Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Bowie wrote: »
    Fair enough. I disagree. "Ni Riada and Wynne are the most high profile. The rest were councillors." is hardly high profile government ministers.

Only because they haven't been in government yet. Tweet by Pierce D, praising Stanley for having some crank give a talk about fluoride , was posted earlier in the thread. He's hardly minor.

Are you saying they wouldn't follow through with any of this stuff ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

12 of your last 15 posts have been about SF in the SF thread.

No opinions on anything else

Strange that

Why is it strange, I detest them and their populist bollox so will call them out , I have another 800 not on SF .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

jh79 wrote: »
    Only because they haven't been in government yet. Tweet by Pierce D, praising Stanley for having some crank give a talk about fluoride , was posted earlier in the thread. He's hardly minor.

Are you saying they wouldn't follow through with any of this stuff ?

That doesn't take away from high profile ministers and senators from FF/FG/Green/SD etc. doing same.
    Are they putting it forward as policy or like every other party had members with concerns but moved on?

I expect they'll follow the prevailing medical advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Why is it strange, I detest them and their populist bollox so will call them out , I have another 800 not on SF .

Must hurt that they are the party on the up, youth on their side and at their highest ratings in the polls since they began.

Have the poor Govt scrambling around trying to find anything on them as we now have a proper opposition with SF and a few other parties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Must hurt that they are the party on the up, youth on their side and at their highest ratings in the polls since they began.

Have the poor Govt scrambling around trying to find anything on them as we now have a proper opposition with SF and a few other parties
    If you say so pity none of the other parties will touch team with a barge pole . Didn’t hurt me personally but I do worry what state the country would be in if they ever do get in . As many gripes I personally have with FG/FF I know the country is stable and our economy is in a good way . The country would be in dire straits if SF do get in . The party that wants to reward scrounges for sitting on their arse and tax the life out of people who go out and nark something of their lives. Look at their bench - that is the best they can up with . Load mouth frauds that have no viable solutions to any issues. They just shout what the people want to hear . All very easy until you have to put it into practice. So this is what counts as proper opposition these days is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Our current Govt have ignored public health advice which undermines NHEPT over lockdowns on more than one occasion causing us to have longer level 5 restrictions and then go against them again opening up too early according to the public health advice

Facts

NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

How is Stanno’s week off going..

Strong rumours he’s toast in the next day or two.....

#notanormalparty

With the flak rightly now on Mary-Lou, a sacrifice is needed. Brian will volunteer.

If you say so pity none of the other parties will touch team with a barge pole . Didn’t hurt me personally but I do worry what state the country would be in if they ever do get in . As many gripes I personally have with FG/FF I know the country is stable and our economy is in a good way . The country would be in dire straits if SF do get in . The party that wants to reward scrounges for sitting on their arse and tax the life out of people who go out and nark something of their lives. Look at their bench - that is the best they can up with . Load mouth frauds that have no viable solutions to any issues. They just shout what the people want to hear . All very easy until you have to put it into practice. So this is what counts as proper opposition these days is it ?

Yep that's why FF are finished as a party and Leo led FG to their worst election in a century

Since the merge of FFG (They have the same policies now, no matter what its vote together) SF are at their highest levels in the polls ever all while the Govt give themselves more money and reject mortgage motions, rent motions, kids working in hospital risking their lives getting paid etc..

Keep it up is all il say

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A proper opposition would be able to say where they plan to get the money from.

If SF had "burned the bondholders", we wouldn't have anywhere to get loans from now.

the_syco wrote: »
    A proper opposition would be able to say where they plan to get the money from.

If SF had "burned the bondholders", we wouldn't have anywhere to get loans from now.

If we hadn't have bailed the banks who robbed people and continue to do we might be in a completely different situation.

You can read Sinn Féins alternative budgets every year on their website, you obvs havnt so when you do we can discuss that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

If we hadn't have bailed the banks who robbed people and continue to do we might be in a completely different situation.

You can read Sinn Féins alternative budgets every year on their website, you obvs havnt so when you do we can discuss that

Tax the rich...... I got it there.

Tax the rich...... I got it there.

So you didn't read it

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

blanch152 wrote: »
    A friendly call from a neighbour.......that was unwanted......and made the recipient feel weird.

#notanormalparty

It appears SF weren't the first party to make friendly calls to members......

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=115543539

TheJournal.ie revealed earlier this week that several members of the YFG national executive council visited O’Sullivan’s home last Friday and presented him with a letter demanding his resignation or warning that he would be forced out.

It appears Stanno going to fall on his sword regarding PAC.

That seems imminent, sources say.

Unable to get definite confirmation, but inside sources have indicated in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Unable to get definite confirmation, but inside sources have indicated in that direction.

I said that once the faux woke crowd ( you know the ones who invent words like 'heavies') got after him, he was toast. No biggie there Brendie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Morning Brenner - can I just ask, by "sources" do you mean "hunch plucked from your nether regions"?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Morning Brenner - can I just ask, by "sources" do you mean "haunch plucked from your nether regions"?

Brendi's 'sources' are not week specific. They said the same thing last week.

I eventually found them in my local library in the fiction section.

The numbers didn't add up in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Really? I'd be surprised bearing in mind that a former FF Chair of PAC has said on RTE Drive time that the PAC is meant to be cross party and independent from party political influence and it as already accepted an apology from him. If he is to be punished, it should be in the Dail that he is censored.

I said that once the faux woke crowd ( you know the ones who invent words like 'heavies') got after him, he was toast. No biggie there Brendie.

There isn't a single person outside the membership of Sinn Fein who has publicly supported Stanley.

A sincere apology to Varadkar is the minimum he has to do. Leo cleverly switching the focus to Mary-Lou's failure to pick up on it, just like on Holohan.

More attacks on Leo, like we have seen on here this morning, just won't cut it.

He is gay and of Indian heritage, get over it, stop the dog-whistle stuff, that is the message that should be going out from Mary-Lou to her party. He has been a problem to Sinn Fein oldies from the start. Because his great-grandparents didn't fight in 1916, the uber-nationalists just don't like him. I have previously spoken about the nastiness of the ideology of exclusionary nationalism as practiced by Sinn Fein. The attitude to Varadkar shows this up clearly.

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    Really? I'd be surprised bearing in mind that a former FF Chair of PAC has said on RTE Drive time that the PAC is meant to be cross party and independent from party political influence and it as already accepted an apology from him. If he is to be punished, it should be in the Dail that he is censored.

Has it? The vice-chair of the PAC is on record to say it doesn't go far enough.

There isn't a single person outside the membership of Sinn Fein who has publicly supported Stanley.

A sincere apology to Varadkar is the minimum he has to do. Leo cleverly switching the focus to Mary-Lou's failure to pick up on it, just like on Holohan.

More attacks on Leo, like we have seen on here this morning, just won't cut it.

He is gay and of Indian heritage, get over it, stop the dog-whistle stuff, that is the message that should be going out from Mary-Lou to her party. He has been a problem to Sinn Fein oldies from the start. Because his great-grandparents didn't fight in 1916, the uber-nationalists just don't like him. I have previously spoken about the nastiness of the ideology of exclusionary nationalism as practiced by Sinn Fein. The attitude to Varadkar shows this up clearly.

Do you believe what you write?

Nobody gives a **** Leo is Indian Gay Trans whatever

People have issues with him lying and misleading the Dáil

Self serving bull**** as usual from you.
    Fianna Fáil's Marc MacSharry said while the comments were very inappropriate and insensitive, Mr Stanley was a good chairperson and should not resign.

While critical of the tweet, Labour's Sean Sherlock and Independent Verona Murphy also said he had apologised and should remain as PAC Chair.

Fine Gael's Alan Dillon said it was a personal choice for Mr Stanley, while Green TD Neasa Hourigan declined to comment.

Self serving bull**** as usual from you.

You don't agree that his tweet was inappropriate and insensitive. In fact, you have consistently denied that the tweet had anything to do with Leo's sexuality. Nobody outside of Sinn Fein believes that, which is the point I am making.

Everyone sees the tweet for what it was.

Similarly, while people outside Sinn Fein might recognise his right to hold an opinion that Warrenpoint was a good thing, none of them share that opinion.

You don't agree that his tweet was inappropriate and insensitive. In fact, you have consistently denied that the tweet had anything to do with Leo's sexuality. Nobody outside of Sinn Fein believes that, which is the point I am making.

Similarly, while people outside Sinn Fein might recognise his right to hold an opinion that Warrenpoint was a good thing, none of them share that opinion.

"There isn't a single person outside the membership of Sinn Fein who has publicly supported Stanley"

Why did you lie?

People outside SF have accepted his apology and don't require his resignation.

You just lied through your teeth again and are now pivoting to something else.

I think both his tweets were insensitive and vulgar. I do not think, on the basis of his explanation that the second one was homophobic as many don't BECAUSE if it was his resignation would be called for.

"There isn't a single person outside the membership of Sinn Fein who has publicly supported Stanley"

Why did you lie?

I didn't lie. Not a single person outside of the membership of Sinn Fein has publicly supported Stanley. Not one of them has said he was right to tweet what he tweeted.

Some are showing sympathy for him, or playing down the seriousness of it, but not a single one have said that his tweets were right.

People outside SF have accepted his apology and don't require his resignation.

You just lied through your teeth again and are now pivoting to something else.

I think both his tweets were insensitive and vulgar. I do not think, on the basis of his explanation that the second one was homophobic as many don't BECAUSE if it was his resignation would be called for.

By definition, if they accepted his apology, they acknowledged that he was wrong, and therefore they didn't support him in his original tweet.

I didn't lie. Not a single person outside of the membership of Sinn Fein has publicly supported Stanley. Not one of them has said he was right to tweet what he tweeted.

Some are showing sympathy for him, or playing down the seriousness of it, but not a single one have said that his tweets were right.

Who 'inside' SF has said his tweets were right?

• Advertisement

Do you believe what you write?

Nobody gives a **** Leo is Indian Gay Trans whatever

People have issues with him lying and misleading the Dáil

People have issues with Stanley’s activities on social media as well.

The Twitter account ‘disappeared’ very quickly.

I certainly would’t put much weight on anything MacSharry says.

Like she bottled the interview with CB, MaryLou is bottling this issue.

Anyway... decent people don’t want that rubbish from the chairman of any committee much less the PAC.

Has anyone the courage to stand up and be counted, and show leadership to the electorate.

ML clearly hasn’t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement