Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I love the way you highlight him backpeddling after being raked over the coals as if he wasn't casting doubt on the vaccine in the first instance.

Another FG genius Mary Mitchell O'Connor said that she received a text from a GP saying that she wouldn't allow her daughter take the same vaccine. You can find it on record if you care to look.

If being a vaccine skeptic and anti-water fluoridation maketh a party of numpties, the boys and girls in blue need not look too far outside their own party.

And if pointing out this amusing reality makes me a shinnerbot in your eyes, then a shinnerbot I be.

Why is it assumed that everyone who is anti-SF is pro-FG?

If there are minor individuals in FG who share the party leader approach of SF to supporting anti-vaxxers, happy to call them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

When is Stanno comin back off the hols?

FG need to do something about the student nurses and soon.

The Shinners are latching on to this ‘open goal’ big time.

No brainer

piplip87 wrote: »
    SF UK branch.... Privatising the social housing in the North.... but wait I thought SF Ireland wanted more housing taken under government control down here.....

.https://twitter.com/SeamasBelfast/status/1336024830651588608?s=19

And posters on here have been lauding the Sinn Fein approach in the North to privatising social housing, while opposing anything not public in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

walshb wrote: »
    But she was spot on as regards SF espousing and appealing to anti this, that and everything....spot on about them simple being populist..and the most ridiculous one is their anti establishment, whatever that actually is.....anti people, I suppose...

Claire was spot on about them going whatever way the wind blows...

SF need to try shake this nonsense....

Claire did what most of you lads do...throws an old bit of hookum out there and hopes it sticks.
    Carthy had the facts on his side. The policy documents are there and have been for a while.

O'Connell's singular goal was to deflect to the past, 'anti-flouride' and even when the topic moved on, she tried in vain to revert.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Because she's a pharmacist by training and has a long track record of speaking out against anti-vaxxers, pseudoscientists and other quackery?

Well that's makes more sense the way I read it was she was sent out as FGs rep against Carthy, and it didn't go well.

I thought the FG person was very weak, and not really up to going toe to toe with the Shinner fella, who was very very confident & well able to talk. Several issues discussed, but Claire never pressed Carthy for clear answers!
    Carthy got his 'Nurses pay' message out though, crystal clear :cool:

And from a lad who's vehemently anti-shinner, so I'd not view that particular post with any bias.

Didn't hear the interview myself, but will make a point of trying to get a listen later.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sorry, but Mary-Lou clearly adopted the anti-vaxxer line when on Claire Byrne yesterday morning.

Tactically hiding behind needing further information is the opening gambit of the anti-vaxxers and Mary-Lou had fully bought into it.

I think she was talking about informing people and dealing with their concerns. Real leadership not FG disdain and derision. You don't win minds with that tack blanch you just harden minds that are already made up.

Which brings us back to discussion on FG's use of social media. What they don't seem to get is that their strategy there is old hat, it fools very few, as everybody ot is targeted at, the young and media savvy, can spot what they are doing a mile off.
    The stats on the Tik Tok vid that Leo did pointing at stuff...hilarious. MORE people watched the parodies than watched the original...ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Kate O'Connell on Primetime...is that the best FG have? Disastrous performance.

Reduced to muttering 'anti science...anti science at the end'.

Carthy was good and on message...what is currently important, not some old ****e about flouride.

Most anti vaxxers are young and SF have the young vote seems to me be why they are higher than FG and FF.
    Mary Lou was spot on saying that they need to work at informing and convinced those with concerns...not pillory people and demean, like some do.

But Kate O'Connell! Senior camogie folks senior camogie, don't be sending them out there without a hurley!

You told everyone Mary Lou was good and on message :p
    Then people listened to it and it was the worst interview from a leader since I don't know when, Biffo drunk put on a better show.
    So we do have to question your "reviews"

More mixed messages coming from SF, really they are a shambles at the moment.
    Next week we will have Mary Lou saying not to use the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

The shinners will be in Government soon enough and I for 1 am looking forward to it, so everyone else can see that they're the exact same as FG and FF and actually having to make decisions in government is as easy as they think it is.

• Advertisement

You told everyone Mary Lou was good and on message :p
    Then people listened to it and it was the worst interview from a leader since I don't know when, Biffo drunk put on a better show.
    So we do have to question your "reviews"

I said it yesterday, of course it was a bad interview if you disagree with SF and republicans.

What I heard was no equivocation, no stepping back from issues and a very confident leader on top of her brief.

Didn't flinch in support of Stanley either.

The cohort who think there is an 'agreed version of history' on this island wouldn't have liked the interview and expressed it afterwards. But as Ferriter said last night the idea that there is an 'agreed version of history' is bonkers and we will see much more division over the versions as the centenaries move on,

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

And posters on here have been lauding the Sinn Fein approach in the North to privatising social housing, while opposing anything not public in the South.

You obviously haven't a clue how housing works in the north do you.

This privatising you are waffling about is actually housing associations who are run on a non profit basis and who use their surplus cash to provide more stock or upgrade existing stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I said it yesterday, of course it was a bad interview if you disagree with SF and republicans.

What I heard was no equivocation, no stepping back from issues and a very confident leader on top of her brief.

The cohort who think there is an 'agreed version of history' on this island wouldn't have liked the interview and expressed it afterwards. But as Ferriter said last night the idea that there is an 'agreed version of history' is bonkers and we will see much more division over the versions as the centenaries move on,

The point he was making was that it's not cool to scramble for the bones of the dead. Sinn Féin are at this big time comparing their pseudo mafia to the democratically elected freedom movement.

It was a car crash, burying your head in the sand doesn't change that.

Less mixed messages, more speaking out of both sides of her mouth.

The point he was making was that it's not cool to scramble for the bones of the dead. Sinn Féin are at this big time comparing their pseudo mafia to the democratically elected freedom movement.

That was in his general point about the similarities of today to the squabbles of FG and FF etc 'over the bones of the patriot dead'.
    It was a good comparison...in a very vulgar blunt way that is what Stanley sparked off was it not...a scramble over the bones of the dead.

Ferriter's point was the we will have to go through that process again with the modern conflict and we should learn from how FF and FG made a balls of it, with the civil war having reach into many decades. Even to this day, as he said there are very easy ways to set off the squabbles. That's why he said, you shouldn't do history by tweet.

That was in his general point about the similarities of today to the squabbles of FG and FF etc 'over the bones of the patriot dead'.
    It was a good comparison...in a very vulgar blunt way that is what Stanley sparked off was it not...a scramble over the bones of the dead.

Ferriter's point was the we will have to go through that process again with the modern conflict and we should learn from how FF and FG made a balls of it, with the civil war having reach into many decades. Even to this day, as he said there are very easy ways to set off the squabbles. That's why he said, you shouldn't do history by tweet.

Someone should tell Stanley.

Someone should tell Stanley.

I fully agree. He should have learned when FG had to take down that 1916 video.

They couldn't even do it right in a glossily produced video that was hardly spontaneous. The FG 'agreed version of history' featuring the British Monarch and PM but no Rebels. :):) Oh how we all giggled as they had to hit the delete button and 'agree another version' and sit John Bruton in the dunces corner. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I fully agree. He should have learned when FG had to take down that 1916 video.

They couldn't even do it right in a glossily produced video that was hardly spontaneous. The FG 'agreed version of history' featuring the British Monarch and PM but no Rebels. :):) Oh how we all giggled as they had to hit the delete button and 'agree another version' and sit John Bruton in the dunces corner. :):)

The Ministry of Truth on overtime at the moment. 2+2=5. The sheer propaganda and lying is a sight to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

What Ferriter said that was most striking but that we all know anyway is that the SF we have today is not a continuous line from the creation of the state
    It was born in 1970
    He didn't go into the details of that but its googleable
    The title of the party became unused and unclaimed so the political wing of the current IRA took it as their title
    Wikipedia tells of a decade in thev50s when the group then using SF as their title were right wing nuts

In the same breath,he was quick to add Fianna Fáil are a splinter from the original

• Advertisement

Nobotty wrote: »
    What Ferriter said that was most striking but that we all know anyway is that the SF we have today is not a continuous line from the creation of the state
    It was born in 1970
    He didn't go into the details of that but its googleable
    The title of the party became unused and unclaimed so the political wing of the current IRA took it as their title
    Wikipedia tells of a decade in thev50s when the group then using SF as their title were right wing nuts

In the same breath,he was quick to add Fianna Fáil are a splinter from the original

I think anyone who knows the career of the likes of Thomas MacGiolla would say there was a SF party contesting election in the early 1960's and that SF was in existence through the 60's and split almost exactly in two at the end of the 60's.
    The modern iteration was not 'founded in 1970' which is a bit of a bitchy read of history.
    The iteration led by Adams etc was the one that held true to the principle of abstentionism and can lay claim to be closer to the original SF than any other splitter and deserved to retain the name for that reason. That's is, after all the way, it normally works.

Too many desperate people who want to separate SF from it's roots and portray it as the creation of O'Bradaigh, big bad Gurry and the Nordies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Not much doubt about that in fairness.

What are you upset about? Fine Gael's anti water-flouridation platform at general election time or the vaccine skepticism in senior echelons of the party?

I'm just a poster on the internet delivering some news to you. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

smurgen wrote: »
    The Ministry of Truth on overtime at the moment. 2+2=5. The sheer propaganda and lying is a sight to behold.

It is quite amazing how SF’s Ministry of Truth propaganda machine works.

But, there you go, they are twisting and turning and trying to explain away things again.

I would not expect anything less from them or their supporters.

atticu wrote: »
    It is quite amazing how SF’s Ministry of Truth propaganda machine works.

But, there you go, they are twisting and turning and trying to explain away things again.

I would not expect anything less from them or their supporters.

Gwan and review FG's Twitter output for the last month. Never mind their 'video histories' have a look at their attack dog politics of 'Truth'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gwan and review FG's Twitter output for the last month. Never mind their 'video histories' have a look at their attack dog politics of 'Truth'. :)

Does that make it acceptable for SF to do the same? is "everybody else is doing it so that makes it ok" the SF mantra?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Does that make it acceptable for SF to do the same? is "everybody else is doing it so that makes it ok" the SF mantra?

SFs twitter accounts are not abusing and having a go at SF every 2nd or 3rd post or SF twitter accounts don't abuse members of the public on twitter like FG were doing recently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What are you upset about? Fine Gael's anti water-flouridation platform at general election time or the vaccine skepticism in senior echelons of the party?

I'm just a poster on the internet delivering some news to you. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Like Fine Gael voters really give a phuck about either.

I suggest you start getting a grip and find something topical to talk about.

If we can stomach a leader who leaks government files and has more faces than a sphere ( get your head around that one ) I reckon we can stomach a bit of fluoride in the water. We have been scrubbing our teeth with it for years, I reckon we should be fine.

Don't panic, I would expect a loyalist politician to say something outrageous this afternoon, you can start screeching blue murder about that for a few hours, should keep you going for a day or so.

How come you didn't point that out to Atticu?

No it doesn't make it ok, what it doesn't do either is make SF unique.

As the analyst said last night on Claire Byrne, FG have decided to go down this Trumpian road. They'll reap what they sow. Have already actually in the election, but as yet too dense to see or accept it.

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I suggest you start getting a grip and find something topical to talk about.

That's what Carthy told O'Connell last night...and the half of Twitter from what I could see. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How come you didn't point that out to Atticu?

No it doesn't make it ok, what it doesn't do either is make SF unique.

As the analyst said last night on Claire Byrne, FG have decided to go down this Trumpian road. They'll reap what they sow. Have already actually in the election, but as yet too dense to see or accept it.

why would SF ape what FG do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement