Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    A number of SF members standing up for their beliefs and the resignations are starting to accumulate now.

https://twitter.com/ellnicheallaigh/status/1335177133224759297?s=19

https://twitter.com/richardtgarland/status/1335230336469504005?s=19

Some letting their feelings known about this:

https://twitter.com/richardtgarland/status/1335213294110580738?s=19

Such a non-entity that a party member was sent around to the house to correct her views.

Hillarious stuff...already shedding members of their youngest party members, and they arent even in government yet... :D:D

Simple.
    The reason I voted SF is that I hope they can break the power swap.
    Other than that, I am not a member and would not be actively promoting them.

You do know that your actions make lie of your bolded bits. You defend SF to the hilt, day in day out, even when it comes to their PIRA brothers in arms and their murderous campaign.

More concerned with getting rid of one of the civil war parties (no odds which one as they are the same) hence I would talk more about them I suppose.

So, in a SF thread, you rather talk about FF or FG.... :pac:
    Maybe post in the actual relevant thread then, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,987 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    You do know that your actions make lie of your bolded bits. You defend SF to the hilt, day in day out, even when it comes to their PIRA brothers in arms and their murderous campaign.

So, in a SF thread, you rather talk about FF or FG.... :pac:
    Maybe post in the actual relevant thread then, no?

You taking up modding mark? Sounds like it from the backseat there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Simple.
    Other than that, I am not a member and would not be actively promoting them. More concerned with getting rid of one of the civil war parties (no odds which one as they are the same) hence I would talk more about them I suppose.

Anything else mark?, you seem overly concerned with me.

Yet you've almost 1500 posts in this thread alone. More than double the count of the next highest poster and 20% of this thread. You spend an incredible amount of time defending SF (maybe more than anyone else on the site). But you're just a casual SF voter who doesn't promote them?

Pull the other one lol.

You taking up modding mark? Sounds like it from the backseat there.

Oh not at all, its common knowledge that you are fundamentalist backer of SF/IRA.
    It's not even in dispute, but you seem uncomfortable with the marker.

As per posting in the relevant topic, SF posts in the SF thread, FG posts in the FG thread, and so on.... this is just common knowledge, courtesy and politeness.

It is, of course, your own prerogative to continuously post about FG in the FG thread and about FG in the SF thread... :D
    The mods can then deal with that, as they see fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Simple.
    Other than that, I am not a member and would not be actively promoting them. More concerned with getting rid of one of the civil war parties (no odds which one as they are the same) hence I would talk more about them I suppose.

V0l2ZSW.gif?noredirect

V0l2ZSW.gif?noredirect

See how many threads you can find started by me promoting them. Apparently I am paid to do it.

This is water of a ducks back. I know who I am myself - a republican who will defend SF on republican issues and FG FF hypocritical ones. Political ones such as the economic policy, hardly at all. Some social issues, no, wouldn't see eye to eye with them.

That's me, I am happy in my skin, a floating voter whose vote is owned by no-one but me - it's you guys welded to FG FF that seem unhappy. Not happy unless you are poking the sweeping brush under your beds for the dasteredly Shinners that live under it. :D

So, its been some week for SF. All of it their own doing.

It started with Stanley glorifying PIRA murderous violence but conveniently omitting the same murderous act of PIRA violence, on the same day that killed a 14 and 15 year old boys, an old 83-year-old lady and an old man. The only slow learners in the room were the PIRA and their modern-day supporters who will defend kill killers all day and every day.

This went on and on, so much so, Stanley had to delete his Twitter account once more homophobic tweets were uncovered, tweets a teenager would have written, not the chairman of PAC.

Then we had the interview about Chinese chicken, spreading falsehoods and nonsense online, the radio presenter did a good job calling him out on it. As a public rep, he has responsibility in what he says.

Then we had his wife giving out about the free press, and boasting that if/when SF go into power, they are going to strip RTE of their public funding. Trump and Putin would be proud of that. Also, she is a SF councillor and gave Gemm o'D a vote to run for the presidential elections... yes, she is one of 'them' like many of SF are.

Then we had the news that SF sent a man over to a young woman's house, when she criticised the party online on social media, over their lack of seriousness in regards homophobic and xenophobic abuse. She resigned from the party there and then, along with a slew of others who are also in Orga SF, bringing up the debacle of a few years ago when SF lost 20% of its councillors due to allegations of bullying from SF HQ (aka the boys from West Belfast, they haven't gone away you know).

SF are not a normal party, they are more like a mafia, whose top branch in West Belfast really call all the shots. Its party before anything and everything else, and if you don't toe the line, expect a knock on your door, from a goon.

On top of all this, Stanley's positions as chairman of PAC is almost untenable at this stage, with Catherine Murphy and others not too pleased with his banal explanation.
    The boys from SF UK, in West Belfast, has sent him on gardening leave for a week, probably to get his affairs in order.

So, all in all, a 'good' week for SF?

Did I miss anything?

See how many threads you can find started by me promoting them. Apparently I am paid to do it.

This is water of a ducks back. I know who I am myself - a republican who will defend SF on republican issues and FG FF hypocritical ones. Political ones such as the economic policy, hardly at all. Some social issues, no, wouldn't see eye to eye with them.

That's me, I am happy in my skin, a floating voter whose vote is owned by no-one but me - it's you guys welded to FG FF that seem unhappy. Not happy unless you are poking the sweeping brush under your beds for the dasteredly Shinners that live under it. :D

So why do you defend SF on economic issues and issues such as Covid chicken to bullying to sending a man to someone's house to get her to delete a tweet?

Is someones actions on Social Media all related to 'SF Republcian' issues?

So why do you defend SF on economic issues and issues such as Covid chicken to bullying to sending a man to someone's house to get her to delete a tweet?

Is someones actions on Social Media all related to 'SF Republcian' issues?

I don't defend them on economic issues much Mark...is what I said.

What's the Covid chicken about? Stanley's radio interview where he wondered was it safe? I did a bit of research and all around he world in March people where confused and asking questions. Plenty of confusion here too. People from the worst affected countries flying in...people going to Cheltenham while others were restricting, whether to mask or not, Covid 1, 2, 3, 4,......16, 17 and 18 etc etc.

I see somebody challenging the journalist on the 'sinister man who called to the house' saying that he was actually her next door neighbour. So we'll see how 'sinister' that was as the story develops.

So why indeed mark. You take a wee break from the modding there, I'm nt the subject of the thread. Deal with the content of any post I make not me and why I post. None of your business as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Simple.

Anything else mark?, you seem overly concerned with me.

Thats an interesting motivation
    I don't think I'd call them power swap as they never ever willingly swapped ironically untill this year when SF's success forced them to agree to swap for the first time :D
    But I can see what you mean

I don't defend them on economic issues much Mark...is what I said.

Oh Really??

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114773594&postcount=9252

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114896922&postcount=10166

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113215533&postcount=4613

Again, it's getting easier and easier to debunk your posts because there are also posts yesterday contradicting what you said today and will say tomorrow.

What's the Covid chicken about? Stanley's radio interview where he wondered was it safe?
    He can wonder all he wants in private, but the presenter called him out on it, he had zero evidence that it was not safe and was just scaremongering, like out of the anti-vax playbook. As a public representative, he needs to be careful with his use of words and 'wondering' out loud.
    He made himself look like an idiot in regards to that issue.
    Again, though you are defending him on this and it has nothing to do with Republicanism, but there is a question about competency from a SF TD.
    I see somebody challenging the journalist on the 'sinister man who called to the house' saying that he was actually her next door neighbour. So we'll see how 'sinister' that was as the story develops.

Who is this somebody? Someone on Twitter? :D:D
    So why indeed mark. You take a wee break from the modding there, I'm nt the subject of the thread. Deal with the content of any post I make not me and why I post. None of your business as far as I know.

I'm not modding at all, as you well know. I am just calling you out on your posts, using your very own words.
    Let the mods mod Francie, and you look after your own patch and posts.

As I said before, if a poster is saying A today and B tomorrow then they will be called out on it. If you don't like being called out on your hypocrisy then perhaps be more consistent in your viewpoints and don't let the door wide open for such attacks.

Roman Shortall, who is a big Social Media supporter of SF appears to be having second thoughts.....
    The truth slowly dawning....

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1334851336115007489

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Oh Really??

Again, it's getting easier and easier to debunk your posts because there are also posts yesterday contradicting what you said today and will say tomorrow.
    Are we reading different threads, or are you linking to posts you hope others won't read??
    The first post you quoted there states that he hasn't taken any side on it. The 2nd post is from the same conversation. The last quote is asking if the current government can give any clarity to another posters claims...
    Seriously. This is WTF stuff. There is attempts at point scoring, and then there is this.

Roman Shortall, who is a big Social Media supporter of SF appears to be having second thoughts.....
    The truth slowly dawning....

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1334851336115007489

I think you might find that is in reference to an official FG party account attacking him earlier.

Suckit wrote: »
    Are we reading different threads, or are you linking to posts you hope others won't read??
    The first post you quoted there states that he hasn't taken any side on it. The 2nd post is from the same conversation. The last quote is asking if the current government can give any clarity to another posters claims...
    Seriously. This is WTF stuff. There is attempts at point scoring, and then there is this.

mark in his rush doesn't seem to know what 'I don't defend SF economic policy much' means either. He is in full on attack the poster mode for a while now. Getting a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Oh Really??

He can wonder all he wants in private, but the presenter called him out on it, he had zero evidence that it was not safe and was just scaremongering, like out of the anti-vax playbook. As a public representative, he needs to be careful with his use of words and 'wondering' out loud.
    He made himself look like an idiot in regards to that issue.
    Again, though you are defending him on this and it has nothing to do with Republicanism, but there is a question about competency from a SF TD.

Who is this somebody? Someone on Twitter? :D:D

https://twitter.com/search?q=neighbour%20from%3Achristineomg5&f=live

I think you might find that is in reference to an official FG party account attacking him earlier.

Not at all, it's about SF sending out their goons to ask a young woman to take down a tweet, wile all the SF supporters on Twitter defend the action... something Roman is uncomfortable with.

Its all there on Twitter if you look.

Seamus Lynch, a SF member and ex-candidate for the Dail?

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/seamus-lynch-selected-as-sinn-fein-candidate-in-east-meath-27105435.html

Tell me again how this disproves what I said about SF sending one of its goons to this girl's house?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

She was criticising SF SK...read the fecking post. She was also criticising FG.

Strange that, considering she got elected on SF surplus.

If SF had another candidate she’d be on the PUP.

Smith just criticizes everyone, and draws her wedge nice and cosy.

• Advertisement

Seamus Lynch, a SF member and ex-candidate for the Dail?

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/seamus-lynch-selected-as-sinn-fein-candidate-in-east-meath-27105435.html

Tell me again how this disproves what I said about SF sending one of its goons to this girl's house?

:) please be my guest and show us your proof that anybody sent anyone and this wasnt just a chat over the garden wall.
    Oh wait you will take the word of someone who's oath you wouldn't have believed on Friday.

Me, I will wair to see if the neighbour has amything to say about the matter now he has been named.

Strange that, considering she got elected on SF surplus.

If SF had another candidate she’d be on the PUP.

Smith just criticizes everyone, and draws her wedge nice and cosy.

None of which makes her wrong about FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm ..lot of anger out there.

I’m hearing of a lot of unrest in the PAC.

Stanno might have an extended holiday, perhaps.

Hmmm ..lot of anger out there.

I’m hearing of a lot of unrest in the PAC.

Stanno might have an extended holiday, perhaps.

Shure tis anger has us here a chara. 'Subscribe to our version of history or we'll organise to cancel you, prod the faux woke brigade, then you'll be the sorry boy'

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

for the record, I don't see why either of Stanley's tweets ought to make him some sort of a Pariah. He supported the IRA in 1979 and sees it as no different to 1920. The "homophobic" one was a rather silly dig at Leo, but pertinent to a point and the outrage sums up the woke left and its contradiction between "social" liberalism and pretty much apathy to anything to do with real concerns of working people.

If I was a republican who still votes or is in SF I would be more concerned at the haste to set the band wagon jumpers like Reilly on him.

The outrage of some of the newbies and their hanger on like Shortall and others in the gay rights industry is re-assuring in that it predicts that the current SF constituency will eventually fall apart as it was doing prior to their winning the Lotto in February.

(Just noticed i like a Francie post. Must lie down!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

As SF gets more and more woke, it's activists will become an electoral problem for it.

Woke politics is all about making yourself the centre of struggle, fighting back against your oppression and opponents, which you'll have to make if you can't find, regardless of the fact you are going to likely be very well to do.

What is that girl in Meath doing but using this to make herself the story.

Woke is the age old problem of the Left, internal division, splits and animosity on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Bonniedog wrote: »
    for the record, I don't see why either of Stanley's tweets ought to make him some sort of a Pariah. He supported the IRA in 1979 and sees it as no different to 1920...

Stop right there ...

ALARM BELL RINGS :mad:

For that is the very essence as to why he's being attacked by all sides. Once you start equating the actions of a terrorist group in 79' or 80' with what went before at the birth of this State then you run straight into a big problem, as Stanley has discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Stop right there ...

ALARM BELL RINGS :mad:

For that is the very essence as to why he's being attacked and cast out by all sides. Once you start equating the actions of a terrorist group in 79' or 80' with what went before at the birth of this State then you run straight into a big problem, as Stanley has discovered.

For some but many of us view Narrow water as a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Danzy wrote: »
    For some but many of us view Narrow water as a success.

Yes, of course from a Provisional IRA/terrorism perspective that day was a great success. But don't expect kudos from this State, our President, or the Dail for terrorist attacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yes, of course from a Provisional IRA that day was a great success.

So what's the problem then?

Some people, including elected members of the Dail are free to express those views if they so wish, I've said it before and I will again, Stanley was wrong to bow to pressure and remove his tweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement