Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

People outside SF have accepted his apology and don't require his resignation.

You just lied through your teeth again and are now pivoting to something else.

I think both his tweets were insensitive and vulgar. I do not think, on the basis of his explanation that the second one was homophobic as many don't BECAUSE if it was his resignation would be called for.

The anti vax stuff too. Time to put certain posters on mute. Consistently lieing without evidence. A waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

blanch152 wrote: »
    There isn't a single person outside the membership of Sinn Fein who has publicly supported Stanley.

A sincere apology to Varadkar is the minimum he has to do. Leo cleverly switching the focus to Mary-Lou's failure to pick up on it, just like on Holohan.

More attacks on Leo, like we have seen on here this morning, just won't cut it.

He is gay and of Indian heritage, get over it, stop the dog-whistle stuff, that is the message that should be going out from Mary-Lou to her party. He has been a problem to Sinn Fein oldies from the start. Because his great-grandparents didn't fight in 1916, the uber-nationalists just don't like him. I have previously spoken about the nastiness of the ideology of exclusionary nationalism as practiced by Sinn Fein. The attitude to Varadkar shows this up clearly.
    Hang on a second there. You forgetting that Leo has an Irish mother whose family have strong war of Independence credentials (and for the record Sinn Fein had nothing to do with 1916. On Leo's father's side, were not two of his uncles imprisoned by the British Inthe fight for Indian independence? Worth noting that Leo's father supported Fianna Fail As well, not Fine Gael!
    It's pretty pathetic of you to accuse others of dog whistling using Leo's Indian heritage while completely ignoring his Irish heritage from his mother's side. There seems to be a touch of misogyny here in your post.
    Has the PAC asked him to resign?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jm08 wrote: »
    Hang on a second there. You forgetting that Leo has an Irish mother whose family have strong war of Independence credentials (and for the record Sinn Fein had nothing to do with 1916. On Leo's father's side, were not two of his uncles imprisoned by the British Inthe fight for Indian independence? Worth noting that Leo's father supported Fianna Fail As well, not Fine Gael!
    It's pretty pathetic of you to accuse others of dog whistling using Leo's Indian heritage while completely ignoring his Irish heritage from his mother's side. There seems to be a touch of misogyny here in your post.
    Has the PAC asked him to resign?

The point is I don't care about his family background or his heritage.

It is not an issue for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think it is slightly patronising to Sinn Féin membership when accusing them of bigotry towards Leo because of his heritage or lack of relationship with older republicans, or in fact his sexuality and lifestyle around it. That is not the reason he is being slurred in the media by Sinn Féin members, its' politicians and other supporters.

The reason why they like to get at his personal life and his heritage is because he is a brilliant and brave politician who is extremely smart and puts it up to their crap and lack of invention everyday. They cannot fault his politics so they resort to insults and personnel jibes. He is the only politician amongst them that has delivered proper change to Ireland in the last 10 years, including marriage rights for LGBT and birth rights to women, at long last. They cannot stomach that deep down, that Leo delivered those. Leo brought change to Ireland, he delivered and gave thousands of our citizens fresh hope. Leo actioned change. Sinn Féín hate that.

That is the real truth behind the hate campaign and just about sums up the height of Sinn Féin political manoeuvres. Find the enemy, look for weaknesses, begin flinging mud based on some moral polarising aspect to their personality, try to pick up the pieces with some form of virtue signaling after. When they can't attack the politics they attack the person, that is the modus operandi. They have been at it for years and it doesn't exclude their own members who don't toe the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The point is I don't care about his family background or his heritage.

It is not an issue for me.

Of course you don't Blanch, that's why you never, ever, miss a chance to bring it up at every available opportunity to try and imply someone else has an issue with his heritage or sexuality, when in fact most people don't give a toss about his heritage or sexuality, it's his lies, leaking of documents or that he's a self obsessed monomaniac that they take issue with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

IAMAMORON wrote: »

The reason why they like to get at his personal life and his heritage is because he is a brilliant and brave politician who is extremely smart and puts it up to their crap and lack of invention everyday.

That explains it!

His brilliance and bravery has led him to achieve one of the worst results in an election for the FG party in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

That explains it!

His brilliance and bravery has led him to achieve one of the worst results in an election for the FG party in history.

North Korea, Dear Leader type messaging ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

With the flak rightly now on Mary-Lou, a sacrifice is needed. Brian will volunteer.

Will they visit his house to ask though?

Will they visit his house to ask though?

Is Brian Purcell still available for house visits?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think it is slightly patronising to Sinn Féin membership when accusing them of bigotry towards Leo because of his heritage or lack of relationship with older republicans, or in fact his sexuality and lifestyle around it. That is not the reason he is being slurred in the media by Sinn Féin members, its' politicians and other supporters.

The reason why they like to get at his personal life and his heritage is because he is a brilliant and brave politician who is extremely smart and puts it up to their crap and lack of invention everyday. They cannot fault his politics so they resort to insults and personnel jibes. He is the only politician amongst them that has delivered proper change to Ireland in the last 10 years, including marriage rights for LGBT and birth rights to women, at long last. They cannot stomach that deep down, that Leo delivered those. Leo brought change to Ireland, he delivered and gave thousands of our citizens fresh hope. Leo actioned change. Sinn Féín hate that.

That is the real truth behind the hate campaign and just about sums up the height of Sinn Féin political manoeuvres. Find the enemy, look for weaknesses, begin flinging mud based on some moral polarising aspect to their personality, try to pick up the pieces with some form of virtue signaling after. When they can't attack the politics they attack the person, that is the modus operandi. They have been at it for years and it doesn't exclude their own members who don't toe the line.

Correct, I,instead of moving our country forward these folk want to live in the past, instead of letting sores heal, these simpletons want to keep opening them, instead of being or trying to be inclusive, these bhoys and girls want to be exclusive, instead of working to help our country progress,these folk are more interested in coat trailing and sword rattling.

God help us all if this bunch of losers and negativity experts

#notanormalparty

• Advertisement

Correct, I,instead of moving our country forward these folk want to live in the past, instead of letting sores heal, these simpletons want to keep opening them, instead of being or trying to be inclusive, these bhoys and girls want to be exclusive, instead of working to help our country progress,these folk are more interested in coat trailing and sword rattling.

y

Sounds exactly like what you would do to lead your party to one of it's worst performances in history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

That explains it!

Sounds exactly like what you would do to lead your party to one of it's worst performances in history.

Hard to argue with Francie.

But he has had his lickin now?

He is human, so he can make mistakes. But I doubt he makes them twice and he is the type to learn from them.

He hasn't gone away you know?

Hard to argue with Francie.

But he has had his lickin now?

He is human, so he can make mistakes. But I doubt he makes them twice and he is the type to learn from them.

He hasn't gone away you know?

Not hard to argue at all. Just show us what was 'brave and brilliant' about leading your party to one of the worst performances in history?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

#notanormalparty

Moving the country forward.....

Hospital waiting lists
    Homeless crisis
    Mental health crisis
    Poverty
    Direct provision

Yeah FFG are doing a great job.

Oh and don't forget the most expensive hospital in the world....ever

#notanormalparty

The nasty ideology of exclusionary nationalism is the common thread that binds Trump, Brexit (Johnson) and Sinn Fein.

They can mutually hate each other because of those similarities, but they are all poison.

#notanormalparty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The nasty ideology of exclusionary nationalism is the common thread that binds Trump, Brexit (Johnson) and Sinn Fein.

They can mutually hate each other because of those similarities, but they are all poison.

#notanormalparty

Weren't SF actively and openly criticising government over the treatment of immigrants and direct provision centers? Don't SF advocate for anyone born on the island being Irish?
    Wasn't it FG courting the woman who wanted re-education centers for immigrants for support?

I won't get into the similarities between Trump/Johnson and FG, (such as FG using the Tories very own election PR team).

#notanormalparty

Take a look at FG's Twitter account for the last couple of months. Attack dog, gaslighting politics based on half truths and cliches. Straight out of the Trump playbook.

Supporters of FG at it here too.

Take a look at FG's Twitter account for the last couple of months. Attack dog, gaslighting politics based on half truths and cliches. Straight out of the Trump playbook.

Don’t tell me you are all over Twitter too.....!!

Don’t tell me you are all over Twitter too.....!!

I see #LeoTheLeak is trending on it today again.... What's he done now Brenner?

Bowie wrote: »
    Weren't SF actively and openly criticising government over the treatment of immigrants and direct provision centers? Don't SF advocate for anyone born on the island being Irish?
    Wasn't it FG courting the woman who wanted re-education centers for immigrants for support?

I won't get into the similarities between Trump/Johnson and FG, (such as FG using the Tories very own election PR team).

In advocating for anyone born on this island to be Irish, Sinn Fein are doing so to deny the rights of others born on this island to be British (or indeed something else). That is the very epitome of exclusionary nationalism - the denial of rights to others. You just have to see the pathetic posturing of posters on these boards around this issue that all born on this island are automatically Irish, despite the laws, North and South, saying something completely different.

The labelling of unionism as extremist, the derogatory references to partitionism, despite it being a legitimate political position, and finally, not to mention the divisive references to events of the recent past, they are all symbolic of the same nasty ideology of exclusionary nationalism. Either you are Irish on our terms or you are not welcome, that is the Sinn Fein ideology.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »

No idea Randal,I steer clear of that platform, full of charlatans and spoofers, wouldn’t be my type.

Seems to be a full time job for some lads trawling these areas for stuff to talk about.

Where do they get the time one has to ask, or the inclination.

Lads like us wouldn’t have the time for all that surely... hard workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

If the price of a United Ireland is wearing a poppy I'll wear a poppy.

If the price of a United Ireland is keeping my mouth shut about the fact that when I heard about the Stanley Tweet my first thought was

Thirteen gone but not forgotten,
    For we got eighteen,
    And Mountbatten

Then I'll never say it again and every politician in Sinn Fein should be willing to do the same thing.

What has any of that to do with the ideology of Trumpism being so close to that of Sinn Fein?

Just look at Sinn Fein's continuous rejection of the EEC, then the EC and the EU, to see a mirror of Trumpian withdrawal from international co-operation.

In advocating for anyone born on this island to be Irish, Sinn Fein are doing so to deny the rights of others born on this island to be British (or indeed something else). That is the very epitome of exclusionary nationalism - the denial of rights to others. You just have to see the pathetic posturing of posters on these boards around this issue that all born on this island are automatically Irish, despite the laws, North and South, saying something completely different.

The labelling of unionism as extremist, the derogatory references to partitionism, despite it being a legitimate political position, and finally, not to mention the divisive references to events of the recent past, they are all symbolic of the same nasty ideology of exclusionary nationalism. Either you are Irish on our terms or you are not welcome, that is the Sinn Fein ideology.

I am responding to your claims:

#notanormalparty

Welcoming anyone born as Irish is not exclusionary. Quite the opposite. It does not mean denying their heritage or right to view themselves as British, Chinese or Latvian. They also support gay rights which was one of the issues, you often leave out, why Stormont stalled for so long.

I don't think you are being truthful. If you are, you are wrong.
    Your comparisons to Trump who doesn't want anyone born to immigrants recognised as American and Johnson who is himself a racist, pro brexit and anti immigrant is dishonest and wrong.

What has any of that to do with the ideology of Trumpism being so close to that of Sinn Fein?

Just look at Sinn Fein's continuous rejection of the EEC, then the EC and the EU, to see a mirror of Trumpian withdrawal from international co-operation.

^^^ That post is Trumpian in itself as it relies on half truths and hopes that it is read without the reader being aware of the history. Exactly what FG are doing on Twitter for several months...referenced on Claire Byrne's show on Monday. They are fooling nobody, not even RTE, so crude a copy of Trump tactics is it.

^^^ That post is Trumpian in itself as it relies on half truths and hopes that it is read without the reader being aware of the history. Exactly what FG are doing on Twitter for several months...referenced on Claire Byrne's show on Monday. They are fooling nobody, not even RTE, so crude a copy of Trump tactics is it.

That theme lends itself to MLMD having to state she would take a vaccine (and the anti-vax spin on here). In the states we had a democratic congress woman having to come out and make a statement condemning ISIS and the like anytime there is an incident because she's Muslim. Not comparing the topics, comparing the agenda.

The student nurses pay just featured on RTE radio one again. It's all an effort to distract coupled with the bite of doing so poorly in the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I assume this is in the twitter trends tailored for you section, which is based on your own interests and what you are commonly searching for, because this isn't trending at all in the regular trends.

I see people using their tailored twitter trends a lot to show how "viral" something has got, not realising that it is trends tailored to their own Twitter usage.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I assume this is in the twitter trends tailored for you section, which is based on your own interests and what you are commonly searching for, because this isn't trending at all in the regular trends.

I see people using their tailored twitter trends a lot to show how "viral" something has got, not realising that it is trends tailored to their own Twitter usage.

You'd assume wrongly so. I'm not sure how you post to what was trending earlier in the day on twitter, but #Varadkar and #LeoTheLeak were both trending earlier in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You'd assume wrongly so. I'm not sure how you post to what was trending earlier in the day on twitter, but #Varadkar and #LeoTheLeak were both trending earlier in the day.

This one isn't anyway.
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1334596162897272834?s=20

• Advertisement

A twitter account isn't a twitter trend FFS. Jeez bish, pretend to know what you're talking about at least when attempting a funny one. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement