Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would love to see the SF front bench in full Spitting Image. I would have them in their beréts and shades, gloves tucked into the shoulder straps. I would have Mary Lou done Che Guevara style, puffing away on Cigars and delivering bollickings. Dessie would constantly be fiddling with the telephone wires and setting booby traps, Deise would be singing rebel songs drunk in the corner. I would have O'Broin apologising for house calls by over zealous SF fans, FFS what a shambles. It is only freedom of speech as long as you are singing our tunes.

I am sure someone will be on now to post some bile about Arlene Foster. I tell you one thing she mightn't be getting an invite to mine at Christmas either, but when you father is shot, you have to move home and then your own life is almost blown to bits on a school bus one morning I reckon you tend to develop a certain bias over who or what the enemy are all about? If you really wanted a United Ireland you would be listening to her.... rather than thinking you have an obligation to take the piss out of everything she says, she has a mandate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

walshb wrote: »
    She chose to be a member of the party, and then thinks she can just jump onto her social media to criticise and slag the party free and easy with no challenge?

Whether one likes or dislikes SF, they are still a party..

Why the such public expression of dissatisfaction here? An absolute attention seeker with a personal agenda, with no regard for her team..a me feiner.

No party would tolerate this, or at least should not..you’re either a team player or a lone wolf. And if you have issues, then follow party rules and discuss internally before running your mouth off criticising your party for likes on social media.

That has to be the biggest load of tripe I've heard.
    If I'm a member of a club/group/political party and someone has done wrong - it's my duty to call it out. This idea of protecting a group for the benefit of that group over all else is incredibly wrong on so many levels.
    You'd do well in the trump campaign with that thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

IAMAMORON wrote:
    115529864 Dessie would constantly be fiddling with the telephone wires and setting booby traps

If Dessie was enginering devices back in the day it was a brave provo who'd plant one, Dessie aint the sharpest tool in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 68,986 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mynamejeff wrote: »
    but they aren't a party like the other parties are they ?

a knock on the door at night by some powerful un named party associate is normal ?

no party whip in sf/ira ? or is the nutting squad still going even with story dead

:D He was her next door neighbour and he has been named by her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

The usual nonsense..

SF are not governing. You are pretty much espousing what they have been espousing. Protesting and criticising non stop from the sidelines..

No real zeal to actually take the reins of power and govern and make the decisions needed..

FF/FG/Greens are governing...that is the important point. But, to you, an obvious protest type voter, of course they are not..

FF have been governing well after a jittery start. Right now Michael Martin, McGrath, Donohoe and Coveney look like the only grown ups in the Dail. The opposition know it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,771 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Triangle wrote: »
    That has to be the biggest load of tripe I've heard.
    If I'm a member of a club/group/political party and someone has done wrong - it's my duty to call it out. This idea of protecting a group for the benefit of that group over all else is incredibly wrong on so many levels.
    You'd do well in the trump campaign with that thinking.

In a free for all social media capacity?

Mother of Jaysus, I’d hate to have you on any team I’d be in..

An out and out me feiner...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

:D He was her next door neighbour and he has been named by her.

More insidious that way

More insidious that way

You think he was 'sent' to live beside her, keep an eye on her? :)

In a free for all social media capacity?

Mother of Jaysus, I’d hate to have you on any team I’d be in..

An out and out me feiner...

That's the difference between us then. My morals and beliefs don't bend for a tribe.

FF have been governing well after a jittery start. Right now Michael Martin, McGrath, Donohoe and Coveney look like the only grown ups in the Dail. The opposition know it too

I'd agree here. Martin surprises me by the day. I can see him gaining on FG and maybe if he can keep it up get some back from SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,771 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Triangle wrote: »
    That's the difference between us then. My morals and beliefs don't bend for a tribe.

Nobody said anything about turning a blind eye..

The tweet here was out. We all know about it

There has been condemnation..

Your own members jumping in on the attack is the issue. Publicly online as well..

You clearly have no concept of loyalty, due process, internal rules etc relating to this.

There absolutely has to be damage limitation and control, and when your own party members want to be free to do as they please relating to your party...that is the issue..

This person was saying nothing that none of us already knew. SF were dealing with it. They acknowledged it. We all knew of it..

Then she thinks it’s acceptable to publicly go online to keep stirring it against her own party..

FFS..she is completely in the wrong in how she went about this. She was looking for attention. Plain and simple. At the expense of further damaging the party she chose to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

More insidious that way

To any rational person a political party getting in touch with members and having them call into neighbours houses to insist students remove comments from their social media page because it makes them look bad is worrying. To the shinners it's called a "neighbourly chat" .

Bit like how that former SF councillor water boarding that lad in the garage was just a friendly warning because he thought he was gonna steal his bike.

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    To any rational person a political party getting in touch with members and having them call into neighbours houses to insist students remove comments from their social media page because it makes them look bad is worrying. To the shinners it's called a "neighbourly chat" .

Bit like how that former SF councillor water boarding that lad in the garage was just a friendly warning because he thought he was gonna steal his bike.

Story has grown legs. Who said or how do you know 'a political party got in touch wirh members'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Story has grown legs. Who said or how do you know 'a political party got in touch wirh members'?

so it was just a party members acting on his own then you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mr B.... please..... the whole country Still doesn’t have definite knowledge as to whether Mr Adams was a member if the IRA or not.

Would you ever stop this auld arse boxing.... SF is like a black hole in space, #notanormalparty.

Mr B.... please..... the whole country Still doesn’t have definite knowledge as to whether Mr Adams was a member if the IRA or not.

Would you ever stop this auld arse boxing.... SF is like a black hole in space, #notanormalparty.

I thought all you guys were CERTAIN he was in it.

:):)

Not as funny as the Corkman burning Northern Bank notes in his back garden, poor phucker ran out of petrol.

Grown legs? It's the original statement about him showing up at her house. She said he told her parents that he received a phone call from head office about her tweets and she needs to remove them. She said it was inappropriate for him to call to the house.

Meanwhile you've invented your own little story about a neighbourly chat over the fence.

Bambi wrote: »
    If Dessie was enginering devices back in the day it was a brave provo who'd plant one, Dessie aint the sharpest tool in the box

Ask that young fella from Wexford, he got some first hand knowledge at a very high price. Only 20 years of age. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Not as funny as the Corkman burning Northern Bank notes in his back garden, poor phucker ran out of petrol.

I'm related to him. He finds it funny too. Probably not at the time though.

• Advertisement

Grown legs? It's the original statement about him showing up at her house. She said he told her parents that he received a phone call from head office about her tweets and she needs to remove them. She said it was inappropriate for him to call to the house.

Meanwhile you've invented your own little story about a neighbourly chat over the fence.

So your evidence is the person making the claim.

Alrighty!

Alrighty!

you think its a lie then ?

why would one party member make up such a story about another party member?

Alrighty!

You claimed the story had grown legs and asked who said this. I'm reminding you of what was said given you've conveniently forgotten and ended up with a different account of what happened.

My source that it happened is the person who has given a detailed account including quotes of what was said while the person named and the party have not denied it.

It's looking likely that it's true. By all means show me a contradictory account instead of making up your own version of events.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Hahaha Mícheál let his Tanastie away free with leaking confidential information to his mates and lying to the Dail.

The reason FF are at near 10% in the polls is because FG are running rings around them

mynamejeff wrote: »
    you think its a lie then ?

why would one party member make up such a story about another party member?

Why indeed.

Because for you guys a chat for a neighbour isn't insidious enough?

What do you guys make of the 'whip' system in a party by the way? Do you call that bullying...just wondering.

When a leader knocks back an upstart TD = bullying?

In this instance, like in all claim and counter claim incidents, I would like to hear both sides of a story and any independent information relevant before jumping up and down in outrage.
    It would be why I didn't rush to call for resignations in the GolfGate affair or in the Leo The Leak incident or the funerals. Let us hear all the info first.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Ask that young fella from Wexford, he got some first hand knowledge at a very high price. Only 20 years of age. Shocking stuff.

Hope poor Wes and Harris didn’t buy a unit from that source.

As a nixer.

Bit unstable......ummmm

My source that it happened is the person who has given a detailed account including quotes of what was said while the person named and the party have not denied it.

It's looking likely that it's true. By all means show me a contradictory account instead of making up your own version of events.

So your evidence is coming from the person making the claim.

Alrighty, I say again.

All I have said is 'it may be this other way' and it may not. If you went into a court you would expect to be challenged on a claim and have people give their version.

Why indeed.

Because for you guys a chat for a neighbour isn't insidious enough?

What do you guys make of the 'whip' system in a party by the way? Do you call that bullying...just wondering.

When a leader knocks back an upstart TD = bullying?

In this instance, like in all claim and counter claim incidents, I would like to hear both sides of a story and any independent information relevant before jumping up and down in outrage.
    It would be why I didn't rush to call for resignations in the GolfGate affair or in the Leo The Leak incident or the funerals. Let us hear all the info first.

where did the story come from ? A sf/ira member ? or do you think she is a donniebrasco plant like of of the shinnerbots out there ?

do sf/ira have the whip system ? if so why wasn't it used here ?

there is only one side here though sf/ira . nothing to do with any other party in spite of some of you trying to make it ,

Nobody said anything about turning a blind eye..

The tweet here was out. We all know about it

There has been condemnation..

Your own members jumping in on the attack is the issue. Publicly online as well..

You clearly have no concept of loyalty, due process, internal rules etc relating to this.

There absolutely has to be damage limitation and control, and when your own party members want to be free to do as they please relating to your party...that is the issue..

This person was saying nothing that none of us already knew. SF were dealing with it. They acknowledged it. We all knew of it..

Then she thinks it’s acceptable to publicly go online to keep stirring it against her own party..

FFS..she is completely in the wrong in how she went about this. She was looking for attention. Plain and simple. At the expense of further damaging the party she chose to join.

Unfortunately I know how large organisations work. They will be more interested in protecting themselves and the only way they might change is if the members give out enough either.
    They will be working behind the scenes to rally support and not interested in opinions.

• Advertisement

So your evidence is coming from the person making the claim.

Alrighty, I say again.

All I have said is 'it may be this other way' and it may not. If you went into a court you would expect to be challenged on a claim and have people give their version.

You didn't ask for evidence you asked who said it lol. Does this lame tactic usually work? Ask one question then pretend it was a different question when it's answered?

"all I've said"... And again you're conveniently forgetting what was said. By yourself this time!

"Again, the obvious conclusion is usually the correct one. A chat with a neighbour being used by various agendas."

Would that hold up in court Francie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement