Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

One was a state funeral. The other wasn't, in fact it wasn't a funeral at all.

Anything after that is spin from SF and supporters.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    One was an official State funeral, the other was a fake funeral, they are galaxies apart in status. I know some people try not to recognise the legitimacy of the State but it is ridiculous to say that they are the same.

It is a sad attempt to defend Sinn Fein.

Can you please show us a source that says it is A-Ok for the HSEs covid 19 social distancing regulations to be ignored at state funerals please.

Why yourself and blanch think that's relevant, I have absolutely no idea tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you please show us a source that says it is A-Ok for the HSEs covid 19 social distancing regulations to be ignored at state funerals please.

Why yourself and blanch think that's relevant, I have absolutely no idea tbh.

At all times the regulations allowed essential State business to proceed. A State funeral is a rare official event, only 10 this century, only 45 in all. It is clear that some people don't realise the significance of a State funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

One was a state funeral. The other wasn't, in fact it wasn't a funeral at all.

Anything after that is spin from SF and supporters.

It 'wasn't a funeral' isn't spin? :)

Do you know what you are arguing about at this stage? It was about so many people congregating during covid restrictions and how it was bad form and politicians should know better, at both funerals. The rest is nonsense, desperate nonsense.

One was an official State funeral, the other was a fake funeral, they are galaxies apart in status. I know some people try not to recognise the legitimacy of the State but it is ridiculous to say that they are the same.

It is a sad attempt to defend Sinn Fein.

Makes zero difference.
    It wasn't fake, sure isn't it the funeral you have issue with? If it was fake then what's your problem with people walking about the place under their own volition?

All you are doing here is trying to smear one funeral while excusing another. Poor.

Who's defending SF? I'm not. Was bad form, said it many months ago, at the time.
    Desperate to be still dragging this along.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    Makes zero difference.
    It wasn't fake, sure isn't it the funeral you have issue with? If it was fake then what's your problem with people walking about the place under their own volition?

All you are doing here is trying to smear one funeral while excusing another. Poor.

Who's defending SF? I'm not. Was bad form, said it many months ago, at the time.

Not poor dude, you need to stop digging.

You are way off the mark and you know it.

• Advertisement

At all times the regulations allowed essential State business to proceed. A State funeral is a rare official event, only 10 this century, only 45 in all. It is clear that some people don't realise the significance of a State funeral.

Give over and answer the question asked, not some answer to a question no-one asked.

I'll ask again, can you please give a source that said mourners at Garda Horkans funeral were permitted to flout the HSE guidelines ref social distancing?

Give over and answer the question asked, not some answer to a question no-one asked.

I'll ask again, can you please give a source that said mourners at Garda Horkans funeral were permitted to flout the HSE guidelines ref social distancing?

He will of course....
    Yes I produce actual data from verified reports to back up my opinions, thanks for acknowledging that.

Anecdotes or personal experiences or personal opinions don't stand up when the facts as presented in official verified reports disagree.

:)

He will of course....

Funnily enough a 2 second Google and there's a myriad of sources reminding folk of the covid restrictions in place.

Blanch just had more of his nonsense dismantled. He's been having a bad few days on here.

The streets of his hometown of Castletown in Mayo are expected to be lined with mourners paying their respects, with many unable to enter the church due to social distancing and other COVID-19 restrictions in place

So we are to assume,their is no nephet recommendation for state funerals to ignore regulations?

I see the significance....but i also see someone who isnt able to grasp the fact the coronavirus wont differentiate between different types of funerals and wants to ignore science to suit themself

NPHET recommends, Government decides.

The Government decided to give a State funeral to the Garda.

That is pretty clear to me.

He will of course....

Here it is again, an explanation for you of State funerals.
    That is so wrong, so wrong. You don't appear to have a clue about State funerals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_funeral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_state_funerals

There have only been 45 State funerals since the State was founded.

The Storey funeral was about as far away from the concept of a State funeral that you can go.

• Advertisement

We know what a state funeral is, and the significance of same.

However you were going to show us how mourners at thst funeral were exempt from the covid guidelines in place by the HSE at the time?

I'll help you, they weren't and you need to admit that the social distancing guidelines don't get to be ignored because you have now been reduced to trying to use this complete fabrication as a "fact" as your last rock to cling to.

Do you think I said the Storey funeral was a state funeral? You're arguing against a claim I don't think anyone made, while dodging the question put to you.

We know what a state funeral is, and the significance of same.

However you were going to show us how mourners at thst funeral were exempt from the covid guidelines in place by the HSE at the time?

I'll help you, they weren't and you need to admit that the social distancing guidelines don't get to be ignored because you have now been reduced to trying to use this complete fabrication as a "fact" as your last rock to cling to.

Let's be clear, I wasn't going to show you anything, that is a fabrication of your making.

The recent posts from yourself and Bowie have been about distraction, distraction from the failure of Michelle O'Neill to follow the example of Dara Calleary and resign. Distraction from the fake funeral of Bobby Storey and the disgrace that is was. Distraction once again from the wrongs of Sinn Fein.

I am not going there. The question was whether there was a difference between the two funerals, I said there was, I have shown with links how important and rare a State funeral is compared to the funeral of a loathed criminal thug.

That can't be just dismissed - it is the crux of the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

This whole funerals comparison is distasteful
    Both shouldn't have happened in the way they did
    A dead person is a dead person, their families and friends are their family and friends
    There's no higher order there
    Whoever thought a state funeral for Garda Horkan should have been held in a pandemic was mad and deluded
    I'm going to say the same for the extent of Bobby Storey's funeral
    All families would gain a heck of a lot from a celebration of their loved ones life in 6 or 8 months time and have that to look forward to
    There was a wake in Donegal recently that I know of,where over a 100 turned up at the house :eek:
    And we wonder why this area has a persistently high rate ?
    I've just given up going to funerals
    Too dangerous

Nobotty wrote: »
    This whole funerals comparison is distasteful
    Both shouldn't have happened in the way they did
    A dead person is a dead person, their families and friends are their family and friends
    There's no higher order there
    Whoever thought a state funeral for Garda Horkan should have been held in a pandemic was mad and deluded
    I'm going to say the same for the extent of Bobby Storey's funeral
    All families would gain a heck of a lot from a celebration of their loved ones life in 6 or 8 months time and have that to look forward to
    There was a wake in Donegal recently that I know of,where over a 100 turned up at the house :eek:
    And we wonder why this area has a persistently high rate ?
    I've just given up going to funerals
    Too dangerous

The difference is that in one case a democratically elected government decided a State funeral should take place, and in the other, an unelected cabal of criminals decided Storey should be eulogised in a political rally disguised in the finery of a fake funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The difference is that in one case a democratically elected government decided a State funeral should take place, and in the other, an unelected cabal of criminals decided Storey should be eulogised in a political rally disguised in the finery of a fake funeral.

Govt broke the Covid protocols regarding funerals as did the Shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Govt broke the Covid protocols regarding funerals as did the Shinners.

And after all the latest attempts that is where we still are.

Let's be clear, I wasn't going to show you anything, that is a fabrication of your making.

The recent posts from yourself and Bowie have been about distraction, distraction from the failure of Michelle O'Neill to follow the example of Dara Calleary and resign. Distraction from the fake funeral of Bobby Storey and the disgrace that is was. Distraction once again from the wrongs of Sinn Fein.

I am not going there. The question was whether there was a difference between the two funerals, I said there was, I have shown with links how important and rare a State funeral is compared to the funeral of a loathed criminal thug.

That can't be just dismissed - it is the crux of the matter.

This is made up stuff.
    What distraction? They were all wrong. Been said time and again.
    Calleary did not resign over attending Horkan's funeral, nor should he have IMO.
    You stated the state funeral was okay despite covid restrictions while the storey one wasn't, based on what turns out to be nothing. Now you are trying to suggest we asked what a state funeral was.
    You are throwing up all sorts here.
    The crux of the matter is as regards covid, both funerals were the same issue. Thats it.
    Its dead a buried Blanch, move on.

No its not. There was no difference. It was about people congregating during covid.
    The rest is just your dislike for SF, which is cool and all but irrelevant.

No its not. There was no difference. It was about people congregating during covid.
    The rest is just your dislike for SF, which is cool and all but irrelevant.

There was a huge difference dude... and you know it

And I won’t go down a rabbit hole defending that.

Time to stop dancing on the pin, padre.

• Advertisement

There was a huge difference dude... and you know it

And I won’t go down a rabbit hole defending that.

Time to stop dancing on the pin, padre.

There was no difference to the people at the funerals Brendi,

What you thought of the person is immaterial here.

There was no difference to the people at the funerals Brendi,

What you thought of the person is immaterial here.

Kinda puts you you where I thought you might be, Francie.

Someone who can’t see the wood from the trees.

Kinda puts you you where I thought you might be, Francie.

Someone who can’t see the wood from the trees.

Take the 'opinions' of the man or the political party out of this and what are we left Brendi.

People ignoring social distancing guidelines at a funeral.

Take the 'opinions' of the man or the political party out of this and what are we left Brendi.

People ignoring social distancing guidelines at a funeral.

Take the reality out Francie, and it’s totally different.

And you know it ;)

Take the reality out Francie, and it’s totally different.

And you know it ;)

Like 'fake burials'? That kinda reality?

Totally different from what BTW?

We are talking about breaking or ignoring Covid regulations. Nobody that I am aware of got dispensations to do that. If you can link to them in respect of a number of other funerals, please do and let's keep it 'real'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

joemurt wrote: »
    The reason why Fine Gougers will never drop the disgusting funeral attack line is so no-one ever holds Varadkar to account for his actions during this pandemic.

Going down to a crowded park to get pissed with his mates a week or two after his PR campaign dressed up as a doctor ''LeAdInG tHe nAtIOnS fIghT'' at the beginning of this crisis was the most irresponsible message anyone could have done while medical institutes were being over run with covid etc.

And this is what Varadkar did. House parties, piss ups in towns and people taking off on holidays is what brought the second wave. Not people paying their respects, no matter how big or small a funeral was.

Its an appalling smear against all people who had to grieve over the past year and it will come back to bite those low lives weaponizing it.

All created by the Taoiseach, his advisers and his narcissism.

Varadkar throws everybody under the bus so he doesn't have to put his hand up and take responsibility for his behaviour time and again. Sociopath.

I'm sure Elisha McCallion is checking herself for tyre marks with all this talk of people being thrown under buses.

It was laughable to hear Pearse Doherty go on about Maitiu O'Tuathaill about his Leo's BFF and then throwing him under the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

That has no bearing on the shouldn't part AT ALL
    The government shouldn't have done it
    Full Stop
    Their optics nerve was shot and their moral one

Nobotty wrote: »
    That has no bearing on the shouldn't part AT ALL
    The government shouldn't have done it
    Full Stop
    Their optics nerve was shot and their moral one

The 'fake funeral' lie has to be held on to here to keep the outrage going.

The 'fake funeral' lie has to be held on to here to keep the outrage going.

It was a fake funeral. Going to the cemetery for a graveside oration, when there was no grave.

Pathetic posturing at best.

• Advertisement

This is made up stuff.
    What distraction? They were all wrong. Been said time and again.
    Calleary did not resign over attending Horkan's funeral, nor should he have IMO.
    You stated the state funeral was okay despite covid restrictions while the storey one wasn't, based on what turns out to be nothing. Now you are trying to suggest we asked what a state funeral was.
    You are throwing up all sorts here.
    The crux of the matter is as regards covid, both funerals were the same issue. Thats it.
    Its dead a buried Blanch, move on.

Both funerals were not the same.

You cannot counter this point, so you distract and equivocate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement