Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Who exactly does Stanley think he is to give himself a fortnights holiday before he accounts for his actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Ever hear of doing something tough to get someone to up their game? Instead of the negative reaction to being challenged and the dirty politics, that's all these lads have to do. Be better.
    I get your attitude and you are entitled to it. Just wondering about the rationale.

I've explained my rationale, that I won't vote for someone i deem worse than the incumbents. And to paraphrase you, all SF have to be is better than what is in there, but unfortunately they come up short time and again IMO.

If SF, or anyone were to come up with semi coherent policies I would vote for them in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,980 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    I've explained my rationale, that I won't vote for someone i deem worse than the incumbents. And to paraphrase you, all SF have to be is better than what is in there, but unfortunately they come up short time and again IMO.

If SF, or anyone were to come up with semi coherent policies I would vote for them in the morning.

Well I voted for someone and they effected immediate change, the end of the pretence FF and FG are offering different things. Savage return on my punt imo, even if SF fade away over the course of the term. Politics won't be the same again because I think it will uncouple many of those owned votes that will float around from now on. Everyone will have to up their games.

Who exactly does Stanley think he is to give himself a fortnights holiday before he accounts for his actions?

Don't think he broke any rules, clearly a mechanism there to allow it. How long did t take to get Helen McEntee to come to the house? Within a few days of the story breaking Stanley agreed to give a statement to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Well I voted for someone and they effected immediate change, the end of the pretence FF and FG are offering different things. Savage return on my punt imo, even if SF fade away over the course of the term. Politics won't be the same again because I think it will uncouple many of those owned votes that will float around from now on. Everyone will have to up their games.

Good that you are happy with your vote, as am I given that I still think I made the best choice out of the options in front of me.

Rather than parties upping their game, I'd argue voting for populist nonsense such as abolishing property tax for example, could lead to even more narrowing of the tax base which we all know the dangers of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

In this instance, like in all claim and counter claim incidents, I would like to hear both sides of a story and any independent information relevant before jumping up and down in outrage.

Well, I call bull on that. You were giving a running commentary regarding the issues Leo was having last month, predicting resignations and so on.... now its "let's wait for all the evidence" malarky.

Do as I say, not as I do.

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, I call bull on that. You were giving a running commentary regarding the issues Leo was having last month, predicting resignations and so on.... now its "let's wait for all the evidence" malarky.

Do as I say, not as I do.

What more evidence did you need when he confessed to wrongdoing?

Take a hike on that one mark.

And we have the SIPO investigation report do we? :pac:

markodaly wrote: »
    And we have the SIPO investigation report do we? :pac:

He confessed to it. If Stanley 'confessed' to homophobia he should be gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He needs to see which way the wind is blowing and so do SF.

• Advertisement

Do we have the SIPO report yet.... the answer is, of course, no... therefore your statement about you, waiting for all the facts to come out is bull$hit..

We don’t need a confession, the evidence is plain as day and has been from the start.

Doing things in the wrong way (process) is not the same as wrongdoing (substance).

You know this, I know this, the world knows this, yet you choose to deny it and disingenuously accuse Leo of wrongdoing.

Take a hike on your moralising

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Dara Murphy maybe?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Ah, SF TD Chris Andrews. The gift that keeps on giving.

chris-andrews-assad-pic-2-310x415.jpg

Also...
    Meanwhile, Sinn Féin said it would not be commenting on remarks Andrews made on a now deleted Twitter account – @brianformerff - last year in which he was heavily critical of Sinn Féin and party president Gerry Adams over his alleged IRA past.

The 49-year-old set up the account anonymously to criticise Fianna Fáil and its leader Micheál Martin.

Andrews's identity was revealed after the husband of a senior Fianna Fáil party figure - whom Andrews was accused of bullying - used surveillance to catch him sending the tweets from a Rathmines internet cafe.

"We will not be going into the detail of any discussions we had with Chris Andrews," the Sinn Féin spokesperson added.

Fianna Fáil declined to comment. A party source said Andrews and Sinn Féin are "well matched".

Andrews did not return calls.

What is it with SF TD's/members and Twitter? They need parental controls implemented from SF UK. :D

blanch152 wrote: »
    Doing things in the wrong way (process) is not the same as wrongdoing (substance).

You know this, I know this, the world knows this, yet you choose to deny it and disingenuously accuse Leo of wrongdoing.

Take a hike on your moralising

The guy who convicts on the basis of allegations is lecturing me. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

@Bubbaclaus. 'the husband of a senior Fianna Fail party figure ....... used surveillance to catch him sending the tweets'. wow. the use by Fianna Fail of surveillance is criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

@Bubbaclaus. 'the husband of a senior Fianna Fail party figure ....... used surveillance to catch him sending the tweets'. wow. the use by Fianna Fail of surveillance is criminal.

Not exactly James Bond-level stuff

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/husband-unmasked-former-ff-td-chris-andrews-after-phantom-tweets-targeted-wife-26887866.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-apologises-to-former-student-activist-over-her-criticism-of-stanley-1.4429232?mode=amp

Must be galling the defenders of SF on here when after all the defending they apologise for the stuff being defended.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-apologises-to-former-student-activist-over-her-criticism-of-stanley-1.4429232?mode=amp

Must be galling the defenders of SF on here when after all the defending they apologise for the stuff being defended.

Who was defending the abuse she was getting on social media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Of course they apologised. Otherwise they risk losing their new demographic who wouldn't have been let near the republican movement, nor wanted to be when it mattered.

SF never apologised for intimidation of a much worse scale on those who rejected their capitulation to the Brits - and i am not talking about armed "dissidents" - or Peadar Toibín who was told to "get the fk out" of his office in Leinster House by one of the enforcers.

So now they are left for local "activists" with a mix of Celtic jersey wearing thugs who were never in the IRA but who pretend they are, and a new generation of woke snowflakes.

Good luck with that :)

Absolutely correct. You had posts on here like the one below defending the process of silencing her.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I agree to a certain extent, in what organisation, be it a political party or a private business, can a member or employee expect to publicly criticise that organisation, and not expect for them to be asked to remove publicly critical comments?

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Now, "both her local TD in Meath East Darren O’Rourke and the chair of the North Leinster cúige (district council) of the party had since made contact with her to say they were very sorry at what had happened to her, and that she had the right to stand up for her beliefs."

As you say, it must be embarrassing for those who defended the Sinn Fein handling of her situation.

They apologised for the way the party treated her, you know, the heavy men calling to the door, the abuse from party members etc.

Some of that was defended on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Yes it was James Bond stuff. Very alarming. Even Q was involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

They're a comically disorganised rabble

Fun to watch though

blanch152 wrote: »
    They apologised for the way the party treated her, you know, the heavy men calling to the door, the abuse from party members etc.

Some of that was defended on here.

Which supports my view of what happened, that it was a solo run by a neighbour.

Who said anything about 'heavy men'? Are you jumping the gun here...can you point to anything that was said by Christina O'Mahony that there was a threat implied in the visit?

Or are you once again depending on cliché and trope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

I think you should read the abusive posts on here.

First off people said she lied
    Then one of you decided to say it was a friend who called over and what was the problem.

Then loads of posts saying she was just attention seeker.
    Attack attack attack. Disgusting carry on.
    It's is shocking this women had to come out and actually answer questions like this "friend" had started to be abusive. Says a lot about SF doesn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

She should count herself lucky. She just saved herself from a life of having to cooperate with an undemocratic party hanging around the shadows looking to destroy this country at the expense of getting their hands into power.

Bullying citizens really is insipid stuff. Even the Nazi's had the old uisce fé talaimh to do their dirty work. Nasty.

The way I see it if you support a party which does not support democracy then you are not supporting democracy.

I think you should read the abusive posts on here.

First off people said she lied
    Then one of you decided to say it was a friend who called over and what was the problem.

Then loads of posts saying she was just attention seeker.
    Attack attack attack. Disgusting carry on.
    It's is shocking this women had to come out and actually answer questions like this "friend" had started to be abusive. Says a lot about SF doesn't it?

For once in your posting history, could you back up what you say?

WHO was defending the abuse she was getting on social media?

• Advertisement

Incredibly forthright and honest interview from MLMD on Claire Byrne and a lot of it needs to be said particularly 'There is no shared history of what happened on this island'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement