Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,003 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Somebody on joe Duffy using a quote from Churchill as condemnation of the tweet.

Churchill - who sent the Black and Tans to Ireland outta love for us no doubt. Jaysus, the shark is being truly jumped today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Jesus Francie, why don't you apply for Stanley's job?
    Or maybe become some kind of mediator for ex IRA cons? You're right in there in every way according to your mindset on here.

Have you condemned Stanley's Tweet yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Somebody on joe Duffy using a quote from Churchill as condemnation of the tweet.

Churchill - who sent the Black and Tans to Ireland outta love for us no doubt. Jaysus, the shark is being truly jumped today. :)

Heard that. It was a very dishonest segment talking about Mountbatten in the context of the tweet regarding Warrenpoint. He'd nobody on from SF or even from an Irish perspective.

An Irish perspective?

Like most Irish people, I'm also disgusted at the tweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Why are ye listening to Joe Duffy?
    Move to Xmas fm FFS like everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,962 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    I suppose it's easier to be faux outraged if you pretend this is all new to you.

Faux outrage?

"The vice-chair of PAC and Social Democrats' co-leader Catherine Murphy said while Mr Stanley had apologised and deleted the tweet, this was not sufficient to resolve the matter.

Ms Murphy told RTÉ News she was appalled by the tweet, adding Mr Stanley's actions so far are not sufficient and there cannot be "business as usual" at the PAC on Wednesday."

Does that sound like faux outrage to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Jaysus somebody gave the FFG bots too much sugar in their coffee at lunchtime - they're all feckin' hyper lol

Bowie wrote: »
    Heard that. It was a very dishonest segment talking about Mountbatten in the context of the tweet regarding Warrenpoint. He'd nobody on from SF or even from an Irish perspective.
    An Irish perspective?

Unionists are not really Irish, despite the Shinners claiming that they are. Partitionists are not Irish either, despite them being born and bred.

You are only Irish if you have a Wolfe Tones record and have voted at least once for Sinn Fein.

Under those conditions, Bowie is right, there was no Irish perspective.

Or maybe become some kind of mediator for ex IRA cons? You're right in there in every way according to your mindset on here.

I think it was insensitive and he was right to delete it.

Why would I want Stanley's job? He is apparently very good at it according to most.

Why would you think somebody should resign for tweeting something insensitive they had to delete? Does that apply to everyone who has had to delete tweets, coz I can draw up a very long list.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Unionists are not really Irish, despite the Shinners claiming that they are. Partitionists are not Irish either, despite them being born and bred.

You are only Irish if you have a Wolfe Tones record and have voted at least once for Sinn Fein.

Unionists are Irish, I have argued long and hard on that point. Are you now convinced or does it just suit your outrage du jour?

• Advertisement

Why would you think somebody should resign for tweeting insensitvesomething they had to delete? Does that apply to everyone who has had to delete tweets, coz I can draw up a very long list.

He is obviously a waste of time, he is an apologist for murder, he is not fit to hold the position he holds, he is a total rotter, and by the sounds of it most other Irish* people on the radio today agree with me.

Irish* specially for you Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No use condemning Stanley’s tweet, Chops, what needs to happen now is Stanley to step down.

I wondered who would break the ‘omertà’ from the Shinners first.

This dude couldn’t wait to take the swipe, first one out of the traps.

Let’s see how ML will handle this one, because one thing is now becoming very apparent, Chairmanship of the PAC is not a runner now.

And anyone who can’t see that, in my opinion, has flawed thinking.

He is obviously a waste of time, he is an apologist for murder, he is not fit to hold the position he holds, he's a total rotter, and by the sounds of it most other Irish* people on the radio today agree with me.

SF wouldn't see the deaths of British soldiers in what they believe was a war as 'murder'.

The electorate are well aware of what SF believe, they were told often enough by FG and FF in the actual election and still made them the largest party by vote on the day.

SF wouldn't see the deaths of British soldiers in what they believe was a war as 'murder'.

Well at least you said 'they', which I guess gets you off the hook, for now.

Of course it was murder and anyone who suggests otherwise is a terrorist sympathiser. Any and all murders carried out by the Provos did not have our blessing, far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Jaysus somebody gave the FFG bots too much sugar in their coffee at lunchtime - they're all feckin' hyper lol

It was the SF gobshi*e that did it with his tweet. When are SF going to learn, I'm sure Mary Lou is tearing her hair out with them. With FG and FF tearing themselves apart all SF need to do is keep the head down not do things like this but some of them just can't help themselves.

Just like I think Varadkar should have lost his position and McEntee as well, I also think this SF TD should be removed from PAC and also from the front bench of SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Floppybits wrote: »
    It was the SF gobshi*e that did it with his tweet. When are SF going to learn, I'm sure Mary Lou is tearing her hair out with them. With FG and FF tearing themselves apart all SF need to do is keep the head down not do things like this but some of them just can't help themselves.

Just like I think Varadkar should have lost his position and McEntee as well, I also think this SF TD should be removed from PAC and also from the front bench of SF.

The fact that the others didn't lose their positions is a good enough reason why he should not step down........

The electorate are well aware of what SF believe, they were told often enough by FG and FF in the actual election and still made them the largest party by vote on the day.

I hope that the way you put that in the third party finally displays an understanding that Sinn Fein thinking is different to that of normal society and normal people.

Well at least you said 'they', which I guess gets you off the hook, for now.

Of course it was murder and anyone who suggests otherwise is a terrorist sympathiser. Any and all murders carried out by the Provos did not have our blessing, far from it.

The killings carried out using Shannon Airport don't have my blessing either...what is your point here? Are you claiming to speak for everybody on the island?

The people voting in larger and larger numbers for SF don't agree with you, simple as that.
    Again - it is an issue that needs open and frank discussion, not high moral ground onesided condemnations. A sovereign state was a player in the conflict/war here as it was when the ROI won it's freedom by similarly killing. Exactly what Stanley was getting at with the comparison to Kilmichael.

I hope that the way you put that in the third party finally displays an understanding that Sinn Fein thinking is different to that of normal society and normal people.

This isn't a normal society - it is a post conflict one, where many issues remain to be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The killings carried out using Shannon Airport don't have my blessing either...what is your point here? Are you claiming to speak for everybody on the island?

The people voting in larger and larger numbers for SF don't agree with you, simple as that.
    Again - it is an issue that needs open and frank discussion, not high moral ground onesided condemnations. A sovereign state was a player in the conflict/war here as it was when the ROI won it's freedom by similarly killing. Exactly what Stanley was getting at with the comparison to Kilmichael.

I wonder why he deleted it?

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »

Absolutely this lad has to go, must have been like a pressure cooker in SF recently as I said it must have been like a black hole, not even the light got out.

Stanley cracked and couldn’t hold back, took the swipe, and given the ‘context’ where SF were on every media outlet, 7/24/365 pontificating
    on happenings in other parties, got hit on the ‘sweet spot’ when he broke the omertà that no doubt was being organised by ML.

Even the smugster O’Broin can’t smooth over this one.

Not hugely in favour of policing everybody's expressed personal beliefs as if they couldn't still perform their actual professional roles separate to this

Not a huge fan of total sanitisation of views around controversial topics

We still have a lot to improve upon in terms of how we jump upon anything on social media. It's a new form of public existence and pretty soon we'll have only public figures who have managed their own SM presence prim and perfectly, without reference to their aims, ideals, experience, competence, etc- that won't be to the benefit of (just for starters) anyone outside of the professional political class and their protegés

Now, all that said- SF are as nakedly ugly and transparently blood-hungry in jumping upon any old thing at all and whipping up a frenzy divorced from any relativity or thought for good governance from the oireachtas entire to serve the idiot forces of rolling news and SM reactions

They should eat this one and wait for it to pass, because it's rare hypocrisy of them of all wider groups (politicians and..........online professionals) alike to handwave away genuinely ugly and serious issues when you look at their generally shameless rabblerousing

Therin lies the rub. Murder is murder. In this case committed by lawless thugs.

This isn't a normal society - it is a post conflict one, where many issues remain to be resolved.

I feel sorry for you if you have that perspective.

We live in as normal, fair, just and wealthy society as there is in the world.

In your opinion. Many would disagree including me.

With many many legacy issues surrounding the conflict, with threats to the stability of the peace...we most definitely live in a post conflict society though. This conversation proves it.

Unfortunately Blanch, there are those who instead of waiting and helping a sore to heal, have the time and inclination to ensure it remains open and supporating.

Therin lies the rub. Murder is murder. In this case committed by lawless thugs.

With the British once again forced to confront what they did today at 4pm, they were many 'lawless thugs' going about so.

Call them what you want, won't really change all that much. The issues are still there.

Every society is a post conflict society

Would agree with Francie that legacy issues prevail more heavily in areas directly involved with the troubles, hardly a controversial statement tbh

An Irish perspective?

That's swell and all but not related to my comment.

You're a gas man. As usual you made up you own thoughts, assigned them to others and then got upset.
    There were no Unionists on the show either Blanch. Making yourself look foolish, once again.

• Advertisement

He is obviously a waste of time, he is an apologist for murder, he is not fit to hold the position he holds, he is a total rotter, and by the sounds of it most other Irish* people on the radio today agree with me.

So neither you nor blanch heard the show? No Shinners, no unionists. Making fools of yourselves :)

If you're born on the island you are Irish IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement