Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Really?

What? are you saying from the IRA's point of view it wasn't a good operation?

In a recent documentary about that day a British soldier commented to the fact that it was a well planned military attack and an all round 'good operation' for the IRA which rocked the British military to it's core.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Well we have had loads of people killed over the years by the PIRA and whatever banner they fly under just so SF can deny involvement.

Hahahahaha grasping at straws with that one lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

the terrorists on both sides were scum but it is one side that is the focus of this thread.

Sinn Fein thread. The IRA disbanded. I know it's tough to talk current politics, but sure give it a go?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Several threads have been started over the years on British actions that were unacceptable.

Every single time without exception, not a single poster offers an excuse for them, or compares what they did to other atrocities.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Sinn Fein/IRA threads where the victim mentality of the Irish Republican comes to the fore, and they can't see beyond that.

This is made up.
    You might have people explaining why the IRA existed or why they did what they did but you seem to be twisting that and inferring it's defending blowing up children. That's pretty dishonest. Or do you have quotes?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Don't forget the New & Improved IRA who shot and killed a journalist last year.

They've more connection to FG/Lab than the IRA. They actually exist because they don't agree with or want any part of SF. They are dissidents. The kind of people FG/Lab might make a senator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    This is made up.
    You might have people explaining why the IRA existed or why they did what they did but you seem to be twisting that and inferring it's defending blowing up children. That's pretty dishonest. Or do you have quotes?

Here is one for a start where a poster calls the killing of 18 people a "good operation". You won't see any of that in a thread about British atrocities.
    grayzer75 wrote: »
    The only thing it did was take the shine off a good operation in Warrenpoint the same day.

It is nauseating stuff. Stop pretending it doesn't exist.

Here is one for a start where a poster calls the killing of 18 people a "good operation". You won't see any of that in a thread about British atrocities.

It is nauseating stuff. Stop pretending it doesn't exist.

TBF, he's not defending or excusing children being blown up is he? He's referencing a specific engagement. Or are you suggesting nobody has ever commended the BA for any action they carried out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sinn Fein thread. The IRA disbanded. I know it's tough to talk current politics, but sure give it a go?

You all seem very keen to stay away from the past.:confused:

Well, it is the current affairs forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I posted an article about a FG tax scam from 2001 and got given out to by a guy for bringing up the past and who then went onto to rant about something that happened over 40 years ago. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

TBF, he's not defending or excusing children being blown up is he? He's referencing a specific engagement. Or are you suggesting nobody has ever commended the BA for any action they carried out?

He is defending terrorist atrocities. As I said already, find something similar in a British thread.

You won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He is defending terrorist atrocities. As I said already, find something similar in a British thread.

You won't.

I'd almost swear that you would have posted in the same threads as the poster named "maryishere" blanch.

And he or she is top of my head, to imply there are no pro-british/Anti Irish posters on these threads is patently untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Better advise your fellow travelers,then .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Here is one for a start where a poster calls the killing of 18 people a "good operation". ............t.

It was a very successsful attack on crown forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »

A prophet as well our Leo!

Bots cued:D

A prophet as well our Leo!

Bots cued:D

FG meaning for 'bots' = someone who disagrees with them.

You won't.

No he's not. He said that particular operation was a good operation. You are mixing up support or an understanding of the IRA with 'defending terrorist atrocities'.
    The IRA were not about inviting the BA for tea and scones.
    It's akin to you calling Johnson, the Queen, anyone with a poppy of 'defending terrorist atrocities'. A bit silly.

I guess trolling shinners is something to distract from 2 more homeless needless deaths on 1st cold night of the winter....its to dip to minus 1 tonight,how many will die tonight from their housing policy last 12 years or so??...

Callous arrogance of FG and their support is somewhat galling....they pontificate day and night about the ira killings 40 years ago,while turning a blind eye to homeless deaths on their watch....hypocrites through and through

Qiuit with the boloxology.
    Are SF responsible for the, homeless deaths in NI as they're in govt up there?
    The highest death rate of homeless people in the UK and Ireland is in the north.
    But you chose a cheap shot at the govt here.
    Grow up. Most homeless people have serious issues.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-homeless-deaths-account-for-quarter-of-uk-figures-38642522.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ya,and if we are to use the same criteria as uk,our homeless figures would be circa 40K

What serious issues had those 2 fellows last night,since you appear to to have expertise here?? .....2 people died on streets of dublin and noone gives a fcuk,from ffg supporters to shinners,,anyone concerned and wants a better country is sneered at and called boloxolgy,dump of a country...

We have badly badly lost our way...this isnt an ireland i want my kids to grow up in

Many people had to emigrate back in the 80s due to unemployment and made it work.

If you're not happy you could try the same.

Just a suggestion.

• Advertisement

Many people had to emigrate back in the 80s due to unemployment and made it work.

If you're not happy you could try the same.

Just a suggestion.

Very Trump sentiment that.
    Maybe pointing out issues need attending and voting for different politicians might be another option or will ye all move to Argentina or the like if FG are ousted?

Ya,and if we are to use the same criteria as uk,our homeless figures would be circa 40K

What serious issues had those 2 fellows last night,since you appear to to have expertise here?? .....2 people died on streets of dublin and noone gives a fcuk,from ffg supporters to shinners,,anyone concerned and wants a better country is sneered at and called boloxolgy,dump of a country...

We have badly badly lost our way...this isnt an ireland i want my kids to grow up in

You grew up in it I assume?
    You're metric for attaching blame for everything wrong on the govt is boloxology as is your assumption of how people feel over tragedies.
    You can stick your assumption on my feelings anyway where the sun don't shine you nice fella you.
    Now back to SF on the SF thread, how many murders and rapes, kidnapping and dissapearence as well as kneecap pings and other types of torture would you say they have excused in their time.
    Your little faux outrage outburst doesn't fool me one bit.

You grew up in it I assume?
    You're metric for attaching blame for everything wrong on the govt is boloxology as is your assumption of how people feel over tragedies.
    You can stick your assumption on my feelings anyway where the sun don't shine you nice fella you.
    Now back to SF on the SF thread, how many murders and rapes, kidnapping and dissapearence as well as kneecap pings and other types of torture would you say they have excused in their time.
    Your little faux outrage outburst doesn't fool me one bit.

I give up...how many?

And could you link to where they have 'excused' it?

I give up...how many?

And could you link to where they have 'excused' it?

No

Fail to see relevence??,but yes

Yes,government is ultimately responsible for runming the country,its hardly a new concept

Charming and v.uncalled for,rattled as fcuk :pac:

Zero....how many have sf done this century??

What,yous honesty think,people who want a better ireland and a better society are fake...i have a fair description in mind, for yous lot alright

Now since your such an expert and were happy to imply those people what died last night had serious issues,what were they??

Bish is asking you 'not to blame the government and in the governments defence immediately turned around and blamed SF in government for NI's figures. :confused: :rolleyes:

Confused? Stay tuned for more, no doubt.

Fail to see relevence??,but yes

Yes,government is ultimately responsible for runming the country,its hardly a new concept

Charming and v.uncalled for,rattled as fcuk :pac:

Zero....how many have sf done this century??

What,yous honesty think,people who want a better ireland and a better society are fake...i have a fair description in mind, for yous lot alright

Now since your such an expert and were happy to imply those people what died last night had serious issues,what were they??

I don't know.
    But the poor man in the, tent came, down from SF governed NI yesterday.
    I presume he thought he might get help here he wouldn't get there.

Bish is asking you 'not to blame the government and in the governments defence immediately turned around and blamed SF in government for NI's figures. :confused: :rolleyes:

Confused? Stay tuned for more, no doubt.

Bish is on the SF thread here. Keeping it on topic.

Why did he not??

Noone.should be sleeping or dying on our streets.....whats the point of this supposed econmic miracle or having all.this billions from multinationals,if our most vunerable are left to die on the streets?

Same as that black fellow during the election,mangled up with a digger,but hes a,homeless and b,an immigrant so it deosnt matter.....noone speaks up for these people?

Sure you're at it aren't you!
    The Black fellow?
    Yes really caring individual you are;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Why did he not??

Noone.should be sleeping or dying on our streets.....whats the point of this supposed econmic miracle or having all.this billions from multinationals,if our most vunerable are left to die on the streets?

Same as that black fellow during the election,mangled up with a digger,but hes a,homeless and b,an immigrant so it deosnt matter.....noone speaks up for these people?

Remember Jonathan Corrie?

He sold 2 houses his family bought him and ended up on the streets.

His family gave up on him.

Then he died.

I suppose you blame Leo Varadkar for his death yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I guess trolling shinners is something to distract from 2 more homeless needless deaths on 1st cold night of the winter....its to dip to minus 1 tonight,how many will die tonight from their housing policy last 12 years or so??...

Callous arrogance of FG and their support is somewhat galling....they pontificate day and night about the ira killings 40 years ago,while turning a blind eye to homeless deaths on their watch....hypocrites through and through

A) FF and the Greens are also in government now, with a FF TD having the housing portfolio.
    B) SF are in government in the North where homelessness is much worse than in the ROI, in fact NI account for 1/4 of the UK's homelessness.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-homeless-deaths-account-for-quarter-of-uk-figures-38642522.html?fbclid=IwAR2NEjap32EbxDwU1KdDrJN3gEZfPfrwHRkJR8iBBEHOzcaMUVBLo4VMiqA

SF should not be throwing stones about homelessness when under their watch they have some of the worst homelessness in Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement