Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The only good thing to come out of the next election will be the unless Greens will be wiped out again thankfully.

By then, the Greens will have implemented their policies on climate change, so they won't be too upset.

Being in politics just to hold on to seats so that you can constantly moan and whinge as SF and PBP do, is a complete waste of time. Achieving change is the objective, can only be done if you are mature enough to go into government and ready to take unpopular decisions. It is why SF will never make a success of government anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

blanch152 wrote: »
    By then, the Greens will have implemented their policies on climate change, so they won't be too upset.

Being in politics just to hold on to seats so that you can constantly moan and whinge as SF and PBP do, is a complete waste of time. Achieving change is the objective, can only be done if you are mature enough to go into government and ready to take unpopular decisions. It is why SF will never make a success of government anywhere.

Achieving change me bollox, Sleepy Ryan and his band of dopey f**ks are doing damn all. Their ****ty wee climate policies will be easily reversed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

He is unfit for public office and should resign from the PAC or be removed.

What comes around goes around. SF call for resignations all the time.

Would think FG made contact and begged him not to resign, Varadkars position would be untenable if Stanley resigned, remember friend not friend had a lot of racist bile on his account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Achieving change me bollox, Sleepy Ryan and his band of dopey f**ks are doing damn all. Their ****ty wee climate policies will be easily reversed as well.

Not much need for reversing when they haven't moved an inch, opening DP centres and looking for student nurses to work for nothing seems to be where the Greens are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Eh is that why FG and FF refused to talk to SF after the election.

Is that the building bridges that are needed?

I think you need to do a little research. A independent TD from Limerick gave a full statement in the Dail and confirmed SF had no intention of trying to form a government. I can't find the video now but available.

As soon as it looked like SF would have to step up they disappeared, yes Mary Lou said she was sick but the entire party went missing for over a month. Only when FF/FG/Greens started discussion did they reappear. Even PBP released a statement saying they had zero contact from SF about forming a government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So you found a post of mine that i actually used the word 'fault'. That's a start.

I found posts of yours blaming partition for all the ills of the North, thus excusing the murder of women and children in the process after you tried to deny it.

That's your position Francie.

I think you will find a huge percetnage of people in Ireland wants those "wee climate policies". Changing them would be a huge own goal for any party. Especially with Ireland already signed up to the Paris agreement, an agreement SF full supported.
    No need for the potty language to get the point over either

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    I found posts of yours blaming partition for all the ills of the North, thus excusing the murder of women and children in the process after you tried to deny it.

That's your position Francie.

How would , 'It was all wrong from the start' be excusing of any of it mark?

Another trip up a time wasting blind alley of attacking a poster.

I think you will find a huge percetnage of people in Ireland wants those "wee climate policies". r

We'll wait and see how they propose rolling them all out before we come to that conclusion.

As you say though - committment to the Paris Agreement makes the Greens obsolete, The electorate will confirm it next time out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

I think you need to do a little research. A independent TD from Limerick gave a full statement in the Dail and confirmed SF had no intention of trying to form a government. I can't find the video now but available.

As soon as it looked like SF would have to step up they disappeared, yes Mary Lou said she was sick but the entire party went missing for over a month. Only when FF/FG/Greens started discussion did they reappear. Even PBP released a statement saying they had zero contact from SF about forming a government.

Mary Lou had Covid 19.

People gave out she was hiding for 2 weeks at time.

Who is this independent TD? Did he have any proof or just his own opinion?

FF and FG straight away wouldnt talk to SF (They also both said they wouldnt go into Govt together either but that had to be done they have noew merged)

What did you want SF to do?

SF are going from Strength to Strength, highest opinion polls ever while FF and FG are going down on the polls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mary Lou had Covid 19.

FF and FG straight away wouldnt talk to SF (They also both said they wouldnt go into Govt together either but that had to be done they have noew merged)

SF are going from Strength to Strength, highest opinion polls ever while FF and FG are going down on the polls.

Yeah, dude.

Melchester Rovers were a great team too........... reminds me of SF.

Whoooy Brenner.........?

Because they were a fictional team who never did anything, never scored a real goal, never had real players, never did anything that was real or tangible.

Sure why wouldn’t SF be high on the polls..... promise everything, support everything, do nothing positive, and the dumbos who can’t see the big picture will lap it up.

G’way outa that, compadre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmmmm. How can Stanley hold on to the chair of the PAC.

Unbelievable..... more strange tweets from him being uncovered.

The mob is on the prowl Brendi. They may hit paydirt if they keep the trawl up.

Will FG get the scalp they so desperately want, will the Irish electorate learn to love them like they used to? Tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode. :)

Mary Lou had Covid 19.

https://twitter.com/WWinters_/status/1276987044804415492
    Are you saying he is lying now?

Every day we keep getting told about how great SF are, as I said before are people trying to convince themselves or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Because, like ALL parties, standards only suit them when it's someone else's party.

One thing that always bugged me, and bugged Irish people and Irish nationalists was the triumphalism surrounding bigoted loyalists and unionists in their badgering nationalists...

His tweet was ALL about triumphalism and celebrating killing and death....it really was. And the final sentence really showed a nastiness.

Back 40 or so years ago, the tweet would not have raised eyebrows, because our country (or part of it) was smack ban in the middle of a war...

It still would have been deemed insensitive by some, but today, after all we have done and achieved and healed etc, that tweet is incredibly nasty and offensive, and should be to all decent human beings, regardless of sides...

This is what is so baffling to me, and to condone it or not condemn it only shows a hate....a hate for the past and the present....as well as a real stumbling block for the building of peace between people from all sides...

The biggest issue I see is peoples inability to move on, mature, grow, accept and progress....there is this hostility and hate and constant revisionism of hate for the other side, by both sides....

Every day we keep getting told about how great SF are, as I said before are people trying to convince themselves or something?

He has shown me no proof there.

Every day we keep getting told by FF/FG that there is nothing to see here. The FF/FG Govt of scandal since Day 1.

Sinn Fein gaining support all over ever since.

It hurts dosn't it.

You now have a Govt, who dont talk to each other, decide things without running it by the others, give their mates confidental documents, appoint whatever Judge they like (€)

Welcome to Ireland 2020, great spot

https://twitter.com/WWinters_/status/1276987044804415492

Gene pool FF TD has a go at SF. Colour me skeptical on that.

He has shown me no proof there.

Every day we keep getting told by FF/FG that there is nothing to see here. The FF/FG Govt of scandal since Day 1.

Sinn Fein gaining support all over ever since.

It hurts dosn't it.

You now have a Govt, who dont talk to each other, decide things without running it by the others, give their mates confidental documents, appoint whatever Judge they like (€)

Welcome to Ireland 2020, great spot

AHh you have to love the SF supporter. Stick fingers in ears and ignores the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    I am sure many of them do.

I know Johnny Flash is a paid up, card carrying member of FG - and he has freely admitted several times on this site to voting at several polling stations on the same day for FG during elections.

I haven't seen any one on this site saying they do same for the Shinners, so how are "you so sure"?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Gene pool FF TD has a go at SF. Colour me skeptical on that.

If SF wanted to form a government then they didn’t they contact the Rural Independents?

They would have needed their support if they weren’t doing a deal with FG and FF, so why didn’t they bother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

"More to come tomorrow" - Village Magazine

/jk

Faugheen wrote: »
    If SF wanted to form a government then they didn’t they contact the Rural Independents?

They would have needed their support if they weren’t doing a deal with FG and FF, so why didn’t they bother?

One rural independent says they didn't make contact...did it occur to him that maybe he wasn't considered suitable?
    Had a look at the count in Limerick there and I see his nearest challenger is a Shinner...maybe he was indulging in a bit of electioneering.

Who knows.

Seems they did invite some Independents to talks.
    Sinn Féin has invited Independents to talks on potential government formation, and a number of groups of non-party Deputies are forming ahead of the Dáil convening.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/independent-tds-forming-groups-ahead-of-first-d%C3%A1il-sitting-1.4177936

I know I wouldn't go near such a disparate group if I wanted to form a stable government. But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

• Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have no problem saying that I would never eat food from a Chinese takeaway.

walshb wrote: »
    I have no problem saying that I would never eat food from a Chinese takeaway.

You might catch one of the other 18 Covid's. :)

On the night of the election before all the votes where in Micheál Martin opened the door to SF
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html

Then firmly shut it again when it emerged that FF were not going to be the lead in that potential coalition.

It's clear there is no high moral principle here, it is about maintaining power. FF who had said they wouldn't go into a coalition with FG went into one shortly after.

No idea how you can take it from that article that FF opened the door. It even says FF think SF want to go into opposition :P

No idea how you can take it from that article that FF opened the door. It even says FF think SF want to go into opposition :P

Well others seen it as opening the door too. And if you go back to the thread here, plenty here saw it the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

You might catch one of the other 18 Covid's. :)

The COVID mistake wasn't that bad but catching a virus from cooked food, Jaysus!

Brian has taken scientific advice from "Angel Readers" in the past so hardly surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭KarlMarks

Why would SF want to go into power with FFG? The plan has to be to get an overall majority or else a coalition with SF as the largest party alongside other left-leaning independents and smaller parties. Not to the mudflap for a larger right-wing party. SF need become more radical, not less radical. Public housing, higher taxes on business, middle earners, and crucify the weatlhy leeches who have been using the 26 counties as a moneybox for almost 100 years, a world-class public health service, free education meaning free education, nationalise the banks we had to bail out. And deliver a United Ireland. What the young people don't want is another 100 years of the same where the rich get richer and the poor are told they are doing alright jack and stop complaining. And maybe a commemeration is 2120 by a FG toady, **** that.

• Advertisement

AHh you have to love the SF supporter. Stick fingers in ears and ignores the truth

So were is this proof? If you can point to the exact point in the video any evidence?

It hurts you dosn't it that SF destroyed FG in the election. Leo has never been the same since, its worse he has got with his anger. Even Dr Tony and NPHET got it when the Govt went against the public health advice and made cases surge because they didnt listen to them.

SF getting stronger by the day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement