Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Here is what you asked. See the question mark?

Do you want me to point to 'confusion' caused by governments elsewhere? Because there are plenty of examples, there is confusion everywhere.

This is the SF thread and I asked about SF and what they are doing in the North. Nothing to do with Leo or with any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why do you refute a point I did not make?

I have set out reasons for the differences between the two funerals. One was an official State occasion which is essential work, the other was an odious political rally disguised as a fake funeral with an open invitation to the public.

No spoofing in that, the spoofery is the pretence that they were the same.

A point you didn't make?

I actually quoted you saying it was "exempt" - what were you referring to that was "exempt"?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,020 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is the SF thread and I asked about SF and what they are doing in the North. Nothing to do with Leo or with any other country.

You asked about 'confusion'.

In answering you I demonstrated that confusion persists everywhere. That you are over sensitive to Leo is not my fault.

Would you agree SK, that confusion has been a feature almost everywhere. If not we can look at some more examples.

You asked about 'confusion'.

In answering you I demonstrated that confusion persists everywhere. That you are over sensitive to Leo is not my fault.

Would you agree SK, that confusion has been a feature almost everywhere. If not we can look at some more examples.

Do you get paid per post?
    I will try again, what are SF doing up the North on Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/11/23/news/sinn-fein-face-questions-over-email-to-members-ahead-of-bobby-storey-funeral--2138668/

The story keeps running. I remember we were told that Sinn Fein couldn't control the mass outpouring of support for Storey. It was all a lie as is now clear because Sinn Fein invited them along.

Keeps running lol, it's over with, finished. Not one law broken so move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

In your alternate reality,the DUP don't have a blocking vote in the North?
    Tell me is Michelle O'Neill leader of the DUP in that reality?
    What sort of reply do you expect when you ignore basic facts just to have an unjustified Sinn Féin bash?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    A point you didn't make?

I actually quoted you saying it was "exempt" - what were you referring to that was "exempt"?

Are you saying that a State funeral isn't official State business and isn't therefore considered essential?

Schools are open, hospitals are open, government is working, civil service is functioning, gardai are working, the Defence Forces are working, firemen, paramedics, road maintenance, public transport all running, all official business, just like a State funeral. All permitted under Covid restrictions.

Which bit of all that do you fail to see as different from an obnoxious political rally disguised as a fake funeral for a criminal thug that breached restrictions in place and led to an apology from Belfast City Council?

Do you hold to the IRA premise of a state within a state or something like that to justify it?

Nobotty wrote: »
    In your alternate reality,the DUP don't have a blocking vote in the North?
    Tell me is Michelle O'Neill leader of the DUP in that reality?
    What sort of reply do you expect when you ignore basic facts just to have an unjustified Sinn Féin bash?

If this was a DUP thread I would ask about the DUP. It is a SF thread so I asked about SF. How is it bashing? I am asking what they are doing because according to the news on Friday people are dying which I think would be a concern? do you not think so?

Are you saying that a State funeral isn't official State business and isn't therefore considered essential?

Schools are open, hospitals are open, government is working, civil service is functioning, gardai are working, the Defence Forces are working, firemen, paramedics, road maintenance, public transport all running, all official business, just like a State funeral. All permitted under Covid restrictions.

Which bit of all that do you fail to see as different from an obnoxious political rally disguised as a fake funeral for a criminal thug that breached restrictions in place and led to an apology from Belfast City Council?

Do you hold to the IRA premise of a state within a state or something like that to justify it?

Big Bobby is still boiling your piss from beyond the grave. Fake funeral lol, yeah sure he's sitting in the Felons having a pint with Elvis ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Big Bobby is still boiling your piss from beyond the grave. Fake funeral lol, yeah sure he's sitting in the Felons having a pint with Elvis ffs :rolleyes:

And when you look at how this govt have embroiled themselves in sh1t from one week to the next it speaks volumes that all they can revert/deflect to is a funeral that occurred 6 months ago.

• Advertisement

The DUP would disgrace a tribe of savages with their carry on

Its obvious to all concerned,its a stronger,deeper lockdown required in the north,not hide behind petition of concern to put peoples lives at risk

Toronto is 4 times the population of the north with circa 4 to 500 cases a day
    Its gone into a full lockdown based on that for 28 days from today

The DUP are trumpian so rail against even masks in practice
    Look at Sammy
    Posters here pointing at the north as an example of things going wrong are right
    But its the DUP's fault
    Blaming SF is laughably inaccurate

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And when you look at how this govt have embroiled themselves in sh1t from one week to the next it speaks volumes that all they can revert/deflect to is a funeral that occurred 6 months ago.

There's a few on here who's sole purpose in life it to defend Leo and attack SF at all costs no matter what - it's comical at this stage. Imaging spending at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week recycling the same thing.

If this was a DUP thread I would ask about the DUP. It is a SF thread so I asked about SF. How is it bashing? I am asking what they are doing because according to the news on Friday people are dying which I think would be a concern? do you not think so?
    You're not
    you are deliberately ignoring the DUP's blame and falsely accusing Sinn Féin
    Thats actually very Trumpian
    You should hire Rudy

Toronto is 4 times the population of the north with circa 4 to 500 cases a day
    Its gone into a full lockdown based on that for 28 days from today

The DUP are trumpian so rail against even masks in practice
    Look at Sammy
    Posters here pointing at the north as an example of things going wrong are right
    But its the DUP's fault
    Blaming SF is laughably inaccurate

Last time I checked Sinn Fein were in government in the North. That's like giving the Greens a free pass on every government decision down here.

The reality is that Sinn Fein have been inconsistent North and South, opposing what the DUP wanted in the North and opposing what the government did in the South, no matter what Covid measure it was, the only common thread being opposition to themuns.

opposing what the DUP wanted in the North

Standard twisting of facts right there - the DUP opposed what the health experts and ALL other parties wanted.

Last time I checked Sinn Fein were in government in the North. That's like giving the Greens a free pass on every government decision down here.

The reality is that Sinn Fein have been inconsistent North and South, opposing what the DUP wanted in the North and opposing what the government did in the South, no matter what Covid measure it was, the only common thread being opposition to themuns.

I see so if you trip and fall on a stone on a footpath,you blame the kirb instead of the stone is it
    No one is swallowing your faux concern and false accusations
    The D'haunt system and petitions of 'community concern ' used by the DUP are the problem in the North
    SF has NO power to over rule this
    So stop the misrepresentation and lies
    You are demeaning anything you say on everything else

You can read the news as easily as any of us.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/1119/1179160-northern-ireland-restrictions/

There's a few on here who's sole purpose in life it to defend Leo and attack SF at all costs no matter what - it's comical at this stage. Imaging spending at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week recycling the same thing.

Think you are looking at the wrong side in that regard. Don't see anyone defending Leo 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

But, hey, if you don't want to deal with the issues and just attack posters, I won't be going there.

You're not
    you are deliberately ignoring the DUP's blame and falsely accusing Sinn Féin
    Thats actually very Trumpian
    You should hire Rudy

I didn't accuse SF of anything, I asked what they are doing. How is that an accusation? I asked the question and so far got answers about Leo and now you are posting accusing me of attacking SF.
    It is a very very simple question. What are SF doing in the North for Covid?

I didn't accuse SF of anything, I asked what they are doing. How is that an accusation? I asked the question and so far got answers about Leo and now you are posting accusing me of attacking SF.

You asked about 'confusion' and you got the answer, there is 'confusion' everywhere and a pertinent example of it.

that you don't want here or Leo mentioned is your own affair.

• Advertisement

What is the obsession with Leo the kitten? the guy is the Tainste. I have never seen so many posts about a guy who doesn't actually runt he country. FF and MM are the main people in power but everyday it is post after post and post about Leo.
    Personally I have been very clear I don't like Leo, the fact the childrens hospital was moved from Blanchardstown was when I lost all faith in the man. After that things like the TD on the swing etc. As I said on the actual government thread if Ireland had a decent opposition Leo the kitten would be long gone. but we don't, do we?

"That is equivalent to more than 30 deaths and nearly 1,300 new cases in the Republic."

If that was happening down here, we would see media swamped with criticism of the government, yet Sinn Fein play it down.

I asked the question on post #5381, now on post #5427
    Not one single post to actually say what SF are doing in the North for Covid.

Nope
    You asked what SF were doing,knowing what they want to do gets a DUP petition of concern waved at it
    You are being a wholly disingenuous SF basher with no evidence
    Just like Rudy

You asked about 'confusion' and you got the answer, there is 'confusion' everywhere and a pertinent example of it.

that you don't want here or Leo mentioned is your own affair.

I wonder if I did a search for "Leo" on this thread, how many posts would it feature in?

There is an unhealthy obsession with Leo among some people who oppose the government.

I asked the question on post #5381, now on post #5427
    Not one single post to actually say what SF are doing in the North for Covid.

They along with the SDLP, Alliance, UUP are following the public health guidance and drafting measures accordingly e.g. from this Friday all non essential shops will close for two weeks along with close contact services.

I wonder if I did a search for "Leo" on this thread, how many posts would it feature in?

There is an unhealthy obsession with Leo among some people who oppose the government.

Maybe search for 'fake funeral' while your at it :rolleyes:

Maybe search for 'fake funeral' while your at it :rolleyes:

At least that is on-topic in a Sinn Fein thread.

At least that is on-topic in a Sinn Fein thread.

There was no such event as a fake funeral so it's a non topic........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No and I did not even read the rest of your post, we're discussing covid restrictions, namely social distancing guidelines being broken at two different funerals - you know this.

So getting back on track - the mourners at both of the funerals were observed breaking these guidelines - why this needs to be repeatedly pointed out to you is a nonsense.

Really needs to be stickied at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement