Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Incredibly forthright and honest interview from MLMD on Claire Byrne and a lot of it needs to be said particularly 'There is no shared history of what happened on this island'.

Wow.

She is having to defend a lot of stuff here.

Not a good look.

Someone turned up at this girls door and told her not to criticise SF.

Indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wow.

Not a good look.

Indefensible.

If this was 25 years ago ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

For once in your posting history, could you back up what you say?

WHO was defending the abuse she was getting on social media?

Off you go, as you are on this forum 24 x 7 you seem to miss a lot when it suits you but can quote posts from months ago at the same time.

This is just an example of the embrasssing posting over the weekend.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I read that the "someone" was actually a friend and neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,980 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wow.

Not a good look.

Indefensible.

And ML says she would have no problem knocking on someone's door herself. Honest and forthright.

She's knocking the ball out of the park here to be honest.

Off you go, as you are on this forum 24 x 7 you seem to miss a lot when it suits you but can quote posts from months ago at the same time.

This is just an example of the embrasssing posting over the weekend.

He was...read the girl's tweets. He was from her local cumman and a neighbour. She named him on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Incredibly forthright and honest interview from MLMD on Claire Byrne and a lot of it needs to be said particularly 'There is no shared history of what happened on this island'.

Did Mary Lou explain why they are making threats against RTE?

He was...read the girl's tweets. He was from her local cumman and a neighbour. She named him on Saturday.

Yes she named him because he was been abusive to her. Not a "friend" at all was he now?

And ML says she would have no problem knocking on someone's door herself. Honest and forthright.

Says the person defending SF all weekend and see no problems in any of their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Says the person defending SF all weekend and see no problems in any of their actions.

But not a SF supporter or activist of course :rolleyes:

Yes she named him because he was been abusive to her. Not a "friend" at all was he now?

Where did she say he was abusive to her? C'mon SK...back that up.

• Advertisement

But not a SF supporter or activist of course :rolleyes:

I voted for them...so a supporter for now. Have voted others in the past and might do again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I thought it was awkward at times especially in relation to the person calling to the young lady's house
    SF don't need that optic
    It has dark undertones
    What on earth was that person thinking?
    That damage is done now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nobotty wrote: »
    I thought it was awkward at times especially in relation to the person calling to the young lady's house
    SF don't need that optic
    It has dark undertones
    That damage is done now

I presume the person thought they were doing nothing wrong as it was in keeping with the culture within the organisation.

Nobotty wrote: »
    SF don't need that optic
    It has dark undertones
    That damage is done now

Very difficult to deal with the 'call to the house' when you have people spreading lies about it. That the visit was abusive or that it was a visit by 'heavies'. That was never inferred by the girl.

Christine O'Mahony herself tweeted his name and talks about her 'friendship' with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How about allowing members to criticise errors within the party without receiving a house visit? A mad notion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Very difficult to deal with the 'call to the house' when you have people spreading lies about it. That the visit was abusive or that it was a visit by 'heavies'. That was never inferred by the girl.

Christine O'Mahony herself tweeted his name and talks about her 'friendship' with him.

Yet she found it distressing enough to share on Morning Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-apologises-to-former-student-activist-over-her-criticism-of-stanley-1.4429232?mode=amp

Must be galling the defenders of SF on here when after all the defending they apologise for the stuff being defended.

But but but..... how can we prove, with independent verification of all the facts, that it was indeed a SF person who called over to her house..... :D:D:D

Could you post a link to that tweet?
    Its a dark look because the impression is out there now that she was being censored with a visit to her house
    Mary lou did not volunteer the visitors name but when pushed by Claire said it was someone that would be at all the local meath meetings

blanch152 wrote: »

As you say, it must be embarrassing for those who defended the Sinn Fein handling of her situation.

Embarrassing yes, but these posters don't care.

After all, they already had go at pregnant FG TD and posted some sexist and misogynistic crap about a sitting minister, so if you are already going low, to them it's ok to stay the course.

If this was 25 years ago ??

Exhibit A:

Jean McConville, a mother of 10 was taken from her home and shot dead by the IRA on the orders of SF royalty, Gerry Adams.

_109244941_jeanmcconville2.jpg

• Advertisement

Found the C o mahony twitter
    She retweeted this from Gavin o'Reilly which was exactly my thought too
    She also said the man who called was a friend of her parents and could have spoken over the phone or called her into his office as he usually does

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1335894427332730880?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Any truth that a former FG minister had a signed photo of Jimmy Saville in his office up until 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Any truth that a former FG minister had a signed photo of Jimmy Saville in his office up until 2017?

The most desperate example of whataboutery that I have ever seen.

As I said Francie, it was all posted here and you posted on the same threads. You seem to have the ability to remember peoples "posting styles" whatever that is, selective memory at play I think

The most desperate example of whataboutery that I have ever seen.

Pure desperation, on another thread for some reason they started talking about a poor lady that killed herself and trying to drag her name through the muck.

[HTML][/HTML]

Yes, we know, Mary-Lou would have bullied the young woman too. Now we know that the bullying culture comes from the top of Sinn Fein.

In he was in her local cumann, then he must be someone from the neighbourhood, unless Sinn Fein are importing members from somewhere else?

As to him being a friend as has been suggested, what a load of nonsense. He was known to her, which made the threat even more sinister. That you don't see the problem with a vulnerable young woman getting an intimidatory visit to her house by a local heavy is incredible. She has been incredibly brave to speak out.

Post #6779

You posted on #6789 and
    #6785 and
    Strange how you missed it

[HTML][/HTML]

Yes, we know, Mary-Lou would have bullied the young woman too. Now we know that the bullying culture comes from the top of Sinn Fein.

In he was in her local cumann, then he must be someone from the neighbourhood, unless Sinn Fein are importing members from somewhere else?

As to him being a friend as has been suggested, what a load of nonsense. He was known to her, which made the threat even more sinister. That you don't see the problem with a vulnerable young woman getting an intimidatory visit to her house by a local heavy is incredible. She has been incredibly brave to speak out.

Here she is talking about how 'naming him' would probably ruin her 'friendship' with him.
    Thank you I really did not want to rat publicly on my neighbour I asked the media to not mention him but this lad sean has been abusive to me so now I've just named my neighbour and I've probably ruined our friendship

So thank you sean
    Her words not mine. And no mention of 'intimidation'. In fact her main concern is for her parents being involved and trying to isolate in a pandemic.

You are the one looking a bit desperate in your portrayal of this. Do what I try to do in all of these situations...stick to the known facts.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1334967574828879872

The interview is getting a right panning on Twitter from all quarters (apart from the SF bots).

MLMD had a mare of an interview. Waffling away and not answering the questions put to her.

Welcome to Senior Hurling!

• Advertisement

Here she is talking about how 'naming him' would probably ruin her 'friendship' with him.

Her words not mine. And no mention of 'intimidation'. In fact her main concern is for her parents being involved and trying to isolate in a pandemic.

You are the one looking a bit desperate in your portrayal of this. Do what I try to do in all of these situations...stick to the known facts.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1334967574828879872

Thank you for posting another clear example of Sinn Fein online bullying.

Your minor pedantic point of whether he was a "friend" or a "neighbour" gets lost in the context of what was said and done online to her - including on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement