Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not sure why people are constantly surprised a Shinner would praise the IRA tbh.

Kilmichael = good. Narrow Water = bad.

Both were equally savage acts of violence where real people died.

donvito99 wrote: »
    How does that tweet advance the cause for a United Ireland?

:D:D Don't unionists want to commemorate a bloody battle on the streets if there is a UI?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

:D:D Don't unionists want to commemorate a bloody battle on the streets if there is a UI?

It's almost as if SF need partition to justify their own political existence?

The irony of the greatest steps towards a UI being taken by FG in recent years, and FF before that isn't lost on all of us. Should they play into the hands of the unionists also?

It's almost as if SF need partition to justify their own political existence?

The irony of the greatest steps towards a UI being taken by FG in recent years, and FF before that isn't lost on all of us. Should they play into the hands of the unionists also?

You've lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

spacet wrote: »
    Good to know Brendan.

Any other observations about the content of the post or no? Do you think a day recognizing Britain's atrocities around the globe appropriate or are you one of those bend the knee type apologists?

Guess I was proved right... atrocities....bend the knee...

Happy I have a knee to bend, pal...a lot of folk unable to do that.

• Advertisement

And you will have to live in a country where some people won't bend the knee Brendi.

And you will have to live in a country where some people won't bend the knee Brendi.

Idiots, Franci, every country has them.

Don Quixote types, tilting at windmills, bitter and twisted idealists.

Life is for living, Coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

Guess I was proved right... atrocities....bend the knee...

Yeah, all those dead Iraqi's can't bend anything thanks to England and its empire. Good point.

I asked you a question Brendan. Man up and answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,803 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If there is no issue with his tweet, then why has he deleted it and apologised?

The tweet was disgusting..

And people need to park their ridiculous defense of parties and call things as they are..

We are meant to be moving on, healing, building bridges, peace and harmony

For a TD to come out with that is shameful..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

walshb wrote: »
    The tweet was disgusting..

And people need to park their ridiculous defense of parties and call things as they are..

We are meant to be moving on, healing, building bridges, peace and harmony

For a TD to come out with that is shameful..

It was historically accurate and sadly true but not politically adept in these right on times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

How does that tweet advance the cause for a United Ireland?
    SF are the single biggest thing standing between us now and a united Ireland. And tweets like that show why - what unionist could possibly think they will be safe in a United Ireland if SF are in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

hmmm wrote: »
    SF are the single biggest thing standing between us now and a united Ireland. And tweets like that show why - what unionist could possibly think they will be safe in a United Ireland if SF are in charge?

That old line has been trotted out for years. The fact that the Tanaiste is gay is a bigger block at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bigger than the DUP?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

Completely agree.......... Can you imagine SF in control of the confidential state documents, the Justice Dept or hand picking unqualified judges. Trumpian levels of Danger.

Unionists work on a daily basis with SF. Probably them. Your argument is nonsense.

Good lord. Somebody from this state that left nationalists at the mercy of a bigoted sectarian state for 80 or more years comes out with that mouthful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

This thread has gone to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

smurgen wrote: »
    Bigger than the DUP?

FGers love the DUP, Jeffery comes down for the ard fheis,takes selfies with his buddy butters, sings the Sash and God save the Queen,

I see that lad Stanley couldn’t hold back..........

True colors exposed, not the first time I understand.

Good girl Audey Carville - landing Gregory Campbell on his hypocritical ass on RTE.

Sooner the conversation is had about the hypocrisy that goes on about ALL the violence perpetuated on this island the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

He should be booted out for his tweet, its funny you really here a NI SF politician making a comment like that in modern times ( not saying it never happens ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Good girl Audey Carville - landing Gregory Campbell on his hypocritical ass on RTE.

Sooner the conversation is had about the hypocrisy that goes on about ALL the violence perpetuated on this island the better.

If we had a clue what you're talking about it might help.
    Thinking out loud isn't helping me on that.
    What's your view on Stanley's deleted tweet?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ni-first-minister-to-write-to-chair-of-the-dail-over-shameful-tweet-sent-by-sinn-fein-td-on-the-murder-of-british-soldiers-39807375.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Stanley's greatest crime was using the "d" instead of "the" before "British Army"

Narrow water was a fairly successful operation by the provos in fairness. Stanley should have realised that today's society is too politically correct and right on to publicly voice his admiration for it though.

Kilmiachel good, narrow water bad?

I've no problem with the tweet myself in case anyone was left with any doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Look,do any of the FG'ers here think that SF politicians don't revere the IRA
    I've got news for you then
    They do
    Get over it
    Brian Stanley made a mistake
    He posted a tweet supporting the recent IRA campaign
    Thats not politically correct at the moment
    Its so frowned upon,it caused an MP in the North to have to resign
    Its also very counter inclusive
    Thats why Brian Stanley's tweet is gone
    He won't be doing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

From the Irish Independent:

"Before it was deleted, Mr Stanlys tweet received 500 likes."

It was also retweeted 69 times. Sad to see the Shinnerbot Twitterati at work like that.

He should stand down from his position as Chair of the PAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »
    See no issue. Be more worried about this sort of tweeting from the FF side. I wonder will the Wicklow FF secretary face disciplinary action for this?

https://twitter.com/marty_ardmhacha/status/1332831239137583104?s=19

You claimed last week you're not a SF supporter.

Are you standing by this claim?

We live in a country where many people cannot bend their knee thanks to the IRA. Crippled for life by criminal thugs.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We live in a country where many people cannot bend their knee thanks to the IRA. Crippled for life by criminal thugs.

And blanch?

Any mention for all the others injured and killed by the violence perpretrated on this island?

More of the 'look the other way' hypocrisy here like Gregory Campbell this morning. 'We can celebrate battles and killings every year and we demand we are allowed do that, and when we fraternise with unrepentent Loyalists we are not endorsing them...oh No, we are holier than that crowd over there. Or Charlie and Leo and the cohort on here, 'what savages are we that cannot. forgive and forget and pay respects to the Black and Tans?'

On it goes. As I say until there is a mature conversation about these things these issues will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Stanley's greatest crime was using the "d" instead of "the" before "British Army"

Narrow water was a fairly successful operation by the provos in fairness. Stanley should have realised that today's society is too politically correct and right on to publicly voice his admiration for it though.

Kilmiachel good, narrow water bad?

I've no problem with the tweet myself in case anyone was left with any doubt.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you maybe on some of that.
    It's not the action I'd be against as such Mc, it's the throwing it in the face of the people you're hoping by peaceful means youre hoping to bring with you into a peaceful UI.
    It's not yet the time for such glorification, and that yet may come, but tweets like that now entrenches and gives ammunition to the other side and actually slows the process.
    It's usually best to cross the finishing line before you start your celebrations.

• Advertisement

And blanch?

Any mention for all the others injured and killed by the violence perpretrated on this island?

More of the 'look the other way' hypocrisy here like Gregory Campbell this morning. 'We can celebrate battles and killings every year and we demand we are allowed do that, and when we fraternise with unrepentent Loyalists we are not endorsing them...oh No, we are holier than that crowd over there. Or Charlie and Leo and the cohort on here, 'what savages are we that cannot. forgive and forget and pay respects to the Black and Tans?'

On it goes. As I say until there is a mature conversation about these things these issues will continue.

Oh the constant whataboutery nonsense.

You mentioned bending the knee, I pointed out why many people cannot bend their knees in Ireland - the criminal thugs of the IRA who were supported by Sinn Fein. Kneecapping was an IRA tactic, not a British one. Why would I mention the British?

Man up and condemn Stanley. Your tired excuses for Sinn Fein have run out of road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement