Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This does give a view of what will happen with SF in power
    Mr Stanley’s wife, Laois councillor Caroline Dwane Stanley took to Facebook to hit out at coverage of the controversy by RTÉ and the Irish Independent. She also said: “When SF get into Government, one of the first things it should do is remove all public funds from RTÉ.”
    Shut down the media so they can't ask any questions
    Trying to intimidate young people who speak out about them
    Hoards of people going around abusing people who don't support them
    Now threats of shutting down the media if it questions them
    Starting to sound similar to a certain party in Germany......except they got into power and then started the blood shed. SF already have blood all over their hands

Good call S

Lad on the radio put it well this morning....SF in power would set us back decades as they seem totally presenting a fake facade to the electorate.

As I see it they are far more interested in living in ‘history’ than the present, as evidenced by the words of Cullinane and the tweets of Stanley.

How can Stanley have the respect and authority of the PAC after this debacle.

Time the fellow members developed a backbone otherwise they tacitly support Stanley’s ideals, and really are just a bunch of disgruntled stooges, and jobsworths, who nobody worth their salt would appear before.

Time to wake up folk and stop being gamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Good call S

Lad on the radio put it well this morning....SF in power would set us back decades as they seem totally presenting a fake facade to the electorate.

As I see it they are far more interested in living in ‘history’ than the present, as evidenced by the words of Cullinane and the tweets of Stanley.

How can Stanley have the respect and authority of the PAC after this debacle.

Time the fellow members developed a backbone otherwise they tacitly support Stanley’s ideals, and really are just a bunch of disgruntled stooges, and jobsworths, who nobody worth their salt would appear before.

Time to wake up folk and stop being gamed.

How does somebody who has faced a VoNC and an inquiry into his own confessed wrongdoing have 'respect' Brendi?

You should tell the Shinners how FG do it. C'mon man, be helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Fake criticism of Stanley from Sf and its member is not been bought by the public. If there was sincere criticism of him; we would have heard it on day one. The bully boy attack on the media is just one of the many trained responses within the Sf ranks; in response.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

This does give a view of what will happen with SF in power
    Mr Stanley’s wife, Laois councillor Caroline Dwane Stanley took to Facebook to hit out at coverage of the controversy by RTÉ and the Irish Independent.

With that I am in complete agreement with her, I’d imagine an awful lot of tv licence payers and tax payers are also. RTÉ is a disastrous organisation. Would love to see it either shut down or privatised.

Fake criticism of Stanley from Sf and its member is not been bought by the public. If there was sincere criticism of him; we would have heard it on day one. The bully boy attack on the media is just one of the many trained responses within the Sf ranks; in response.

You could call 'fake' on any criticism of wrongdoing by any party.
    Look at Michael Lowry...roundly criticised - but if you need his vote, maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,728 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stanley's tweet is divisive from within the party I see and young members are haemorsging from it because of it and the homophobic one.
    Akin to the green exodus you anti govt lads took such pleasure from a while ago.
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-members-quit-amid-allegations-of-homophobic-and-racist-slurs-39827803.html

Sure, remember the big funeral up the North earlier in the year during the lockdown?

How many members did SF discipline? Who resigned?

No accountability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

How does somebody who has faced a VoNC and an inquiry into his own confessed wrongdoing have 'respect' Brendi?

Faced a no hope time-wasting exercise you mean.
    I mean if any govt minister was up for a vote in the morning most opposition tds wouldn't back them.
    I find it hard to take the SDs serious after this with Catherine and Róisín not more vocal on this issue.
    Yes I believe the opposition has been shown to be toothless but mouthful good for f all merchants here.
    A lot more than just Stanley's stupidity has been exposed here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Sure, remember the big funeral up the North earlier in the year during the lockdown?

How many members did SF discipline? Who resigned?

No accountability.

Did LV get disciplined for leaking confidential documents to one of his mates and then lied through his teeth saying he wasn't really a friend in the Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Bonniedog wrote: »
    The Shinners tried to shaft him before the last locals. I wonder are they trying to force an early retirement?

you obviously have more local knowledge then some of us so tell us what happened rather then half saying things.

btw can you tell us what Stanley did as a job before he was a full time public representative?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1334866691944280064

The replies! Jingoistic nationalists want to defund public service broadcasting? Where have we heard that before?

I said it before and Ill say it again, SF supporters by and large are Irelands answer to Trump MAGA wearing supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He won the Vote of Confidence,

Maybe there should be a Dail vote of confidence on the Chair of the PAC.

Sinn Féin are nó threat to Ireland

The biggest threat to the nation is if Varadkar will leak private and confidential documents. The next time it could be about our economic plans, the north of Ireland, what our gov thinks of other govs etc. Let's hope its not something that hurts the nation

"Bisexual woman of colour hounded out of SF"

;)

Only those who have been fooled by Sinn Fein would be surprised.

#notanormalparty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Sinn Féin are nó threat to Ireland

The biggest threat to the nation is if Varadkar will leak private and confidential documents. The next time it could be about our economic plans, the north of Ireland, what our gov thinks of other govs etc. Let's hope its not something that hurts the nation

I don't think that fear would gather any traction anywhere
    Its obvious to me now that there is a competition between FG and SF as to who has the biggest Mickey and that's whats going on between the two of them
    SF goes after one of FG's and its returned
    This is not good for the country irrespective of whether there's merit in the case of whoever is going after whoever
    A different solution to the stand off is needed because everyone will get fed up with it IMO

Nobotty wrote: »
    I don't think that fear would gather any traction anywhere
    Its obvious to me now that there is a competition between FG and SF as to who has the biggest Mickey and that's whats going on between the two of them
    SF goes after one of FG's and its returned
    This is not good for the country irrespective of whether there's merit in the case of whoever is going after whoever
    A different solution to the stand off is needed because everyone will get fed up with it IMO

The people showed in the election they are fed up with FG yes and they want SF in Govt

That's the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

2014 Geoff's Shorts: Sinn Fein Takes Health Policy Advice From Vaccine Opponents The girl against Fluoride and Declan Waugh http://geoffsshorts.blogspot.com/2014/11/sinn-fein-takes-health-policy-advice.html and which SF member in partiuclar yes you've guessed it Brian Stanley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

The people showed in the election they are fed up with FG yes and they want SF in Govt

That's the facts

How did "the people" show that they want SF in Government? 75% of the country didn't vote for SF.

I hear that a lot and it literally makes no sense.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    How did "the people" show that they want SF in Government? 75% of the country didn't vote for SF.

I hear that a lot and it literally makes no sense.

More didn't vote for FG or FF.

78% against FG
    76% against FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

That's the facts

And why aren't they?
    Even the last poll still has FG up 13 points on GE20
    Thats almost DOUBLE the rise of SF in the same period despite relentless opposition goes at them
    Thems also the facts
    I'm not one for sugar coating

More didn't vote for FG or FF.

78% against FG
    76% against FF

And what's your point? Are you also claiming "the people" voted for a SF government?

Fact of the matter is that "the people" didn't decide any party should be our government. That would have only been the case if a party had won over half the seats. In reality no party even won a quarter of the available seats on their own.

• Advertisement

A number of SF members standing up for their beliefs and the resignations are starting to accumulate now.

https://twitter.com/ellnicheallaigh/status/1335177133224759297?s=19

https://twitter.com/richardtgarland/status/1335230336469504005?s=19

Some letting their feelings known about this:

https://twitter.com/richardtgarland/status/1335213294110580738?s=19

Such a non-entity that a party member was sent around to the house to correct her views.

And what's your point? Are you also claiming "the people" voted for a SF government?

Fact of the matter is that "the people" didn't decide any party should be our government. That would have only been the case if a party had won over half the seats. In reality no party even won a quarter of the available seats on their own.

No...just showing that saying 75% voted against them in government is bull****.

No...just showing that saying 75% voted against them in government is bull****.

That's clearly not the point I made and you know it. Read the post I replied to and then my post and try again.

That's clearly not the point I made and you know it. Read the post I replied to and then my post and try again.

FG were in the sitting government and came in third in the poll. Dumped out would be the analogy. More people wanted SF in government than wanted FG and FF and all the rest. That's as much as can be said.

FG were in the sitting government and came in third in the poll. Dumped out would be the analogy. More people wanted SF in government than wanted FG and FF and all the rest. That's as much as can be said.

So using that logic, the country should have had a continuous 79 year FF government from 1932 to 2011, as they "won" every single general election in that period?

That's not how it works here, and SF getting 24.5% first preference votes doesn't suddenly change how it works here.

I'm shocked that you found issue with what I posted to be honest. Do you honestly believe "the people" decided they wanted a SF government, because of 24.5% first preference votes?

A number of SF members standing up for their beliefs and the resignations are starting to accumulate now.

https://twitter.com/ellnicheallaigh/status/1335177133224759297?s=19

https://twitter.com/richardtgarland/status/1335230336469504005?s=19

Some letting their feelings known about this:

https://twitter.com/richardtgarland/status/1335213294110580738?s=19

Such a non-entity that a party member was sent around to the house to correct her views.

Tom Nolan’s response lays bare the real attitude of SF to women.

So using that logic, the country should have had a continuous 79 year FF government from 1932 to 2011, as they "won" every single general election in that period?

That's not how it works here, and SF getting 24.5% first preference votes doesn't suddenly change how it works here.

I'm shocked that you found issue with what I posted to be honest. Do you honestly believe "the people" decided they wanted a SF government, because of 24.5% first preference votes?

I didn't say that. I said all we can say as a result of the election is that FG were dumped out of power and more people voted for SF to be in government than for anybody else.

After that we know a coalition government was formed and the people, while happy that is done, will give their verdict on it at the next election.

I didn't say that. I said all we can say as a result of the election is that FG were dumped out of power and more people voted for SF to be in government than for anybody else.

After that we know a coalition government was formed and the people, while happy that is done, will give their verdict on it at the next election.

What part of my post are you disagreeing with then? Cos it seems like you are disputing it while also saying I'm being entirely correct.

Also not sure why you keep bringing up FG, they weren't mentioned in either my post or the post I was responding to, and are not the topic of this thread. Do you want to maybe comment on the actual contents of the posts?

What part of my post are you disagreeing with then? Cos it seems like you are disputing it while also saying I'm being entirely correct.

Also not sure why you keep bringing up FG, they weren't mentioned in either my post or the post I was responding to, and are not the topic of this thread. Do you want to maybe comment on the actual contents of the posts?

I pointed out that you could also say 76% didn't vote for FF in gov and 78% didn't vote for (redacted coz Bubba don't like them mentioned) to be in government.

• Advertisement

I pointed out that you could also say 76% didn't vote for FF in gov and 78% didn't vote for (redacted coz Bubba don't like them mentioned) to be in government.

Yes you can, but a bit irrelevant to the post I was replying to, which claimed "the people" had voted for a SF government and that that was a "fact".

Do you agree that "the people" clearly did not vote for that so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement