Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Tbf i attended a prodestant funeral(??),for a mates father,(my county has a large enough prodestant population,leads to great banter!),and they stopped for an oration at his family plot,before loading into the hearse for away to cremation

Maybe its a cultural thing?

An oration is not a ceremony. There is only one ceremony (as per the email) that takes place in a cemetery after a funeral mass.

Just to note the email outlined an oration and a ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

joeguevara wrote: »
    What ceremony (as per above) would one normally have in a cemetery after a funeral mass in a church. Why does the above not mention a cremation if he was to be cremated. Why did you post that as proof that there was only ever to be a cremation if it doesn’t mention cremation. Was it a mistake?

Sigh...... I don't know if you didn't bother reading the post of mine you quoted, but I stated fairly clearly that it was literally publicly announced by the family that he was to be cremated his the funeral directors. See here dated June 21st..

IMG-20201113-190056.jpg

The Sinn Fein announcement referencing the graveside oration was released June 25th. A full four days later, no mention of a burial, just an oration at the republican plot in the cemetery.

Now, you can argue to the cows come home that "there was no mention of a cremation" if you like, but you'll continue to look a bit silly is all, so tear away if you like.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sigh...... I don't know if you didn't bother reading the post of mine you quoted, but I stated fairly clearly that it was literally publicly announced by the family that he was to be cremated his the funeral directors. See here dated June 21st..

IMG-20201113-190056.jpg

The Sinn Fein announcement referencing the graveside oration was released June 25th. A full four days later.

Now, you can argue to the cows come home that "there was no mention of a cremation" if you like, but you'll continue to look a bit silly is all, so tear away if you like.

Why didn’t you post that instead of the email begging for money first? Fairly simple question. Just admit that it was made to look like a burial and it was a fcuck up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Japers, people still using a funeral from months ago to try attack SF for calling out the government? Very pathetic stuff.
    I think using Garda Horkan's or Storey's funerals as political footballs is poor, especially if you'll criticise one while ignoring the other. Those men are dead. All that's happening is viewing their families grief all collateral damage in a point scoring game.

Bowie wrote: »
    Japers, people still using a funeral from months ago to try attack SF for calling out the government? Very pathetic stuff.
    I think using Garda Horkan's or Storey's funerals as political footballs is poor, especially if you'll criticise one while ignoring the other. Those men are dead. All that's happening is viewing their families grief all collateral damage in a point scoring game.

Plenty families are still grieving from the work of storey. So fcuck that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Why didn’t you post that instead of the email begging for money first? Fairly simple question. Just admit that it was made to look like a burial and it was a fcuck up.

Joe see post 4524 above....I posted the funeral notice.

Anybody playing the 'burial' nonsense is just uninformed. Or staying willfully uninformed. Take your pick.

What families are grieving from the actions of him?

Did he not give most of the troubles behind bars,for a non fatal shooting incident?

The ones that families were beaten, raped, knee capped and murdered on the orders and intelligence of Bobby Storey. But I have a feeling that you will deny all that.

Plenty families are still grieving from the work of storey. So fcuck that.

I don't think you understand the concept of death. Storey has no notion what you are posting. His funeral is being used to score points, while I don't see your condemnation of Horkan's? Not that either would be very noble IMO.

Joe see post 4524 above....I posted the funeral notice.

Anybody playing the 'burial' nonsense is just uninformed. Or staying willfully uninformed. Take your pick.

I’m only going by the pot that mcmurphy quoted mine with.

Bowie wrote: »
    I don't think you understand the concept of death. Storey has no notion what you are posting. His funeral is being used to score points, while I don't see your condemnation of Horkan's? Not that either would be very noble IMO.

So death absolves condemnation. Fair play.

And I understand the concept of death very well especially in arepublican context.

• Advertisement

What in under jaysis are you talking about, the funeral arrangements were postedb by Francie before I posted that here.
    When a funeral notice says the deceased is going to a crematorium why would you be expecting a 'burial' Brendi?

http://www.healybrothers.co.uk/obituaries/Storey_Bobby_21-June-2020

Seems you didn't bother you Barney reading it, and are now jumping up and down in faux outrage feeling "cheated".

There's a recurring theme of people not reading what's put in front of them and/or misrepresenting things.

Bobby story ordered familie raped??

Why are you making stuff up?

He literally spent most of the troubles in jail,his influence is minimal at best,your out of road as regards critism,as their simply isnt grounds for it

Apologies I’m wrong. It was a butterfly as storey himself put it was 5e IRAs chief int3lligrnce and enforcer for punishment beatings, assaults, murders and robberies. And I’m sure a butterfly held court for victims of IRA sex abuse cases. Away out of that. The man was a scumbag and vicious one at that.

What in under jaysis are you talking about, the funeral arrangements were postedb by Francie before I posted that here.

Seems you didn't bother you Barney reading it, and are now jumping up and down in faux outrage feeling "cheated".

There's a recurring theme of people not reading what's put in front of them and/or misrepresenting things.

Shouldn’t have posted something that makes no mention of a cremation as proof of a cremation. Get over it.

Shouldn’t have posted something that makes no mention of a cremation as proof of a cremation. Get over it.

The cremation bit was already proved.

Jaysus Joe, it's ther in front of you. We were talking about what was to happen in the graveyard...which is what SF were responsible for organising, not the family.

Nobody was fooled about what was happening is the point. Another 'conspiracy theory' bites the dust for you guys.

So infact,you did make it up,a court held surronding sex cases is a world away from ordering families raped

But sure,who.needs facts,when you can just make sh1t up and it feels right :yawn:

I said intelligence as well as orders. He was aware and did nothing. But he is a shinner sweet heart. Yawn.

Joe, not for the first time your failure of reading what's put in front of you has come to the fore.

Don't get snotty with me over that, that's your own issue I'm afraid.

Joe, not for the first time your failure of reading what's put in front of you has come to the fore.

Don't get snotty with me over that, that's your own issue I'm afraid.

Maybe. Leave it at that.

So what intelligence did he supply,that lead to families getting raped??

You were full.sure of this,a mere 16 mins ago,why the sudden slide....is that you are just making rubbish up??

No wonder,irish politics is the joke it is,if this is what passes for informed political taught

This was in reference to families grieving for the abuse their loved ones suffered. Whether directed by or known by Head of Intelligence.

World of difference between ordered and known by someone......but sure who needs facts or accurate info anymore,conspiracy theories are par the course for irish politics nowadays anyways,

Jokeshop.of a country

Yeah jokeshop. When senior members do nothing and leave families deal with the horrors inflicted by the boys,

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/ira-sexual-abuse-paudie-mcgahon-mairia-cahill-2007824-Mar2015/

Maybe. Leave it at that.

So that's the Lockdown myth busted, and the burial myth busted too.

Seems that they broke social distancing guidelines, but so too did the mourners present at Garda Horkans funeral.

I didn't see the Shinners trying to point score off that though, so that shows you the levels FG would stoop to.

• Advertisement

So death absolves condemnation. Fair play.

And I understand the concept of death very well especially in arepublican context.

Nope, talking about a funeral months later, (while ignoring another) to score a dig is all you are doing. If you want to talk about Storey have at it, not sure how a dead man fits into 'current affairs' mind.

Seems that they broke social distancing guidelines, but so too did the mourners present at Garda Horkans funeral.

I didn't see the Shinners trying to point score off that though, so that shows you the levels FG would stoop to.

I think FG and especially Leo are bigger cnuts than SF and storey.

Why?

Can’t stand Leo. He comes across smug. He doesn’t represent me and hated the lies about helping people who get up early in the morning. As for FG I find a lot of their supporters to be smug as well. I hate all political parties and very few politicians. Greens and labour are the worst imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So infact,you did make it up,a court held surronding sex cases is a world away from ordering families raped

But sure,who.needs facts,when you can just make sh1t up and it feels right :yawn:

Yeah, I think that was unfair, Storey wasn't involved in ordering rapes, but ordering bombings, knee-cappings, punishment beatings, intimidation, murder and disappearances, yes, he was part of the decision-making for those acts.

But what a great man, he never ordered a rape.

Join saoradh :D

At least they'll face down justin barretts bigots

He’s some pr1ck. Did you see his wife using the racist slurs on tweet saying against that Chinese lady...saying they were having sweet and sour, fried rice etc.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think that was unfair, Storey wasn't involved in ordering rapes, but ordering bombings, knee-cappings, punishment beatings, intimidation, murder and disappearances, yes, he was part of the decision-making for those acts.

But what a great man, he never ordered a rape.

Just for information I don’t think he ordered rapes but definitely did not do anything about a lot of them in kangaroo type courts. It was a poor post by me where I should have made a differentiation between intelligence and ordering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Wont lie,i loved the video of em running for cover when faced with saoradh members

At least someone is willing to not give em a free reign to spread bigotry

good old saoradh , real republicans with real grit eh . makes ya proud

lucky no one was killed by a coward in the dark again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I did , some o them are banned now some aren't

takes a certain kind of person to use an innocents death for point scoring on boards

mynamejeff wrote: »

takes a certain kind of person to use an innocents death for point scoring on boards

The irony, remember that the next time you wheel out Paul Quinn's death, Jean McConvilles or any of the other stock replies you keep up your sleeve Jeffrey.

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »

I'd be interested to see posts where 'shinners' point scored when Garda Horkan's funeral happend Jeff. Could you back that up please?

Edit: sure let's go all in, can you link to a shinner anywhere complaining about what happened at Garda Horkan's funeral anywhere, when it happened?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement