Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Bowie wrote: »
    You know well this is about flouting recommendations and regulations during Covid. In that context both funerals were exactly the same regardless of the men buried.
    Anytime anyone gets cremated there's often a church service, a trip to the graveyard and another service at the graveyard, where the body is cremated. These are common practice. Calling these 'fake funeral(s)' repeatedly is very blinkered, ignorant of how funerals happen, distasteful, disrespectful and Trump like.

You are the one trying to distract. I answer your claims head on. Both funerals were exactly the same as regards Covid.

id say its more about a quasi political organisation of criminals and terrorists trying to do whatever they want because they believe that the established governments aren't prepared to confront them

• Registered Users Posts: 68,993 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mynamejeff wrote: »
    id say its more about a quasi political organisation of criminals and terrorists trying to do whatever they want because they believe that the established governments aren't prepared to confront them

So where is all the outrage and complaint about funerals like this that have been going on for decades?

You guys saw the opportunity for some political capital is what happened here.

To keep it front and centre you have had to lie and lie again about what actually happened at a funeral.

It's called 'using' something to political advantage. In this case a dead man and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,961 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

joemurt wrote: »
    Unfortunately the IRA were not funded by tax revenue like the other side of the conflict.

They resorted to criminality to fund their defense when the state disregarded the Irish constitution and abandoned them to the terrorists. Would have kept the crime figures down if the government just did the same as Britain. Signed the cheque.

Glad to see an admittance of basic criminality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well Jif, you just sidestepped my entire comment to have a dig at the 'RA, not sure why you bothered quoting me.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Glad to see an admittance of basic criminality.

They robbed banks and the like. Did you not know this?

• Advertisement

So where is all the outrage and complaint about funerals like this that have been going on for decades?

To keep it front and centre you have had to lie and lie again about what actually happened at a funeral.

It's called 'using' something to political advantage. In this case a dead man and his family.

They ran out of road on their hypocrisy of the two funerals now it's back to the 'RA etc. Poor. Very Trump, Republican stink off the FG online agenda since Varadkar took over, Use to be the odd 'whingers' remark now it's pretty low brow using the dead and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

You are goalpost moving again, no mention of a need for respect in your posts.

There are traditional routes which the Orange Order walks and marches to celebrate their own, and you want the authorities to dictate to them how they celebrate their own (and I agree with you, by the way), but dare anyone tell republicans what they can do.

The hypocrisy is obvious to all.

You might have a point if Sinn Fein were insisting on having the graveside oration on the Sandy Row (or in shared cemetaries), not in a Republican Plot in West Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They ran out of road on their hypocrisy of the two funerals now it's back to the 'RA etc. Poor. Very Trump, Republican stink off the FG online agenda since Varadkar took over, Use to be the odd 'whingers' remark now it's pretty low brow using the dead and their families.

Possibly the last sting of a dying wasp after Una Mullally gutting them yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

How many people have died because of the outbreak of Covid? if no pandemic nobody would give a c**p about it. Not sure how you don't understand that bit.

The main issue is a political party, in the middle of a pandemic decided to go en mass to another country for no reason other than a rally. Risking the lives of millions in Ireland.

The only one using the event for political advantage was SF who ran it as a propaganda event, why else would they think it is ok to take a selfie?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

How many people have died because of the outbreak of Covid? if no pandemic nobody would give a c**p about it. Not sure how you don't understand that bit.

The main issue is a political party, in the middle of a pandemic decided to go en mass to another country for no reason other than a rally. Risking the lives of millions in Ireland.

The only one using the event for political advantage was SF who ran it as a propaganda event, why else would they think it is ok to take a selfie?

Says it all really :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think you'll find they went to a funeral, just like many funerals before this one. Again, did the orations at John Hume's funeral make that a political rally as well?

BTW I'm fully aware from the get go that they made mistakes with this funeral, which was why I criticised it from...the get go.

Coz you have never heard anyone raise issue with masked men firing funs over the grave over some terrorist ? the paramilitary uniforms the usurping of legit traditions ?

your slipping again

You know well this is about flouting recommendations and regulations during Covid. In that context both funerals were exactly the same regardless of the men buried.
    Anytime anyone gets cremated there's often a church service, a trip to the graveyard and another service at the graveyard, where the body is cremated. These are common practice. Calling these 'fake funeral(s)' repeatedly is very blinkered, ignorant of how funerals happen, distasteful, disrespectful and Trump like.

You are the one trying to distract. I answer your claims head on. Both funerals were exactly the same as regards Covid.

I have never heard of any other funeral going to the wrong graveyard for a cremation.

It was a fake funeral - the man wasn't buried in the graveyard where he was taken, and he wasn't cremated there either.

The Trumpian defence of Sinn Fein continues.

Nailed it.

Well Jif, you just sidestepped my entire comment to have a dig at the 'RA, not sure why you bothered quoting me.

never called it a fake funeral , propaganda event yes fake no ,

your confusing me with another poster AGAIN matt

Coz you have never heard anyone raise issue with masked men firing funs over the grave over some terrorist ? the paramilitary uniforms the usurping of legit traditions ?

your slipping again

Where have you or any of the suddenly outraged here complained about these things Jeff? All you have to do is link to it.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Says it all really :rolleyes:

In case you didn't realise it Northern Ireland is a different country. They had a different strategy to covid etc. Or are you saying it isn't?

I think you'll find they went to a funeral, just like many funerals before this one. Again, did the orations at John Hume's funeral make that a political rally as well?

BTW I'm fully aware from the get go that they made mistakes with this funeral, which was why I criticised it from...the get go.

Did you see anyone at John Hume's funeral taking selfies? I didn't....

Question, have you ever seen anyone take a selfies at a funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    Deleted it, or photoshopped it away?

As you were the one who put the post up, you would know the answer.

But, I quoted the post before it was deleted, so the proof that you were looking for where you abused another poster is there.

The other poster was correct, you do personally attack posters on this forum.

• Advertisement

Question, have you ever seen anyone take a selfies at a funeral?

Which has what to do with you calling it a 'political rally'?

Orations were given at both funerals.

What made on a political rally and other not a political rally? Apply it to any funeral of a political party figure.

At what point do they become political rally's?

I have never heard of any other funeral going to the wrong graveyard for a cremation.

It was a fake funeral - the man wasn't buried in the graveyard where he was taken, and he wasn't cremated there either.

He was never supposed to have been 'buried'.

You got conned by or made up some propaganda blanch and cannot bring yourself to row back on it.

Were you at his funeral?

Which has what to do with you calling it a 'political rally'?

Orations were given at both funerals.

What made on a political rally and other not a political rally? Apply it to any funeral of a political party figure.

At what point do they become political rally's?

Have you ever seen anyone take a selfie at a funeral?

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Were you at his funeral?

Yes, did you go?

Did you pen your disgust to 'Real Funerals Weekly'? What did the editor say?
    All you have left now is criticising the formalities of the funeral. Anything you can use to differentiate from the Horkan, Flanagan and Calleary attended, one. It's desperate and disrespectful to every family opt for cremation or anything you don't deem 'real'. It's commenting on the Trump like, no bar too low FG tactics of recent years, not a defense. Both the Storey and Horkan funerals were equally as bad an idea during Covid IMO. You keep desperately trying to accuse others of your own hypocrisy. Not defending any, calling out your hypocrisy. We'd a lad a few days ago citing the length of the oration and yourself inferring one being a state funeral made some kind of difference. Desperate.
    Leave the grieving families be and and stop disrespecting them to try get a dig in on an old resolved story because FG keep embarrassing themselves and the mechanisms of the state on a weekly basis.

Yes, did you go?

You must've known him well seeing as only 120 were allowed to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    As you were the one who put the post up, you would know the answer.

But, I quoted the post before it was deleted, so the proof that you were looking for where you abused another poster is there.

The other poster was correct, you do personally attack posters on this forum.

Thankfully we have moderators and admins on this site who decide what constitutes personal abuse on here so that it's not left soley to posters who develop weird obsessions and follow others thread to thread. (Flattered and all as I am)

I have no idea what post you're referring to by the way as I've not had any sanction - have a think on that one for a second.

Have you ever seen anyone take a selfie at a funeral?

Not a selfie no. Then I wouldn't be looking to see if they were being taken or not.

I have seen and am in many photos taken at funerals with long apart relatives though, I could show you one with my surviving godparent at my mother's funeral, we are all smiling too. We don't go around in sackcloth and ashes anymore, it isn't required.

Now could you answer the question prompted by your 'political rally' statement. Saying as you were at the Hume one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Was this posted from the FG overseas office? (Up in Belfast)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement