Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,977 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wow, something that was discussed and dumped 2 years ago yet I search now and find SF with article on website calling for supporters.
    Which was in 2015. FIVE years ago. :) You can't help yourself walking into these clangers.https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-online-supporters/news/
    I don't remember anything on Leo proposal about abusing people online so the Gardai would be called? Maybe you can point me to that part?

What about this guy...now back in the party.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-and-fine-gael-failed-to-tackle-online-abuse-by-senior-member-despite-knowing-about-vile-posts-36328187.html

Across the political divide you have instances of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Worst political interview from a major party leader ever - Cowen did better drunk from the night before:

Tried to invoke Tom Barry and was quickly informed Tom Barry thought the Provos were cowardly scum bombing towns

Actually defended anti-vaxxers as "asking questions"

Actually tried to turn Brian Stanley into a victim, would she give anyone in government a week off because they're "low key people". If they're serious about having the big jobs they doesn't wash.

Said the murder of those specific soldiers was fine - even though they were literally blown to bits (notwithstanding the 1920 lads would have faced up to them) - so proof is ever we needed it that two wrongs do make a right in SF land.

Literally tried to deflect at every turn. Wanted to bash Boris for looking out for the UK. (I hate Brexit but the UK are going to do their damnedest to get what they want, we have to stay calm and resolute, they'll buckle eventually).

Lastly started blaming RTE for this being a story, Trumpian or what? Especially coming after Brian Stanley's wife's tweet about cutting their funding).

Absolutely disastrous. If Leo or Michael were leader of Sinn Féin you would never see them so unprepared in a live interview. The echo chamber of SF and the decent result they got has made the senior team there lazy and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Which was in 2015. FIVE years ago. :) You can't help yourself walking into these clangers.https://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-online-supporters/news/

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-and-fine-gael-failed-to-tackle-online-abuse-by-senior-member-despite-knowing-about-vile-posts-36328187.html

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/26753

2015 might have been when you joined Francie, but they are still advertising for support. Might dig up a defunct email address and sign on to get more material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Worst political interview from a major party leader ever - Cowen did better drunk from the night before:

Tried to invoke Tom Barry and was quickly informed Tom Barry thought the Provos were cowardly scum bombing towns

Actually tried to turn Brian Stanley into a victim, would she give anyone in government a week off because they're "low key people". If they're serious about having the big jobs they doesn't wash.

Said the murder of those specific soldiers was fine - even though they were literally blown to bits (notwithstanding the 1920 lads would have faced up to them) - so proof is ever we needed it that two wrongs do make a right in SF land.

Literally tried to deflect at every turn. Wanted to bash Boris for looking out for the UK. (I hate Brexit but the UK are going to do their damnedest to get what they want, we have to stay calm and resolute, they'll buckle eventually).

Lastly started blaming RTE for this being a story, Trumpian or what? Especially coming after Brian Stanley's wife's tweet about cutting their funding).

Absolutely disastrous. If Leo or Michael were leader of Sinn Féin you would never see them so unprepared in a live interview. The echo chamber of SF and the decent result they got has made the senior team there lazy and it shows.

It was comically bad. Trying to say a judge getting a job was worse than killing a load of people. That is how deranged these people are.

SF online supporters is still on website Francie. Still all over loads of social media trying to get other "individuals" to sign up.

• Advertisement

Just something that should be pointed out here. I disagree with your take on the interview...I wouldn't expect those who dislike SF to see as anything other than difficult to accept what she said but besides that, Stanley appeared before PAC very quickly to answer for what he did, at the very next meeting in fact. The rewuest to address the Dáil came later.
    Contrast that to trying to get Leoi to come in and answer and Helen McEntee. Not a leg to stand on here on that.

SF online supporters is still on website Francie. Still all over loads of social media trying to get other "individuals" to sign up.

Yes, and nothing wrong with it. It's open and transparent and 5 years old. I.E. SF supporters online promoting the party just like an ad in the paper or a leaflet through the door...PR.

Not like shady FG and their anonymous accounts though.

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/26753

2015 might have been when you joined Francie, but they are still advertising for support. Might dig up a defunct email address and sign on to get more material.

Is it illegal blanch..even wrong to get people to openly promote the party? Canvassing, in other words, only online. Maybe that is why their support is growing with the young.

'Anonymous accounts though...that is quite another sphere altogether. Murky

Just something that should be pointed out here. I disagree with your take on the interview...I wouldn't expect those who dislike SF to see as anything other than difficult to accept what she said but besides that, Stanley appeared before PAC very quickly to answer for what he did, at the very next meeting in fact. The rewuest to address the Dáil came later.
    Contrast that to trying to get Leoi to come in and answer and Helen McEntee. Not a leg to stand on here on that.

Mary-Lou said she gave him a week off because she had a duty of care to him (no duty of care to the young woman, though).

She wouldn't give Leo a minute to respond. She was all over the airwaves demanding he go into the Dail the very next day. She is the biggest hypocrite of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

All MaryLou had to do was remove Stanno from the chair of the PAC.

That was totally obvious.

That would have killed all this anger .

#notanormalparty.

Look at what happened............ lot of anger out there.

Its fairly obvious that FG don't want an opposition TD asking awkward questions in the PAC. I wonder what the big worry is - Children's Hospital, Brexit dealings, Broadband, Fees of Government 'Special Advisors'? With the Government hiring the former British Sun Editor as its Press officer, are they going to go all Sean Spicer?

• Advertisement

Mary-Lou said she gave him a week off because she had a duty of care to him (no duty of care to the young woman, though).

She wouldn't give Leo a minute to respond. She was all over the airwaves demanding he go into the Dail the very next day. She is the biggest hypocrite of the lot.

How did they fail their duty of care to Christine O'Mahony...saw her tweeting her heartful thanks to SF local reps for reaching out.

Yes, and nothing wrong with it. It's open and transparent and 5 years old. I.E. SF supporters online promoting the party just like an ad in the paper or a leaflet through the door...PR.

Not like shady FG and their anonymous accounts though.
    Is it illegal blanch..even wrong to get people to openly promote the party? Canvassing, in other words, only online. Maybe that is why their support is growing with the young.

Nobody said it was illegal, you said it was FIVE years ago. You were wrong, not for the first time. You then deflected into something else that nobody claimed, not for the first time either.

You are having as good a day as Mary-Lou.

Nobody said it was illegal, you said it was FIVE years ago. You were wrong, not for the first time. You then deflected into something else that nobody claimed, not for the first time either.

You are having as good a day as Mary-Lou.

Because the poster was criticising me for bringing something from '2 years ago' (shock horror) into the discussion.

I never said it was illegal to have online supporters.
    But those supporters should have standards which should be promoted by the party. Do you not think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Nothing more pleasurable than seeing Leo make a fool of himself, ranting about the heavy brigade visiting a SF members home, didn't take long to discover it was a neighbour and close family friend who called.

This back and fourth is becoming tiresome, Stanley going nowhere, FG fall flat on their faces again, nothing to see here, can we move on and everyone start actually doing their Jobs.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It was comically bad. Trying to say a judge getting a job was worse than killing a load of people. That is how deranged these people are.

Hep C or cervical cancer scandal? FG really have an issue with women

Hep C or cervical cancer scandal? FG really have an issue with women

First it was trying to use the suicide of a poor women
    Now just trying to use the women of Ireland dying. How does anyone even come up with something like that to post?

FG were happy enough for their Labour bedfellows to play the heavy back in the day
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/de-rossa-told-childers-she-might-have-to-leave-labour-1.12498

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

jm08 wrote: »
    Its fairly obvious that FG don't want an opposition TD asking awkward questions in the PAC. I wonder what the big worry is - Children's Hospital, Brexit dealings, Broadband, Fees of Government 'Special Advisors'? With the Government hiring the former British Sun Editor as its Press officer, are they going to go all Sean Spicer?

Heh heh.... fairly obvious SF didn’t want too much ‘digging’ into Stanno’s Twitter account :eek:

Disappeared it like a ‘Vulcan’ rat trap.

How can a dude like that chair an important Govt. committee.

Just doesn’t add up.

First it was trying to use the suicide of a poor women
    Now just trying to use the women of Ireland dying. How does anyone even come up with something like that to post?

What suicide?

• Advertisement

I never said it was illegal to have online supporters.
    But those supporters should have standards which should be promoted by the party. Do you not think so?

Absolutely. There is I believe a code of conduct.

How do FG propose doing that with anonymous accounts?

It's clear FG have no ethics in online activity at all.

Absolutely. There is I believe a code of conduct.

How do FG propose doing that with anonymous accounts?

It's clear FG have no ethics in online activity at all.

A code of misconduct you mean??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

FG were happy enough for their Labour bedfellows to play the heavy back in the day
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/de-rossa-told-childers-she-might-have-to-leave-labour-1.12498

Crikey, I nearly bent my neck trying to spot that deflection.

Considering Proinsias was a sticky I couldn't let you away with that one.

The standard of deflecting matters has gone somewhat in tandem with the standard of your politicians.... downhill.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Crikey, I nearly bent my neck trying to spot that deflection.

Considering Proinsias was a sticky I couldn't let you away with that one.

The standard of deflecting matters has gone somewhat in tandem with the standard of your politicians.... downhill.

My politicians? I hate FG everyone else gets a pass of some sort, used to vote for Pringle but his wokeness overload was too much, Mc Daid and the Cope would've gotten the odd vote in the day, last election I voted for Doherty but wouldn't give McLoughlin a vote in a fit, still remember McHugh preaching about armed struggle and Brits out on my street in the 90's , how could you vote for some one so two faced ,

My politicians? I hate FG everyone else gets a pass of some sort, used to vote for Pringle but his wokeness overload was too much, Mc Daid and the Cope would've gotten the odd vote in the day, last election I voted for Doherty but wouldn't give McLoughlin a vote in a fit, still remember McHugh preaching about armed struggle and Brits out on my street in the 90's , how could you vote for some one so two faced ,

Want to hear two faced? suggest you have a wee listen to the Claire Byrne show this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

SF carcrash interviewing continuing on RTE 1 now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Want to hear two faced? suggest you have a wee listen to the Claire Byrne show this morning.

Claire Byrne is very two faced. We agree on that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

SF carcrash interviewing continuing on RTE 1 now

Who did they send out this time?

No sir, you just posted a link to an Irish Times article that stated that an IRA member ( albeit a sticky ) was involved in coercing a member of the Labour party to leave the party over something or other. To cap it off ( no pun intended )you tried to insinuate that Fine Gael were somehow involved?

Pure shight talk.

At least if you are going to discuss things with people bring something credible to the discussion, not made up garbage?

• Advertisement

Claire Byrne is very two faced. We agree on that

Journalism is a tough game, keep trying.

It's her job to have more faces than a rubix cube, get your head around that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement