Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

mynamejeff wrote: »
    do you thin the "brits "did it too then ?

back to your personal opinions again - at least I can admit to having an opinion and not try to claim it as fact. It'll be another 40 years before anyone knows.

never claimed to be anything Francie .

you and the other lad are very hyped up lately , time of a break in one of the Bulgarian holiday homes that were all the rage a while ago

does that sentence make sense?

anyone that questions you is 'hyped up lately'. How about not posting inaccuracies like shinners being caught with northern bank money ... then you wouldnt have to feel anyone is 'hyped up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

never claimed to be anything Francie .

Are you, like others, here just a part time democrat then? Convict on the basis of an allegation when it comes to one section of society?

Are you, like others, here just a part time democrat then? Convict on the basis of an allegation when it comes to one section of society?

like blanch - justice is only a thing if it matches the agenda

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

maccored wrote: »
    back to your personal opinions again - at least I can admit to having an opinion and not try to claim it as fact. It'll be another 40 years before anyone knows.

its a question ,see the question mark . and not a question for you,

so hostile

if it will be 40 years why did you claim the brits did it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/0918/1166009-bobby-storey/

This one is going to run and run, it seems.

"The list of concerns also includes whether "control" of the cemetery was handed to persons acting on behalf of the Storey family,"

Who could that be? The local Sinn Fein organisation? Some other organisation?

I don't think there is an easy way out of this for Sinn Fein. And that is only the Belfast City Council investigation.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/09/18/news/bobby-storey-funeral-mourners-asked-to-attend-voluntary-police-interview-2070989/

"Police have invited a number of people who attended the funeral of veteran republican Bobby Storey in Belfast on June 30 to undertake a voluntary interview."

Dear, oh dear.

does that sentence make sense?

anyone that questions you is 'hyped up lately'. How about not posting inaccuracies like shinners being caught with northern bank money ... then you wouldnt have to feel anyone is 'hyped up'.

lol im sure you can figure it out if you try ,

so you reckon there was no IRA SF involvement in the northern bank robbery then ?

only you and francie, maccored are so excitable and hyped up

only the two lads with the aggressive and hostile posting style

lol im sure you can figure it out if you try ,

so you reckon there was no IRA SF involvement in the northern bank robbery then ?

only you and francie, maccored are so excitable and hyped up

only the two lads with the aggressive and hostile posting style

:D:D hostile and aggressive?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

blanch152 wrote: »

"The list of concerns also includes whether "control" of the cemetery was handed to persons acting on behalf of the Storey family,"

I don't think there is an easy way out of this for Sinn Fein. And that is only the Belfast City Council investigation.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/09/18/news/bobby-storey-funeral-mourners-asked-to-attend-voluntary-police-interview-2070989/

"Police have invited a number of people who attended the funeral of veteran republican Bobby Storey in Belfast on June 30 to undertake a voluntary interview."

Dear, oh dear.

Dear oh Dear

so nobody charged or fined Police have just invited a number of people for voluntary interview.. does not sound like front page news ..

its a question ,see the question mark . and not a question for you,

so hostile

if it will be 40 years why did you claim the brits did it ?

As i already explained - its my opinion the brits did it. It’ll be decades before they admit it. Then you’ll pretend to be outraged.

Do you forget other people can read the posts? Theres no aggression at all - just you posting things you cant back up. All thats pretty clear over the last few pages. You insinuate to your hearts content.

• Advertisement

:D:D hostile and aggressive?

yeap

yeap

As hostile and aggressive as being called scum, a supporter of rape and murder robbery all on the one thread?

Yeh, ok Jeff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Dear, oh dear.

Voluntary interview. If they wanted they could just say no but they won't as they know nothing will come of it.

When's the Gardaí enquiry into the Gardaí who died(Rip) funeral?

How's the Golfgate enquiry going by the Gardaí?

As i already explained - its my opinion the brits did it. It’ll be decades before they admit it. Then you’ll pretend to be outraged.

Do you forget other people can read the posts? Theres no aggression at all - just you posting things you cant back up. All thats pretty clear over the last few pages. You insinuate to your hearts content.

in 40 years I very much doubt that it will matter although all the money will be well and sf might be approaching a legitimate political party or maybe not

As hostile and aggressive as being called scum, a supporter of rape and murder robbery all on the one thread?

Yeh, ok Jeff.

by me ?

I guess you have to take responsibility for who you support then

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Would you ever wise up.

Many acts of war 'got results'. Read any history book and it will be discussed in them:

It is school yard stuff to infer it is an endorsement.
    A bit more mature debating would be appreciated.
    You spend your time demeaning modern Irish culture, stop trying to slither out of it now it doesn't suit your latest rant - telling outright lies about what I support.

Yet you justify the acts of war on this very same thread. You time and time again excuse SF's actions as they are/were

1) During a war
    2) Coming out of a war
    3) Not a normal party

You yet again deflect by saying I demeaned Irish culture when I in fact demeaned those who have a pretence of an 'Irish culture'. The so called Republicans whose voting SF gives them a veneer of Irishness they otherwise do not have. It is a lazy form of 'Irishness' in my opinion almost trying to make up for the mass appropriation of English/British culture.

You yourself cannot even define what Irishness means to you. In fact you refused to. That says to me it is a negative form of Irishness hating the Brits and voting SF.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

by me ?

I guess you have to take responsibility for who you support then

No, I never said by you. But I don't see you so quick to call out those who did. Selective, just like you are about the conflict/war.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Dear, oh dear.

Complete waste of time and money and clearly politically motivated. Was there a spike in infections in West Belfast after the funeral?
    In any case the spectacle of dragging the wife beaters body around like the Sam Maguire cup was the ridiculous event

Yet you justify the acts of war on this very same thread. You time and time again excuse SF's actions as they are/were

1) During a war
    2) Coming out of a war
    3) Not a normal party

You yet again deflect by saying I demeaned Irish culture when I in fact demeaned those who have a pretence of an 'Irish culture'. The so called Republicans whose voting SF gives them a veneer of Irishness they otherwise do not have. It is a lazy form of 'Irishness' in my opinion almost trying to make up for the mass appropriation of English/British culture.

You yourself cannot even define what Irishness means to you. In fact you refused to. That says to me it is a negative form of Irishness hating the Brits and voting SF.

So it's only those with a 'veneer of Irish culture that you demean. Voting SF is a negative form of Irishness now too.

:):) It does more good to just let you rant than to try and counter your absurd ideas.

No, I never said by you. But I don't see you so quick to call out those who did. Selective, just like you are about the conflict/war.

why refer to it when replying to me then ?

how am I selective about war ? do you mean the difference between war and war crimes ?
    the last few pages have been about the northern bank robbery committed well after the gfa and the end of the war no ?

• Advertisement

There is an elephant in the room regarding SF besides all the obvious. It is SF’s lack of diversity.
    I feel it is because of the undercurrent of SF despite all the talk of anti-racism the working-class SF voter would prefer thier TD's white Irish and anti-establishment.

Yemi Adenug was elected as first black councillor in Ireland - FG.
    Leo Varadkar first Taoiseach of Indian descent - FG
    Hazel Chu first Lord Mayor of Dublin of Chinese descent - GP
    Ellie Kisyombe candidate in local elections for SD
    Moosajee Bhamjee – Lab about 20 years ago.
    Uruemu Adejinmi – FF councilor

Of course, there have being many TD’s of Jewish background in DE – Briscoes and Shatter
    In fact, Ben Briscoe became Lord Mayor of Dublin for FF.

I notice SF has no Jewish TD’s and I found only one ethnic SF member Edmond Lukusa
    It is telling that most non-Irish or those of diverse backgrounds do not gravitate towards SF.

Seems to be anti-Semitic trend in SF?

https://www.herald.ie/news/osnodaigh-stoops-even-lower-with-nazi-jibe-at-jewish-td-27898237.html

https://inar.ie/racism-watchdog-welcomes-sinn-fein-resignation/

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-reada-cronin-twitter-comments-pearse-doherty-5012894-Feb2020/

--
    --

I noticed in the article below:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gdQjIV5bW8EJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/the-29-non-locals-running-in-the-local-elections-1.3855888+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

"The Green Party and Social Democrats underlined the already diverse background of their party members, and the need to create greater “visibility” of candidates from minority backgrounds. People Before Profit highlighted the need to challenge racism in supporting migrant communities.

Labour, Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael all noted their engagement with people from a migrant background with the support of the Immigrant Council of Ireland.

Sinn Féin did not respond to a request for comment on the topic
    ." :eek:

--
    --

Also a 2008 article I found interesting.

Why is there no Radical Right Party in Ireland? ( O’Malley 2008)

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eoin_Omalley2/publication/29652064_Why_is_there_no_Radical_Right_Party_in_Ireland/links/02e7e52cd35e314634000000/Why-is-there-no-Radical-Right-Party-in-Ireland.pdf

I found it to be an interesting take on SF’s dichotomy SF anti racist party but questionable when it comes to the average SF voter.

So it's only those with a 'veneer of Irish culture that you demean. Voting SF is a negative form of Irishness now too.

:):) It does more good to just let you rant than to try and counter your absurd ideas.

It is and always was most of the long term SF people know this revel in it and play up to it. Your sense of Irishness is only a negative anti partition, hating the Brits and praising the results of war.
    Seems like there is nothing nice about your sense of Irishness.

how am I selective about war ? do you mean the difference between war and war crimes ?
    the last few pages have been about the northern bank robbery committed well after the gfa and the end of the war no ?

And you 'selected' your culprit based on your bias.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

What's the Northern Bank robbery got to do with Sinn Féin, has anyone from Sinn Féin ever been charged of anything on relation to it?

There is an elephant in the room regarding SF besides all the obvious. It is SF’s lack of diversity.
    I feel it is because of the undercurrent of SF despite all the talk of anti-racism the working-class SF voter would prefer thier TD's white Irish and anti-establishment.

Yemi Adenug was elected as first black councillor in Ireland - FG.
    Leo Varadkar first Taoiseach of Indian descent - FG
    Hazel Chu first Lord Mayor of Dublin of Chinese descent - GP
    Ellie Kisyombe candidate in local elections for SD
    Moosajee Bhamjee – Lab about 20 years ago.
    Uruemu Adejinmi – FF councilor

Of course, there have being many TD’s of Jewish background in DE – Briscoes and Shatter
    In fact, Ben Briscoe became Lord Mayor of Dublin for FF.

I notice SF has no Jewish TD’s and I found only one ethnic SF member Edmond Lukusa
    It is telling that most non-Irish or those of diverse backgrounds do not gravitate towards SF.

Seems to be anti-Semitic trend in SF?

https://www.herald.ie/news/osnodaigh-stoops-even-lower-with-nazi-jibe-at-jewish-td-27898237.html

https://inar.ie/racism-watchdog-welcomes-sinn-fein-resignation/

https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-reada-cronin-twitter-comments-pearse-doherty-5012894-Feb2020/

--
    --

I noticed in the article below:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gdQjIV5bW8EJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/the-29-non-locals-running-in-the-local-elections-1.3855888+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

"The Green Party and Social Democrats underlined the already diverse background of their party members, and the need to create greater “visibility” of candidates from minority backgrounds. People Before Profit highlighted the need to challenge racism in supporting migrant communities.

Labour, Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael all noted their engagement with people from a migrant background with the support of the Immigrant Council of Ireland.

Sinn Féin did not respond to a request for comment on the topic
    ." :eek:

--
    --

Also a 2008 article I found interesting.

Why is there no Radical Right Party in Ireland? ( O’Malley 2008)

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eoin_Omalley2/publication/29652064_Why_is_there_no_Radical_Right_Party_in_Ireland/links/02e7e52cd35e314634000000/Why-is-there-no-Radical-Right-Party-in-Ireland.pdf

I found it to be an interesting take on SF’s dichotomy SF anti racist party but questionable when it comes to the average SF voter.

Translation: I am saying SF voters are racists father, but I will pretend thats not what Im saying

What's the Northern Bank robbery got to do with Sinn Féin, has anyone from Sinn Féin ever been charged of anything on relation to it?

apparently a shinner was arrested for having northern bank money - but then we found out mynameisjeff made that up

Michael McKevitt would have a tear in his eye reading this, and be so proud. You are a 'good republican'.

It is a pity there is not more of you during 'the struggle'.

Tiocfaidh ár lá!

Translation: I am saying SF voters are racists father, but I will pretend thats not what Im saying

Interesting your tactic speaks volumes. Refusal to discuss the issue.
    Perfectly understandable from a Republican standpoint as it could lead to a myriad of uncomfortable truths about SF and thier supporter base.
    I noted that the reaction in An Phoblacht was of similar tone when attempting to deflect from the issue.

This thread and the last few posts are a snap shot that SF still requires 'house training' and has a long way to go.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/newton-emerson-the-reality-is-sinn-f%C3%A9in-still-needs-to-be-house-trained-1.4310944?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fopinion%2Fnewton-emerson-the-reality-is-sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-still-needs-to-be-house-trained-1.4310944

I only hope that SF and its supporters move away from thier own bubble they have created eventually. And speak openly and honestly instead of the usual 'Republican speak'. Maybe SF and its supporters have done it so long they do not know any different? Or maybe they enjoy it? Or perhaps it is a mixture of the two?

I wonder why the PSNI had to release the info that they had sent letters out to those they wanted to interview over Bobby Storey's funeral.
    What other investigation have you seen that they felt the need to do that? Would the norm not be they just get on with the investigation?

Was some 'distraction' from a certain television documentary required one wonders?

Not a normal police force yet?

The silence on that documentary is stunning really when you think about it and a bit frightening too. Just imagine the coverage given in follow up discussion if it was a 'shinner or 'RA exposé, from low level ranting on Liveline to discussion on prime time political programmes and news papers.

• Advertisement

Interesting your tactic speaks volumes. Refusal to discuss the issue.
    Perfectly understandable from a Republican standpoint as it could lead to a myriad of uncomfortable truths about SF and thier supporter base.
    I noted that the reaction in An Phoblacht was of similar tone when attempting to deflect from the issue.

This thread and the last few posts are a snap shot that SF still requires 'house training' and has a long way to go.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/newton-emerson-the-reality-is-sinn-f%C3%A9in-still-needs-to-be-house-trained-1.4310944?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fopinion%2Fnewton-emerson-the-reality-is-sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-still-needs-to-be-house-trained-1.4310944

I only hope that SF and its supporters move away from thier own bubble they have created eventually. And speak openly and honestly instead of the usual 'Republican speak'. Maybe SF and its supporters have done it so long they do not know any different? Or maybe they enjoy it? Or perhaps it is a mixture of the two?

I was just simplifying your point to what you were really saying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement