Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Nobotty wrote: »
    Nope
    You asked what SF were doing,knowing what they want to do gets a DUP petition of concern waved at it
    You are being a wholly disingenuous SF basher with no evidence
    Just like Rudy

How am I been disingenuous? I am asking what SF are doing.
    Who is Rudy?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,020 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    I wonder if I did a search for "Leo" on this thread, how many posts would it feature in?

There is an unhealthy obsession with Leo among some people who oppose the government.

Ask yourself 'why' there is an obsession with Leo.

The guy took a swipe at NPHET and had to pull the horns in when the advice they gave turned out to be right.

SK wanted to talk about 'confusion', he got an example of it elesewhere. I can give you examples of it in the UK, the US if you wish?

The guy took a swipe at NPHET and had to pull the horns in when the advice they gave turned out to be right.

SK wanted to talk about 'confusion', he got an example of it elesewhere. I can give you examples of it in the UK, the US if you wish?

I wanted to talk about what SF are doing in the North. Nothing to do with NPHET, Leo, US or the rest of UK. The North of Ireland, SF are in government in the North so that is why I asked the question on the SF thread. Not sure what the confusion is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    No and I did not even read the rest of your post, we're discussing covid restrictions, namely social distancing guidelines being broken at two different funerals - you know this.

So getting back on track - the mourners at both of the funerals were observed breaking these guidelines - why this needs to be repeatedly pointed out to you is a nonsense.

Really needs to be stickied at this stage.

Firemen break social distancing requirements routinely, ditto doctors, nurses, teachers, etc. All on official business, all permitted because it is official business.

I am not going down the rabbit hole with you again. The status of the two funerals was very different, the arrangements put in place by the organisers were very different (as the reveal of the disgraceful email from Sinn Fein HQ clearly demonstrates). Rabbiting on about Covid-19 not understanding misses the point completely. You might as well say that it is ok for kids to drunkenly crowd in Wicklow Street because schools are open. The two don't equal each other, no more than the two funerals equal each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

grayzer75 wrote: »
    There was no such event as a fake funeral so it's a non topic........

Do you understand why it is being called a fake funeral?

• Advertisement

He features more than Mary-Lou, Michelle or Storey in the SF thread, that is weird.

So whatever the wild and strange reasons for the obsession, it is in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

aido79 wrote: »
    Do you understand why it is being called a fake funeral?

Yeah, to have a swipe at a dead republican and those who went to show their respects. Pretty sad to call somebodies funeral fake tbh but not surprising where the terminology is originating from......

Yeah, to have a swipe at a dead republican and those who went to show their respects. Pretty sad to call somebodies funeral fake tbh but not surprising where the terminology is originating from......

What do you call a trip to a cemetery to bury someone complete with ceremony and oration, but he doesn't get buried.

Fake burial might be more accurate than fake funeral, but that is really semantics so fake funeral does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Nope you've completely misunderstood the sequence of events. The criticism he gave was due to them accepting level 3 being the appropriate level only a couple days before they suddenly decided level 5 was needed and that it was needed immediately. If this had been done as NPHET wanted, none of the support mechanisms for level 5 could have been implemented in time. There was extremely poor communication from NPHET and it felt like they were winging it.

People also forget that one week after this NPHET agreed that level 3 was the appropriate level again! Then a week after that they decided level 5 was needed but gave enough warning in order to implement the support mechanisms.

NPHET were rightly called out for their shambolic handling of the situation at the time.

No. It's because there is no grave to put the coffin in. I assume you know that though?

• Advertisement

What do you call a trip to a cemetery to bury someone complete with ceremony and oration, but he doesn't get buried.

Fake burial might be more accurate than fake funeral, but that is really semantics so fake funeral does it for me.

Desperate lying again.
    Victims exploited, now a dead man exploited for the political digs.

You know that there was never supposed to be a 'burial'. Pointing out the evidence of that in his funeral notice isn't enough. You have no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And thats all you can level at them as opposed to;
    Cowen,
    Clifden
    Calleary
    LeotheLeak
    McEntee & Woulfe
    SIPO appointments.

We'll forget about the dodgy sanitisers for schools and the children's hospital going down the tubes.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Nope you've completely misunderstood the sequence of events. The criticism he gave was due to them accepting level 3 being the appropriate level only a couple days before they suddenly decided level 5 was needed and that it was needed immediately. If this had been done as NPHET wanted, none of the support mechanisms for level 5 could have been implemented in time. There was extremely poor communication from NPHET and it felt like they were winging it.

People also forget that one week after this NPHET agreed that level 3 was the appropriate level again! Then a week after that they decided level 5 was needed but gave enough warning in order to implement the support mechanisms.

NPHET were rightly called out for their shambolic handling of the situation at the time.

Please don't present FG excuse making after the event as anything but 'excuses'.

Desperate lying again.
    Victims exploited, now a dead man exploited for the political digs.

You know that there was never supposed to be a 'burial'. Pointing out the evidence of that in his funeral notice isn't enough. You have no shame.

Every single word of my post is true. It was a fake funeral, get over it.

Complaining about "exploiting" Bobby Storey when the man spent his life exploiting people in a criminal organisation is more than a little rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Complaining about "exploiting" Bobby Storey when the man spent his life exploiting people in a criminal organisation is more than a little rich.

I'm just not sure what you hope to achieve by referring to him constantly. He has a family that are mourning his loss. I'm not sure such an obsession with one individual the way the press and government supporters is right for the family of Bobby Storey.

Not to anyone who informed themselves.

Too eager blanch and no shame, that is your problem in all of this.

The Shinners made a mistake, like many others. Only last week even RTE dropped their guard.

Cling on to an event months ago. Your increasing desperation is dragging you further and further into the mire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

How am I been disingenuous? I am asking what SF are doing.
    Who is Rudy?

You're being disingenuous by asking a question pretending not to be aware of the DUP block and ignoring being pointed to that
    Ask 50 more times if you like,it still won't wash,It will be going next level disingenuous
    Rudy Guiliani
    You've a lot in common
    Of course you knew who Rudy is
    You're just being deliberately obsequious to an empty accusations pot
    Your play book is see through
    Come back to me when you're actually genuine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Theres a man,who was much much more of a prominent/famous a republican than story,unaffilated to shinners,who had a parade and oration at his funeral in wicklow during covid restrictions(afaik 1000 plus attendance)...

but isnt refered to by media as was unaffilated,so.that tells me all i need to know about commentry surronding this issue

To be honest I know that it's politics and it's just being used as a stick to beat the Shinners I can take that but it's the painting of those you don't agree with as sub human not deserving of any dignity at all is something else. The betters and alleged respectable people have discretions excused away with easy e.g RTE had to have a retirement party,while those labelled dregs, scum and sub human are scrutinized under a microscope. They'd dance on bobby storeys grave if the optics allowed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

You're being disingenuous by asking a question pretending not to be aware of the DUP block and ignoring being pointed to that
    Ask 50 more times if you like,it still won't wash,It will be going next level disingenuous
    Rudy Guiliani
    You've a lot in common

Why are you constantly referring to things as Trumpian or calling posters Rudy Giulianni. Its bad enough that thread is being brought off course by bringing FG/FF things into a SF thread but when its done with US Rebublican drivel it becomes unbareable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Firemen break social distancing requirements routinely, ditto doctors, nurses, teachers, etc. All on official business, all permitted because it is official business.

I am not going down the rabbit hole with you again. The status of the two funerals was very different, the arrangements put in place by the organisers were very different (as the reveal of the disgraceful email from Sinn Fein HQ clearly demonstrates). Rabbiting on about Covid-19 not understanding misses the point completely. You might as well say that it is ok for kids to drunkenly crowd in Wicklow Street because schools are open. The two don't equal each other, no more than the two funerals equal each other.

If you can't link to a source that exempts folk from having to observe and follow the HSE guidelines at a state funeral, then I reserve the right to tell you you're wrong, better still blanch you know you're wrong.

I've better things to be doing with my time than going over the same auld shyte you know to be untrue. There's rules in the charter against that tbh.

Good bye blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

joeguevara wrote: »
    Why are you constantly referring to things as Trumpian or calling posters Rudy Giulianni. Its bad enough that thread is being brought off course by bringing FG/FF things into a SF thread but when its done with US Rebublican drivel it becomes unbareable.
    Because its true
    The post I replied to was a frequent repetition of an obvious lie
    It may not be in the Oxford dictionary yet but thats Trumpian or doing a Rudy
    Its also dishonest and disingenuous as the reason for DUP dominance on Covid policy in the North is plain to everyone
    Posts pretending thats Sinn Féins fault are no different to Trumps tweets in that respect
    I make NO apology for calling that out

Rudy Guiliani
    You've a lot in common

Why are you talking about Rudy Guiliani on a SF thread?
    I don't care about the DUP, the amount of excuses around here is incredible. I asked what SF are doing. If SF are incapable of doing anything in the North and it is all the DUP then why bother voting for any other political party? are you telling me that the DUP hold all the power and SF have none?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Because its true
    The post I replied to was a frequent repetition of an obvious lie
    It may not be in the Oxford dictionary yet but thats Trumpian or doing a Rudy
    Its also dishonest and disingenuous as the reason for DUP dominance on Covid policy in the North is plain to everyone
    Posts pretending thats Sinn Féins fault are no different to Trumps tweets in that respect
    I make NO apology for calling that out

It could be pointed out that SF and their supporters are guilty of exactly the same thing on many occasions. In fact, it is more often on this thread that important issues are constantly ignored or not responded to by SF posters and continue harp on about pointless things such as a Zoo. Forget about political slurs from different continents.

Why are you talking about Rudy Guiliani on a SF thread?
    I don't care about the DUP, the amount of excuses around here is incredible. I asked what SF are doing. If SF are incapable of doing anything in the North and it is all the DUP then why bother voting for any other political party? are you telling me that the DUP hold all the power and SF have none?

And you were linked to the news. Where you will find out whatever it is you need to know.

The executive is working away on any number of things. Was it something specific you wanted to know?

are you telling me that the DUP hold all the power and SF have none?

Essentially yes,stormont has been.a failure,hence the need for reunification

The petition of concern can be used by either side to stop one side bullying other and prevent institional sectarianism....the dup used this to stop covid restrictions

Its been used 49 times since it was brought in,47 of them.by the DUP to close down things like irish language acts,funding for gaa clubs etc etc....a wholy committed bunch of bigots,who have gone too far with their carryon surronding covid.......

these people have no time for,nor interest in powersharing,never will,its time to press on with reunification

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

aido79 wrote: »
    No. It's because there is no grave to put the coffin in. I assume you know that though?

Ah so if you're not buried you're not dead and your funeral is fake, dead on.

The executive is working away on any number of things. Was it something specific you wanted to know?

It deosnt work,it never will,ian paisley would not be welcome in modern day DUP....says it all really

Essentially yes,stormont has been.a failure,hence the need for reunification

The petition of concern can be used by either side to stop one side bullying other and prevent institional sectarianism....the dup used this to stop covid restrictions

Its been used 49 times since it was brought in,47 of them.by the DUP to close down things like irish language acts,funding for gaa clubs etc etc....a wholy committed bunch of bigots,who have gone too far with their carryon surronding covid.......

these people have no time for,nor interest in powersharing,never will,its time to press on with reunification

Somebody should explain AGAIN that when you use the Cross COmmunity Veto for a purpose it was not intended then that is tantamount to 'having all the power' and blocks whatever the other parties wish to achieve.

Ah so if you're not buried you're not dead and your funeral is fake, dead on.

Why did they bring the coffin to the graveyard if they weren't going to bury it?
    All that was missing from the theathrics was the tricolour and the gun salute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Please don't present FG excuse making after the event as anything but 'excuses'.

Excuse me? Go and watch the Prime Time interview with Varadker on the day NPHET announced that. The issue isn't that they were recommending level 5 but the completely out of the blue last minute way they announced it. They only agreed 2 days prior that level 3 was fine. They agreed 1 week later that level 3 was fine too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement