Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why would you expect anyone to be out of pocket attempting to clear their name?

Speaks volumes that the British understand that more than you.

Anyway, another 'get Gerry' attempt goes up in smoke. Ready to give up yet? :)

So Denis O'Brien should get legal aid every time he sues for libel?

Whenever you dream up a principle to defend Gerry, it blows up in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

theballz wrote: »
    John Finucane is Daniel Kinahans solicitor and represents MTK - open your eyes.

thats very unusual for a solicitor to represent a criminal:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69,010 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    So Denis O'Brien should get legal aid every time he sues for libel?

Whenever you dream up a principle to defend Gerry, it blows up in your face.

No principle involved blanch. The man attempted to clear his name, and the court decided it was warranted and awarded him his costs.

You, nor I don't know what he did with the money, but I reckon he paid his legal team.

Not sure what your problem is with this.

No principle involved blanch. The man attempted to clear his name, and the court decided it was warranted and awarded him his costs.

You, nor I don't know what he did with the money, but I reckon he paid his legal team.

Not sure what your problem is with this.

That is a principle.
    Why would you expect anyone to be out of pocket attempting to clear their name?

Applying it outside the World of Gerry shows it to be flawed.

That is a principle.

Applying it outside the World of Gerry shows it to be flawed.

It's a principle of the British system that nobody should be out of pocket challenging the validity of their system.
    Because it's a Shinner or Irish person you think it is flawed.
    Says more about you than anything else.

• Advertisement

It's a principle of the British system that nobody should be out of pocket challenging the validity of their system.

Whatever, I don't believe that rich people like Denis O'Brien and Gerry Adams should get free Legal Aid. You do, so that's where we differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Very FG to pick and chose what laws apply to what people.

Whatever, I don't believe that rich people like Denis O'Brien and Gerry Adams should get free Legal Aid. You do, so that's where we differ.

Well, I don't think Gerry will be looking for FF FG and the Greens to waive rules if he gets caught up in Covid lockdowns.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/revenue-relaxes-183-day-rule-on-tax-exiles-forced-to-stay-by-lockdown-nf0ws6p7q

Well, I don't think Gerry will be looking for FF FG and the Greens to waive rules if he gets caught up in Covid lockdowns.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/revenue-relaxes-183-day-rule-on-tax-exiles-forced-to-stay-by-lockdown-nf0ws6p7q

Another paywall article, without any comment.

Pretty pointless to post that.

https://www.thejournal.ie/christopher-robinson-sentenced-adrian-ismay-murder-5280619-Nov2020/

Terrorist campaigns inspire imitators, the legacy of the PIRA lives on in these men. Dreadful stuff.

• Advertisement

Another paywall article, without any comment.

Pretty pointless to post that.

Not hard to work out what I am referring to in that.

Whatever blanch, you took one of Brendi's baits and it turns out you highlighted one of the many fair and good things in the British justice system. Pity it took a shinner to do that for you.

https://www.thejournal.ie/christopher-robinson-sentenced-adrian-ismay-murder-5280619-Nov2020/

Terrorist campaigns inspire imitators, the legacy of the PIRA lives on in these men. Dreadful stuff.

Yep, nobody ever killed anyone until the shinners. :):)

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1127/1180853-ni-covid-19/

Very sad to be reading this. The situation up North in respect of the virus is catastrophic. There has been a failure of governance and the two main parties have let the people down.

"Hospitals in Northern Ireland recorded their highest number of Covid-19-related deaths in the week to 20 November, official figures show."

That is just awful.

Not hard to work out what I am referring to in that.

Whatever blanch, you took one of Brendi's baits and it turns out you highlighted one of the many fair and good things in the British justice system. Pity it took a shinner to do that for you.

Well, I haven't a clue. My guess is some unconnected whataboutery.

Well, I haven't a clue. My guess is some unconnected whataboutery.

Well you mentioned Denis O'Brien (not me) and the article is about the Irish government allowing
    Tax exiles, who are usually limited to spending only 183 days in Ireland, will be allowed to remain longer this year, without taxation consequences, if they can prove to Revenue they were forced to stay because of the coronavirus.
    Is Gerry a tax exile? Is your comparison fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ireland, the United States, France...all borne from terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Bowie wrote: »

Something to note, given that today is the centenary of the Kilmichael ambush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Odhinn wrote: »
    Something to note, given that today is the centenary of the Kilmichael ambush.

Charlie Flanagan is probably laying a wreath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Charlie Flanagan is probably laying a wreath.

Hope he reads the plaque while he's at it.

https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/1332633868046913536?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

Bowie wrote: »

So was England and its empire.

Lets not buy into the narrative that they and their quislings occupied 3/4 of the planet through peace and love.

Strange that there is no ''Holocaust day'' equivalent for the victims of the British empire given their crimes far exceeded the Nazis. An empire that systematically murdered, cleansed and enslaved the indigenous people of North America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Ireland over centuries for profit/capitalism that remains the cause of most regional conflict to this day.

Really puts politicians in Ireland bending the knee, wearing poppies, to ''commemorate'' British forces and their terror into perspective. Zero self respect as Irish people imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

spacet wrote: »

Lets not buy into the narrative that they and their quislings occupied 3/4 of the planet through peace and love.

Strange that there is no ''Holocaust day'' equivalent for the victims of the British empire given their crimes far exceeded the Nazis. An empire that systematically murdered, cleansed and enslaved the indigenous people of North America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Ireland over centuries for profit/capitalism that remains the cause of most regional conflict to this day.

Really puts politicians in Ireland bending the knee, wearing poppies, to ''commemorate'' British forces and their terror into perspective. Zero self respect as Irish people imho.

Let me guess, we should still be fighting a war in the North or something to that effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger for a third post..... all the Shinner buzz words there ..

Empire...enslaved...bending the knee..British forces....quislings

Expect more on this I would opine...

markodaly wrote: »
    Let me guess, we should still be fighting a war in the North or something to that effect?

No, peace is a precious thing. Long may it continue on this island. Politics has and is achieving great things in Ulster after decades of completely unnecessary apartheid, bigotry and injustice toward one section of society. An acceptable level of equality for all has been achieved at the moment but there's still a road to go. See the Finucane family as just one of hundreds of examples.

How did you come to a conclusion of ''still be fighting a war in the North or something'' from a simple statement on accountability for acts of terror? Bit odd Mark.

Lot of anger for a third post..... all the Shinner buzz words there ..

Empire...enslaved...bending the knee..British forces....quislings

Expect more on this I would opine...

Good to know Brendan.

Any other observations about the content of the post or no? Do you think a day recognizing Britain's atrocities around the globe appropriate or are you one of those bend the knee type apologists?

Good to know Brendan.

Any other observations about the content of the post or no? Do you think a day recognizing Britain's atrocities around the globe appropriate or are you one of those bend the knee type apologists?

A few guys around who angrily believe everyone but the British must atone for their past.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,728 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

En__yjrW8AEsW_s?format=jpg&name=small

What a reprehensible tweet. This is the standard for SF representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

En__yjrW8AEsW_s?format=jpg&name=small

What a reprehensible tweet. This is the standard for SF representatives.

See no issue. Be more worried about this sort of tweeting from the FF side. I wonder will the Wicklow FF secretary face disciplinary action for this?

https://twitter.com/marty_ardmhacha/status/1332831239137583104?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

smurgen wrote: »
    See no issue. Be more worried about this sort of tweeting from the FF side. I wonder will the Wicklow FF secretary face disciplinary action for this?

If there is no issue with his tweet, then why has he deleted it and apologised?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

How does that tweet advance the cause for a United Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If there is no issue with his tweet, then why has he deleted it and apologised?

Because of the uproar it’s going to cause in the next few days , unfortunately as Leo said in the Dail they have a habit of letting their Balaclavas slip . Motor mouth Doherty should be looking for his resignation in the morning? Oh wait he is one of their own ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement