Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

imme wrote: »
    The party overall didn't want to let the result known.

It was finally released by Danny Morrison, who afaik has no official role in the party any more, on Twitter.

The party didn't release the result, Danny did.

The video on here
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/revealed-sinn-fein-voting-numbers-for-odowd-v-oneill-leadership-contest-38716424.html

features Mary Lou, when the party was in 'we're not releasing mood', saying that the matter was purely internal.

Fair enough, I was wrong about who released it first. I was listening to Mary Lou on the radio after the fact and didn't realise it.
    She was saying that care had to be taken in the approach to these things, or words to that effect.
    Core of my point still stands.
    Danny Morrison, former publicity director for Sinn Fein, revealed the figures in a tweet.

It said a number of party members had been contacted over the figures, which Sinn Fein refused to disclose after its ard fheis at the weekend.

"Having looked at the matter and contacted both candidates and the director of elections we have taken the decision to release the figures,"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    So lockdown was over - you're trying to go off on a different tangent, won't work I'm afraid.

Lockdown was lifted north and south on the same day, the day before Storeys funeral.

Goalpost moving now.

Garda Horkans funeral was held in the heart of Lockdown, and all the restrictions in place them were observed been flouted, and not a word from you.

Go figure.

Which funeral for Storey, the cremation or the burial?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Fair enough, I was wrong about who released it first. I was listening to Mary Lou on the radio after the fact and didn't realise it.
    She was saying that care had to be taken in the approach to these things, or words to that effect.
    Core of my point still stands.

But SF (officially) didn't release the result, Danny did.p
    What does she mean,care needs to be taken?

SF people on here keep telling us the war is over,
    There is no more army council, if there ever was,

The IRA is nothing more than an old boys club now,

Whatever is left of the IRA isn't involved in any form of criminality.

If the war has been over for 20 + years why the continued secrecy.

When a funeral notice says the deceased is going to a crematorium why would you be expecting a 'burial' Brendi?
    Cemetery: Roselawn Crematorium

http://www.healybrothers.co.uk/obituaries/Storey_Bobby_21-June-2020

imme wrote: »
    But SF (officially) didn't release the result, Danny did.p
    What does she mean,care needs to be taken?

SF people on here keep telling us the war is over,
    There is no more army council, if there ever was,

The IRA is nothing more than an old boys club now,

Whatever is left of the IRA isn't involved in any form of criminality.

If the war has been over for 20 + years why the continued secrecy.

Can you not read your own link?
    Danny Morrison, former publicity director for Sinn Fein, revealed the figures in a tweet.

It said a number of party members had been contacted over the figures, which Sinn Fein refused to disclose after its ard fheis at the weekend.

"Having looked at the matter and contacted both candidates and the director of elections we have taken the decision to release the figures,"

I presume she was talking about persuading those reticent in the north to release the figures when they are used to not revealing internal party stuff. As I said it is a legacy issue or instinct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

When a funeral notice says the deceased is going to a crematorium why would you be expecting a 'burial' Brendi?

http://www.healybrothers.co.uk/obituaries/Storey_Bobby_21-June-2020

If i was told to go to a graveyard i would expect a burial.

joeguevara wrote: »

If I was going to the funeral of a senior SF member and ex IRA member I would expect it to be like every other funeral of a senior SF member and ex IRA person and that there would be the customary oration at the republican plot in Roselawn Cemetery.
    If you went expecting a burial then you were not informed as the funeral notice clearly says that he was going to Roselawn Crematorium.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Why?

Their was a public announcement he was being cremated, and another one announcing a graveside oration for him at the ceremony.

If you were expecting a burial, that would be because you didn't read the arrangements, hardly anyone elses fault there tbh.

IMG-20201113-152927.jpg

If I was going to the funeral of a senior SF member and ex IRA member I would expect it to be like every other funeral of a senior SF member and ex IRA person and that there would be the customary oration at the republican plot in Roselawn Cemetery.
    If you went expecting a burial then you were not informed as the funeral notice clearly says that he was going to Roselawn Crematorium.

Aologies, I don't go to many funerals of murderers, kneecappers, bank robbers etc so didn't know that there was a slot for propoganda.

Aologies, I don't go to many funerals of murderers, kneecappers, bank robbers etc so didn't know that there was a slot for propoganda.

Yeh, well I don't know many people who go around saying they were expecting a burial when it was clear there wasn't going to be one. And then keep on repeating it. Odd behaviour to say the least.

There's a few people here who do.

• Advertisement

Yeh, well I don't know many people who go around saying they were expecting a burial when it was clear there wasn't going to be one. And then keep on repeating it. Odd behaviour to say the least.

There's a few people here who do.

I actually think that there was not much wrong with Storey funeral. I was being glib in my last post and meant no disrespect. I was a bit shocked when i found out he was cremated and not buried but I am sure that everyone who was at it knew exactly that it was just easier to give the oration and probably more chance of social distancing.

Why?

Their was a public announcement he was being cremated, and another one announcing a graveside oration for him at the ceremony.

If you were expecting a burial, that would be because you didn't read the arrangements, hardly anyone elses fault there tbh.

IMG-20201113-152927.jpg

Where does it say he is being cremated there? It says going to miltown plot for a short oration and then ceremony. It says nothing about cremation? Or am i missing it? Im being serious here.

Where does it say he is being cremated there? It says going to miltown plot for a short oration and then ceremony. It says nothing about cremation? Or am i missing it? Im being serious here.

It said cremation in the death notice from the funeral directors, and doesn't mention a burial on the funeral arrangements above from the Shinners, just an oration, because I'd assume anyone who took the time and effort to ensure they were going to the funeral already knew of the cremation via the family notice issued via the funeral directors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Do FG people seriously think that continuing to mention at any given opportunity a funeral that happened 6 months ago that they're convincing the people that voted for Sinm Fein in record numbers that they were wrong and will realise the error of their ways and vote FG next time around?

It said cremation in the death notice from the funeral directors, and doesn't mention a burial on the funeral arrangements above from the Shinners, just an oration, because I'd assume anyone who took the time and effort to ensure they were going to the funeral already knew of the cremation via the family notice issued via the funeral directors.

If someone used the above to call someone out for not knowing there was a cremation and it didnt mention a cremation but mentioned a service in a cemetery, Id find that quite bizarre. Can you see that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

The reason why Fine Gougers will never drop the disgusting funeral attack line is so no-one ever holds Varadkar to account for his actions during this pandemic.

Going down to a crowded park to get pissed with his mates a week or two after his PR campaign dressed up as a doctor ''LeAdInG tHe nAtIOnS fIghT'' at the beginning of this crisis was the most irresponsible message anyone could have done while medical institutes were being over run with covid etc.

And this is what Varadkar did. House parties, piss ups in towns and people taking off on holidays is what brought the second wave. Not people paying their respects, no matter how big or small a funeral was.

Its an appalling smear against all people who had to grieve over the past year and it will come back to bite those low lives weaponizing it.

All created by the Taoiseach, his advisers and his narcissism.

Varadkar throws everybody under the bus so he doesn't have to put his hand up and take responsibility for his behaviour time and again. Sociopath.

If someone used the above to call someone out for not knowing there was a cremation and it didnt mention a cremation but mentioned a service in a cemetery, Id find that quite bizarre. Can you see that?

Not really, the details I attached were issued following the family notice that already had the cremation details.

Like I said, presumably anyone going to the funeral already knew their was going to be a cremation, and hence why the oration was held at the republican plot in the cemetery.

I can see why some people would want it to seem bizzare, but then again we've had people on this thread purposely misrepresenting things and downright lying since it was started.

joemurt wrote: »
    The reason why Fine Gougers will never drop the disgusting funeral attack line is so no-one ever holds Varadkar to account for his actions during this pandemic.

Going down to a crowded park to get pissed with his mates a week or two after his PR campaign dressed up as a doctor ''LeAdInG tHe nAtIOnS fIghT'' at the beginning of this crisis was the most irresponsible message anyone could have done while medical institutes were being over run with covid etc.

And this is what Varadkar did. House parties, piss ups in towns and people taking off on holidays is what brought the second wave. Not people paying their respects, no matter how big or small a funeral was.

Its an appalling smear against all people who had to grieve over the past year and it will come back to bite those low lives weaponizing it.

Varadkar throws everybody under the bus so he doesn't have to put his hand up and take responsibility for his behaviour time and again. Sociopath.

You unloaded a lot of untrue bile there, Coach.

You don’t come across too well there, unfortunately.

You unloaded a lot of untrue bile there, Coach.

You don’t come across too well there, unfortunately.

At least he/she isn't going on about 'burials' that nobody ever said were going to happen, in order to get a dig in.

At least he/she isn't going on about 'burials' that nobody ever said were going to happen, in order to get a dig in.

She was a fair splatther of dirt against the wall though Francie, none of it true.

Do you back it all up, a chara ?

• Advertisement

She was a fair splatther of dirt against the wall though Francie, none of it true.

Do you back it all up, a chara ?

Why not answer for your own splatther first Brendi?

Why not answer for your own splatther first Brendi?

I only deal in facts, Francie, not rubbish like that.

You don’t back it up yourself do you?

I only deal in facts, Francie, not rubbish like that.

You don’t back it up yourself do you?

'Facts' as in this Brendi?

There was never to be a 'burial'. Do you accept that now?

*If I wish to comment on or back up a post, I will.

'Facts' as in this Brendi?

There was never to be a 'burial'. Do you accept that now?

*If I wish to comment on or back up a post, I will.

Good stuff Francie, I take it from that, that like myself , we feel it’s rubbish.

Don’t be afraid to get out of your entrenched time warp,a chara.

Be good for the thread in the long run.

Good stuff Francie, I take it from that, that like myself , we feel it’s rubbish.

Don’t be afraid to get out of your entrenched time warp,a chara.

Be good for the thread in the long run.

Not man enough to sort out your own sphlatter and answer the question but well able to put words in the mouths of others.

Thanks for that Brendi.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Top class transparency from Sinn Fein as usual, don't you think?

Acosta wrote: »
    Do FG people seriously think that continuing to mention at any given opportunity a funeral that happened 6 months ago that they're convincing the people that voted for Sinm Fein in record numbers that they were wrong and will realise the error of their ways and vote FG next time around?

Can't speak for FG people, but from my perspective, I will call whatever I see as wrong for as long as I want.

Why?

IMG-20201113-152927.jpg

Is that a public announcement? Or an email to supporters?

What ceremony (as per above) would one normally have in a cemetery after a funeral mass in a church. Why does the above not mention a cremation if he was to be cremated. Why did you post that as proof that there was only ever to be a cremation if it doesn’t mention cremation. Was it a mistake?

• Advertisement

joemurt wrote: »

Would those weaponising be RPGs, SAMs or armalites?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement