Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

He suspended his account because very obviously anther party smells blood and is desperate for something to show. First attack didn't work, the mob is looking for more.

If there's nothing to see why shut it down?
    Looks like he's been censored to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If there's nothing to see why shut it down?
    Looks like he's been censored to me.

Well, judging by his own explanation of his tweet, he is probably afraid that other stuff could be taken out of context and made to mean something else.

When the faux principled woke crowd get after you anything goes.
    It's a sad demeaning and undermining of people who genuinely campaign against racism and homophobia, not one of whom had a problem with this stuff when first tweeted and aired.
    That doesn't matter when there's a scalp to be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

He suspended his account because very obviously anther party smells blood and is desperate for something to show. First attack didn't work, the mob is looking for more.

I've never posted any pro terrorist or homophobic tweets that people could drag up so I've never had to worry about 'mobs' going through my old tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I only know of two tweets by this man.

One, and incredibly insensitive one

The second, an odd weird and very childish-petulant one

He’s 0-2 for me, and for anyone with any ounce of sense..

The guy is clearly a liability as regards his thoughts and actions..

SF should cut him loose. Like they did with Holohan..

Francie, it’s gotten to the stage with you that you’re almost on auto pilot defense mode. Completely devoid of any semblance of common sense with any SF problems/issues..

walshb wrote: »
    Ok...

Even if this is true..

Still a party that has people needing to shut down their accounts needs to look long and hard at who they are attracting!

A party that needs to attack like this has a lot to worry about. The real politick of it, and plenty are aware of what is going down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I really think that ANY party that needs to have a member close down their social media accounts needs to take a long hard look at the caliber of people they are attracting!!
    Yes, and like said...ANY party needing to watch/discipline or have any persons associated with them close down their social media accounts due to turn not being trusted....well..

Nothing to do with holier than thou at all

Simple standards and decency

And its decadence is society’s biggest ill.

I read today about mother Josepha needing to spend 20k of taxpayers money to hire some experts for the purpose of "improving her online image"

What says you about that bren?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Well I would say it consolidates the idea that he is under attack.

Sad thing for FG here is that the public aren't really talking about this on social media. Not to the extent they were posting about Leo's confession and trial anyhow.

Tells me they probably know this is a political stitch up.
    After the crap that came before it, this is ridiculously trivial.
    Not sure if it also just a poor attempt at taking the public's mind away from the fact the student nurses won't be getting paid, while they gave themselves a pay rise just over a month or so ago.
    So much to choose from really as to why they might be pushing on with this trivial nonsense.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I've never posted any pro terrorist or homophobic tweets that people could drag up so I've never had to worry about 'mobs' going through my old tweets.

Any that could be taken out of context? Kilmichael was a terrorist attack?

*Does the government know this, they were going to commemorate it.

taken out of context

It's a sad demeaning and undermining of people who genuinely campaign against racism and homophobia,

People who are not homophobic do not post homophobic tweets which his tweet was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Well, judging by his own explanation of his tweet, he is probably afraid that other stuff could be taken out of context and made to mean something else.

When the faux principled woke crowd get after you anything goes.
    It's a sad demeaning and undermining of people who genuinely campaign against racism and homophobia, not one of whom had a problem with this stuff when first tweeted and aired.
    That doesn't matter when there's a scalp to be got.

Well I almost believed that until you said genuine.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    After the crap that came before it, this is ridiculously trivial.
    Not sure if it also just a poor attempt at taking the public's mind away from the fact the student nurses won't be getting paid, while they gave themselves a pay rise just over a month or so ago. So much to choose from really, as to why they might be pushing on with this trivial nonsense.

It's not working if it was. Nurses was trending all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,786 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McMurphy wrote: »
    I read today about mother Josepha needing to spend 20k of taxpayers money to hire some experts for the purpose of "improving her online image"

What says you about that bren?

What?!🤔

Any that could be taken out of context? Kilmichael was a terrorist attack?

*Does the government know this, they were going to commemorate it.

He was celebrating the murders at Narrow Water.

He was celebrating the murders at Narrow Water.

Yes, he was and those at Kilmichael.

Yes, he was and those at Kilmichael.

I look forward to reading about his resignation in the coming days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Haha that will be a fine fiction book. This what ****e yas are told in the FFG parliamentary meetings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I'm with Francie on most of this
    The homophobic comment was stupid
    The celebration of narrowwater was unwise
    HOWEVER I'd be certain that nearly every SF politician has plenty social media posts commemorating hunger strikers from the 80s and other IRA former prisoners and deceased former IRA people who most of the Dáil would put in the same category as those that carried out narrowwater
    Voters have accepted this part of their character
    Whats the plan here to disenfranchise them?
    To disrespect the solution up north that is the Good Friday agreement?
    To anger those that were persuaded to settle despite an intense core belief in a war that people in the south didn't really regard as a war because they were mostly removed from the tensions in the sectarian statelet?

There isn't any brains at all in this particular witch hunt IMO

You very well might if the principled faux woke brigade work up a head of steam.

Haha that will be a fine fiction book. This what ****e yas are told in the FFG parliamentary meetings?

Not sure what works of fiction you read but that would be a pretty **** book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Nobotty wrote: »
    I'm with Francie on most of this
    The homophobic comment was stupid
    The celebration of narrowwater was unwise
    HOWEVER I'd be certain that nearly every SF politician has plenty social media posts commemorating hunger strikers from the 80s and other IRA former prisoners and deceased former IRA people who most of the Dáil would put in the same category as those that carried out narrowwater
    Voters have accepted this part of their character
    Whats the plan here to disenfranchise them?
    To disrespect the solution up north that is the Good Friday agreement?
    To anger those that were persuaded to settle despite an intense core belief in a war that people in the south didn't really regard as a war because they were mostly removed from the tensions in the sectarian statelet?

It's all they have to throw at them because for the first time ever we have a proper opposition and the Govt can't get away with whatever they want.

Well they can, i.e Leo doing what he wants but the people are more aware of it now

Long may it continue

• Advertisement

It's all they have to throw at them because for the first time ever we have a proper opposition and the Govt can't get away with whatever they want.

Well they can, i.e Leo doing what he wants but the people are more aware of it now

Long may it continue

Leo, only got away with it, because FF and the Greens circled the wagons. Public saw that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Leo, only got away with it, because FF and the Greens circled the wagons. Public saw that too.

I don't think sight of the wood should be lost for the trees in this
    Whats going on here is plain and simple,its revenge
    Politics needs to lose some of its adversarial toxicity and get back to brass tacks
    Its invading it everywhere since Brexit and Trump
    Ireland is not immune
    SF have a part to play in this just as much as other parties
    A reboot basically

• Registered Users Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Nobotty wrote: »

Why is Brian Stanley apologising so? Why did David Cullinane apologise so? :confused:

Are they 'proud' Republican's or not? In both cases it was off the cuff remarks indicating how proud they are of various versions of the IRA?

Yet, strangely Michelle O'Neill attacked 'proud' Republican's Saoradh.

Saoradh view themselves as keepers of the 1916 flame and view SF as traitor's/quislings. "false prophets who have been defeated and consumed by the very system they claim to oppose"

But, apparently, they the new true Republican's 'no plan or strategy' :D

Always amuses me about SF. One paramilitary illegal organisation with no all-island popular support is defended to the hilt by SF - the provisional IRA.
    And pride is expressed for it. And they only apologise if they sound 'too' proud in public.

Yet, another paramilitary illegal organisation with no all-island popular support is called Saoradh. In the same position the Provo's were in the 1970's are now apparently wrong. Or as Michelle says has no 'strategy'. It is noticeable that Michelle did not outright 'condemn' her Republican cousins. Despite the fact they want her dead. As she knows this would be hypocritical as a Republican? She also stopped short of saying 'no mandate'.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I'd do the same myself if there was someone snooping around looking for something to be principled and outraged about.

Always someone else fault France... always.

Didn't you call the people upset about the infamous Barry McElduff mockery of the Kingsmill massacre "Whingers and Moaners"?

Why do you persistently die on a hill for a party you 'do not' support?

I read that Stanley's social media accounts on twitter and Facebook have been deleted.
    Nothing to see here eh, but shut up now like a good little shinner!

The boys in West Belfast had a word...

markodaly wrote: »
    Always someone else fault France... always.

Didn't you call the people upset about the infamous Barry McElduff mockery of the Kingsmill massacre "Whingers and Moaners"?

Why do you persistently die on a hill for a party you 'do not' support?

I ain't dying mark. The person desperately pivoting to something something else is the one 'dying on a hill'.

markodaly wrote: »
    The boys in West Belfast had a word...

Always someone else's fault eh mark. Let's go for an auld lie that can't be backed up.

Keep the Trump/Tory disparaging up, see if it sticks. The public gave you your answer last time out. Keep it up...grist t the mill. The last throw of the power swap has turned out to be some fun, so far.

Because mark, the violence did not happen in a vacumn, violence always has cause and effect.

Just because you want to ignore the cause is not going to stop anyone analysing what the cause is.

Partition caused the problem in the north and is still causing it. Ask the British how they feel about the 'cause' of many of their problems this week. They'll tell you the legacy of partition caused them too.

And this is the "But" part.....

Partition never made people go out and kill kids Francie.
    Partition never made people go out and kill Journalists
    Partition never made people go out and kill Women.

Hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions of people live in NI, live with partition and don't have the urge to out and kill others.

So, the next time you say "It was all wrong, but...partition" please be mindful of these facts.

I ain't dying mark. The person desperately pivoting to something something else is the one 'dying on a hill'.

So, what are you doing at the moment, defending Stanly, day after day, hour after hour?

Any SF TD caught doing something wrong, you defend, with absolute zeal.

From Barry McElduff, to Paddy Holohan and beyond.

It's not about their actions, it's about what others FF/FG are trying to do, am I right?

This is a thread about SF, yet over the past 72 hours you have tried to bring FG into the debate more than a dozen times....
    "Whatabout FG....."

• Advertisement

Always someone else's fault eh mark. Let's go for an auld lie that can't be backed up.

Lie?

No, not at all. It appears to be very much true that the IRA are still somewhat 'active'.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/ira-armed-and-still-gathering-intelligence-opponents-says-leaked-mi5-psni-assessment-3054267
    Spotlight’ reported that it said that the assessment of the IRA remains unchanged from 2015 report, with the IRA continuing to exist – although its structures are greatly reduced from the time of its terrorist campaign, it is not recruiting, training or targeting, and it has a wholly political focus in support of Sinn Féin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement