Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Would someone else explain to SK what is being said here. I give up.

https://twitter.com/christineomg5/status/1334967574828879872

Open the link, she has copied the tweet he sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,977 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Maybe you would enlighten us on the magnificent contribution that Brian has made to the safety of this country.

I don't know. But can assure you there are many people across this island from all parties 'working on' the peace process and who are very important to it. Not least Simon Coveney.

It's a 'process' blanch, in case you too missed that, and it is going to rquire people working at it, now more than ever.

Stop jumping in with the size tens to every tweet and post that criticises your bogeymen.

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    How about you read her words:

"a senior SF member called to my house. He said he had a phone call from head office and I was to delete the tweets and call him. It was inappropriate. I left the party as a result. I didn't want to name him because he's a friend.

Whether he was a neighbour she was friendly with is irrelevant. In her own words SF inappropriately sent someone to her house to silence her. And she left the party because of it.

What you've done is latch onto the fact he was a neighbour and tried to argue it was a neighbourly visit, then moved to the word "friend" and claimed he was there as a friend. Despite not being there yourself and only having her account to go on.

If SF asked your da to have a word with you about making a fool of yourself on the Internet would it be A: SF trying to silence you? *Wink wink* pssst pick this one!!!. Or B: Your da offering friendly advice? *definitely not* Come on Francie, I'm expecting a breakthrough here. You can do it! Concentrate.

She is entitled to feel wronged. That it was outside of protocol.

What you are NOT entitled to do is portray this as something it wasn't, an intimidatory visit from a heavy.

Open the link, she has copied the tweet he sent.

Who sent? Sean De Brun is NOT the person who visited her. That was Seamus Lynch.

Jaysus.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Any truth that a former FG minister had a signed photo of Jimmy Saville in his office up until 2017?
    The most desperate example of whataboutery that I have ever seen.

The most desperate (and most brilliant) example of whataboutery I have ever seen was in 2009 when Liam Adams was wanted for sexual abuse and Gerry Adams and SF were under criticism for a perceived lack of rigour in assisting the police. Gerry chose that moment to reveal that his father, who had died several years earlier and had a funeral befitting a republican hero, was in fact a child abuser also. Breathtaking stuff.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1220/125601-adams/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Sinn Fein and their manner of running their activists is going to cost them votes IMHO.

They have taken the open goal offered by FF ineptness and FG cronyism, and managed to sky the ball over the bar.

Brian Stanley was bad enough, tho I'm more worried about the fluoride tweets that came to light than the Leo stuff.
    The Leo sleight, well it's just showing him up as a point scoring bigot no matter how much work he claims to have done around LGBT.
    The anti-flouride and in certain other members anti-vax leanings are very worrisome.

Then to send someone around to talk to a PRO?
    During Covid? Did head office not have an email or a phone number?
    Was a sanity check not done before taking this step?

That the connection and inference from a knock on the door and a word, wouldn't be made to a visit from the Rá?
    No one in SF thought that could be a possibility?

Noone though that should a young woman of colour claim that she felt a bit pressured?
    That it might reflect badly on the party as a whole?

Seriously?

It's Abbot and Costello style politicking, absolutely idiotic and then MLM makes it worse with a carcrash interview.

Unless there's a fairly rapid turnaround in providing effective opposition and nixing bullying claims?

Despite the shambolic Govt performance to date, Sinn Fein may well have hit the high point of electoral performance for a few cycles.

Who sent? Sean De Brun is NOT the person who visited her. That was Seamus Lynch.

Jaysus.:rolleyes:

How many SF people attacked this women?
    This is getting worse and worse by the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

What you are NOT entitled to do is portray this as something it wasn't, an intimidatory visit from a heavy.

Based on her own words she received an inappropriate visit from a SF member and the aim was to silence her. We know she received the visit, we know it was a more senior SF member, we know the conv was to get her to remove the tweets and we know it resulted in her leaving the party. You've accepted all of that in an attempt to try portray it as a friendly visit with some advice.

You're taking every bit as much liberty in claiming there was no call, there was no pressure, it wasn't an attempt to silence her. The only difference is you have no actual evidence to make those claims. You're just picking and choosing which parts of her statement to believe (you even stressed to another poster the importance of reading what she said!) and then deciding its "obvious" that what happened was what you think happened.

One rule for you and another for everyone else I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I don't know. But can assure you there are many people across this island from all parties 'working on' the peace process and who are very important to it. Not least Simon Coveney.

It's a 'process' blanch, in case you too missed that, and it is going to rquire people working at it, now more than ever.

Stop jumping in with the size tens to every tweet and post that criticises your bogeymen.

So it is his future possible contribution to the peace process making us all safe that was what Eoin O'Broin was talking about. Because I got the impression from the remarks that our friend Brian had made a massive contribution to keeping us all safe already. I must have been wrong then.

He went to her house without invitation. To her parents house I might add.
    To demand her to remove tweets, social media, her own personal social media etc
    What the f**k else would you call it?
    Just because he didn't go to shoot her its not a "heavy" now in SF land?

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein and their manner of running their activists is going to cost them votes IMHO.

They have taken the open goal offered by FF ineptness and FG cronyism, and managed to sky the ball over the bar.

Brian Stanley was bad enough, tho I'm more worried about the fluoride tweets that came to light than the Leo stuff.
    The Leo sleight, well it's just showing him up as a point scoring bigot no matter how much work he claims to have done around LGBT.
    The anti-flouride and in certain other members anti-vax leanings are very worrisome.

Then to send someone around to talk to a PRO?

That the connection and inference from a knock on the door and a word, wouldn't be made to a visit from the Rá?
    No one in SF thought that could be a possibility?

Noone though that should a young woman of colour claim that she felt a bit pressured?
    That it might reflect badly on the party as a whole?

Seriously?

It's Abbot and Costello style politicking, absolutely idiotic and then MLM makes it worse with a carcrash interview.

Unless there's a fairly rapid turnaround in providing effective opposition and nixing bullying claims?

Despite the shambolic Govt performance to date, Sinn Fein may well have hit the high point of electoral performance for a few cycles.

Covid rules don't apply to Sinn Fein. We know that from the Storey funeral, but you raise an important point. Was that before or after lockdown was lifted last week? Was it a necessary visit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I thought you get a verbal warning before they send round the knee cappers?

I heard they are sound like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I would be really intrigued to know what "very important role" Stanley, who didn't stand for election for SF until 1999, played in the peace process. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/Ballymagash_T/status/1335697503765860358

Hold on now. Eoin wears cardigans and John Lennon style glasses, he's far too smart to make a mistake like that.

He went to her house without invitation. To her parents house I might add.
    To demand her to remove tweets, social media, her own personal social media etc
    What the f**k else would you call it?
    Just because he didn't go to shoot her its not a "heavy" now in SF land?

Her parents house were she was upstairs studying.
    Again...he arrived as a friend and left as a friend...her words. Not mine or blanch's...HER words.

If somebody came to threaten or shoot you would YOU in any version of reality describe them as a friend and worry about losing their friendship?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

banie01 wrote: »

That was my reaction too when I heard there was a home visit. In our house we're still at the stage where there is a mad scramble for masks if the postman knocks at the door. I hope her visitor at least wore a face covering.

Her parents house were she was upstairs studying.
    Again...he arrived as a friend and left as a friend...her words. Not mine or blanch's...HER words.

If somebody came to threaten or shoot you would YOU in any version of reality describe them as a friend and worry about losing their friendship?

https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/othelem/organ/ira/ira_green_book.htm

For context, it might be helpful to look back at the IRA green book and its attitudes to homosexuality and control of members.

"The Army as an organisation claims and expects your total allegiance without reservation. It enters into every aspect of your life. It invades the privacy of your home life, it fragments your family and friends, in other words claims your total allegiance"

"All volunteers must obey orders issued to them by a superior officer whether they like the particular officer or not."

This is the culture of republicanism - total control of your life.

This is really enlightened. Homosexuality equated to sadism.

"Just as they removed the volunteer's clothes, which symbolised a defence mechanism or natural barrier, so too by passing derogatory remarks about the volunteer's sexual organs they attempt to humiliate the volunteer and by so doing to weaken his will to resist. The mere act of doing this has deeper undertones than one would guess. Volunteers should understand that from a psychological point of view this act is called a penis complex. This complex is inherent in the homosexual and although the interrogators themselves may be married men with a family it indicates suppressed homosexual tendencies. When the volunteer realises and understands this proven fact he should not have great difficulty in triumphing over his interrogators. He should look upon them as homosexuals with the immunity of the establishment, as people who become sadistic from the homosexual tendencies, which underlie them."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Hold on now. Eoin wears cardigans and John Lennon style glasses, he's far too smart to make a mistake like that.

But but he wrote a book . It’s in the fiction section in Easons by the way . I can see a civil war happening within SF . Can’t see the old die hards liking the where’s Wally look a like and his trendy mates criticising members for the their beliefs on which the party was founded.

But but he wrote a book . It’s in the fiction section in Easons by the way . I can see a civil war happening within SF . Can’t see the old die hards liking the where’s Wally look a like and his trendy mates criticising members for the their beliefs on which the party was founded.

Wonder what will happen Mary Lou for publicly criticising car bombs? Will she be getting one of these visits from a 'heavy'?

https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/othelem/organ/ira/ira_green_book.htm

For context, it might be helpful to look back at the IRA green book and its attitudes to homosexuality and control of members.

"The Army as an organisation claims and expects your total allegiance without reservation. It enters into every aspect of your life. It invades the privacy of your home life, it fragments your family and friends, in other words claims your total allegiance"

"All volunteers must obey orders issued to them by a superior officer whether they like the particular officer or not."

This is the culture of republicanism - total control of your life.

This is really enlightened. Homosexuality equated to sadism.

"Just as they removed the volunteer's clothes, which symbolised a defence mechanism or natural barrier, so too by passing derogatory remarks about the volunteer's sexual organs they attempt to humiliate the volunteer and by so doing to weaken his will to resist. The mere act of doing this has deeper undertones than one would guess. Volunteers should understand that from a psychological point of view this act is called a penis complex. This complex is inherent in the homosexual and although the interrogators themselves may be married men with a family it indicates suppressed homosexual tendencies. When the volunteer realises and understands this proven fact he should not have great difficulty in triumphing over his interrogators. He should look upon them as homosexuals with the immunity of the establishment, as people who become sadistic from the homosexual tendencies, which underlie them."

Probably how those who denied gay people their rights in FG and FF felt too.

The RA are expected to be enlightened when the Green Book was written...but not my own bedfellows in FG and FF and the Church. I am sure if you dug hard enough the GAA you are a member of felt the same way.

Maybe if you compared how quickly they all came out of the dark ages we might have something?

So back listening to Mary Lou, sounds like she is about to cry. "Brian is an honorable person" says Mary Lou. Then goes onto the homophobic tweet. Yes very honorable person Mary Lou.
    Its not homophobic but is Tory. What a load of bulls**t.

Then nobody is trying to sensor anybody, Mary Lou. hahaha. What a car crash. Then Mary Lou admits that she goes around to peoples house as well uninvited. Not a normal party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

hE wRoTe a boOk don't you know.

Mary Lou has no problem with people been critical of SF but says that the person calling to the door was to tell the lady to use the internal communication method, in other words stopping people been critical of SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So back listening to Mary Lou, sounds like she is about to cry. "Brian is an honorable person" says Mary Lou. Then goes onto the homophobic tweet. Yes very honorable person Mary Lou.
    Its not homophobic but is Tory. What a load of bulls**t.

Then nobody is trying to sensor anybody, Mary Lou. hahaha. What a car crash. Then Mary Lou admits that she goes around to peoples house as well uninvited. Not a normal party

"We are where we are, on them, em Monday morning"

A waffler running out of waffle

Brian Stanley is understated, low key, thoughtful, doesn't want to cause controversy. Really? Who are you trying to convince Mary Lou?

So now SF don't want people to monitor their social media accounts. Yet they advertise online for Supporters to join them and hound opposition TD's. Like the TD who had to go to the Garda's because of the harassment from a SF supporter.

By becoming a Sinn Féin Online Supporter, you have the opportunity to stand up and play your part in shaping the future of a new republic.

Anois an t-am le gníomhú! Now is that time to act!

So now SF don't want people to monitor their social media accounts. Yet they advertise online for Supporters to join them and hound opposition TD's. Like the TD who had to go to the Garda's because of the harassment from a SF supporter.

By becoming a Sinn Féin Online Supporter, you have the opportunity to stand up and play your part in shaping the future of a new republic.

Anois an t-am le gníomhú! Now is that time to act!

Maybe they should have went this route? Hard to monitor them accounts.
    Varadkar 'suggested creating anonymous accounts online to make positive comments on news'

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/varadkar-suggested-creating-anonymous-accounts-online-to-make-positive-comments-on-news-37275799.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

All MaryLou had to do was remove Stanno from the chair of the PAC.

That was totally obvious.

That would have killed all this anger .

#notanormalparty.

Look at what happened............ lot of anger out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Scratch beneath the surface and the ugly truth of tank-beast and her sinister chums emerges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

rdwight wrote: »
    The most desperate (and most brilliant) example of whataboutery I have ever seen was in 2009 when Liam Adams was wanted for sexual abuse and Gerry Adams and SF were under criticism for a perceived lack of rigour in assisting the police. Gerry chose that moment to reveal that his father, who had died several years earlier and had a funeral befitting a republican hero, was in fact a child abuser also. Breathtaking stuff.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1220/125601-adams/

"You boys think that Liam who we moved to Dundalk was bad? Sure me Da used to ride the kids all the time. Now, anyone heard the latest Dylan album?"

• Advertisement

Wow, something that was discussed and dumped 2 years ago yet I search now and find SF with article on website calling for supporters. Plus we have the Gardai going to caution people because of online abuse. Have to remember that lovely character also attacked someone because she was raped by the PIRA.
    Plus we have the current abuse online from TD's and from all over SF. I don't know how many are involved now, lost count at how many think it is ok to abuse young women online.
    I don't remember anything on Leo proposal about abusing people online so the Gardai would be called? Maybe you can point me to that part?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement