Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    It was a fake funeral. Going to the cemetery for a graveside oration, when there was no grave.

Pathetic posturing at best.

As everybody there knew was to happen, as the PSNI knew would happen.

Face it blanch you got sold a bit of propaganda and you are still cheerfully depending on it to try and make this more than what it is.

It's understandable and not unexpected from this quarter.

Both funerals were not the same.

The difference is that in one case a democratically elected government decided a State funeral should take place, and in the other, an unelected cabal of criminals decided Storey should be eulogised in a political rally disguised in the finery of a fake funeral.

You cannot counter this point, so you distract and equivocate.

Can you point to the exemption give to the state funeral please that made it 'different' to other funerals in the context of Covid regulations?

You cannot, so you lie and invent notions of a 'fake funeral'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can you point to the exemption give to the state funeral please that made it 'different' to other funerals in the context of Covid regulations?

You cannot, so you lie and invent notions of a 'fake funeral'.

It's about time this nonsense was put to bed.

Another lie - dismantled.

President to hold memorial service to mark funeral of Detective Garda Colm Horkan’s funeral
    While there will be a State funeral for Garda Horkan, because of social distancing and other COVID-19 restrictions many people are prevented from travelling to the service.

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's about time this nonsense was put to bed.

Another lie - dismantled.

President to hold memorial service to mark funeral of Detective Garda Colm Horkan’s funeral

It's just lie after lie with these guys. Both funeral and the SDLP funeral a week or two before had restrictions and rules.

All three ignored them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It's just lie after lie with these guys. Both funeral and the SDLP funeral a week or two before had restrictions and rules.

All three ignored them.

There was a huge difference between the Storey funeral and the Hume funeral.

The Hume family showed Sinn Fein how to bury a man with dignity.

Sinn Fein Republican funerals are up there with some Orange Order marches for pompous and blatant displays of sectarianism and division. Time they changed their approach.

• Advertisement

There was a huge difference between the Storey funeral and the Hume funeral.

The Hume family showed Sinn Fein how to bury a man with dignity.

Sinn Fein Republican funerals are up there with some Orange Order marches for pompous and blatant displays of sectarianism and division. Time they changed their approach.

I wasn't referring to the Hume funeral.

Again, I have no interest, and never had in dictating how anyone buries their dead or ndeed how anyone remembers their dead as long as it is done in a respectful way.

I respect everyone's right to do that within the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Quote me "abusing" anyone please.

I would, except the post was deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

All three ignored them.

There's a difference between a Funeral and a political rally though.
    And Storeys funeral was turned into a political rally.
    That's the difference between the funerals, and no amount of deflection will change that.

There's a difference between a Funeral and a political rally though.
    And Storeys funeral was turned into a political rally.
    That's the difference between the funerals, and no amount of deflection will change that.

It was turned into the traditional graveside oration given to many before him.

John Hume received the same, as do many politicians and party activists orations paying tribute to him and his work. Were they 'political'?

There has emerged over all this a very dictatorial slant. Seems some party activists here want to dictate how people are buried and celebrated by their own.
    Nobody demanded you listen to the orations (I didn't) so the 'political rally' stuff is more nonsense.

John Hume received the same, as do many politicians and party activists orations paying tribute to him and his work. Were they 'political'?

There has emerged over all this a very dictatorial slant. Seems some party activists here want to dictate how people are buried and celebrated by their own.
    Nobody demanded you listen to the orations (I didn't) so the 'political rally' stuff is more nonsense.

Funny that, some people want to dictate where people walk and march and celebrate their own.

Republicans don't like the sauce when it is served to them.

• Advertisement

Funny that, some people want to dictate where people walk and march and celebrate their own.

Republicans don't like the sauce when it is served to them.

Which bit of 'as long as it is done with 'respect'' don't you get blanch?

Which bit of 'as long as it is done with 'respect'' don't you get blanch?

You are goalpost moving again, no mention of a need for respect in your posts.

There are traditional routes which the Orange Order walks and marches to celebrate their own, and you want the authorities to dictate to them how they celebrate their own (and I agree with you, by the way), but dare anyone tell republicans what they can do.

The hypocrisy is obvious to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    I would, except the post was deleted.

Deleted it, or photoshopped it away?

You are goalpost moving again, no mention of a need for respect in your posts.

Except when you choose to ignore again what was said.
    Again, I have no interest, and never had in dictating how anyone buries their dead or ndeed how anyone remembers their dead as long as it is done in a respectful way.

I respect everyone's right to do that within the law.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115320219&postcount=4755
    [There are traditional routes which the Orange Order walks and marches to celebrate their own, and you want the authorities to dictate to them how they celebrate their own (and I agree with you, by the way), but dare anyone tell republicans what they can do.

The hypocrisy is obvious to all.

It wasn't me who had to set up a Parades Commission to ensure respectful marches took place.

Again, as often said here, I have no issue with respectful remembrance or celebration.

Do it to taunt or disrespect and I will object to it.

Again, as often said here, I have no issue with respectful remembrance or celebration.

Do it to taunt or disrespect and I will object to it.

There was nothing more disrespectful than the Storey fake funeral in the middle of the pandemic. When other families were denied their rights on the same day, it was as provocative as any taunting could be.

Yet you defend it.

There was nothing more disrespectful than the Storey fake funeral in the middle of the pandemic. When other families were denied their rights on the same day, it was as provocative as any taunting could be.

Yet you defend it.

No blanch, I didn't 'defend it' for a second.
    SF got it wrong, they made a mistake.

What we are debating here is what they got wrong...and it wasn't a 'fake funeral' or a 'coffin without a body'.

As far as we know, it was issues they got wrong about social distancing and allowing crowds to gather.

I don't care how people choose to bury their dead as long as it is respectful. And neither do you as I will bet you cannot find a comment of yours on any other funeral SF have given an oration at. They have been doing it this way for years.

It is abundantly transparent now that you guys have to lie and keep lying to have keep the outrage going about mistakes many have made. I.E. it is just politcal opportunism over a funeral.
    Something anyone could have done with Garda Horkan's funeral if they had the appalling lack of empathy and respect for the dead you guys keep displaying whether it be for a victim of the conflict or a player in the conflict. All are fair game if you can get SF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

traditional grave side oration

there you go again trying to usurp the legit traditions of genuine political republicans and attach them to a criminal organisation that used its name .

you also called him a player in a conflict ?

he was a psychotic criminal scumbag don't be painting him as something he wasn't

mynamejeff wrote: »

there you go again trying to usurp the legit traditions of genuine political republicans and attach them to a criminal organisation that used its name .

he was a psychotic criminal scumbag don't be painting him as something he wasn't

:D

We can all engage in amateur phycology. Seems to me he was well thought of in his community.

If you require totalitarian controls on how people choose to bury their dead, or bury people you don't like politically or otherwise, better be up front about it and try to legislate?
    Otherwise, just don't tune in to these things or don't go.

We can all engage in amateur phycology. Seems to me he was well thought of in his community.

If you require totalitarian controls on how people choose to bury their dead, or bury people you don't like politically or otherwise, better be up front about it and try to legislate?

id suggest large scale propaganda like that is far from amateur , being thought of well by the party leadership isnt the same either , no doubt some of the awful crimes he committed were on the direct orders of some of those same party leaders.

why would you think I would "tune" into or go to such a theft of genuine Irish heritage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Yet you defend it.

Fake funeral? Can you clarify?

• Advertisement

id suggest large scale propaganda like that is far from amateur , being thought of well by the party leadership isnt the same either , no doubt some of the awful crimes he committed were on the direct orders of some of those same party leaders.

why would you think I would "tune" into or go to such a theft of genuine Irish heritage ?

If you wish to dictate what happens at funerals, please present some totalitarian solution.

Otherwise, tough.
    I don't comment on what other political parties do at the burial of their dead.

I respect the dead, and I respect that others have different political views. Protesting those views at or after a funeral would be obscene in my book.

I also voted for the GFA which was an agreement that halted a long running conflict/war in which there was many awful things done by all sides. In voting for that agreement I agreed that all could take part in our democracy, that includes those who were combatants.

I have to respect people's efforts to see that agreement work...on all sides.

Unfortunately the IRA were not funded by tax revenue like the other side of the conflict.

They resorted to criminality to fund their defense when the state disregarded the Irish constitution and abandoned them to the terrorists. Would have kept the crime figures down if the government just did the same as Britain. Signed the cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

So was there a burial ceremony or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

joemurt wrote: »
    Fake funeral? Can you clarify?

Do they mean he isn't dead? his family will be pleased.

joeguevara wrote: »

Given the controls Jeff would like to have in society does it matter what people choose to do? Cremate or bury? You will do it how he likes, you will not utter a political view he does not agree with. Jeff owns your history and heritage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

joeguevara wrote: »

Burial is just the way of disposing of the corpse, same as Cremation. The funeral however is a way of remembering, celebrating and honouring the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Burial is just the way of disposing of the corpse, same as Cremation. The funeral however is a way of remembering, celebrating and honouring the deceased.

Well the bolded part did mention ‘how to bury’ so don’t think it had anything to do with with the funeral part.

Do they mean he isn't dead? his family will be pleased.

Would not surprise me tbh. Posts some mad theories from the lodge.

joemurt wrote: »
    Unfortunately the IRA were not funded by tax revenue like the other side of the conflict.

They resorted to criminality to fund their defense when the state disregarded the Irish constitution and abandoned them to the terrorists. Would have kept the crime figures down if the government just did the same as Britain. Signed the cheque.

do you really want to reopen that can of worms ? bank robberies taxing drug dealers protection rackets of normal businesses owners prostitution drug dealing , exploiting mentally ill people for their cash , smuggling any thing of value exporting terrorism for profit to south America

not to mention the wages sf/ira took from Dublin and London governments for not actually doing their jobs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Both funerals were not the same.

The difference is that in one case a democratically elected government decided a State funeral should take place, and in the other, an unelected cabal of criminals decided Storey should be eulogised in a political rally disguised in the finery of a fake funeral.

You cannot counter this point, so you distract and equivocate.

You know well this is about flouting recommendations and regulations during Covid. In that context both funerals were exactly the same regardless of the men buried.
    Anytime anyone gets cremated there's often a church service, a trip to the graveyard and another service at the graveyard, where the body is cremated. These are common practice. Calling these 'fake funeral(s)' repeatedly is very blinkered, ignorant of how funerals happen, distasteful, disrespectful and Trump like.

You are the one trying to distract. I answer your claims head on. Both funerals were exactly the same as regards Covid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement