Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    SF ROI is giving out about homeless figures in the ROI, when we have SF UK MLA's acting as minister for communities, in charge of public housing raising rents.

This is blatant hypocrisy. Nothing else. It should and will be called out, every day of the week.

Different politicians representing different arrears in different jurisdictions. Your laboured effort at a point is nonsense. Maybe address the criticisms made instead of trying to hide or divert?

theballz wrote: »
    Possibly.

But one thing is undeniable, SF is linked to terrorist groups (not just the IRA,) they are heavily linked to the Kinahan cartel.

Give over. Talk about posting lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    No it's not. The SF politicians in the south represent the south. The ones in the north pushed for an all island tackling of Covid.

It's no pass, anyone who elected a SF politician in the south want representation in the south. You're talking complete nonsense.
    Senior hurling? You are the lads making the balls of the match and looking to another game in a different field :)
    Different politicians representing different arrears in different jurisdictions. Your laboured effort at a point is nonsense. Maybe address the criticisms made instead of trying to hide or divert?

That is a complete cop-out.

In effect, you are saying that Sinn Fein are entitled to be as duplicitous as they want to be, having hyopcritically different positions on issues North and South. That might be acceptable to you, but we are not all that accepting of such duplicity.

As for addressing the criticisms made, we are on the SF thread, so I think that one is on you, as one of the leading defenders of all things SF.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1126/1180563-cabinet-sub-committee-covid-19/

"Speaking outside the Dáil, she said: "There is no serious suggestion that people won't cross the border""

Mary-Lou encouraging people to break travel restrictions again. Is it all just about posturing for a united Ireland and nothing to do with people's lives? So careless and heartless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1126/1180563-cabinet-sub-committee-covid-19/

"Speaking outside the Dáil, she said: "There is no serious suggestion that people won't cross the border""

Mary-Lou encouraging people to break travel restrictions again. Is it all just about posturing for a united Ireland and nothing to do with people's lives? So careless and heartless.

Lol..... Blanch posted this.....
    If there is a way to twist something that Leo has been said, it will be followed. That is the agenda.

Leo is rightly feared by the Sinn Fein supporters on here hence their almost maniacal focus on him. He has maintained his popularity through tough times.

In response to this.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1331867432898744326?s=19

Considering a spokesperson for the Taoiseach said this......
    "There is no talk or no plans for that at the moment," said a spokesperson for the Taoiseach. "There has never been a ban on North-South travel, nor will there be."

Shows you what you are up against on this site.
    Blanch wrote:
    Mary-Lou encouraging people to break travel restrictions again. Is it all just about posturing for a united Ireland and nothing to do with people's lives? So careless and heartless

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

That is a complete cop-out.

In effect, you are saying that Sinn Fein are entitled to be as duplicitous as they want to be, having hyopcritically different positions on issues North and South. That might be acceptable to you, but we are not all that accepting of such duplicity.

As for addressing the criticisms made, we are on the SF thread, so I think that one is on you, as one of the leading defenders of all things SF.

Nope, you are the one making the nonsense claims, (while backing up Mark's ones).
    Mark stated and you supported that politicians based in this jurisdiction, elected in this jurisdiction had some cheek commenting on the **** balls of the FF/FG/Green government because of what other elected politicians in another jurisdiction are involved in. That my friend is complete escapist nonsense.

Indeed, but it is the criticism of your hurlers on the pitch has youse looking over to another game in another field. If you want to address criticism of FG in this jurisdiction, or SF for this jurisdiction, stick to this jurisdiction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I hope you've gone to the Gardai with your evidence.

John Finucane is Daniel Kinahans solicitor and represents MTK - open your eyes.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Lol..... Blanch posted this.....

In response to this.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1331867432898744326?s=19

Considering a spokesperson for the Taoiseach said this......

Shows you what you are up against on this site.

:pac:

So you think that people can travel more than 5km under Level 5 to Northern Ireland and out of their county under Level 3 to Northern Ireland?

No wonder Covid is spreading, the way some people interpret the rules.

Nope, you are the one making the nonsense claims, (while backing up Mark's ones).
    Mark stated and you supported that politicians based in this jurisdiction, elected in this jurisdiction had some cheek commenting on the **** balls of the FF/FG/Green government because of what other elected politicians in another jurisdiction are involved in. That my friend is complete escapist nonsense.

It isn't nonsense, unless you give Sinn Fein a free pass to be duplicitous and hypocritical. I don't give them that pass, hence it isn't nonsense.

We can hear what Sinn Fein say in the South, we can see what they do (or in this case don't do) in the North. You accept what they say, I look at what they do. Think I'm on solider ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It isn't nonsense, unless you give Sinn Fein a free pass to be duplicitous and hypocritical. I don't give them that pass, hence it isn't nonsense.

We can hear what Sinn Fein say in the South, we can see what they do (or in this case don't do) in the North. You accept what they say, I look at what they do. Think I'm on solider ground.

What do they not do?
    They tailor policy to two different systems. One is a government and the other is an 'Executive' answerable and beholden to a government in Westminster.

As said in the fact check on Leo's lie and as accepted by those who know what they are talking about, those systems cannot be compared like for like.
    The trite and agenda driven can of course fool the uninformed by calling party's 'duplicitous and hypocritical'. And those who know the difference also know you are on very shaky watery ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So you think that people can travel more than 5km under Level 5 to Northern Ireland and out of their county under Level 3 to Northern Ireland?

Blanch you obviously forgot or didn't reread what you posted - I advise you do so.

This is what you posted.

No, she didn't she did exactly the same as what Leo did yesterday when he upstaged Michaél with his "we know people will do it anyway" remarks.

So, she didn't "encourage" anyone to cross the border, she did the same as Leo did, stated the bloody obvious!

The fact I also highlighted that you posted this.
    If there is a way to twist something that Leo has been said, it will be followed. That is the agenda.
    Sailed straight over your head.
    No wonder Covid is spreading, the way some people interpret the rules.

Indeed, but obviously that doesn't extend to Supreme Court Judges (going by your standard)

This is a completely circular line of discussion.
    Nonsense.

The politicians that make up SF in the south have a duty to represent people in the south. They were democratically elected to do so. It's that simple.

If SF in the north were pushing for and carrying out the same policies and getting the same results as FF/FG/Greens in the south, you still would be talking nonsense on this. It's completely laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Blanch you obviously forgot or didn't reread what you posted - I advise you do so.

This is what you posted.

No, she didn't she did exactly the same as what Leo did yesterday when he upstaged Michaél with his "we know people will do it anyway" remarks.

So, she didn't "encourage" anyone to cross the border, she did the same as Leo did, stated the bloody obvious!

The fact I also highlighted that you posted this.

Sailed straight over your head.

Indeed, but obviously that doesn't extend to Supreme Court Judges (going by your standard)

When people can't even admit to the party they really follow I thing that tells ya everything you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So if the SF UK minister in charge of housing is rasing rents for public housing in NI, we should all just say nothing when SF ROI are giving out about housing in the south.

It seems you want nothing bad to be said about SF NI as its in a different jurisdiction. How very partitionist of you.

markodaly wrote: »
    So if the SF UK minister in charge of housing is rasing rents for public housing in NI, we should all just say nothing when SF ROI are giving out about housing in the south.

It seems you want nothing bad to be said about SF NI as its in a different jurisdiction. How very partitionist of you.

You stated SF representatives, elected in the South shouldn't criticise the government in the south and you based that on what other representatives in another jurisdiction in another power shared satellite body are party to. Thats nonsense. Thats what I'm saying.

Slag off SF in the North all you like or SF in the south for that matter. Couldn't care less. When FF/FG/Greens are criticised by SF, maybe address the criticism. Be more productive and less ridiculous.
    Its the need for FG'ers to hide behind shinners that has youse winning in elections ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

smurgen wrote: »
    When people can't even admit to the party they really follow I thing that tells ya everything you need to know.

Remind me, which party do you really follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That's a curious one and an old one. Not sure why the UUP are revisiting it. From May 2020

Ulster Unionist Party MLA Doug Beattie asked “just how and why someone with the expansive means of Gerry Adams – through book sales and pensions from Westminster, Stormont and the Dáil, plus property owned – be entitled to legal aid when so many victims are told they are not entitled to it?”

But Mr Collins of PJ McGrory solicitors in Belfast said there is a separate legal-aid system in criminal appeal cases. “Unlike every other type of legal aid in criminal appeal cases it is the court that decides whether someone gets legal aid,” he said.

In other cases, applications were made to the legal aid department which examined issues such as the financial means of the applicant.

Mr Collins added that in criminal appeal cases the chief focus was on whether the case had merit and in this instance the court of appeal, while rejecting Mr Adams’s case, “certified there was a point of law of general public importance”.

“Because of that it was considered entirely appropriate to take this case to the supreme court, a decision that was vindicated by the supreme court ruling,” said Mr Collins.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/unionists-criticise-106-000-legal-aid-payment-to-gerry-adams-1.4259505?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fireland%2Firish-news%2Funionists-criticise-106-000-legal-aid-payment-to-gerry-adams-1.4259505

I think it was a SF supporter on another thread who complained about the €250 going to students who weren't on grants and who he felt didn't deserve it.

Now we have Legal Aid being given to a rich man like Adams whose combined pensions would be far more than the average salary, a man who could afford to be flown to the US for surgery.

"“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”"

The people are the creatures outside being taken for fools by the Sinn Fein pigs who pretend to be different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I think it was a SF supporter on another thread who complained about the €250 going to students who weren't on grants and who he felt didn't deserve it.

Now we have Legal Aid being given to a rich man like Adams whose combined pensions would be far more than the average salary, a man who could afford to be flown to the US for surgery.

"“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”"

The people are the creatures outside being taken for fools by the Sinn Fein pigs who pretend to be different.

Or is it not to do with that ex FG councillor who was calling out SF over the £4 million inheritance, and then it was discovered that he had got his degree on the back of a scheme which had already expired and he shouldn't have availed of.

These blueshirts they really are a lousy shower.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Or is it not to do with that ex FG councillor who was calling out SF over the £4 million inheritance, and then it was discovered that he had got his degree on the back of a scheme which had already expired and he shouldn't have availed of.

These blueshirts they really are a lousy shower.

There is always a whataboutery defence of Gerry Adams, even one as obscure as yours that I don't know what you are talking about.

On the subject of degrees did Pearse ever get the one he claimed he had?

There is always a whataboutery defence of Gerry Adams, even one as obscure as yours that I don't know what you are talking about.

Dont really care. Just throwing in some whataboutery to balance your own.

The court, because of the type of case it was, decided to award Aid. That's my reading of it. I don't think Adams made an application.
    Mr Adams’ solicitor Seamus Collins said: “The decision to award Gerry Adams legal aid for this Supreme Court case did not involve any assessment of Gerry Adams’ means.

“The decision was made by the court itself, primarily on the merits of his case, in which the Court of Appeal in NI certified that it involved a point of law of general public importance.”
    That is confirmed by the department responsible:
    “Mr Adams was granted legal aid by the Court of Appeal. The grant of legal aid for criminal cases before the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court are not subject to any financial eligibility test.

“The Supreme Court has, further to representations from the Secretary of State against who costs were originally awarded, amended the terms of its original order which it considered was inappropriate.

“Mr Adams will have his costs met by legal aid in line with the legislation and direction of the Court.”

Doug Beattie also seems to be talking through his hat about legal aid costs spiralling. Also walked himself into a rap on the knuckles from Naomi Long for being a hypocrite like that FG fella mentioned above.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/concern-over-supreme-court-legal-aid-gerry-adams-3047834

Didn't see that one myself? Are you making things up to suit your angle?
    Not sure what its got to do with Adams, actually quite sure its absolutely nothing.
    Desperate times for FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Oh I seen that alright. Really you have to wonder the level of bitterness that someone has to complain about a student getting a few euro.

Oh I seen that alright. Really you have to wonder the level of bitterness that someone has to complain about a student getting a few euro.

You did? Maybe one of youse can post a quote?
    I can think of worse, making up such an unrelated claim and trying to wedge it in on an Adams discussion. Pretty poor indeed and to make it up too...tsk tsk. As I say, desperate times for FF/FG.

Here ye are, one of your own,

The court, because of the type of case it was, decided to award Aid. That's my reading of it. I don't think Adams made an application.

That is confirmed by the department responsible:

Doug Beattie also seems to be talking through his hat about legal aid costs spiralling. Also walked himself into a rap on the knuckles from Naomi Long for being a hypocrite like that FG fella mentioned above.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/concern-over-supreme-court-legal-aid-gerry-adams-3047834

If the man had any decency (I know, a forlorn hope), he would have turned it down.

• Advertisement

If the man had any decency (I know, a forlorn hope), he would have turned it down.

Why would you expect anyone to be out of pocket attempting to clear their name?

Speaks volumes that the British understand that more than you.

Anyway, another 'get Gerry' attempt goes up in smoke. Ready to give up yet? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement