Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    A twitter account isn't a twitter trend FFS. Jeez bish, pretend to know what you're talking about at least when attempting a funny one. :D

Well it was trending strongly then whoosh, gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Well it was trending strongly then whoosh, gone.

Now you're confusing a tweet with a trend. Stanley might have been trending on Twitter, but his account/profile wasn't the trend.

Just stop. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Now you're confusing a tweet with a trend. Stanley might have been trending on Twitter, but his account/profile wasn't the trend.

Just stop. :pac:

Yep, he certainly was trending. I wonder are we getting near the end of this chapter or will SF manage to drag it out for another week or 2 somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Bowie wrote: »
    Weren't SF actively and openly criticising government over the treatment of immigrants and direct provision centers? Don't SF advocate for anyone born on the island being Irish?
    Wasn't it FG courting the woman who wanted re-education centers for immigrants for support?

I won't get into the similarities between Trump/Johnson and FG, (such as FG using the Tories very own election PR team).

It's okay. Sinn Féin are not nationalist or republican anymore. The SDLP and FF with rainbow flags :)

Gas to hear Shinners and Gaelers squabbling over stuff when they agree on almost everything: subservience to EU, abortion, transgender gibberish, mass immigration, Partition, corporation tax, privatisation (in north), the lockdown, and so on and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It's okay. Sinn Féin are not nationalist or republican anymore. The SDLP and FF with rainbow flags :)

Gas to hear Shinners and Gaelers squabbling over stuff when they agree on almost everything: subservience to EU, abortion, transgender gibberish, mass immigration, Partition, corporation tax, privatisation (in north), the lockdown, and so on and so forth.

I'm neither. Important to call out lies and spin.

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Yep, he certainly was trending. I wonder are we getting near the end of this chapter or will SF manage to drag it out for another week or 2 somehow?

And now he's not, yet Varadkar still is/was as demonstrated earlier today, how many days after the news broke?

Do any of you guys think anything through before tweeting posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hold on, I'll ask the man with his finger on the pulse.

Brendi, could you ask your 'source' to define 'imminent'?

Asking for a friend. ;)
    It appears Stanno going to fall on his sword regarding PAC.

That seems imminent, sources say.

Unable to get definite confirmation, but inside sources have indicated in that direction.

And now he's not, yet Varadkar still is, how many days after the news broke?

Who's you guys? My opinions are my own and I tweet stuff once in a blue moon.

Who do you think came out worse out of this? Varadkar or SF?

Asking for a friend. ;)

I read that earlier myself. Do you think SF will manage to drag it out for another week or 2?

Who's you guys? My opinions are my own and I tweet stuff once in a blue moon.

Who do you think came out worse out of this? Varadkar or SF?

Are you seriously asking me who came out worse between:

Leo Varadkar, as Taoiseach of the state was caught passing on confidential documents to his friend because his friend asked him to.

Or, shock horror, a Sinn Fein TD tweeted something about the IRA :eek:

You're trying to yank my chain christy, aren't you?

• Advertisement

Are you seriously asking me who came out worse

Leo Varadkar, as Taoiseach of the state was caught passing on confidential documents to his friend because his friend asked him to.

Or, shock horror, a Sinn Fein TD tweeted something about the IRA :eek:

You're trying to yank my chain christy, aren't you?

I was asking about this Stanley affair. Some people have criticised Varadkar for getting involved.

Anyway, please expand on the "you guys" and tweeting rubbish.

I was asking about this Stanley affair. Some people have criticised Varadkar for getting involved.

Anyway, please expand on the "you guys" and tweeting rubbish.

Dear lord, I really need to "expand" on who "you guys" are?

Here's a clue, Bishop posted something in this thread about Twitter, and how his account wasn't trending, you followed up with a similar post also in this thread.

Go on Christy, engage the brain, you can do it horse........

Here's a clue, Bishop posted something about Twitter, and how his account wasn't trending, you followed up with a similar post.

Go on Christy, you can do it........

Why are you lumping me in with him? Why did you reference tweeting when replying to me?

Why are you lumping me in with him? Why did you reference tweeting when replying to me?

Sorry, I thought when you mentioned "trending" you were referencing Twitter, as bishop had also done shortly before you. (That'd explain "lumping you in" too)

And now he's not, yet Varadkar still is/was as demonstrated earlier today, how many days after the news broke?

I didn't think that would need further clarification, but boards never ceases to amaze me.

Bye bye Christy.

;)

Sorry, I thought when you mentioned "trending" you were referencing Twitter, as bishop had also done shortly before you. (That'd explain "lumping you in" too)

I didn't think that would need further clarification, but boards never ceases to amaze me.

Bye bye Christy.

Yes I mentioned trending and therefore Twitter. I haven't tweeted in about a year I'd say, so before posting anything about me tweeting please engage that brain as you said yourself.

Anyway do you think SF will manage to knock another week or 2 out of this?

I read that earlier myself. Do you think SF will manage to drag it out for another week or 2?

Drag what out? Bar chat on here, hardly heard it mentioned for most of yesterday and today.

Alan Kelly, Michael Martin and McDowell seem to be the political figures trending negative feedback today.

I would expect Brexit will knock it for six as a news story tomorrow, and maybe even Friday if the news is bad from Brussels.

Drag what out? Bar chat on here, hardly heard it mentioned for most of yesterday and today.

Alan Kelly, Michael Martin and McDowell seem to be the political figures trending negative feedback today.

I would expect Brexit will knock it for six as a news story tomorrow, and maybe even Friday if the news is bad from Brussels.

Drag out this story? Yeah seems to have died down a bit to be fair, SF seemed to stop shooting itself in the foot. I think Stanley is going to address the Dail so maybe they'll make a balls of that too?

Yes I mentioned trending and therefore Twitter. I haven't tweeted in about a year I'd say, so before posting anything about me tweeting please engage that brain as you said yourself.

Christy, it was an off the cuff remark following on from the twitter references, holy moly, don't take everything literally. If I posted for you to "pull up your socks" would you be bent over tugging on the mid calfs?
    Anyway do you think SF will manage to knock another week or 2 out of this?
    I don't understand what you mean by this?

Are you asking if Stanley's likely to resign in the next week or two?

Christy, it was an off the cuff remark following on from the twitter references, holy moly, don't take everything literally. If I posted for you to "pull up your socks" would you be bent over tugging on the mid calfs?

I don't understand what you mean by this?

Are you asking if Stanley's likely to resign in the next week or two?

I've heard of pull up your socks, never heard of using he term tweeting when not actually referring to posting something on twitter.

Regarding my question, I'm asking do you think this is near the end or do you think SF are likely to screw something up leading it to being in the news for another week or 2? Given their handling of it so far anything is possible IMO.

• Advertisement

Drag out this story? Yeah seems to have died down a bit to be fair, SF seemed to stop shooting itself in the foot. I think Stanley is going to address the Dail so maybe they'll make a balls of that too?

If he doesn't see the need to resign on Friday or before (it has been 'imminent' since last week according to Brendi's source) then it will be others dragging it out.

Leo and Helen McEntee were left alone after their Dáil appearances.

If he doesn't see the need to resign on Friday or before (it has been 'imminent' since last week according to Brendi's source) then it will be others dragging it out.

Leo and Helen McEntee were left alone after their Dáil appearances.

As I said before I'd rather the focus be on him and SF for their nonsensical economic policies than this.

I know Leo and Helen were left alone, but SF had members resign over it. But I do think it'll probably fizzle out unless they manage another screw up.

He should apologise for any offense caused to Varadkar and leave it there. He should have done that on day one. Both Varadkar and McEntee have said they don't want to make a big deal of it but...
    It was personal and any apology should be directed to Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Asking for a friend. ;)

Hedging the bets now I’m afraid, looking less likely now I hear.

The Dáil appearance and the sin bin might have done enough.

Unless... we get an Alan Kelly moment

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Here's a clue, Bishop posted something in this thread about Twitter, and how his account wasn't trending, you followed up with a similar post also in this thread.

Go on Christy, engage the brain, you can do it horse........

Bye bye Christy.

Mod

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that these are also off the cuff comments.

Tone them down a notch as they can also be read as coming across as aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

If they just kept their head down it would probably have blown over by now.

I think the "social media" line might possibly have been taken out of context. From the article.
    Mr Browne said that since he became involved with Sinn Féin in 1980 he had gone to members’ doors “to have discussions” about the party, saying: “It was me going to another party member and having a discussion, whether it was a disagreement or an agreement or something or trying to come to a consensus or something. I would never have even think of it as being intimidatory.”

Let's everyone now pretend that no political party has members who visit other members homes to discuss things.

We've become a nation of shrinking violets if this is now.comsidered abnormal.

It's a follow up to a nothing story. It throws out the FG 'Heavies', (which the woman asked be retracted by FG) spin. A TD had an issue with a members social media posting and called around. So what?
    When I was in Labour I'd similar happen.

• Advertisement

The 'knock on the door' aspect of this is such a load of contrived nonsense. Seized upon by the lads and lassies who seize upon all the tropes and cliches. Not one of them felt the need or had the balls to hold their hands up and say they were wrong about it even when O'Mahony spelled out the nature of it.

At least they won't be lying when they call this guy a 'heavy' :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement