Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Not for an all island party. .

SF are NOT an all-island party Francie.

Sipo wrote to Sinn Féin last year seeking clarity about the execution of the will and in correspondence with the ethics watchdog Ms McDonald said her party operated separately on “a six-and 26-country basis”.

She said the donation was not offered to, or accepted by the Sinn Féin party “in the 26-county jurisdiction”.

The donation from Mr Hampton was received by “the Sinn Féin party, registered in the six counties, with the British Electoral Commission

This is from MLMD herself.
    So, it is clear that there are two SF parties. SF UK and SF ROI

Yes 2001. I asked were SF caught in the same way, as the poster called them 'tax dodgers'.

Hmmm, legitimate questions about SF finances being asked in the SF thread... and we get in response....
    An article from 20 years about FG taxes.... :D

In this instance Francie, do you think SF have any questions to answer, or is your stock answer to this, "sure they are all at it"
    If there is a similar instance I would like to read about it. Or is this poster engagig in his legendary, 'allegation is enough to convict' when it comes to SF.

Hmmm, again... on the subject of FG, weren't you and many others convicting Leo Varadkar in regards the NGAP controversy? A few weeks ago, he was looking at jail time... :pac::pac:

"Do as I say, not as I do"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    SF/IRA
    Same same but 'different' :D

Did you tell the Garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Bowie wrote: »
    Did you tell the Garda?

Id say the Garda know already.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

SF are NOT an all-island party Francie.

This is from MLMD herself.
    So, it is clear that there are two SF parties. SF UK and SF ROI

Ahh come on Mark, I think they're toxic and playing trump cards (I. E. Instigating polarisation) but their main objective is a complete island at any cost.
    They play the finance cards depending on what they want/aim for.

The fact that they break from their 32 county rule to help themselves speaks volumes though.
    They're just another FF, FG party, more interested in 'the party' than benefiting Irish people.
    But they are better at social media.

• Advertisement

Did you tell the Garda?

They guy who murdered those 4 people was Thomas McMahon.
    A member of the IRA and a SF 'activist'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_McMahon_(Irish_republican)#cite_note-queen-7
    As of 2009, McMahon was living with his wife in a hillside bungalow in Lisanisk, Carrickmacross, County Monaghan.[6] He has two grown sons.[6] He helped with Martin McGuinness's presidential campaign in 2011, erecting posters for McGuinness around Carrickmacross

SF always seem to attract the best and the brightest. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They guy who murdered those 4 people was Thomas McMahon.
    A member of the IRA and a SF 'activist'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_McMahon_(Irish_republican)#cite_note-queen-7

SF always seem to attract the best and the brightest. :pac:

Yeah, I don't think SF carried out any acts, pretty sure it was the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Not only did SF/IRA Kill Lord Mountbatten, they also murdered two teenage boys, his 14 year old grandson and 15 year old Irish Deckhand and also an 83 year old woman...

Brave brave men and heroes these men were.

It was a PR disaster for them, drawing condemnation across the world including the Pope and Jimmy Carter.

It was very sad that the two young fellas and the elderly lady were caught up in it but as for Mountbatten I couldn't care either way tbh, it's one less peado roaming the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hmmm, legitimate questions about SF finances being asked in the SF thread... and we get in response....
    An article from 20 years about FG taxes.... :D

Mountbatten was assassinated in 1979 - that's 41 years ago, personally that's before I, and I'm sure probably a good few other number of other posters in these threads were even born mark.

Yet twenty year tax avoidance scams are ancient history? You're some chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Mountbatten was assassinated in 1979 - that's 41 years ago, personally that's before I, and I'm sure probably a good few other number of other posters in these threads were even born mark.

SF were called 'tax dodgers' here yesterday. All I asked was had they been caught doing this like FG were.
    No response yet. So I guess that is my answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »

How is tax ‘avoidance’ a scam.

It’s either legal or it’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not only did SF/IRA Kill Lord Mountbatten, they also murdered two teenage boys, his 14 year old grandson and 15 year old Irish Deckhand and also an 83 year old woman...

Brave brave men and heroes these men were.

It was a PR disaster for them, drawing condemnation across the world including the Pope and Jimmy Carter.

I remember it well. Completely shocked by it, so much for the Cead Mile Failte.

Sinn Fein/IRA at the time had no hesitation in killing children.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I remember it well. Completely shocked by it, so much for the Cead Mile Failte.

Sinn Fein/IRA at the time had no hesitation in killing children.

Tragically, all sides killed children. The BA killed 18 of them that we know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tragically, all sides killed children. The BA killed 18 of them that we know about.

they dont cancel each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How is tax ‘avoidance’ a scam.

It’s either legal or it’s not.

Sorry Brenner - correct, I was being too kind with my words.

Tax evasion.

Fine Gael admits tax evasion over period of 9 years
    Fine Gael faces major political embarrassment after admitting giving £120,000 in illegal under-the-counter cash payments to its staff over a nine year period.

What now coach?

they dont cancel each other out.

Absolutely.
    Nor should they be portrayed as unique to one side in a conflict/war.

Absolutely.

the terrorists on both sides were scum but it is one side that is the focus of this thread.

the terrorists on both sides were scum but it is one side that is the focus of this thread.

Seems that there are those who only want to hear what one side did, you mean, as if it was unique to the conflict/war that happened. A conflict/war that, like all wars. you would agree, no doubt, reduced people to doing pretty scummy things.

Seems that there are those who only want to hear what one side did, you mean, as if it was unique to the conflict/war that happened. A conflict/war that, like all wars. you would agree, no doubt, reduced people to doing pretty scummy things.

start a thread on the UVF/UDA/whateveryourehavingyourself and i will happily join in. Saying "the other side did it as well" isn't a justification and they should have had a long drop from a short rope.

start a thread on the UVF/UDA/whateveryourehavingyourself and i will happily join in. Saying "the other side did it as well" isn't a justification and they should have had a long drop from a short rope.

I have no problem with the issue raised as long as it is seen in the full context of what happened here.

*I like the new name to avoid mentioning the British state - whateveryourehavingyourself :D

• Advertisement

I have no problem with the issue raised as long as it is seen in the full context of what happened here.

*I like the new name to avoid mentioning the British state - whateveryourehavingyourself :D

no context makes the blowing up of 2 kids acceptable. Unless you think it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Absolutely.

Several threads have been started over the years on British actions that were unacceptable.

Every single time without exception, not a single poster offers an excuse for them, or compares what they did to other atrocities.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Sinn Fein/IRA threads where the victim mentality of the Irish Republican comes to the fore, and they can't see beyond that.

Sinn Fein are playing ducks and drakes with the laws North and South in relation to political donations. So far, it all seems to be legal.

However, let's be clear and unambiguous about it.

(1) It involves large sums of money, in the millions, avoidance of tax and avoidance of regulations on donations

(2) It is similar behaviour to Denis O'Brien moving to Portugal to avoid CGT on the disposal of his phone company and U2 moving their royalties to the Netherlands. That is the company that Sinn Fein are keeping.

(3) It is of much more significant than another party not realising it had to pay tax on One4all christmas vouchers to hard-working staff and the comparison is invidious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Why would SF blow up his boat? What were the IRA doing?

I know you guys struggle with history, at that stage Gerry was sitting at top of PIRA and also running Sinn Fein.
    So yes it was a PR disaster for SF and the PIRA. I would suggest if you are going to spend every waking minute on here defending SF you might actually read up on them, and not from the SF website. Just an idea.

I know you guys struggle with history, at that stage Gerry was sitting at top of PIRA and also running Sinn Fein.
    So yes it was a PR disaster for SF and the PIRA. I would suggest if you are going to spend every waking minute on here defending SF you might actually read up on them, and not from the SF website. Just an idea.

The only thing it did was take the shine off a good operation in Warrenpoint the same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The only thing it did was take the shine off a good operation in Warrenpoint the same day.

Did the operation bring about the end of the troubles?
    For all the people killed by the PIRA at the end of the day they achieved nothing as Northern Ireland is still part of the UK.
    But open to correction, what did it achieve?

grayzer75 wrote: »

"The lorry's driver, Anthony Wood (aged 19), was one of those killed. All that remained of Wood's body was his pelvis, welded to the seat by the fierce heat of the blast."

I find your description of that as a "good operation" to be one of the most nauseating and disgusting things I have read on this site.

Did the operation bring about the end of the troubles?
    For all the people killed by the PIRA at the end of the day they achieved nothing as Northern Ireland is still part of the UK.
    But open to correction, what did it achieve?

It achieved it's aim of striking at the heart of the regiment who were responsible for the deaths on Bloody Sunday. It made the Brits realise they were up against a formidable enemy who they were unable to beat.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    "The lorry's driver, Anthony Wood (aged 19), was one of those killed. All that remained of Wood's body was his pelvis, welded to the seat by the fierce heat of the blast."

I find your description of that as a "good operation" to be one of the most nauseating and disgusting things I have read on this site.

They didn't give two f**ks about the people they slaughtered in Derry so.........

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bloody-sunday-a-job-well-done-and-not-all-victims-innocent-says-ex-parachute-regiment-soldier-37884458.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement