Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Upon hearing the latest from the Old Bailey on Harrison the truck driver and the poor unfortunates died in the back of his truck it occurred to me if not for his unionist connection we'd have people mentioning himself and Mary Lou in the same breath.

Just to add there were numerous instances of IRA battling inner city drug gangs. Neither side covered themselves in glory but the idea they are partnered up in some way is just not correct. It's lazy to try link any and every act of criminality to SF IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Bowie wrote: »
    Upon hearing the latest from the Old Bailey on Harrison the truck driver and the poor unfortunates died in the back of his truck it occurred to me if not for his unionist connection we'd have people mentioning himself and Mary Lou in the same breath.

Just to add there were numerous instances of IRA battling inner city drug gangs. Neither side covered themselves in glory but the idea they are partnered up in some way is just not correct. It's lazy to try link any and every act of criminality to SF IMO.

I was following this from the beginning. Apparently the route of the truck took the exact same path as triad heroin delivery to loyalist gangs. But am unsure what relevance this has to this thread.

In this instance there is a reported connection with a senior MLA SF and an alleged worldwide criminal. Surely worth a discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

So before you start, shut up, nothing to see here?
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

jh79 wrote: »
    I would say his work for DK damages the party to a certain extent.

If it was any other party not much would be said as his work as a lawyer is sperate to his MLA work. But SF historically have links to criminality and their opposition to the SCC to protect "Good Republicans" makes it a bit more complicated. DK cousin being a SF councilor isn't helping with with the rumors either.

John Finucane isn't an MLA. He is an MP for Belfast North.

And your innuendo about Janice Boylan is dangerous.

jm08 wrote: »

I am conscious of certain things that can be dangerous about this and I was wondering if it should have been. Any innuendo or unproven things should be off limits. Also nothing should (in my opinion) should be said that could tarnish the name of JF (as he seems to be a gentleman) or his amazing father who I have so much respect for.

Furthermore, it has to be said that I hold the presumption of innocence in the highest regard and nobody mentioned has any conviction. But in light of all this, I am so interested in what the thoughts of posters are about this.

• Advertisement

Is he mayor too and is this an elected position? What powers if any does the position (if he is) have?

joeguevara wrote: »
    I was following this from the beginning. Apparently the route of the truck took the exact same path as triad heroin delivery to loyalist gangs. But am unsure what relevance this has to this thread.

In this instance there is a reported connection with a senior MLA SF and an alleged worldwide criminal. Surely worth a discussion.

My point was:

Pretty clear and it would have nothing to do with the thread if he were either but I'm certain it would have been raised.

Sure, if you've proof?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

what about the numerous instances of ira taxing local drug dealers for profit ?

or did that not happen either ?

So before you start, shut up, nothing to see here?
    :D:D

What are you on about? My comment speaks for itself.

My point was:

Pretty clear and it would have nothing to do with the thread if he were either but I'm certain it would have been raised.

Sure, if you've proof?

There is proof of representation of a named individual as well as people managed in a management company connected. I am unsure why raising something unconnected

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    what about the numerous instances of ira taxing local drug dealers for profit ?

or did that not happen either ?

No idea. What do you know?

There is proof of representation of a named individual as well as people managed in a management company connected. I am unsure why raising something unconnected

Didn't a FF TD work on a case for Adams? I'm not sure what your point is. Was O'Callaghan in the 'RA?

I was pointing out that upon hearing the latest from the Old Bailey on Harrison the truck driver and the poor unfortunates died in the back of his truck it occurred to me if not for his unionist connection we'd have people mentioning himself and Mary Lou in the same breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No idea. What do you know?

Prob confusing AGS and the IRA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Didn't a FF TD work on a case for Adams? I'm not sure what your point is. Was O'Callaghan in the 'RA?

I was pointing out that upon hearing the latest from the Old Bailey on Harrison the truck driver and the poor unfortunates died in the back of his truck it occurred to me if not for his unionist connection we'd have people mentioning himself and Mary Lou in the same breath.

As is often pointed out on other threads,other examples with political parties should not be raised to argue a point.

Also, there is a huge difference between Gerry and an alleged world wide criminal. The case that you keep raising has nothing to do with what was asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

2011 final IMC report. You should read it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Do you really think i knew who Janice Boylan was? The Hutch side are spreading this they named her on twitter. Me repeating it makes no difference.

I don't think he has done anything wrong. He is a businessman first and foremost. But given SF 's history hardly surprising people are speculating.

I assumed you did, that's why I asked.
    Can you point to the section/page in that document and how it pertains to the IRA/Ireland?

What about known DK associates apart from MTK? Does he represent any of them?

If the rumors are true and DK is working for Mi5 that would be a strange turn of events given his family history.

Any link to those rumours? Found it weird that Micheal Martin referenced Stake-knife in the Dáil recently, seemed a strange reference to make re Varadkar leaking the contract.

As is often pointed out on other threads,other examples with political parties should not be raised to argue a point.

Also, there is a huge difference between Gerry and an alleged world wide criminal. The case that you keep raising has nothing to do with what was asked.

As I explained I was pointing out any supposed or inferred link to criminality gets raised on here. On that note, what is your link between the Hutch gang/Hutch and Sinn Fein?

• Advertisement

Do you really think i knew who Janice Boylan was? The Hutch side are spreading this they named her on twitter. Me repeating it makes no difference.

I don't think he has done anything wrong. He is a businessman first and foremost. But given SF 's history hardly surprising people are speculating.

Things that are said on Twitter in the middle of the biggest gang war Ireland has seen shouldn’t be relied upon or listened to. But there are enough concrete facts that should be discussed.

As I explained I was pointing out any supposed or inferred link to criminality gets raised on here. On that note, what is your link between the Hutch gang/Hutch and Sinn Fein?

I never said anything of the sort and as I posted above and I don’t think noise like that should be discussed as it’s nothing but noise.

Any link to those rumours? Found it weird that Micheal Martin referenced Stake-knife in the Dáil recently, seemed a strange reference to make re Varadkar leaking the contract.

There are plenty of rumours about that and all with no evidence. Often raised by the whistleblower twitter if you are interested in reading that. But as unfounded shouldn’t be on this thread especially with the circumstances surrounding Mr. Finucane.

Is he mayor too and is this an elected position? What powers if any does the position (if he is) have?

He was Major of Belfast in 2019 (up to his election as an MP). Mayor's powers:

The Lord's Mayor's role is largely ceremonial, but does include the following powers and duties:[2]
    • In times of natural disaster the Lord Mayor may direct resources such as Police, Fire and Ambulance as they see fit
    • Presiding over meetings of the council and, in the case of equality of votes, the Lord Mayor has a second or casting vote
    • Promoting and raising awareness of the council's main objectives and priority issues
    • Encouraging and supporting all aspects of life in Belfast by attending civic and public events
    • Receiving distinguished visitors to the city
    • Acting as host on behalf of the council and the citizens of Belfast at civic functions
    • Acting as a spokesperson to the local, national and international media
    • Providing an appropriate response on behalf of Belfast at times of local, national and international catastrophe
    • Supporting and encouraging charitable and other appeals as appropriate
    • Promoting Belfast's business, commercial, cultural and social life
    • Promoting Belfast as a place of excellence in which to do business and as a tourist destination.

There are plenty of rumours about that and all with no evidence. Often raised by the whistleblower twitter if you are interested in reading that. But as unfounded shouldn’t be on this thread especially with the circumstances surrounding Mr. Finucane.

Twitter is a cesspit with even more paid accounts than here, so I'll refrain.

(I also read recently about how advanced MI5's cyber division is so I can do without setting off any warning lights in Betchley Park or wherever it is they monitor the world and the world's bank accounts from...)

If you didn't know who she was, you should not be spreading rumours about her on the internet started by the Hutch gang, particularly when she isn't involved in criminalty and is a contributor to society by being an elected city councillor and I think works for the Caelic Association.

(I also read recently about how advanced MI5's cyber division is so I can do without setting off any warning lights in Betchley Park or wherever it is they monitor the world and the world's bank accounts from...)

Don’t really understand twitter and don’t have an account. The gangland thread references certain twitter accounts and some of the posters who really know there stuff say some are spot on. Never about what was alluded on this recent debate. But the gangland thread is not the SF thread and shouldn’t be here.

But there is public information that can be discussed. Still have not seen many opinions on it. I am interested but if people don’t want to discuss it, I don’t want to be seen as someone who harps on. There is no agenda here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You create cesspits when you post stuff you can't back up.

I never said anything of the sort and as I posted above and I don’t think noise like that should be discussed as it’s nothing but noise.

My mistake. Completely agree.

• Advertisement

My mistake. Completely agree.

Especially when such noise can put innocent people in danger or damage a person’s reputation. Fine if a reputation can’t be damaged further but no place in a legitimate discussion.but as I said there is a real issue here that is probably going to be a very interesting talking point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement