Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

jh79 wrote: »
    So why did they cast doubts about previous vaccines given they had a lot more evidence for their safety?

Same reasons FF, FG etc. did. Same with Fluoride etc. people voice an opinion based on the info available and it's all subject to change. No shinner posting any poorly thought out tweets today? I'm sure something will pop up. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Bowie wrote: »
    Same reasons FF, FG etc. did. Same with Fluoride etc. people voice an opinion based on the info available and it's all subject to change. No shinner posting any poorly thought out tweets today? I'm sure something will pop up. Keep the faith.

What info changed? There was never an indication of a problem with HPV.

Fluoride too. There was no credible research that it was harmful.

What info changed? There was never an indication of a problem with HPV.

Fluoride too. There was no credible research that it was harmful.

Top level members of all parties have had vax/fluoride/5G issues. **** happens, we move on. Trying to get political mileage out of it is desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,490 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

SF did it?

So FG FF are responsible for the opinions of all the people that say they will vote for them? Wow...interesting theory.

Hey, it's 45% of SF polled that either will not take the vaccine or dont know. Embarrassing stuff tbh.

Top level members of all parties have had vax/fluoride/5G issues. **** happens, we move on. Trying to get political mileage out of it is desperate.

Undermining public health initiatives is not something i think we should just move on from.

If she gets the vaccine live on tv and prevents SF social media from spreading misinformation on public health matters then it will be time to move on.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately people listen to these conspiracy theorists. They represent people, that's their job. Peddling tinfoil hat stuff is dangerous.

Should be an immediate sacking imo.

Undermining public health initiatives is not something i think we should just move on from.

If she gets the vaccine live on tv and prevents SF social media from spreading misinformation on public health matters then it will be time to move on.

I don't believe FF/FG/SD/SF/PBP politicians asking questions is undermining anything. If they or their representatives have concerns they should be addressed.

Is 'SF social media' FG spin for 'Liberal fake news media'? That's how that sounds.

Can you link to any SF policy on not taking a vaccine? There is a constant effort by FG types trying to push the conspiracy theory that SF rule the opinions of any and every rando on social media. It's desperately poor behaviour from the FG mob/party.
    FG need up their standards of engagement if they hope to win back votes IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Despite what you might think I have no strong opinions on what Loyalist politicians might say or not say.

I'm just having a bit of craic with people calling me a shinnerbot when I helpfully point out Fine Gael carved out a general election position on anti-fluoridation at a general election and even took it to the European parliament.

Can we get any Fine Gael cheerleader here to put their hand up and admit that they were the monster raving looney anti-fluoride party not so long ago? Anyone?

Lookit cock, doubt if any serious posters here give a toss what your opinion is.

Just sayin’ dude.

Think you have crowned out here...... eh?

I don't believe FF/FG/SD/SF/PBP politicians asking questions is undermining anything. If they or their representatives have concerns they should be addressed.

Is 'SF social media' FG spin for 'Liberal fake news media'? That's how that sounds.

Can you link to any SF policy on not taking a vaccine? There is a constant effort by FG types trying to push the conspiracy theory that SF rule the opinions of any and every rando on social media. It's desperately poor behaviour from the FG mob/party.
    FG need up their standards of engagement if they hope to win back votes IMO.

What's your explanation as to why SF members on social media keep retweeting conspiracy theories that undermine public health matters?

If they were being critical of them it wouldn't be an issue but all they are doing is helping them spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

doubt if any serious posters here give a toss what your opinion is.

Serious posters, lol.

Many of them here spend all day online posting the same content day after day on SF.

• Advertisement

What's your explanation as to why SF members on social media keep retweeting conspiracy theories that undermine public health matters?

If they were being critical of them it wouldn't be an issue but all they are doing is helping them spread.

Are they? Ffs :o

Name and Shame

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Our current Govt have ignored public health advice which undermines NHEPT over lockdowns on more than one occasion causing us to have longer level 5 restrictions and then go against them again opening up too early according to the public health advice

Facts

6 wrote: »
    Are they? Ffs :o

Name and Shame

Ni Riada and Wynne are the most high profile. The rest were councillors. It was mostly back when they were less popular and fishing for votes in the looney left pond. It's more associated with the far right these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

6 wrote: »
    Hey, it's 45% of SF polled that either will not take the vaccine or dont know. Embarrassing stuff tbh.

Yes we know this. What we don't know is this from an anti vaxx position or a hesitancy position.

What we need to do is keep informing and keep allaying concerns.

I don't know if that's the case. It's certainly not any SF policy I've seen. I think trying to demean people for not voting how we might like is awful behaviour. FF/FG/SF/SD/PBP politicians asking questions on health is fine in my book. Considering the last health minister thought it was covid number 19 and the current cherry picks which medical expert advice to follow, fair enough to ask questions if the public have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Interesting bit in a very interesting article from a Tory and former chancellor in the paper he Edits today
    A united, if federated, Ireland is a realistic prospect, being forged each day on the ground by the Withdrawal Agreement, while the Scottish National Party is all-too-confident about another independence referendum. Granting it is a price Labour leader Keir Starmer will pay to be in government after the next election.

Rest of the piece is also a good read on Brexit and bang on the money IMO

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/brexit-no-deal-brussels-eu-customs-union-b219100.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nobotty wrote: »
    Interesting bit in a very interesting article from a Tory and former chancellor in the paper he Edits today

Rest of the piece is also a good read on Brexit and bang on the money IMO

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/brexit-no-deal-brussels-eu-customs-union-b219100.html

A good article alright;

'Another group of winners, sadly, are the nationalists. Here in England they have got their black passport back in blue form. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, the prize is bigger. History may show the nationalists there to be the biggest beneficiaries of Brexit — which is ironic as they didn’t vote for it.'

Ni Riada and Wynne are the most high profile. The rest were councillors. It was mostly back when they were less popular and fishing for votes in the looney left pond. It's more associated with the far right these days.

You're trying hard to connect such things to SF. Why? Especially when...
    Fine Gael minister Brendan Griffin, SocDem leader Róisín Shortall, Sinn Féin TDs Pearse Doherty and Brian Stanley and Fianna Fáil TDs Robert Troy, Niamh Smyth and Pat Casey, who is now a senator, submitted parliamentary questions (PQs) about 5G's health impact.

The wireless technology has been the subject of unfounded claims that it affects people's health in recent years and has more recently been falsely linked to the spread of Covid-19. The International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection says there is no evidence that 5G causes illnesses.
    Fine Gael vice-president defends raising concerns about HPV vaccine – but says there is no need for review group to look into side effects
    John Paul Phelan is the second Junior Minister to backtrack on previous questions after Finian McGrath accepted the jab was a 'very important part' of Government policy

They don't cancel each other out by any means but this crusade to demonise SF voters is sour grapes and tacky quite frankly.

How is Stanno’s week off going..

Strong rumours he’s toast in the next day or two.....

#notanormalparty

#notanormalparty

That was a strong rumour for last weekend too. You are gonna need a bigger rumour monger Brendi.

• Advertisement

#notanormalparty

Where are these rumours? Any links

Where are these rumours? Any links

Rumours don’t usually have links.....:rolleyes:

Your making them up so

'Serious posters post serious rumours*. I get yah Brendi dude.

*Every week it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Your making them up so

Just shy of 200 posts in 5 days , very impressive. You will be be up to Francies 30k defending SF in no time Bud .

You're trying hard to connect such things to SF. Why? Especially when...

They don't cancel each other out by any means but this crusade to demonise SF voters is sour grapes and tacky quite frankly.

At the time, FF went with the scientific advice and left fluoride alone. FG kept it too and not a mention of it since Leo took over. FG did a good job with the HPV vaccine turn around. Kate O C was good when dealing with Gino's medical marijuana bill. It's a pity her Cancer act targeting those selling quack cures for didn't get finished before the election. Increased VAT rate on vitamins was rightly defended by Leo

They all do it to different extents but my experience is that SF are the worst for it.

Just shy of 200 posts in 5 days , very impressive. You will be be up to Francies 30k defending SF in no time Bud .

Hey I'm proud of that. I have them up to record breaking numbers in the polls...serious bonus this year!

At the time, FF went with the scientific advice and left fluoride alone. FG kept it too and not a mention of it since Leo took over. FG did a good job with the HPV vaccine turn around. Kate O C was good when dealing with Gino's medical marijuana bill. It's a pity her Cancer act targeting those selling quack cures for didn't get finished before the election. Increased VAT rate on vitamins was rightly defended by Leo

They all do it to different extents but my experience is that SF are the worst for it.

Fair enough. I disagree. "Ni Riada and Wynne are the most high profile. The rest were councillors." is hardly high profile government ministers.

12 of your last 15 posts have been about SF in the SF thread.

No opinions on anything else

Strange that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Reminder, attack the post, not the poster.

Drop all these swipes at each other personally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement