Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,758 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have concerns over it and will not be taking it until they are addressed. Mary Lou said SF has concerns, what's the big deal?

What concerns?

It’s a globally produced vaccine. Like many offers. Same questions and concerns that any medicinal product has

It has been passed as as safe as possibly be for humans to have...

This is just the same old same old anti everything government pushed..

Their whole attitude, advice and policy around Covid has been comically disjointed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

What are the concerns? or is it just because the government said take it SF said not to take it? :p
    That's the normal level of expertise we see from the opposition

Side effects, how will it effect children (who havnt been used in the trials)

They may have cut corners. There may be side effects,” we dont know

What?

May this, may that?!...

Of course there can be side effects. We all know this.

To be honest by the time she got to that part of the interview she already knew she had loads thousands of voters.

When was this election she lost thousands of votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Side effects, how will it effect children (who havnt been used in the trials)

Tell us more, you are a medical student? What have you heard?

Will medical professionals refuse to take it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Oh yes, I forgot a member of the HSE
    Bound to have very useful information on the vaccine.

Will medical professionals refuse to take it?

Well medical professionals in the HSE won't take the Flu jab so we dont know if all medial professionals will take it.

No kids u 18 have been given it in a trial. You think I'm giving it to my kid you have another thing coming

Well medical professionals in the HSE won't take the Flu jab so we dont know if all medial professionals will take it.

No kids u 18 have been given it in a trial. You think I'm giving it to my kid you have another thing coming

Medical professionals in the HSE take the flu jab all the time. If they dont it in the minority. So what are you talking about?
    Plus Pfizer has already started testing on teenagers and children.
    What is the HSE position as a member of the HSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

walshb wrote: »
    What concerns?

It’s a globally produced vaccine. Like many offers. Same questions and concerns that any medicinal product has

Their whole attitude, advice and policy around Covid has been comically disjointed!

I think it's partly influenced by the swine flu court cases, the film Contagion may also have had an effect of giving the impression that the vaccine has been rushed ,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

SF now on 6 news trying to say it is common for people to visit houses uninvited. Desperation now
    Making this worse, than better. Why would anyone join SF now if you can expect any sort of person to land at your front door without any invitation? I doubt anyone wants the likes of Dessie Ellis or Violet Anne landing at their home.

Especially during Covid. I get 10-12 uninvited callers a day myself.

Could be worse, could be O'Snodaigh.

• Advertisement

I think it's partly influenced by the swine flu court cases, the film Contagion may also have had an effect of giving the impression that the vaccine has been rushed ,

So SF are getting information from Hollywood?

Don't show them "The Walking Dead"

Medical professionals in the HSE take the flu jab all the time. If they dont it in the minority. So what are you talking about?
    Plus Pfizer has already started testing on teenagers and children.
    What is the HSE position as a member of the HSE?

The majority of HCW supported annual HCW flu vaccination (68.6%), with 52.9% of respondents reporting that they would be vaccinated for the 2017 to 2018 influenza season

small number my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What concerns?

I think Mary-Lou will end up regretting that statement more than any other.

blanch152 wrote: »

Simon and his other 18 Covids can give her some tips on how to ignore anyone disagreeing with them

Especially during Covid. I get 10-12 uninvited callers a day myself.

Could be worse, could be O'Snodaigh.

Whoever is in PR in SF should be kicked right to touch. Instead of killing this story they are making a real balls of it. I have no idea who the young lady was on news trying to convince us that SF members calling to her house uninvited is normal but even she didn't look convinced.
    It was also the same story Mary Lou gave, they could of at least given her a different paragraph to read. Idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Eh they both won 37 seats. The Ceann Comhairle Seán Ó Fearghaíl, elected to Dáil Éireann in 2002 for Fianna Fáil, is returned automatically.

Both won 37 seats, FACTS

Fianna Fáil have 38 seats, Sinn Féin have 37. I never said anything about the election

The majority of HCW supported annual HCW flu vaccination (68.6%), with 52.9% of respondents reporting that they would be vaccinated for the 2017 to 2018 influenza season

small number my arse

What happened to all HSE workers won't take the flu jab?
    As a HSE worker come on explain what happens in terms of the flu jab, you have all the background information
    Who does and doesn't take it?

It’s absurd.

And here is the thing. It’s nothing to do with her view here. It’s purely to be against the government and to try and appeal to different sections..

FFS. Simple answer and proper and sincere answer: yes, I absolutely back the vaccine, and the tireless efforts of so many wonderful people to bring it to fruition.

Leave the anti vaccine anti everything nonsense to the conspiracy theorists and their like.

After all the hardships and death and efforts, and society brings us some resolve and answer, and she can’t even get behind it..

It’s absurd.

And here is the thing. It’s nothing to do with her view here. It’s purely to be against the government and to try and appeal to different sections..

FFS. Simple answer and proper and sincere answer: yes, I absolutely back the vaccine, and the tireless efforts of so many wonderful people to bring it to fruition.

Leave the anti vaccine anti everything nonsense to the conspiracy theorists and their like.

After all the hardships and death and efforts, and society brings us some resolve and answer, and she can’t even get behind it..

It is even more absurd when you have Michelle shouting from the roof top in the North the vaccine could be in the North before Christmas
    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/uk/first-vaccines-could-be-given-in-northern-ireland-next-week-swann/
    How f**king stupid are they. Or more important, how stupid do they think their supporters are?

It is even more absurd when you have Michelle shouting from the roof top in the North the vaccine could be in the North before Christmas
    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/uk/first-vaccines-could-be-given-in-northern-ireland-next-week-swann/
    How f**king stupid are they. Or more important, how stupid do they think their supporters are?

The vaccine is in the North getting given to folk from tomorrow.

Do you even know what you be talking about.

• Advertisement

Do you even know what you be talking about.

You did not grasp the point made!

You did not grasp the point made!

Mary Lou has concerns about the vaccine. Do you think she should ignore them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Apparently the poll on whether people would take vaccine showed that SF voters were highest in the sceptical category.

If SF had a poll showing that 70% of their voters thought that Leo is a lizard in human guise, they would probably "not rule that out" as a possibility.

Like the punter who backs virtual horses in combination bets, the Shinners got lucky in February. Hopefully, it will have been their best shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

They hoovered up all the anti Vaxers and anti everything and she won’t want to loose them votes.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Apparently the poll on whether people would take vaccine showed that SF voters were highest in the sceptical category.

If SF had a poll showing that 70% of their voters thought that Leo is a lizard in human guise, they would probably "not rule that out" as a possibility.

Like the punter who backs virtual horses in combination bets, the Shinners got lucky in February. Hopefully, it will have been their best shot.

Haha they are Polling at record high levels since the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You can thank the Torys for that

You can thank the Torys for that

I'm not from Northern Ireland. It won't affect me why do I care who got the vaccine in the UK Govt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Bonniedog wrote: »

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1332852770920132610

1 in every 5 FG supporters won't take the vaccine. That's not a great look for them either

But but SF is worse dosnt stop the fact 1 in every 5 people in FG disagree with a vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

1 in every 5 FG supporters won't take the vaccine. That's not a great look for them either

But but SF is worse dosnt stop the fact 1 in every 5 people in FG disagree with a vaccine

Drivel.

I didn't take the pledge , does that mean something to anyone else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement