones who claim Adams was the head of the IRA that ordered the killing of Jean McConville etc etc.

I.E. Unproven and unverified allegations.

The IMC believe that the IRA is dismantled and it's members are engaged in exclusively democratic means.

Paul Quinns mother
    "

She said he should "go and tell the PSNI and the Gardaí exactly who he was speaking to" in the IRA after the murder.[15] She said she would not meet Conor Murphy until he "comes out publicly saying that he is going to the PSNI to give the names of the IRA that he spoke to in Cullyhanna".[

so the ira isn't got at all then ?

what are they doing ?

Paul Quinn's mother is your evidence? Sorry, but that is rubbish. I understand Mrs Quinn's upset that Murphy said the same thing as the IMC and PSNI told Bertie Ahern and have never retracted. It isn't 'evidence' of anything.

The evidence is that Murphy has done nothing illegal or he would have been arrested for obstructing an inquiry or failing to give evidence.
    The fact is both the IMC and the PSNI already know what Murphy knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

sf thread , why don't you talk about the crimes of sf ?

the ones you and blanch152 et al make up? What have we had so far? SF stealing money (or somehow illegally making money), MLMD visiting the US in the summer, SF kneecapping people.

lets start with those shall we? Found anything to back any of those statements up yet?

(I wont hold my breath waiting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Allinall wrote: »
    Ulster bank ( NI ) are looking for their money back.

the RUC had 50 grand of that - have you asked them? Again, come forth with your info that SF stole anything ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement