Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,785 ✭✭✭✭walshb

More people voted for SF than any other party

Yep...and a sad indictment for many!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Now.... if I was MLMD this lad would never see the light of day of any position high or low under my leadership.

What did she do......nowt.

Might explain why Sf a long long way from power.

Go figure.

If you were MLMD you could do nowt too.

Only the Belfast mandarins make decisions like this and MLMD must do as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Sorry, could someone remind me again what Stanley believes that we never knew he believed?
    Also Stanley's tweet on Vradakar as homophobey as it is,was 2 years ago,why didn't journalists and other politicians following him raise an issue then?

His digression was to post about his party's well known core beliefs for which his party won special acceptances in the Good Friday agreement?

Seriously?

This is woke gone mad
    Its also woke being used as revenge, I'd say FG agents are behind it IMO
    Its going to get worse

• Registered Users Posts: 16,528 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nobotty wrote: »
    Also Stanley's tweet on Vradakar as homophobey as it is,was 2 years ago,why didn't journalists and other politicians following him raise an issue then?

I'm guessing nobody noticed it at the time when he was AN Other SF TD, is only getting attention now because people started digging into his social media history following his tweets about the British Army

• Registered Users Posts: 68,987 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sorry, could someone remind me again what Stanley believes that we never knew he believed?

His digression was to post about his party's well known core beliefs for which his party won special acceptances in the Good Friday agreement?

Seriously?

This is woke gone mad
    Its also woke being used as revenge, I'd say FG agents are behind it IMO
    Its going to get worse

Brid Smith claimed on RTE today that FG have employed somebody to do this full time. Trawl twitter and FB.

FG intend to get down and dirty rather than give up power. Fun times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Brid Smith claimed on RTE today that FG have employed somebody to do this full time. Trawl twitter and FB.

I'd well believe it
    I'd also be concerned that they are so cocky that they don't mind people knowing this
    Its not in FG's gift to give up or attain power
    Thats the peoples gift
    Enough see it as painted here or enough don't
    Thats the nature of it
    On the plus side,this new FG playbook was tried before
    By David Cameron
    And we know where he is now
    Its not at the levers of power
    The best laid plans/schemes often end up uptripped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

"Brid Smith claimed" is about as good as "I heard in a taxi".

FG don't need to employ anyone. Every public figure posting online is scrutinised and as soon as any of them are in the limelight for dubious comments their social media history will be dredged for more dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

More people voted for SF Govt than FF or FG or any other party

Facts

Didn't think we'd be needing this again 10 months after an election, but here we are :rolleyes:

704c39d4-a236-4d0c-aeef-630d615e8a42.jpg

I'd well believe it
    I'd also be concerned that they are so cocky that they don't mind people knowing this
    Its not in FG's gift to give up or attain power
    Thats the peoples gift
    Enough see it as painted here or enough don't
    Thats the nature of it
    On the plus side,this new FG playbook was tried before
    By David Cameron
    And we know where he is now
    Its not at the levers of power
    The best laid plans/schemes often end up uptripped

Agree. But it is gonna get dirty and counterproductive.
    As you see somebody is already on the thread shooting the messenger Brid Smith. Smith said while still criticising Stanley for what she also believes was a homophobic tweet, so no gain in her saying it.

With The ex editor of the Sun onboard the government now, the last ditch cling on of the power swap is gonna be nasty. Redtop politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

The same Brid Smith who was talking about what jacket Leo was wearing :confused:
    Not what anyone would call a reliable source of information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bríd Smith would want to back up her claim with evidence.

The same Brid Smith who was talking about what jacket Leo was wearing :confused:
    Not what anyone would call a reliable source of information

She's now gospel according to Francie.

Desperation is creeping in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Agree. But it is gonna get dirty and counterproductive.
    As you see somebody is already on the thread shooting the messenger Brid Smith. Smith said while still criticising Stanley for what she also believes was a homophobic tweet, so no gain in her saying it.

With The ex editor of the Sun onboard the government now, the last ditch cling on of the power swap is gonna be nasty. Redtop politics.

Brid Smith part of the party which wrote a letter to Sinn Fein begging them to talk and try form a government. She has everything to gain from joining up with SF.

Bríd Smith would want to back up her claim with evidence.

Why? It isn't a crime she was accusing them of even though you might be embarrassed about it.

Brid Smith part of the party which wrote a letter to Sinn Fein begging them to talk and try form a government. She has everything to gain from joining up with SF.

She was criticising SF SK...read the fecking post. She was also criticising FG.

Why? It isn't a crime she was accusing them of even though you might be embarrassed about it.

I never said it was a crime.

But if you make a claim, at least have something to back it up with.

Can we agree on that at least?

Or we can all just run around accusing people of all sorts without any evidence.

That would end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Reading the threads here there's a few lads posting on the shinner, anti govt, side would qualify as potential candidates on the Opposition side. ;)

I never said it was a crime.

But if you make a claim, at least have something to back it up with.

Can we agree on that at least?

Or we can all just run around accusing people of all sorts without any evidence.

That would end well.

Nobody in the studio asked her to back it up. So unless somebody does, what she says is worthy of quoting. Would it embarrass you if they did employ someone? This is the party whose leader was suggesting using anonymous accounts on Twitter after all. They don't appear to take a very ethical approach to online activity.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/varadkar-suggested-creating-anonymous-accounts-online-to-make-positive-comments-on-news-37275799.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Sweet Jesus, 500 plus posts in a month? Is it managed by just you or a few others. It must be exhausting.

Do they give you days off at Xmas? Depending on leakage info of course.

If you want to go down that road 20% of posts in this thread are from one poster. That's close to 1500 posts in this thread defending SF or an average of 360 posts a month in 1 thread!

If anyone deserves a few days off at Christmas it's the Shinners...

Nobody in the studio asked her to back it up. So unless somebody does, what she says is worthy of quoting. Would it embarrass you if they did employ someone? This is the party whose leader was suggesting using anonymous accounts on Twitter after all. They don't appear to take a very ethical approach to online activity.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/varadkar-suggested-creating-anonymous-accounts-online-to-make-positive-comments-on-news-37275799.html

Yeah anyway.

So Brid and you have no evidence of her claim.

More accusations and ranting that leads to nothing.

How's that Garda investigation going into Leo you told us all to "watch this space" for??

Hilarious:) :)

Boring..

• Advertisement

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    If you want to go down that road 20% of posts in this thread are from one poster. That's close to 1500 posts in this thread defending SF or an average of 360 posts a month in 1 thread!

Well in fairness its well known they are paid by HQ to post here, but weldone on the observation.

None of the SF lads who post here constantly defending SF are in the student nurses thread criticising the government except for one.

Really telling.

If they really cared about the citizens and nurses like they claim they would be in that thread putting even half the amount of effort in that they do supporting SF here.

Defend at all costs.

Yeah anyway.

So Brid and you have no evidence of her claim.

More accusations and ranting that leads to nothing.

How's that Garda investigation going into Leo you told us all to "watch this space" for??

Hilarious:) :)

Boring..

It's neither illegal or a big deal jingle. Certainly triggered you though.

It's neither illegal or a big deal jingle. Certainly triggered you though.

I never make a claim about someone without evidence.

Dangerous road to go and you know it Francie.

None of the SF lads who post here constantly defending SF are in the student nurses thread criticising the government except for one.

Really telling.

If they really cared about the citizens and nurses like they claim they would be in that thread putting even half the amount of effort in that they do supporting SF here.

Defend at all costs.

You should report them to whoever is paying them in HQ Jingle.

Poster calls out politician who makes a claim with no back up, can't wait even two posts to hilariously making a claim himself that has no back up. :):):)
    This poster is also a supprter of a party that proposed creating anonymous accounts on twitter that were to praise FG policy. :):)

You guys! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Kraftwerk wrote: »

Well in fairness its well known they are paid by HQ to post here, but weldone on the observation.
    Speaking of well paid..

I'm guessing it's just a coincidence that a prominent FG poster 'disappeared' wink.png from here and 4 or 5 posters appear in his place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Suckit wrote: »
    Speaking of well paid..

I'm guessing it's just a coincidence that a prominent FG poster 'disappeared' wink.png from here and 4 or 5 posters appear in his place?

Was he just a Flash in the pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

being appointed to chair the PAC has consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

People use comparisons in debates about political parties...another shocking revelation.

Having the odd comparison is one thing, but every post of yours is pretty much an attempt to distract from the issues at hand for SF.
    You post more about FG and FF than SF in the SF thread. Says it all.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Having the odd comparison is one thing, but every post of yours is pretty much an attempt to distract from the issues at hand for SF.
    You post more about FG and FF than SF in the SF thread. Says it all.

Simple.
    The reason I voted SF is that I hope they can break the power swap.
    Other than that, I am not a member and would not be actively promoting them. More concerned with getting rid of one of the civil war parties (no odds which one as they are the same) hence I would talk more about them I suppose.

Anything else mark?, you seem overly concerned with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement