Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,512 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

SF Kilkenny page calling for Leo to be shot and SF Wicklow TD getting a few knacker low shots in . I’m not Leo’s biggest fan but that shows the Calibar of the party and their supporters.,

Unfortunately we didn’t need that despicable crud to tell us that Tikka.

Pretty obvious from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,020 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SF Kilkenny page calling for Leo to be shot and SF Wicklow TD getting a few knacker low shots in . I’m not Leo’s biggest fan but that shows the Calibar of the party and their supporters.,

Bit like a poster on here looking for somebody to be buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You got it reversed. The Horkan funeral had Calleary and Flanagan and its never raised where the storey one is a go to each time FF/FG embarrass themselves.

Nobody has defended them. We see this yarn posted every so often. Merely claims of hypocrisy from hypocrites. This isn't defending SF either by the way.

Let me see.....

The Gardai told their members to stay away from the Horkan funeral, and commemorate socially distanced away from the funeral - Michael D and MM did so as well.

Sinn Fein told their members that the Storey funeral was a free-for-all with everyone welcome and Michelle and Mary-Lou led the charge. Both should do the decent thing and resign.

Still we have odious comparisons made between the two funerals, truly nauseating each time to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bit like a poster on here looking for somebody to be buried.

Not really, one is an anonymous internet poster, the other is an official political party page. Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

walshb wrote: »
    It’s the attitude surrounding it that is the issue

If FF/GG did what SF did here there would be uproar from SF!!

If only there was something to compare it with......

?uuid=4cc429e7-b9b2-56c7-9919-6a03791fbf95&function=cropresize&type=preview&source=false&q=75&crop_w=0.99999&crop_h=0.84428&width=1200&height=675&x=1.0E-5&y=0.0788

minister-for-justice-charles-flanagan-and-minister-for-rural-ring-picture-id1221629997
    Can people quit defending the indefensible..

Call a spade a spade...SF aren’t perfect...no party is.

Now - if you have a source for any uproar for FG ministers breaking the same Social Distancing guidelines as the Shinners went on to break, I'd throw it up here walshb.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Let me see.....

The Gardai told their members to stay away from the Horkan funeral, and commemorate socially distanced away from the funeral - Michael D and MM did so as well.

Sinn Fein told their members that the Storey funeral was a free-for-all with everyone welcome and Michelle and Mary-Lou led the charge. Both should do the decent thing and resign.

Still we have odious comparisons made between the two funerals, truly nauseating each time to see it.

The Garda funeral was in a lockdown. Of course they had to tell people to stay away. Still had the social distancing mistakes made by SF, RTE, FG and those in Clifden etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I would assume the EU would treat a united Ireland like any other country and supply aid if needed. There would be a special circumstance outside of the usual poor management.

good old sf/ira policy live on the tit of the state while contributing nothing . they don't even care which state

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

mynamejeff wrote: »
    good old sf/ira policy live on the tit of the state while contributing nothing . they don't even care which state

Where do you think we're getting the money currently? Any of that coming from the EU?

The Garda funeral was in a lockdown. Of course they had to tell people to stay away. Still had the social distancing mistakes made by SF, RTE, FG and those in Clifden etc.

there were socially distanced events held outside many garda station and other places in sympathy to this state funeral for a murder victim

there was no mass propaganda event held in a separate location with selfies and childish posing with aks .

looks like NI is suffering the effects of sf/ira greed as per usual

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Where do you think we're getting the money currently? Any of that coming from the EU?

were do I think NI is being funded from ?

its a huge weight around the neck of the uk

• Advertisement

were do I think NI is being funded from ?

its a huge weight around the neck of the uk

Correct. But to portray the Shinners for seeking funding from the EU as scroungers when our Govts for the past 50 years approx have done exactly that is slightly, eh, hypocritical.

Correct. But to portray the Shinners for seeking funding from the EU as scroungers when our Govts for the past 50 years approx have done exactly that is slightly, eh, hypocritical.

what have sf contributed to Ireland or the eu since its inception?

what have sf contributed to Ireland or the eu since its inception?

The formation of the state for a start.

there were socially distanced events held outside many garda station and other places in sympathy to this state funeral for a murder victim

there was no mass propaganda event held in a separate location with selfies and childish posing with aks .

looks like NI is suffering the effects of sf/ira greed as per usual

It's only propaganda if you are watching it Jeff. You should have turned off the telly.

not going to walk you lads through this again the sf in this thread had no hand act or part in the creation of any state ,

they were formed in 1969/70

It's only propaganda if you are watching it Jeff. You should have turned off the telly.

why would I be watching a event eulogising a terrorist criminal for the propaganda of a quasi criminal organised crime group ?

was it on the tv ?

why would I be watching a event

Now you have it. They have been burying their dead this way for years. Not hard to ignore it.

Now you have it. They have been burying their dead this way for years. Not hard to ignore it.

and is this year the same as last year francie ?

and is this year the same as last year francie ?

No Jeff. That is why they made a mistake, same as FG, bankers, judges, Gardai, RTE and numerous others. Thought you'd know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Let me see.....

Yawn...they both engaged in the exact same flouting of social distancing. I don't care if Elvis Presley himself gave either funeral the go ahead, both should not have been held in the manner they were. You are making excuses for one and pretending to be outraged by the other.

• Advertisement

So everyone who wants a united Ireland is in the 'RA now? Me, Kenny, Coveney, Ahern etc. etc.? Don't be silly.

So everyone who wants a united Ireland is in the 'RA now? Me, Kenny, Coveney, Ahern etc. etc.? Don't be silly.

your statement has nothing to do with the quote you posted .

did you make a mistake ?

Yawn...they both engaged in the exact same flouting of social distancing. I don't care if Elvis Presley himself gave either funeral the go ahead, both should not have been held in the manner they were. You are making excuses for one and pretending to be outraged by the other.

Didn't blanch try and imply a state funeral was exempt from having to follow the HSE guidelines about social distancing etc.

Has that story changed again?

A state funeral is official government business - it is exempt.
    One would have to enquire,if harris and flanagan attendence was mandatory at said event....should martin resign for not doing his job ,by staying away

A strange corner,poor blanch has painted himself into

Yep.

One would have to enquire,if harris and flanagan attendence was mandatory at said event....should martin resign for not doing his job ,by staying away

A strange corner,poor blanch has painted himself into

sf ira and the dissidents feeling like they have achieved something with the death of a garda

must be just like the good old days for you guys

sf ira and the dissidents feeling like they have achieved something with the death of a garda

must be just like the good old days for you guys

Jeff stooping low again.

Nobody had an issue...absolutely nobody, because they emphatised with the people at the funeral, until the faux outrage crowd went into overdrive about similar mistakes at shinner event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

That is shocking and two of the lads put "thanks" on this. Seriously you really haven't a clue do you! the SF you are supporting had nothing to do with the formation of the state, it didn't exist till the 70's and was formed by the PIRA.

Yes Sinn Fein try to align themselves with the formation of the state but they had nothing to do with it.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Didn't blanch try and imply a state funeral was exempt from having to follow the HSE guidelines about social distancing etc.

Has that story changed again?

There was talk of it being exempt because it was a state funeral. This was shown to be false. Now its a sad attempt to highlight any differences between the two even though they don't change a thing. One lad was on about the length of the oration ffs.

your inability to understand a simple statement is hardly cause for being offensive matt

a simple point badly twisted by your propaganda influenced point of view ,

sad really

I certainly don't understand what you are on about. I'm okay with that.

• Advertisement

Jeff stooping low again.

Nobody had an issue...absolutely nobody, because they emphatised with the people at the funeral, until the faux outrage crowd went into overdrive about similar mistakes at shinner event.

hard to go lower than you boys ,

I wonder how the victims of each man felt in relation to the funerals

o wait …….

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement