Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Indeed flanagan and harris have qs to answer

Noone is argueing they are right,just highlights hyprocrisy,that garda funeral is ok,but story isnt?

I suggest you read the thread, plenty on here arguing SF where right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I suggest you read the thread, plenty on here arguing SF where right

Quote some. If there's plenty, won't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

McMurphy wrote: »
    I see see what you did there - instead of comparing 2 funerals - you want to compare a funeral with a nights craic in a hotel.

Perfectly logical thing to do, compare two completely different scenarios, if only we had two funerals to compare....

Few hours hammering away at the keyboard into Google and that's the best you could come up with? Pfffft. *Rolleyes emoji*

Charming.
    Well just resorting to what you do in every post . Jump in abuse people and twist what they say. Sorry but i wouldn't have hours unlike you and your mates to scourer the internet to justify the Knackers you defend, i just sat down for my lunch and that is the first story that pops up , but im sure you know that as your never off it.As always you side step the question in the post and get all shouty in your replies to try distract from not actually answering anything in the post . Common SF tactic. Oh then report the posts that you dont like.

I have yet to be at a house party with ppe and face masks,have you?

Except its not offial business,its not listed in nephet recommendations??the whole country was off then,and have read them,why are you lying??

Like seems to me,yous openly admit the virus deosnt differentiate between either funeral and are just making up random sh1te to bluster your way through......(hint the president didnt attend your "state" funeral,kinda sinks that talking point)

if its ok for one funeral,its ok for the other imo (hint,its not ok for either).....fairly simple logic

It was a state funeral.

The show up North was not. Huge difference. No idea why you even need this explained. One lad went around killing people, the other tried to protect the people of Ireland and got killed while doing it.

Baffling this has to be explained to what I think are grown adults.

Just because you support a political party doesn't mean you can't question some of their decision.

Well just resorting to what you do in every post . Jump in abuse people and twist what they say. Sorry but i wouldn't have hours unlike you and your mates to scourer the internet to justify the Knackers you defend, i just sat down for my lunch and that is the first story that pops up , but im sure you know that as your never off it.As always you side step the question in the post and get all shouty in your replies to try distract from not actually answering anything in the post . Common SF tactic. Oh then report the posts that you dont like.

Quote me "abusing" anyone please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Quote me "abusing" anyone please.

It would save me a fair bit of time if you could be a good chap and just repost the majority of your posts across the threads defending SF .You Still haven’t answered the question.

It was a state funeral.

The show up North was not. Huge difference. No idea why you even need this explained. One lad went around killing people, the other tried to protect the people of Ireland and got killed while doing it.

Baffling this has to be explained to what I think are grown adults.

Just because you support a political party doesn't mean you can't question some of their decision.

Except it wasnt listed as exempt by nephet....like we have all read the recommendations??

The character of the person being buried,isnt differenitated by the cornavirus is it??

Quite how you have convinced yourself "state" funerals are exempt from restrictions is beyond me.....if this was the case and offial business wasnt covered by nephet restrictions....why is the dail renting the convention centre for votes of confidence??

Except it wasnt listed as exempt by nephet....like we have all read the recommendations??

The character of the person being buried,isnt differenitated by the cornavirus is it??

Quite how you have convinced yourself "state" funerals are exempt from restrictions is beyond me.....if this was the case and offial business wasnt covered by nephet....why is the dail renting the convention centre for votes of confidence??

You keep telling yourself that.

It would save me a fair bit of time if you could be a good chap and just repost the majority of your posts across the threads defending SF .

Hang on a minute here bud, you're accusing me of "abusing" folk then refusing to back that accusation up - and ironically then get started in personally abusing me in the same posts. Are you for real?

You Still haven’t answered the question.

What question? All you've been at since last night is lobbing muck at a wall, but none sticking.

Called your nonsense out - that's about it really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I have yet to be at a house party with ppe and face masks,have you?

Except its not offial business,its not listed in nephet recommendations??the whole country was off then,and have read them,why are you lying??

o I don't know the dissident scum that claim to support are fairly well known for hiding their faces even pre pandemic

you think they should have predicted the murder of a Garda and written it into the regs ?

of course a state funeral is official business :confused:

• Advertisement

Its the truth mate.

your talking point,deosnt stand upto.scrutiny,nor is it factually correct

It's not the truth.

You think my point doesn't stand up and to be honest I take that as a compliment. You and others on here might not have the capacity to question the actions of SF, hate to tell you everyone else can. The same way they can question FF/FG/all parties.

Even SF said it was wrong yet you lot on here are arguing it was right. How stupid is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's not the truth.

You think my point doesn't stand up and to be honest I take that as a compliment. You and others on here might not have the capacity to question the actions of SF, hate to tell you everyone else can. The same way they can question FF/FG/all parties.

Even SF said it was wrong yet you lot on here are arguing it was right. How stupid is that?

Who has said it was right? SF made social distancing mistakes just like the ones made elsewhere by the State funeral and at an SDLP one a week or so earlier.

Who has said it was right? SF made social distancing mistakes just like the ones made elsewhere by the State funeral and at an SDLP one a week or so earlier.

So it wasn't SF fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So it wasn't SF fault?

Who sad that either?

They made mistakes like a lot of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Noone is argueing they are right,just highlights hyprocrisy,that garda funeral is ok,but story isnt?

Then we are all agreed that the Storey funeral was wrong, and that O'Neill, like Calleary, should resign for the breach of regulations.

Unless, somehow, you are arguing that because it is Sinn Fein, it is less wrong?

Quite how you have convinced yourself "state" funerals are exempt from restrictions is beyond me.....if this was the case and offial business wasnt covered by nephet restrictions....why is the dail renting the convention centre for votes of confidence??

A state funeral is official government business - it is exempt.

It's not the truth.

You see what really hurts is that an official State funeral - government business in effect - is of a higher status than an "official" SF funeral.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You see what really hurts is that an official State funeral - government business in effect - is of a higher status than an "official" SF funeral.

Im well aware of that,only a SF supporter would try to argue a funeral for a Garda killed on duty is on a par with some murdering individual up the North. A description of him was "A repeat murderer, with a penchant for cutting people's throats"

In my opinion anyone that went to the funeral at all has something wrong with themselves mentally. But then again you have someone taking a selfie at the "funeral" so I am right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

A state funeral is official government business - it is exempt.

Did you get a letter off Mr. Covid himself?
    We've lads telling us the latest government scandal is old news but lads still harping on about one funeral while ignoring another, hypocrisy is unaffected by Covid number 19 it seems.
    Im well aware of that,only a SF supporter would try to argue a funeral for a Garda killed on duty is on a par with some murdering individual up the North. A description of him was "A repeat murderer, with a penchant for cutting people's throats"

In my opinion anyone that went to the funeral at all has something wrong with themselves mentally. But then again you have someone taking a selfie at the "funeral" so I am right

You are mistaking comparing the funerals to comparing the men, which nobody, not even the 'how low can you go' FG brethren have stooped to...until your comment of course, (plus another false claim a few days ago).
    All parties were wrong, IMO, nobody should resign over it not even Calleary and Flan the tan man. This story is so done lads.

Bowie wrote: »

You are mistaking comparing the funerals to comparing the men, which nobody, not even the 'how low can you go' FG brethren have stooped to...until your comment of course, (plus another false claim a few days ago).
    All parties were wrong, IMO, nobody should resign over it not even Calleary and Flan the tan man. This story is so done lads.

That's a new logic, let's explore this. So you think a Garda killed while working to protect the public should get the same funeral and respect in death as some murderer who liked to slit people throats?

• Advertisement

That's a new logic, let's explore this. So you think a Garda killed while working to protect the public should get the same funeral and respect in death as some murderer who liked to slit people throats?

Both funeral arrangements flouted Covid recommendations and were a bad idea. Here endeth the lesson.
    You trying to make this about comparing the two men, which nobody has done, is pretty low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Both funeral arrangements flouted Covid recommendations and were a bad idea. Here endeth the lesson.
    You trying to make this about comparing the two men, which nobody has done, is pretty low.

Do you think Bobby Storey was a good man? Would you have let him mind your kids?

Did you get a letter off Mr. Covid himself?
    We've lads telling us the latest government scandal is old news but lads still harping on about one funeral while ignoring another, hypocrisy is unaffected by Covid number 19 it seems.

We also have lads who equate the fake funeral of a loathed criminal thug with the State funeral of a Garda killing in the line of duty for his country.

Of course, Covid doesn't know the difference, but people should. In the same way, people know the difference between a hospital and a brothel and between a school and a good republican's smuggling operation.

That is so wrong, so wrong. You don't appear to have a clue about State funerals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_funeral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_state_funerals

There have only been 45 State funerals since the State was founded.

The Storey funeral was about as far away from the concept of a State funeral that you can go.

No. One was a state funeral for a man who served the Irish people. I cannot see how you can't grasp the difference.

That is so wrong, so wrong. You don't appear to have a clue about State funerals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_funeral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_state_funerals

There have only been 45 State funerals since the State was founded.

The Storey funeral was about as far away from the concept of a State funeral that you can go.

This is getting tiresome now blanch, you now have moved to hide behind some other irrelevant waffle that no-one else was mentioning.

It doesn't matter that Garda Horkans funeral was a state funeral, there was still covid 19 restrictions in place that mourners could be witnessed ignoring.

That is the point, no-one else has been using anyone's funeral to stoop to the level of yourself and a few of your fellow travellers have been by using it as a political football.

We also have lads who equate the fake funeral of a loathed criminal thug with the State funeral of a Garda killing in the line of duty for his country.

Of course, Covid doesn't know the difference, but people should. In the same way, people know the difference between a hospital and a brothel and between a school and a good republican's smuggling operation.

Well the real sad issue here is the Storey funeral was rightly criticised because of the manner in which it took place during Covid, but in an effort to make more of it than it was, prolong it, while ignoring a similar funeral because it wasn't SF affiliated, (even though a shinner went) we now have desperate people using the length of the oration, I kid you not, and suggesting people are comparing Garda Horkan and Storey, which has had not happened.

Both funerals were a bad idea because of the Covid advice and restrictions in place. That's all there is to be said really.

No. One was a state funeral for a man who served the Irish people. I cannot see how you can't grasp the difference.

There was none.
    Covid number 19 nor the restrictions take the men into account. And on this topic, who they were doesn't come into it. Really bad form to persist in making it about the men themselves IMO.
    If you want to rant about Storey have at it by all means, maybe not sure how relevant it would be in 'Current Affairs'.

Well the real sad issue here is the Storey funeral was rightly criticised because of the manner in which it took place during Covid, but in an effort to make more of it than it was, prolong it, while ignoring a similar funeral because it wasn't SF affiliated, (even though a shinner went) we now have desperate people using the length of the oration, I kid you not, and suggesting people are comparing Garda Horkan and Storey, which has had not happened.

Both funerals were a bad idea because of the Covid advice and restrictions in place. That's all there is to be said really.

One was a state funeral. The other wasn't, in fact it wasn't a funeral at all.

Anything after that is spin from SF and supporters.

• Advertisement

This is getting tiresome now blanch, you now have moved to hide behind some other irrelevant waffle that no-one else was mentioning.

It doesn't matter that Garda Horkans funeral was a state funeral, there was still covid 19 restrictions in place that mourners could be witnessed ignoring.

That is the point, no-one else has been using anyone's funeral to stoop to the level of yourself and a few of your fellow travellers have been by using it as a political football.

One was an official State funeral, the other was a fake funeral, they are galaxies apart in status. I know some people try not to recognise the legitimacy of the State but it is ridiculous to say that they are the same.

It is a sad attempt to defend Sinn Fein.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement