Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Again, it is not possible for any political party to institue criminal proceedings. SF did all they have the right to do. Held their hands up and sanctioned those involved-no equivocation, no excuses or circling of wagons.

I, like everyone else criticised SF for what happened at the funeral.

What I didn't do is lie about what happened as several have been caught doing.

No problem with you criticising SF for what happened at the funeral, but it was Golfgate in the North. I welcomed Dara Calleary’s resignation, Michelle O’Neill should follow that example.

Superb article by Pat Rabbitte in the Business Post today on the SF hypocrisy over COVID.

I have asked before and asked again why was the crisis of an Irish Language Act or some grants for burning wood more important than people dying?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    No problem with you criticising SF for what happened at the funeral, but it was Golfgate in the North. I welcomed Dara Calleary’s resignation, Michelle O’Neill should follow that example.

It's not comparable - the north was no longer under lockdown - you know this.

Keep clinging to that security blanket if you like, but it's a lie.
    Superb article by Pat Rabbitte in the Business Post today on the SF hypocrisy over COVID.

I have asked before and asked again why was the crisis of an Irish Language Act or some grants for burning wood more important than people dying?

Many of us have asked you to outline the difference in the two funerals - never got a satisfactory answer yet.

Pat Rabbite?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I never called for anyone's resignation for Golfgate, I did call for resignations for lying though.

Everyone made mistakes around Covid. I still get social distancing wrong at times and mask wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

McMurphy wrote: »

Many of us have asked you to outline the difference in the two funerals - never got a satisfactory answer yet.

Pat Rabbite?
    Main difference was one was a scumbags funeral attendant by mainly scumbags the other was was a decent citizens funeral attended by mainly decent people and 1 ignorant fool who is Charley Flanagan .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Main difference was one was a scumbags funeral attendant by mainly scumbags the other was was a decent citizens funeral attended by mainly decent people and 1 ignorant fool who is Charley Flanagan .

So Covid knows the difference?

I never called for anyone's resignation for Golfgate, I did call for resignations for lying though.

Everyone made mistakes around Covid. I still get social distancing wrong at times and mask wearing.

Well, I was happy with Dara Calleary’s resignation, it would be wrong of me not to call for Michele’s

Fann Linn wrote: »

Hospitals, brothels and drug smuggling operations are all workplaces. We have different rules for them even though COVID doesn’t know the difference.

Pat Rabbite?

Funeral regulations were broken for Storey. End of discussion, no matter how many times you try to divert and whatabout.

Fann Linn wrote: »

That seems to be SF favourite answer on this . Justifies it in their own heads . Oh and one funeral wasn’t diverted for a propaganda session.

• Advertisement

That seems to be SF favourite answer on this . Justifies it in their own heads . Oh and one funeral wasn’t diverted for a propaganda session.

You or I don't get to organise funerals.

People from republicans to loyalists, to GAA and celebrities do things their own way.

I live and let live. Never made a comment on how people bury their dead or what was said in an oration n my life.

I'm sure immunological science around the globe will be wetting their pants tonight on the back of this new revelation - apparently (according to your man tikka here) the virus can now differentiate between what some folk can decide are scumbags and mere "citizens" (you're wasted on this site horse, a great future in immunology awaits you)
    -
    Funeral regulations were broken for Storey. End of discussion, no matter how many times you try to divert and whatabout.

And remind me what the funeral regulations were at the time of Garda Horkans funeral please blanch?

I'll check back in the morning, but no doubt you'll be able to outline the difference in two men's funeral, and how covid 19 (a virus) can tell the difference in who it'll infect..and who it won't....

I'm sure immunological science around the globe will be wetting their pants tonight on the back of this new revelation - apparently (according to your man tikka here) the virus can now differentiate between what some folk can decide are scumbags and mere "citizens" (you're wasted on this site horse, a great future in immunology awaits you)
    -

And remind me what the funeral regulations were at the time of Garda Horkans funeral please blanch?

I'll check back in the morning.

Already answered.
    Hospitals, brothels and drug smuggling operations are all workplaces. We have different rules for them even though COVID doesn’t know the difference.

Already answered.

You did not answer - what you did do was run out of road.

-

I'll check back in the morning, but no doubt you'll be able to outline the difference in two men's funeral, and how covid 19 (a virus) can tell the difference in who it'll infect..and who it won't....
    Ah the usual tactic from your self , lash in a long reply that has twisted what the poster has said , then you normally throw a bit of of abuse in to the mix . Rinse and repeat . No one has ever said Covid knows the difference . What grates on most is the fact that this funeral / March was attended by all of the SF ministers who continuously do and say what they like but will shout from the opposite bench that other people who have done the same should resign and then get their lackies to flood social media pages with posts slating the opposition while they are doing the same. Go on the any local Facebook pages , il give you Finglas talks as an example- all SF posts . They attended the funeral of a dirtbag , he wasn’t even a decent person. That is an issue for most .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Maybe not for propaganda but there were actually two diversions, vigils, in both Castlerea and Ballaghaderreen prior to Gda. Horkins burial.

Oh dear, this post falls at the first hurdle tbh, look at the below in bold.

Ah the usual tactic from your self , lash in a long reply that has twisted what the poster has said , then you normally throw a bit of of abuse in to the mix . Rinse and repeat . No one has ever said Covid knows the difference .
    ok if you say so....

Seeing as we're discussing funeral restrictions being broken in the midst of a pandemic, maybe you'll clarify why you mentioned "main difference"so - looked to me like you were trying to imply one was ok to ignore restrictions and the other one wasn't - based solely on your judgement of character, I don't think covid gives a shyte though.

I'll not hold my breath though.

What grates on most is the fact that this funeral / March was attended by all of the SF ministers who continuously do and say what they like but will shout from the opposite bench that other people who have done the same should resign and then get their lackies to flood social media pages with posts slating the opposition while they are doing the same. Go on the any local Facebook pages , il give you Finglas talks as an example- all SF posts . They attended the funeral of a dirtbag , he wasn’t even a decent person. That is an issue for most .

If only we had any evidence to prove this is absolute nonsense...............

hang on actually we do. :eek:

Or unless the Shinners were actually calling for the scalps of those who broke funeral regulations (something that is continually ignored here) and also broke lockdown restrictions (also ignored) and I missed it?

Seeing as the funeral in mayo happened a week before Storeys - there surely must be a week's worth of shinner shouting for the scalps of those in attendance.......

I'd stop digging if I were you.

ok if you say so....

Seeing as we're discussing funeral restrictions being broken in the midst of a pandemic, maybe you'll clarify why you mentioned "main difference"so - looked to me like you were trying to imply one was ok to ignore restrictions and the other one wasn't - based solely on your judgement of character, I don't think covid gives a shyte though.

Or unless the Shinners were actually calling for the scalps of those who broke funeral regulations (something that is continually ignored here) and also broke lockdown restrictions (also ignored) and I missed it?

Seeing as the funeral in mayo happened a week before Storeys - there surely must be a week's worth of shinner shouting for the scalps of those in attendance.......

They've created so much propaganda and lies about what happened here (none of which they have addressed) that I think it is fair to say that these democrats are more annoyed by what was said at the funeral than they are to any breaking of social distancing guidelines or threats to health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

They've created so much propaganda and lies about what happened here (none of which they have addressed) that I think it is fair to say that these democrats are more annoyed by what was said at the funeral than they are to any breaking of social distancing guidelines or threats to health.

The fact they set up a sound system in Miltown. Speaks volumes as to what was planned local Cumans from all over Ireland attended this political rally. Like it or not SFA Held a political rally during pandemic while they body of the scumbag they were burying was been incinerated the other side of the city.

piplip87 wrote: »
    The fact they set up a sound system in Miltown. Speaks volumes as to what was planned local Cumans from all over Ireland attended this political rally. Like it or not SFA Held a political rally during pandemic while they body of the scumbag they were burying was been incinerated the other side of the city.

We know that. Those going knew what they were going to. They've had these graveside orations for decades. Nobody but the willfully outraged were conned about 'fake burials' etc

They made a mistake like many others did around funerals. Just a few days before the SDLP had one in Derry that appeared to break guidelines, the State funeral here definitely broke them etc. Funerals are still causing problems as pointed out this morning.

Would SF organise the same again now? Would Oireachtas Golf Society's hold soirees? Would State funeral organisers have learnt?

I think they would and that is fine, it has been a huge learning curve for everyone.

• Advertisement

You did not answer - what you did do was run out of road.

Hospitals and brothels both involve personal intimate contact, Covid doesn't know the difference, but different rules apply.

Same with the difference between a funeral for a criminal thug and the funeral for a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

I don't think any other party has an Army Council pulling the strings. Could be wrong now, not sure about Colombia and Venezuela, two favourite countries of Pearse Doherty.

Given that Colombia has consistently been governed by right wing parties, he probably isn't so keen on the country as a whole.

Pretty sure they wear PPE in hospitals.....really poorly taught out point there chap

What different social distancing/ppe measures were taken at the garda funeral vs storys??

Your free to critise story funeral,but only if yous critise the garda funeral aswell imo

No, you are still missing the point.

The rules allow hospitals to function despite Covid, they allow for State funerals to function despite Covid, but the rules don't allow brothels, house parties or funerals for criminal thugs.

Hospitals and brothels both involve personal intimate contact, Covid doesn't know the difference, but different rules apply.

Same with the difference between a funeral for a criminal thug and the funeral for a Garda.

But, and it is a big BUT. The people there were not at the funeral of 'a criminal thug' they were at the funeral of, in their own words a man committed to the peace process and a huge influence on his own community.

You or I were not forced to go to it but you seem to have an ingrained dictatorial trait that your view of somebody is the only one and more worryingly that it should be the only one in relation to the laws of the country.

They made social distancing mistakes while burying one of their key party members.

No, you are still missing the point.

The rules allow hospitals to function despite Covid, they allow for State funerals to function
    despite Covid, but the rules don't allow brothels, house parties or funerals for criminal thugs.

Lol there's a clause in the covid legislation that makes certain funerals exempt from the restrictions - would you have a link for that blanch, or is this (as I strongly suspect it to be) just made up on the spot auld shyte.?

What rule allows state funeral to function/occur,i read the nephet recommendations and didnt see this anywhere

and how deos the virus differentiate between a state funeral and ordinary one??

Werent the hospiteals pretty much fully shut down only for covid cases and emergency at the time??

Did flanagan and drew harris breach the travel restrictions to attend the garda funeral?

How does the virus differentiate between a hospital and a house party? It doesn't but one is ok and one is not.

The Harris and Flanagan question shows this up. There was no breach of travel restrictions because a State funeral is official business. A funeral of a criminal thug is a different matter.

ok if you say so....

I think it is you who fell at the first hurdle .Do as i say not as i do from SF.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/sinn-fein-accused-of-double-standards-over-tds-comments-on-irish-government-resignations-39467884.html

For someone who claims not to be a SF supporter and only lending them your vote - you are on here fairly sharpish to defend them. So are you happy to lend your vote to a party who made no effort to form a government even though will shout from the roof tops that they are the most popular party in the country and won the last election? Your full of ****e and bluster like the goons you defend.

I think it is you who fell at the first hurdle .Do as i say not as i do from SF.
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/sinn-fein-accused-of-double-standards-over-tds-comments-on-irish-government-resignations-39467884.html

For someone who claims not to be a SF supporter and only lending them your vote - you are on here fairly sharpish to defend them. So are you happy to lend your vote to a party who made no effort to form a government even though will shout from the roof tops that they are the most popular party in the country and won the last election?

I see see what you did there - instead of comparing 2 funerals - you want to compare a funeral with a nights craic in a hotel.

Perfectly logical thing to do, compare two completely different scenarios, if only we had two funerals to compare....

Few hours hammering away at the keyboard into Google and that's the best you could come up with? Pfffft. *Rolleyes emoji*
    Your full of ****e and bluster like the goons you defend.

Charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

How does the virus differentiate between a hospital and a house party? It doesn't but one is ok and one is not.

The Harris and Flanagan question shows this up. There was no breach of travel restrictions because a State funeral is official business. A funeral of a criminal thug is a different matter.

You are discussing with the wrong people.

No idea how anyone can think going to a non-funeral in the middle of a pandemic is ok, or even bother spend days arguing that SF are 100% right to do it.

Just confirms what the party are like when a senior member decides a so called funeral is a place to take selfies.

• Advertisement

I have yet to be at a house party with ppe and face masks,have you?

Except its not offial business,its not listed in nephet recommendations??the whole country was off then,and have read them,why are you lying??

Like seems to me,yous openly admit the virus deosnt differentiate between either funeral and are just making up random sh1te to bluster your way through......(hint the president didnt attend your "state" funeral,kinda sinks that talking point)

if its ok for one funeral,its ok for the other imo (hint,its not ok for either).....fairly simple logic

Yes, it was official business, it was part of Flanagan and Harris' jobs to be there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement