Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The Breener is on his feet now with a slobbery apology.

More worried about losing the wedge I would suggest.

Between the four ‘millon’ gone up North and Callinan and now Stanley they might have to get the angle iron bhoy down from the North.

Unrest in the trenches it would appear....... but like on this platform, sometimes with a few cans on board a lad might ‘take a swing’.

An apology doesn’t sort it out here, and rightly so.

He was sitting Brendi...not on his feet. Were you fed a dodgy rumour? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That apology must have been written by ‘ Sincere and Son’ filed from the portfolio

‘Apologies when in a bad bind and your wedge is in jeopardy’.

Trembling voice optional and a breakdown in cadence may be added, instructions for these enhancements only available in the Premium package.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The Breener is on his feet now with a slobbery apology.

More worried about losing the wedge I would suggest.

Between the four ‘millon’ gone up North and Callinan and now Stanley they might have to get the angle iron bhoy down from the North.

Unrest in the trenches it would appear....... but like on this platform, sometimes with a few cans on board a lad might ‘take a swing’.

An apology doesn’t sort it out here, and rightly so.

It's over to Catherine Murphy now.

She asked that he apologise to the victims and families of victims of Warrenpoint - he didn't. There will be big questions over her mettle if she accepts this mealy-mouthed apology. To be honest, I don't think she has the backbone to stand up for the principles she clearly enunciated the other day.

blanch152 wrote: »

She asked that he apologise to the victims and families of victims of Warrenpoint - he didn't. There will be big questions over her mettle if she accepts this mealy-mouthed apology. To be honest, I don't think she has the backbone to stand up for the principles she clearly enunciated the other day.

Catherine asked that he apologise to the committee, after that it was a matter for SF.

Stop misrepresenting blanch to set up an attack on Murphy.

blanch152 wrote: »

You are probably right Blanch, hasn’t any great form in those situations.

Would be great if she had though, gain a lot of respect and maybe a few votes.

But seems she doesn’t need them so it will probably be a flurry of feathers and Stano will continue on as if nothing happened.

Add about 8k to his votes next time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

But seems she doesn’t need them so it will probably be a flurry of feathers and Stano will continue on as if nothing happened.

Agreed with you both, she let herself down badly when our corrupt Tánaiste was being questioned, she was weak particularly when it was just a case of pointing out his very obvious inept and crooked dealings. She seemed to be the only one that didn’t have him squirming. Who knows, knowing Leo he probably threw her bone at some stage as well and it might have come back to bite her in the ass if she stuck the knife in.

Agreed with you both, she let herself down badly when our corrupt Tánaiste was being questioned, she was weak particularly when it was just a case of pointing out his very obvious inept and crooked dealings. She seemed to be the only one that didn’t have him squirming. Who knows, knowing Leo he probably threw her bone at some stage as well and it might have come back to bite her in the ass if she stuck the knife in.

All the buzz words ticked off

Corrupt

Crooked

Squirming

Good lad, up to speed.

Unbelievable.......!!!!

Michael McDowell literally run off the airwaves by McInerney.

Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shouting? If I was shouting I would put it in CAPITALS

It is fairly easy to know the answer, it is ALWAYS Fg and Leo

Well according to you anyway

"Now you know what they are shouting about"

Well they do need watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Stupid by the Shinners and no need for it. Far too often SF clowns on both sides of the border are cocking up with stupid tweets and memes etc. They're riding high in the polls currently and FG/FF are scoring enough own goals without SF giving them and the media the moral high ground.

I hope MLM and Doherty sort out this behaviour once and for all. Leaving themselves in a position where there are calls for an apology to the Para regiment is farcical and I hope they learn from it. Clowns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

I do find it interesting all the posts you see saying "follow the money", so I had to share this humdinger
    https://freepress.ie/2020/10/mary-lou-macdonald-and-the-covid-19-vaccine-connection/?fbclid=IwAR2cR8h444S--7-6Y7T5TE_UGNGHkNR7unkTLChbrNz5JoM7bMMXL_oAkdg

Unbelievable.......!!!!

Michael McDowell literally run off the airwaves by McInerney.

Unbelievable.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Was he following up on his 'journalism' about thought control by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I do find it interesting all the posts you see saying "follow the money", so I had to share this humdinger
    https://freepress.ie/2020/10/mary-lou-macdonald-and-the-covid-19-vaccine-connection/?fbclid=IwAR2cR8h444S--7-6Y7T5TE_UGNGHkNR7unkTLChbrNz5JoM7bMMXL_oAkdg

Got as far as, 'GSK/Wellcome, Mother & Baby Concentration camps... '

Why are you filling this thread with spam? It's contrary to rules, SK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

All the buzz words ticked off

Corrupt

Crooked

Squirming

Good lad, up to speed.

You left out ‘inept’

Not sure it’s a good thing to be pointing out the buzz words associated with FFG and the Tánaiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Well done to Stanley on his apology and the sincerity appearance he put on it.

Doesn't change his perspective one bit or his views imo.
    A grubby little SF politician, like most of the rest of them, not a clue on being an actual republican, just a bigotted nationalist really.
    A United Ireland under lads like that in power would be a horrendous place to live altogether.
    Lads like him entrench unionism, SFs mask is slipping all the time.

A grubby little SF politician, like most of the rest of them, not a clue on being an actual republican, just a bigotted nationalist really.
    A United Ireland under lads like that in power would be a horrendous place to live altogether.

Exactly, on the button.

And they wonder why nobody will go into coalition with them.

Entrench Unionism????

It's been entrenched for decades, in fact, you could say it entrenched itself when it insisted on 6 counties, instead of 9 in order to run it's sectarian bigoted state.

'Grubby little politicians' indeed bish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I don't understand the outrage. SF/FF/FF they are all the same. They all come from violence.

It's sad to see the lack of outrage over the Finucane business this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Maybe I did her a disservice:

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1202/1181808-brian-stanley-tweet/

"Catherine Murphy of the Social Democrats said the controversial tweet had an impact "beyond this jurisdiction."

She told Deputy Stanley: "I would want an assurance that this is a 'one off' I have yet to hear that.""

This is still running. I wonder are there older tweets or comments of his?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

On one hand I think it's one of the funniest things I've seen in my life and on the other hand I despair for the complete apathy and laissez fire attitude of the history of Northern Ireland and what we can expect in the future.

BBC Norn Iron publicly stating that the expected closure of Debenhams in Derry is the darkest hour the city has ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Em, you're grand thanks, but I won't be reading that pish.

IMG-20201202-203352.jpg

McMurphy wrote: »
    Em, you're grand thanks, but I don't be reading that pish.

IMG-20201202-203352.jpg

SK posting anti-vaxx conspiracy theories now. Who knew he read that stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Right wing odd ball website:
    We now move about at the Irish Government’s pleasure, and that of the Pharma-industry-owned NPHET morlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Oh cool, a biased right wing version of Village Magazine. They should join forces and 'meet in the middle' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I never supported the IRA, still don't and have often said I think it was all wrong from the start - partition.

Ah, the famous 'partition' blame game.

Sure it was all partition's fault?
    Therefore when the PIRA murdered innocent kids and toddlers, it was really partitions fault.
    When they murdered women and more Catholics than anyone else, sure it was partitions fault.
    When their body count of their murder victims was greater than the combined BA and Loyalists forces, combined, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they presided over Kangeroo courts and dished out extra-judicial punishment beatings, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they hide and moved sex offenders and pedophiles around the place, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they robbed banks and post offices and shot Gardai dead on duty, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they beat Paul Quinn to death and broke every bone in his body, sure it was partitions fault.

Always something else to blame.

People are sick and tired of the SF/IRA weasel words that come out SF/IRA supporters that amplify and exaggerates every little deed by FG or FF or the Greens.... but when it comes to actual murder and glorifying it, then it's all, 'Nothing to see here, sure it was a war, m'kay?'

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah, the famous 'partition' blame game.

Sure it was all partition's fault?
    Therefore when the PIRA murdered innocent kids and toddlers, it was really partitions fault.
    When they murdered women and more Catholics than anyone else, sure it was partitions fault.
    When their body count of their murder victims was greater than the combined BA and Loyalists forces, combined, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they presided over Kangeroo courts and dished out extra-judicial punishment beatings, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they hide and moved sex offenders and pedophiles around the place, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they robbed banks and post offices and shot Gardai dead on duty, sure it was partitions fault.
    When they beat Paul Quinn to death and broke every bone in his body, sure it was partitions fault.

Always something else to blame.

People are sick and tired of the SF/IRA weasel words that come out SF/IRA supporters that amplify and exaggerates every little deed by FG or FF or the Greens.... but when it comes to actual murder and glorifying it, then it's all, 'Nothing to see here, sure it was a war, m'kay?'

'Fault' and 'Wrong'.

Two different words. Look them up and get back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

'Fault' and 'Wrong'.

Two different words. Look them up and get back to us.

So, when you posted this..
    Why not start at the beginning Jan, if you want to get to causes and 'fault'?

Why cherrypick out one episode in what has been cyclical violence caused by that 'beginning' - partition.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110205636&postcount=2412

or this..
    That they are dependent on subvention is not their fault, but the fault of those who engineered partition and those who were happy to ignore the results of that partition.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110812817&postcount=1863

or even this..
    The harsh reality here is as it has always been. There will be no peace in Ireland until we deal with partition.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109987601&postcount=62

Are you going to dance on a pin?
    Are you going to admit that you are wrong in your previous assessments
    Are you going to admit that you actually do have a long track record of blaming it all on partition?

markodaly wrote: »
    So, when you posted this..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110205636&postcount=2412

or this..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110812817&postcount=1863

or even this..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109987601&postcount=62

Are you going to dance on a pin?
    Are you going to admit that you are wrong in your previous assessments
    Are you going to admit that you actually do have a long track record of blaming it all on partition?

So you found a post of mine that i actually used the word 'fault'. That's a start.

I'll ask you the same question.

Why 'cherrypick' a list of violence by one side when there was violence on ALL sides?

The second statement: there will be no peace until...remains a core belief of mine. 'Peace' is not just the absence of violence, but the presence of economic and EU issues presented by a 'border'.

Always comes down to this duddn’t it.

Lot of anger out there.....

• Advertisement

Always comes down to this duddn’t it.

Lot of anger out there.....

Why anger Brendan? Coz you didn't get your man?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement