Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,990 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Yes you can, but a bit irrelevant to the post I was replying to, which claimed "the people" had voted for a SF government and that that was a "fact".

Do you agree that "the people" clearly did not vote for that so?

I have already said what I believe. More people voted for SF to be in government than for any other party. They aren't in government.

That is what we know.

*You said I disagreed with your post...not me. I was just pointing out a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I have already said what I believe. More people voted for SF to be in government than for any other party. They aren't in government.

That is what we know.

*You said I disagreed with your post...not me. I was just pointing out a fact.

Ok so you completely agree with my post then claiming "the people" voted for a SF government is pure nonsense. Good to know. Wouldn't have known from your responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

blanch152 wrote: »
    Tom Nolan’s response lays bare the real attitude of SF to women.

Really is disgusting carry on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Ok so you completely agree with my post then claiming "the people" voted for a SF government is pure nonsense. Good to know. Wouldn't have known from your responses.

More people voted for SF Govt than FF or FG or any other party

Facts

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I didn't say that. I said all we can say as a result of the election is that FG were dumped out of power and more people voted for SF to be in government than for anybody else.

After that we know a coalition government was formed and the people, while happy that is done, will give their verdict on it at the next election.

Except FG weren’t dumped out of power.

At the end of the day, FF, the Greens and independents all preferred to into government with FG than to go anywhere near SF.

Says it all about SF, doesn’t it?

• Advertisement

I actually said this a number of posts back. Why you didn't pick up on it, defeats me. But there you go.

At the end of the day, FF, the Greens and independents all preferred to into government with FG than to go anywhere near SF.

This is the bit they seem to struggle with
    Or the fact that SF will probably never get a majority in the near future and will have to go into coalition with someone. At the moment they couldn't even get the Dolphin who beat Nigel Farrage in the election to join them :P

Facts

That post is factual, for once.

The previous post was far from being factual, despite the "facts" claim at the end of that one too.

Rather than lose the confidence vote they collapsed the government. And finished third in the election.
    The electorate have not given a decision yet on what they think of this government. We will only know that if the election returns them.

That's how it works blanch. Polls or feelings in your water count for nought. It's the election that counts.

*Bubba will be along to rap your knuckles for talking about the party that finished third.

That's how it works blanch. Polls or feelings in your water count for nought. It's the election that counts.

Were you not making a big deal earlier this week of the recent polling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He was indeed, Francie is a big fan of Brian Lenihan senior who coined the phrase - the futility of consistency

Anything I say about a poll is based on the fact it is not an election.

He was indeed, Francie is a big fan of Brian Lenihan senior who coined the phrase - the futility of consistency

A poll is not a verdict blanch.

That was a few days ago. It now doesn't suit this agenda so the opinion has changed.

Standard practise around these parts.

That was a few days ago. It now doesn't suit this agenda so the opinion has changed.

Standard practise around these parts.

I discussed it as a poll Solutionking. And a poll is not a verdict....an election is the verdict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Facts

Look,Normally I don't want to discourage
    BUT most people voting FF,FG,Labour and independent did not want SF in government
    That is a non sugar coated fact

I don't like it but I'm not going to pretend to the people here that something different is the case
    If enough people voted Left,SF would be the Government, No Question
    They didn't so they aren't
    The problem now for SF is Currently more FF votes are seeping to FG and others than to SF as SF have soaked up any movable lefty FF voters

Two things I've noticed
    Vradakar is not afraid of SF or the left probably because he has no votes there
    2nd is hes carving out FG to be the anti SF party
    This has really pissed off Sinn Féin IMO
    But they need to move past that and try grow the left
    I don't think that's going to be enough without Labour but they don't like SF either
    A good strategy then would be to go after Labour
    God knows there's enough material with Alan water charges Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

What a fantastic declaration when Varadkar was so opposed to gay marriage at the time. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Facts

Why are they not in Govt. then buddy.

Try to explain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Why are they not in Govt. then buddy.

Try to explain.

Because FF broke their election promise that they wouldnt get into bed with FG. That's the facts. Something as the recent polls have shown will not sit well with the floating voter

More people voted for SF than any other party

Facts

• Advertisement

Because FF broke their election promise that they wouldnt get into bed with FG. That's the facts. Something as the recent polls have shown will not sit well with the floating voter

Facts

Makes no difference dude, as has been seen over the last week or two, the whiff of cordite still wafts around these punks.

Nobody will break this country getting into a coalition with them.

Folk in the squats and the sink estates with nothing to lose are their main support base, drawn on by wild promises and other unattainable rubbish.

Game is up buddy,the mask has slipped, go figure effendi.

Facts

Its funny how it is always some other parties fault :P
    I do refer back to the video with the Independent TD saying SF had no intention to form a government
    Or PBP releasing a letter to the public to try get SF to answer

Game is up buddy,the mask has slipped, go figure effendi.

Buddy or dude?

Dude/ buddy, at least the opposition have a mask at some stage. There’s absolutely nothing left, it’s just underpants around ankles at the moment and has been since the outset, a comedy show and have been since this farcical “coalition” has been in place.

I’m going to keep enjoying the show, it’ll keep going dude/buddy.

Its funny how it is always some other parties fault :P
    I do refer back to the video with the Independent TD saying SF had no intention to form a government
    Or PBP releasing a letter to the public to try get SF to answer

Watch what happens when FF make a promise to the electorate next time out.
    They will be laughed outta the room.

Sleeveen politics- say one thing mean another.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Look,Normally I don't want to discourage
    BUT most people voting FF,FG,Labour and independent did not want SF in government
    That is a non sugar coated fact

I don't like it but I'm not going to pretend to the people here that something different is the case
    If enough people voted Left,SF would be the Government, No Question
    They didn't so they aren't
    The problem now for SF is Currently more FF votes are seeping to FG and others than to SF as SF have soaked up any movable lefty FF voters

Two things I've noticed
    Vradakar is not afraid of SF or the left probably because he has no votes there
    2nd is hes carving out FG to be the anti SF party
    This has really pissed off Sinn Féin IMO
    But they need to move past that and try grow the left
    I don't think that's going to be enough without Labour but they don't like SF either
    A good strategy then would be to go after Labour
    God knows there's enough material with Alan water charges Kelly

Interesting point

Are we seeing an evolution of Irish politics from the civil war dichotomy of the last ~100 years into left and right.

FG on the right (some would say they're a bit lefy) v the left, championed by SF and other reprobates.
    FF still not the party of old, but not yet recovered for their transgressions.

Watch what happens when FF make a promise to the electorate next time out.
    They will be laughed outta the room.

Sleeveen politics- say one thing mean another.

And what has that got to do with SF?
    ALso I think FF have a fairly easy get out of jail card, blame MM

And what has that got to do with SF?
    ALso I think FF have a fairly easy get out of jail card, blame MM

About as much as an independent TD watching his seat does.

Here’s the deal.

SF on top of the swing after various issues involving FG... golfgate... varadkar.. Mc entree.. Woulfe

What was coming out of SF.. nothing..nada.. zilch... closed tighter than a pressure cooker... not even light got out

Then upsteps this tosser Stanley and blows the whole thing wide open... couldn’t hold back... had to get the cut in, couldn’t resist.

Now.... if I was MLMD this lad would never see the light of day of any position high or low under my leadership.

What did she do......nowt.

Might explain why Sf a long long way from power.

Go figure.

Here’s the deal.

SF on top of the swing after various issues involving FG... golfgate... varadkar.. Mc entree.. Woulfe

What was coming out of SF.. nothing..nada.. zilch... closed tighter than a pressure cooker... not even light got out

Then upsteps this tosser Stanley and blows the whole thing wide open... couldn’t hold back... had to get the cut in, couldn’t resist.

Now.... if I was MLMD this lad would never see the light of day of any position high or low under my leadership.

What did she do......nowt.

Might explain why Sf a long long way from power.

Go figure.

As I posted before, with all the huffing and puffing Leo said in his seat laughing at Pearse. The only way he could make it more obvious was stand up and point saying "Look at that lad roaring his head off"
    SF huffed and puffed for weeks and all they did was burn tax payers money. And what did they do at the end of it? well end up in a big mess, attack the whole gay community, lose a load of young voters and threaten not just the national broadcaster but also some poor girl.

You couldnt make this stuff up really

• Advertisement

As I posted before, with all the huffing and puffing Leo said in his seat laughing at Pearse. The only way he could make it more obvious was stand up and point saying "Look at that lad roaring his head off"
    SF huffed and puffed for weeks and all they did was burn tax payers money. And what did they do at the end of it? well end up in a big mess, attack the whole gay community, lose a load of young voters and threaten not just the national broadcaster but also some poor girl.

You couldnt make this stuff up really

Sweet Jesus, 500 plus posts in a month? Is it managed by just you or a few others. It must be exhausting.

Do they give you days off at Xmas? Depending on leakage info of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement