Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Why would you want "some" to condemn his tweet?

It was a fairly successful operation, the IRA back then sent an excellent message to their oppressors.

A game of five aside wouldn't have sufficed.

Stanley should have known what was in store tweeting it, but I can't fault his sentiments.

It seems your party leader disagrees with you......

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/1130/1181356-brian-stanley-tweet/

"The vice-chair of PAC and Social Democrats co-leader Catherine Murphy said while Mr Stanley had apologised and deleted the tweet, this was not sufficient to resolve the matter.

Ms Murphy told RTÉ News she was appalled by the tweet, adding Mr Stanley's actions so far are not sufficient and there cannot be "business as usual" at the PAC on Wednesday."

........or are you still a Social Democrats voter? Will her condemnation of Stanley be enough to change your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

spacet wrote: »
    Completely agree.......... Can you imagine SF in control of the confidential state documents, the Justice Dept or hand picking unqualified judges. Trumpian levels of Danger.

Unionists work on a daily basis with SF. Probably them. Your argument is nonsense.

Unthinkable, especially the confidential state documents. Lets hope that if they do get into power they don't start using WhatsApp to share them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You need someone that people respect on the public accounts committee.

I simply could not respect Stanley going forward and he is the chairman?

A total shambles.

I am astonished this is still an issue, he should have gone yesterday.

The 'usual cohort' so.

Imagine if it was a FG TD who had confessed to wrongdoing is all you need to here blanch. How did the last instance of that go?

Why do you think some people go to jail for forty years and others get the Probation Act? It depends on the seriousness of the wrongdoing.

Varadkar isn't a sectarian racist like Stanley, calling a nation of people slow learners. It is vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,003 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Unthinkable, especially the confidential state documents. Lets hope that if they do get into power they don't start using WhatsApp to share them.

:D:D

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You need someone that people respect on the public accounts committee.

I simply could not respect Stanley going forward and he is the chairman?

A total shambles.

I am astonished this is still an issue, he should have gone yesterday.

A high profile poster here thinks the PAC is a toothless, useless entity...no biggie who chairs it so....oh wait, they are DEMANDING he resign from the toothless useless entity. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why do you think some people go to jail for forty years and others get the Probation Act? It depends on the seriousness of the wrongdoing.

Varadkar isn't a sectarian racist like Stanley, calling a nation of people slow learners. It is vile.

Racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Stanley really is a disgrace, he should be gone and he should be dismissed, and even though he's deleted his tweet, he thought it and he said it, and he owns it ..

What a unpleasant person.

Stanley really is a disgrace, he should be gone and he should be dismissed, and even though he's deleted his tweet, he thought it and he said it, and he owns it ..

What a unpleasant person.

OMG he 'thought' it. We must stop that carry on immediately. :):)

A high profile poster here thinks the PAC is a toothless, useless entity...no biggie who chairs it so....oh wait, they are DEMANDING he resign from the toothless useless entity. :D

By remaining on the PAC at this point he is simply undermining Matt Carthy and Imelda Munster. He is destroying their reputation also.

He needs to go.

• Advertisement

By remaining on the PAC at this point he is simply undermining Matt Carthy and Imelda Munster. He is destroying their reputation also.

He needs to go.

There is money in it. Sinn Fein are the kings of the empty gesture that doesn't cost the party money.

He needs to go.

Totally disagree.

OMG he 'thought' it. We must stop that carry on immediately. :):)

The thought it refers to the fact that he's deleted it, in other words he thought about it and put it out there on Twitter.

Then like a weasel that he is, he deleted it.

Yes, he thought it would be a good tweet, but he was wrong. Shows very poor character.

The thought it refers to the fact that he's deleted it, in other words he put it out there on Twitter.

Yes, he thought it would be a good tweet, but he was wrong. Shows very poor character.

Massively this.

He hasn't even got the courage of his own conviction.

Slimeball.

Massively this.

He hasn't even got the courage of his own conviction.

Slimeball.

What makes you think that?

He reconsidered the sensitivity of it.

The thought it refers to the fact that he's deleted it, in other words he thought about it and put it out there on Twitter.

How many over the years have had second thoughts about tweets and are still in position?

What makes you think that?

He reconsidered the sensitivity of it.

He sounds like a sensitive soul all right.

Sinn Fein. The gift that keeps on giving. Mask has well and truly slipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

All he is doing is highlighting the failure of the IRA. NI is still British and the British branch of his party works for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sinn Fein. The gift that keeps on giving. Mask has well and truly slipped.

They haven't gone away you know.

• Advertisement

They haven't gone away you know.

Listening to a former British Soldier describing the scene they came upon after the 1979 attack was heartbreaking. He’d joined up with some of them and had to help pick pieces of their bodies out of trees.

Listening to a former British Soldier describing the scene they came upon after the 1979 attack was heartbreaking. He’d joined up with some of them and had to help pick pieces of their bodies out of trees.

Did you not realise the damage war and conflict can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This thing getting legs very quickly, looks like Stanley will have to at least step down.

You see, this is what right thinking folk realise, that if the Shinners get into power we will have a lot more of this kind of stuff, and rather than running the country economically , this kind of rubbish will come out in the open and Sabre rattling and triumphalism will increase expedentially.

I certainly don’t want to live under that kind of a regime, and I doubt if many other right thinking folk do either.

You will always get the auld bar stool war horses pumping out their propaganda.

Mr Smug O’Broin came on with his usual bland and generic rhetoric which only added to the heat.

I have to think Stanley has to go.

Imagine if you were the “soldier” picking your IRA chums guts out of trees. Shur, that’d be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What a completely disingenuous and foolish contribution we have there.

Imagine if you were the “soldier” picking your IRA chums guts out of trees. Shur, that’d be no problem.

I understand only too clearly that is what happens in a war conflict situation. There is NO good war in my book, they are all horrible things to happen and should never happen.

There you go again, I suspect you're actually a lot worse than Stanley, and you being only a 1st time SF voter :cool:

You never miss a chance to snipe and to defend Sinn Fein and the IRA.

Murder is murder, and Stanley knew what he was doing, until somebody gave him a prod?

And would you ever give over with you're war crap, it was a Terrorist campaign by the Provos against anybody who got in their way, you're really full of it today Francie.

There you go again, I suspect you're actually a lot worse than Stanley, and you being only a 1st time SF voter :cool:

You never miss a chance to snipe and to defend Sinn Fein and the IRA.

Murder is murder, and Stanley knew what he was doing until somebody gave him a prod.

I was asking a reasonable question. had the poster never before considered the reality of war and conflict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I was asking a reasonable question. had the poster never before considered the reality of war and conflict?

I suppose it's easier to be faux outraged if you pretend this is all new to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,798 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have to think Stanley has to go.

He absolutely should be gone...

But SF won't do a thing here.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement