Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I'm related to him. He finds it funny too. Probably not at the time though.

You can only spend them in the OSC. They weren't worth the half of it.

What was the hooers name again? One of the funniest stories I heard ( kind of )

• Registered Users Posts: 68,986 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mynamejeff wrote: »
    where did the story come from ? A sf/ira member ? or do you think she is a donniebrasco plant like of of the shinnerbots out there ?

do sf/ira have the whip system ? if so why wasn't it used here ?

there is only one side here though sf/ira . nothing to do with any other party in spite of some of you trying to make it ,

So somebody you wouldn't have a believed a word from on Friday makes a claim and you believe it without any evidence.

:) Alrighty.

Laughing here at you guys. As long as it is what you want to hear, no evidence required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Sinn Fein has handled everything poorly this week, which has resulted in something that was originally completely minor and a non story spinning into something pretty serious.

To make matters worse, they now have another sitting TD making social media gaffs:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/andrews-in-apology-for-anti-trans-tweets-likes-39830416.html

To accuse that young woman of lying without any basis is just plain weird also. You don't have defend everything a party does. It's ok to disagree with some things that your favourite party does, it doesnt make you a traitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Brid Smith claimed on RTE today that FG have employed somebody to do this full time. Trawl twitter and FB.

FG intend to get down and dirty rather than give up power. Fun times ahead.

Sinn fein have a whole trolling trawling team in their hq in Belfast. Every soundbite is checked. The mood of people are checked. If it's a runner, they jump on the bandwagon.

This is not anti SF, it's simply how they do it.

Rarely do they get it wrong - water charges was one example as the Belfast mandarins didn't quite get it.

FG should have done this long ago to get SF to start answering. Their tds, senators and councillors have many many cobwebs.

SF search historical matters, everyone else should do the same. Maybe people who currently think SF are ready to govern will start seeing who they actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Darc19 wrote: »
    Sinn fein have a whole trolling trawling team in their hq in Belfast. Every soundbite is checked. The mood of people are checked. If it's a runner, they jump on the bandwagon.

Rarely do they get it wrong - water charges was one example as the Belfast mandarins didn't quite get it.

FG should have done this long ago to get SF to start answering. Their tds, senators and councillors have many many cobwebs.

SF search historical matters, everyone else should do the same. Maybe people who currently think SF are ready to govern will start seeing who they actually are.

Correct.... they only go for the odds on wager.

Here’s the next one.......

Student Nurses Pay

Stanno’s outburst prevented a more focused battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Sinn Fein has handled everything poorly this week, which has resulted in something that was originally completely minor and a non story spinning into something pretty serious.

To make matters worse, they now have another sitting TD making social media gaffs:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/andrews-in-apology-for-anti-trans-tweets-likes-39830416.html

To accuse that young woman of lying without any basis is just plain weird also. You don't have defend everything a party does. It's ok to disagree with some things that your favourite party does, it doesnt make you a traitor.
    Sums up much of what goes wrong with discussion forums. Problem wit all party fans but especially SF fans

Darc19 wrote: »

This may not or may well be true. And before shinnerbots jump in to pooh pooh it, there's nothing wrong if they do this. It's smart politics.

SF are the ones with both the volunteer base and the financial resources to do this best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

So somebody you wouldn't have a believed a word from on Friday makes a claim and you believe it without any evidence.

:) Alrighty.

Laughing here at you guys. As long as it is what you want to hear, no evidence required.

its a internal party issue being washed in public.

its the manner that it is being handled in that lays bare once again sf/ira way of doing things

why didn't sf use the party whip rather than sending some one around ?

Mod: Forum banned for (another) threadban breach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

It'll be very interesting in the Dail this coming week, re how Brian Stanley handles the backlash regarding his tweets.
    If he stands by (and defends) his his Provo tweet then the temperature really will be turned up :)

Sounds like he's already finished as the Chairperson of the PAC anyway, so he's toast.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    its a internal party issue being washed in public.

its the manner that it is being handled in that lays bare once again sf/ira way of doing things

why didn't sf use the party whip rather than sending some one around ?

It's a claim that has to be examined as that.

You have no evidence that it was directed by 'the party'. End of.

You are choosing to believe the story you want to hear...end of.

• Advertisement

It's a claim that has to be examined as that.

You have no evidence that it was directed by 'the party'. End of.

You are choosing to believe the story you want to hear...end of.

Jaysus Francie you have some engine when it comes to dishing out denials.

It is the epitome of an anti democratic set up.

The cheek of the hooers, getting in the face of a free state citizen, ( or deniable intimidaton , have your pick , it is a free state the last time i looked).

Everyone knows the truth.

They will be staring her out of it down the supermarket next.

For fear of ruining Sinn Fein's reputation?

You couldn't make it up.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Jaysus Francie you have some engine when it comes to dishing out denials.

It is the epitome of an anti democratic set up.

The cheek of the hooers, getting in the face of a free state citizen, ( or deniable intimidaton , have your pick , it is a free state the last time i looked).

Everyone knows the truth.

Yeh? Everyone?

Sure I can say EVERYONE knows what Leo really did in the Leak story.

Stop claiming stuff you cannot back up.

It'll be very interesting in the Dail this coming week, re how Brian Stanley handles the backlash regarding his tweets.
    If he stands by (and defends) his his Provo tweet then the temperature really will be turned up :)

Sounds like he's already finished as the Chairperson of the PAC anyway, so he's toast.

That would be my opinion too, like a lot of the Shinners they like to butter on both sides of their bread.

Like Cullinane, exulting as how they ‘broke the bastard State’ but not afraid to take the States wedge.

Then Stanley after two despicable tweets expects to hold a position as Chairman of the PAC.

Who do these tossers think they are?

Do they think they think people are idiots.

Or are they depending on the people who can’t see through their flimsy tactics.

Yeh? Everyone?

Sure I can say EVERYONE knows what Leo really did in the Leak story.

Stop claiming stuff you cannot back up.

Thing is everyone knows he leaked the document.

But only the haters want to see the back of him. He has bottle and he got himself out of a hole , with the support of his supporters.

It takes guts to run a country, he has it in spades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

I keep saying this, is anyone actually surprised at this carry on?
    Sure it wasn't too long ago a load of TD's walked out the door because of the carry on in the party
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-loses-13-public-representatives-over-bullying-claims-1.3381372
    This is the best bit: An investigation by party headquarters, which included a five-hour interview with two officials, failed to find any substance to his allegations.
    Can't really get on the bad side of Dessie Ellis either can you??

That would be my opinion too, like a lot of the Shinners they like to butter on both sides of their bread.

Like Cullinane, exulting as how they ‘broke the bastard State’ but not afraid to take the States wedge.

Then Stanley after two despicable tweets expects to hold a position as Chairman of the PAC.

Who do these tossers think they are?

Do they think they think people are idiots.

Or are they depending on the people who can’t see through their flimsy tactics.
    The war cry I was aware of was "We broke the Free State" by Cullinane's campaign manager. I thought it a bit sad to be claiming to have "broken" a political entity that technically ceased to exist in 1937 and was superseded by a republic in 1949. It betrayed a certain ossification of ideology.

But only the haters want to see the back of him. He has bottle and he got himself out of a hole , with the support of his supporters.

Guts and criminality, if he did it for personal or party political gain.

If I was Eoin O Broin I'd be careful about opening my door late at night for the next week or two. (It might be Francie Brady wanting to know why Eoin cut the ground from under Francie's last couple of hiundred posts) :)

"Speaking on RTE’s This Week in Politics Mr O Broin said that Mr Stanley had shown ‘colossal errors of judgement’ in relation to his social media activity"

"Sinn Fein TD Eoin O Broin said that online abuse directed at an ex-Sinn Fein member is not helping the party"

https://extra.ie/2020/12/06/news/irish-news/o-broin-abuse-ex-sinn-fein

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Waffle.
    It takes a lot more than that. Integrity would be one major factor, of which he is lacking (the leak alone shows that).
    Another would be the ability to understand and accept a balance of powers, something he is incapable of doing. Toys out of pram comes to mind.
    Plenty of other things, also which he doesn't have.
    Character.
    The ability to compromise.
    And so on.. People are known to have a massive dislike for cronyism (that's an understatement) etc. as it is often associated with corruption.

• Advertisement

rdwight wrote: »
    If I was Eoin O Broin I'd be careful about opening my door late at night for the next week or two. (It might be Francie Brady wanting to know why Eoin cut the ground from under Francie's last couple of hiundred posts) :)

"Speaking on RTE’s This Week in Politics Mr O Broin said that Mr Stanley had shown ‘colossal errors of judgement’ in relation to his social media activity"

"Sinn Fein TD Eoin O Broin said that online abuse directed at an ex-Sinn Fein member is not helping the party"

You might have a point if I had said anything about the above.
    Never said a word about 'online abuse the claimant was getting'. Any abuse online is wrong.
    I have also said Stanley's tweet was low quality. I just see no reason to see it as homophobic from his explanation.
    If he changes that explanation...fair enough.

I also said his Kilmicael tweet was insensitive and he was right to apologise for that. Nobody should be triumphalising war or conflict.

rdwight wrote: »

Eoin not too worried , between himself and the Mott trousering a nice wedge for achieving absolutely nothing.

Nice work if you can get it.

Suckit wrote: »
    Waffle.
    It takes a lot more than that. Integrity would be one major factor, of which he is lacking (the leak alone shows that).
    Another would be the ability to understand and accept a balance of powers, something he is incapable of doing. Toys out of pram comes to mind.
    Plenty of other things, also which he doesn't have.
    Character.
    The ability to compromise.
    And so on.. People are known to have a massive dislike for cronyism (that's an understatement) etc. as it is often associated with corruption.

Crank away, all gubbermints are somewhat corrupted.

The reality is that the country is more comfortable without spoofers at the wheel .

People respect Leo Varadker.

Cronyism, jeepers if you are going to fling mud have a look at the ground you pick it off.

Everyone knows.

Knocking on doors over a tweet, ffs.

Eoin not too worried , between himself and the Mott trousering a nice wedge for achieving absolutely nothing.

You are obsessed with the 'wedge' Brendi.
    It's not like these guys are running around preening themselves buying designer gear or dining in restaurants for pr shots.
    Or sailing the expensive yachts or spinning around in the shiny mercs.
    I'd say those party's with the most millionaires would be the ones concernex with the 'wedge' they are getting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I keep saying this, is anyone actually surprised at this carry on?
    Sure it wasn't too long ago a load of TD's walked out the door because of the carry on in the party
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-loses-13-public-representatives-over-bullying-claims-1.3381372
    This is the best bit: An investigation by party headquarters, which included a five-hour interview with two officials, failed to find any substance to his allegations.
    Can't really get on the bad side of Dessie Ellis either can you??

It's more his missus you'd worry about, Dessie must have taught her some nice Karate kicks, as Noeleen Reillys shins will attest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

God be with the days of the average industrial wage Bren.

Although that turned out to be an exercise in smoke and mirrors...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Crank away, all gubbermints are somewhat corrupted.

The reality is that the country is more comfortable without spoofers at the wheel .

People respect Leo Varadker.

Cronyism, jeepers if you are going to fling mud have a look at the ground you pick it off.

Everyone knows.

Knocking on doors over a tweet, ffs.

??
    Far too many issues with that post. But to pick just one.

Leo not a spoofer??? :pac::pac::D

The rest aside, at least you didn't try and defend him. That's something I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You are obsessed with the 'wedge' Brendi.
    It's not like these guys are running around preening themselves buying designer gear or dining in restaurants for pr shots.
    Or sailing the expensive yachts or spinning around in the shiny mercs.
    I'd say those party's with the most millionaires would be the ones concernex with the 'wedge' they are getting myself.

Eoineen and Lynn are trousering a tidy amount between them, that Senators gig must soften the blow of being suddenly turfed out of the Brussels Buffet like that

Cant wait till Eoineen starts tweeting his seafood dinner parties again. I'm sure himself, the missus and their pals have fascinating convos on what the lower classes really require in housing over a nice bottle or two of Pinot Grigio. :o

I often wonder when Northern Shinners will realise just how far down the river the party has sold them in the south, Stalwarts of the party from the bad days thrown under the bus to appease an offended wokester.

Taken over and eaten from the inside out, just like the Labour party :o

Bambi wrote: »
    If Dessie was enginering devices back in the day it was a brave provo who'd plant one, Dessie aint the sharpest tool in the box

He did manage to get credit for living the frugal life on the Average Industrial Wage for several years all the while he was drawing the full whack of his €90k+ TD's salary. Maybe smarter than he appears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

padd b1975 wrote: »
    God be with the days of the average industrial wage Bren.

Although that turned out to be an exercise in smoke and mirrors...

SF PR machine: We take the average industrial wage. We're one of you guys! FF and FG aren't improving anything, a change is needed, SF are the party of the future.

Reality: Bunch of RA heads singing up the RA on getting elected. Convicted terrorist sitting in the Dail pocketing 90k a year. TDs tweeting homophobic and transphobic crap. TDs glorifying terrorism. Anti vaxer TDs criticising the HSE over vaccines. TDs ignoring and encouraging the ignoring of restrictions during a pandemic to go to the funeral of one of their own. Etc etc

I do feel bad for poor floating voters like Francie though. So embarrassed at being duped into believing SF were a credible alternative to government and not a bunch of backwards RA heads that they must spend every waking hour defending these backwards bull**** artists for fear of having to accept they voted for utter gob****es.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement