Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

joeguevara wrote: »
    I don't believe that there has been full scrutiny. You admitted the same yourself and withdrew the comment regarding UK watchdog. I'm not pointing fingers, and to be accused of that makes it difficult to raise issues to discuss. I simply said it is an open issue and is not closed.

SIPO have a staff who are tasked with scrutiny of these matters. They are therefore always 'open' and 'not closed'.
    No big reveal there.

And you are 'pointing fingers' when you say there is a lack of transparency. There is no evidence of that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They are an all island party that have two jurisdictions to operate in and two sets of regulations.

Why not leave the financial forensics to the experts blanch?

You don't need to be an expert to see the contradiction in the accounts Francie. Just read notes 8 and 23.

Nobody is saying otherwise, but SF are playing both jurisdictions just like Denis O'Brien did. Exalted company for legal behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

'Serious' for whom? Certainly not serious enough for SIPO to take action.

Do SIPO have the powers to investigate a political party in a different jurisdiction? Enough to declare no issue?

'Serious' for whom? Certainly not serious enough for SIPO to take action.

SIPO don't have the powers to stop legal tax avoidance.

Sinn Fein wanted the Apple money used, they are doing the exact same as Apple and Denis O'Brien.

blanch152 wrote: »
    SIPO don't have the powers to stop legal tax avoidance.

Sinn Fein wanted the Apple money used, they are doing the exact same as Apple and Denis O'Brien.

Sinn Fein are an all island party, the money is staying on the island to be spent on the island. it's nothing similar to Apple ferreting money back to investors in another country.

• Advertisement

Do SIPO have the powers to investigate a political party in a different jurisdiction? Enough to declare no issue?

Scrutiny is ongoing in both jurisdictions. If SF are acting illegally and getting away with it, your issue is with those tasked to scrutinise.

Scrutiny is ongoing in both jurisdictions. If SF are acting illegally and getting away with it, your issue is with those tasked to scrutinise.

I don't have an issue. Am I in the wrong to raise points for discussion? You have called me arrogant on another thread, interrogating on this one and now finger pointing. What's the point in posting anymore? Whenever I may have posted inappropriately I have apologised for doing so. Bang out of order some of the things said. Might leave ye to it if that's the attitude now.

Does all this mean you think Apple were in the wrong then blanch BTW?

I don't have an issue. Am I in the wrong to raise points for discussion? You have called me arrogant on another thread, interrogating on this one and now finger pointing. What's the point in posting anymore? Whenever I may have posted inappropriately I have apologised for doing so. Bang out of order some of the things said. Might leave ye to it if that's the attitude now.

Attacking opinions expressed on Twitter because you don't agree with them, or intimating that Twitter is an homogeneous body of opinion is 'arrogant' IMO. If that wasn't what you were doing, fair enough.

You were rapid firing questions at 'me' and my views when I asked you were you interrogating me.

And claiming that there was a lack of transparency in SF financial affairs is finger pointing when no agency tasked with scrutiny of these things has said that they are blocking scrutiny.

Just because you don't know means nothing to be honest.

Attacking opinions expressed on Twitter because you don't agree with them, or intimating that Twitter is an homogeneous body of opinion is 'arrogant' IMO. If that wasn't what you were doing, fair enough.

You were rapid firing questions at 'me' and my views when I asked you were you interrogating me.

And claiming that there was a lack of transparency in SF financial affairs is finger pointing when no agency tasked with scrutiny of these things has said that they are blocking scrutiny.

Just because you don't know means nothing to be honest.

Lack of transparency does not mean blocking scrutiny. I simply meant more questions need to be answered.

I didn't mean that you felt interrogated, was asking questions and you post a lot so wanted an opinion as I respect yours.

I feel that a lot of people are posting things on social media that are harmful as they are incorrect but raises tension. None of that is a personal attack but it appears that no matter what I ask it is taken in the wrong way.

I have nothing against SF as a party. But I disagree with the way that they think everything is enough to bring the government down but in reality are literally nothing.

• Advertisement

So you are saying that Mary-Lou lied to SIPO when she said that Sinn Fein "operated separately on “a six-and 26-country basis”"? That is quite a serious accusation you are making.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-targets-sinn-f%C3%A9in-in-law-to-strengthen-sipo-powers-on-donations-1.4403747

https://www.sipo.ie/reports-and-publications/political-party-accounts/statement-of-accounts-by-2/2018-Sinn-Fein.pdf

There are some strange figures in the Sinn Fein accounts.

38 staff are paid €1,922,011, an average over €50k (see note 8), yet according to note 23, seven key management personnel are paid only €38,359. Something doesn't add up again.

Page 10....concludes accounts were accurante and trustworthy?

Do you guys,even read what ye link

Lack of transparency does not mean blocking scrutiny. I simply meant more questions need to be answered.

I didn't mean that you felt interrogated, was asking questions and you post a lot so wanted an opinion as I respect yours.

I feel that a lot of people are posting things on social media that are harmful as they are incorrect but raises tension. None of that is a personal attack but it appears that no matter what I ask it is taken in the wrong way.

I have nothing against SF as a party. But I disagree with the way that they think everything is enough to bring the government down but in reality are literally nothing.

Leaking a confidential document is hardly 'nothing'.
    And Varadkar going did not need to bring down the government. That would be FG arrogantly taking the ball home that would cause that.

Leaking a confidential document is hardly 'nothing'.
    And Varadkar going did not need to bring down the government. That would be FG arrogantly taking the ball home that would cause that.

It did not deserve the vote of no confidence. It is going from one accusation to the next and real issues are being relegated. The woulfe thing is equally minor.

What actual work is being done?

Also Dail process is unknown to the opposition and then being blamed when they cannot proceed.

Tbh, sick of them all. If I acted the way any of them acted in work, be out on my ear.

It did not deserve the vote of no confidence. It is going from one accusation to the next and real issues are being relegated. The woulfe thing is equally minor.
    VoNC are a matter of opinion really. I thought it was the only option left open to them. And I think it was the politically correct thing to do. The Greens and FF all had to stand up and support the leaking. That will have left it's mark.
    What actual work is being done?
    Work in committee and in the house was proceeding until this evening when the government actually avoiding scrutiny and transparency is grinding it to a halt.
    Also Dail process is unknown to the opposition and then being blamed when they cannot proceed.

Tbh, sick of them all. If I acted the way any of them acted in work, be out on my ear.

No idea what the first sentence means.

Not a bit sick of it here. This will be seen as the turning point, the end of the power swap as we know it. Fascinating stuff.

Francie, didn't want to quote the whole post of yours. I don't think the opposition knows Dail process to any great degree. E. G. Opposition questions time frames.

Anyway, think that the whole Dail government and opposition are not representing me or anyone really. If this walkout is real, I give up.

Francie, didn't want to quote the whole post of yours. I don't think the opposition knows Dail process to any great degree. E. G. Opposition questions time frames.

Anyway, think that the whole Dail government and opposition are not representing me or anyone really. If this walkout is real, I give up.

You were the one looking for transparency and answers a while ago.
    Only one side to blame here for blocking that.

You were the one looking for transparency and answers a while ago.
    Only one side to blame here for blocking that.

I think that the whole lot of them are to blame. I think that I posted earlier to another person (Fann Linn but could be mistaken) that mcentee should have been brought out immediately to answer the questions.

I think everyone is messing up. It could easily be done by now.

Please remember that I have no support for any party and think its all a sh1t show. Butcan we go one week without a fake scandal?

I think that the whole lot of them are to blame. I think that I posted earlier to another person (Fann Linn but could be mistaken) that mcentee should have been brought out immediately to answer the questions.

I think everyone is messing up. It could easily be done by now.

Please remember that I have no support for any party and think its all a sh1t show. Butcan we go one week without a fake scandal?

They're all fake if you want to look at it in the right light.

How is SF's finances important if leaking confidential docs isn't, or cronyism when it comes to judicial appointments?

Being a bit a lá carte there Joe.

They're all fake if you want to look at it in the right light.

How is SF's finances important if leaking confidential docs isn't, or cronyism when it comes to judicial appointments?

Being a bit a lá carte there Joe.

How is it a la carte if I have said that every one of them is to blame. Equally when I have said that I have disdain for them all. What is a la carte is every post I see on my Facebook page is about would or some document that no one has seen. But not one about the lodgment that is subject to investigation or the 10k grants that happened to rest in accounts.

Or the abuse being thrown at Michael d from people about signing legislation and not one td came forward to explain the role and powers of him.

Our whole country is being lead and opposed by a pack of wasters. I worry about the future. I have no belief that any of them no what they are doing.

How is it a la carte if I have said that every one of them is to blame. Equally when I have said that I have disdain for them all. What is a la carte is every post I see on my Facebook page is about would or some document that no one has seen. But not one about the lodgment that is subject to investigation or the 10k grants that happened to rest in accounts.

Or the abuse being thrown at Michael d from people about signing legislation and not one td came forward to explain the role and powers of him.

Our whole country is being lead and opposed by a pack of wasters. I worry about the future. I have no belief that any of them no what they are doing.

So you want the opposition to back down so a pack of wasters can get on with wastering? :)

You aren't making a pile of sense here Joe, no harm to you.
    You are flat out questioning SF on 'important' stuff but looking for the opposition to back down on accountability seeking from a pack of wasters.

• Advertisement

So you want the opposition to back down so a pack of wasters can get on with wastering? :)

You aren't making a pile of sense here Joe, no harm to you.
    You are flat out questioning SF on 'important' stuff but looking for the opposition to back down on accountability seeking from a pack of wasters.

No I don't think that francie. And I probably am not making sense. Got some terrible news today and I've been a bit distracted.

Perhaps if I am not making sense I should not post.

No I don't think that francie. And I probably am not making sense. Got some terrible news today and I've been a bit distracted.

Fair enough. Take it easy.

Page 10....concludes accounts were accurante and trustworthy?

Do you guys,even read what ye link

Funny that, so did the auditors of all the banks in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Whatever it is, good luck mate. Stay strong.

I mean like,if you think.sipo are incompentant,

who am i to qs,your insistance they investigate stuff

:D:D:D Somebody running the hounds and hunting with the hares again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Never said it will??

Simply put,its legalised inequality in my eyes.....i cant see how any rational thinking human can still support it

In the Soviet Union have a president, praying in a church or owning property was seen las legalised inequality. That is why everyone was referred to as comrade, even Uncle Joe who went to murder tens of millions of his own people.

The problem is one monarch, still not sure exactly what the Queen has done?
    Still uncertain what gain the PIRA got from killing Lord Mountbatten and other innocents people that day, I am sure someone can explain here.

Not only did SF/IRA Kill Lord Mountbatten, they also murdered two teenage boys, his 14 year old grandson and 15 year old Irish Deckhand and also an 83 year old woman...

Brave brave men and heroes these men were.

It was a PR disaster for them, drawing condemnation across the world including the Pope and Jimmy Carter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    Not only did SF/IRA Kill Lord Mountbatten, they also murdered two teenage boys, his 14 year old grandson and 15 year old Irish Deckhand and also an 83 year old woman...

Brave brave men and heroes these men were.

It was a PR disaster for them, drawing condemnation across the world including the Pope and Jimmy Carter.

Why would SF blow up his boat? What were the IRA doing?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/electoral-commission-urged-to-probe-sinn-fein-over-facebook-ad-funding-39783107.html

Sinn Fein running into problems with the Electoral Commission in the North as well as SIPO in the South. Time we had a full public investigation into their finances.

This is getting quite serious now.

SF Ireland paying for Facebook advertising or SF UK Westminister elections.
    The DUP has asked the Electoral Commission to investigate Sinn Fein funding in Northern Ireland after it emerged that the party's Dublin office paid for Facebook advertisements promoting an event in Belfast.

Sinn Fein's headquarters in the Republic also paid for advertising on Facebook for candidates running in Westminster elections. DUP MLA Gary Middleton has raised the issue with the Electoral Commission here.

It is their own fault.

SF UK set the line in the sand, with their 26 county organisation + 6 county organisation.
    They were trying to be too cute, but now they have left themselves wide open to attack on the nature of their funding.

Afaik, it is illegal for a cent from SF NI to be spent on elections in the Republic.

This is going to rumble on and on, until SF UK and SF ROI give a full account of themselves.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Why would SF blow up his boat? What were the IRA doing?

SF/IRA
    Same same but 'different' :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement