Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

aido79 wrote: »
    Maybe you don't have a problem with her choice of partner but do you have any issues with her as a SF councillor campaigning for his early release?
    Can you imagine a member of any other party in Ireland actually campaigning with the full support of the party for the release of a convicted killer of a detective?
    I'm fine with it. Gave Sinn Fein my number 3 last time might give them 1 & 2 this time.
    And you reckon these particular 'issues' will put off a lot of potential SF voters?
    Most Irish people see "Sinn Fein IRA" and think it's a boast. Me included.

Thirteen gone but not forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Maybe so but still not a good look for politicians to campaign for the release of something who killed a detective in my opinion.
    I won't be writing to anyone but Pauline is way down the list of people I will ever vote for.

But you are ok with the Ceann Comhairle writing commendations for rapists?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

It wasn't an issue then and that was the time that Johnny Bruton was waving his carrot at Charlie Windsor, think if you start looking into politicians partners you'll find a lot of stuff you don't like, might even lead to a exumation or two

What's an exumation?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Voting for anyone is not compulsory.

Why the concern then?

I fail to see why so many people are surprised that
    1. Some Shinners support what the IRA did and their methods.
    2. That both sides took advantage of the provisions and deals that were a part of the GFA, that they now want to carp about and
    3. That many more vote for SF realising that they came from the same place as FF FG and that their past is their past. A vote for SF in 2020 is therefore not a vote for the IRA and what they did, merely an acceptance that what happened, happened and had a context.

If their past is not their past then it is high time FF or FG who have been in power got off their outraged, insinuating (when it suits them for political gain) arses and did something about it, as one or other of them as the government have a duty to the GFA to ensure there is no return to the past by any of those who signed up to the GFA.
    Otherwise what they say is noise and politcal gainsaying and can be treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

It wasn't an issue then and that was the time that Johnny Bruton was waving his carrot at Charlie Windsor, think if you start looking into politicians partners you'll find a lot of stuff you don't like, might even lead to a exhumation or two

If have evidence that a body needs to be exhumed for an investigation you should probably report it.

• Advertisement

I'm fine with it. Gave Sinn Fein my number 3 last time might give them 1 & 2 this time.

Most Irish people see "Sinn Fein IRA" and think it's a boast. Me included.

Thirteen gone but not forgotten.

This is the kind of thinking that ensures a united Ireland will never become a reality.

But you are ok with the Ceann Comhairle writing commendations for rapists?

Now that is definitely random viewing. Why do you think I'm ok with anyhow like that.
    Bizarre post to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What am I going to find out? That one of the sisters who served time in prison married a FF Td? Anything else?

Do you have any posts giving out about the former Leas-Cheann Comhairles partner of choice on this site?

If not then sorry, maybe I've mistook you for another poster who was questioning the standard of politicians depending on their partner choice.
    You'd have to wonder about the type of person who would marry a former provisional IRA member while they were in prison for the manslaughter of a detective.

Actually it was you.

Why the concern then?

I fail to see why so many people are surprised that
    1. Some Shinners support what the IRA did and their methods.
    2. That both sides took advantage of the provisions and deals that were a part of the GFA, that they now want to carp about and
    3. That many more vote for SF realising that they came from the same place as FF FG and that their past is their past. A vote for SF in 2020 is therefore not a vote for the IRA and what they did, merely an acceptance that what happened, happened and had a context.

If their past is not their past then it is high time FF or FG who have been in power got off their outraged, insinuating (when it suits them for political gain) arses and did something about it, as one or other of them as the government have a duty to the GFA to ensure there is no return to the past by any of those who signed up to the GFA.
    Otherwise what they say is noise and politcal gainsaying and can be treated as such.

No real concern to be honest. She actually not Sinn Fein's worst representative by a long shot.

Obviously there are Sinn Fein politicians that support the IRA's actions. Mary Lou is one of their biggest fans.
    Sinn Fein were reluctant supporters of the GFA and only went for it when they got permission from the IRA after they found it they didn't have to hand over their weapons straight away.

A vote for Sinn Fein is like writing a letter to Santa and hoping everything magically appears without having to work about the cost of it because someone else is paying.

What would you like FF or FG to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

This is the kind of thinking that ensures a united Ireland will never become a reality.

Worst part of it all is that they probably think that kind of divisive rhetoric will somehow bring about a United Ireland. Completely defying logic.

A workable United Ireland will require buy in from people of a Unionist background also.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Do you have any posts giving out about the former Leas-Cheann Comhairles partner of choice on this site?

If not then sorry, maybe I've mistook you for another poster who was questioning the standard of politicians depending on their partner choice.

Actually it was you.

Maybe I should question Pat Gallagher's choice of partner too then.

No real concern to be honest. She actually not Sinn Fein's worst representative by a long shot.

Obviously there are Sinn Fein politicians that support the IRA's actions. Mary Lou is one of their biggest fans.
    Sinn Fein were reluctant supporters of the GFA and only went for it when they got permission from the IRA after they found it they didn't have to hand over their weapons straight away.

Am I surprised your grasp of history is weak?
    It was Adams who convinced Hume that an agreement could only be reached if everyone was at the table and only if it was on an all Ireland basis. He demonstrated the mistake Hume had made with his previous efforts that resulted in failure.
    The IRA where an intricate part of the settlement for that reason as were Loyalists who took part, that is why it worked.
    A vote for Sinn Fein is like writing a letter to Santa and hoping everything magically appears without having to work about the cost of it because someone else is paying.
    As I say, your vote is not compulsory. You don't need to get down in the redtop dirt to demean a woman who made a bad choice to convince you not to vote for them.
    What would you like FF or FG to do?

Be democrats and recognise the mandates given by the electorate? Without taking the huff?
    Their combined share of the vote has fallen from a high of 84% to under 50%, they need to ask themselves, why that is and stop the patronising blame game.

Maybe I should question Pat Gallagher's choice of partner too then.

Why though?

What difference does it make?

Am I surprised your grasp of history is weak?
    It was Adams who convinced Hume that an agreement could only be reached if everyone was at the table and only if it was on an all Ireland basis. He demonstrated the mistake Hume had made with his previous efforts that resulted in failure.
    The IRA where an intricate part of the settlement for that reason as were Loyalists who took part, that is why it worked.

As I say, your vote is not compulsory. You don't need to get down in the redtop dirt to demean a woman who made a bad choice to convince you not to vote for them.

Be democrats and recognise the mandates given by the electorate? Without taking the huff?
    Their combined share of the vote has fallen from a high of 84% to under 50%, they need to ask themselves, why that is and stop the patronising blame game.

You're right. My grasp of the history of it all isn't as strong as a good republican like yourself.
    I do know that the IRA giving up their weapons was a sticking point and it took them 18 months to eventually give them up with a major bomb in between.

Sinn Fein's poor understanding of economics and their populist bandwagoning is why I won't vote for them. Nothing else. The past is the past as far as I'm concerned.

What mandate? 3 parties got almost equal numbers of seats. Where is the mandate?

Do you believe a FF/SF or FG/SF government could be a stable government?

Why though?

What difference does it make?

None.

None.

So why did you post that to begin with so?
    You'd have to wonder about the type of person who would marry a former provisional IRA member while they were in prison for the manslaughter of a detective.

You're right. My grasp of the history of it all isn't as strong as a good republican like yourself.
    I do know that the IRA giving up their weapons was a sticking point and it took them 18 months to eventually give them up with a major bomb in between.
    Yes, the organisation that 'surrendered' as represented by others with a weak grasp of the history.
    Sinn Fein's poor understanding of economics and their populist bandwagoning is why I won't vote for them. Nothing else. The past is the past as far as I'm concerned.
    Except when there is a chance to pillory a woman for her choice of partner in the 'past'.
    Again...voting for them isn't compulsory yet...so no worries there.
    What mandate? 3 parties got almost equal numbers of seats. Where is the mandate?

Do you believe a FF/SF or FG/SF government could be a stable government?

Why couldn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Someone is working late at night on twitter
    Latest victim is Roman Shortall who had Someone post documents including his full address showing him to be a director of a company bringing Romanians to work in the health service here for 10 euros an hour
    I understand thise type of companies get paid a finders fee and or a commission on the wages :eek:

I guess next on the list will be other high profile twitter posters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Nobotty wrote: »
    Latest victim is Roman Shortall who had Someone post documents including his full address showing him to be a director of a company bringing Romanians to work in the health service here for 10 euros an hour
    I understand thise type of companies get paid a finders fee and or a commission on the wages :eek:

I've been trying to follow that on Twitter myself and am struggling to figure out what's going on to be honest. He is angry that someone accessed publically available information from the CRO and deleted his twitter is what I'm getting from it?

Roman Shorthall posted just last week that he had concerns about being targeted by an official state government account (fine gael) and raised concerns about those operating it possibly being ministers etc who would have access to his personal data through their state roles.

Not to get all conspiracy theorist here, but (and your post above is the first I've heard of this) but that'll definitely give him ammo now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm.... hope they’ll stay away from this platform.

Hmmmmm Seamus Lynch name coming up on the radar now.

Serious things being front and centre.... where is MLMCD.....?

Trying to keep the nurses issue up front maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Roman Shorthall posted just last week that he had concerns about being targeted by an official state government account (fine gael) and raised concerns about those operating it possibly being ministers etc who would have access to his personal data through their state roles.

Not to get all conspiracy theorist here, but (and your post above is the first I've heard of this) but that'll definitely give him ammo now.

I'm surprised you haven't heard as its trending

Heres the twitter handle that posted the info

https://twitter.com/Ballymagash_T?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I've been trying to follow that on Twitter myself and am struggling to figure out what's going on to be honest. He is angry that someone accessed publically available information from the CRO and deleted his twitter is what I'm getting from it?

That seems to be what it boils down to right enough.

Real toys out of the pram stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

rdwight wrote: »
    "By 1940 the Nazis had invaded and occupied a large part of Europe. That these occupied countries did not desire foreign occupation should have given pause for thought to a movement claiming to seek national self-determination."

https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/oh-heres-to-adolph-hitler-the-ira-and-the-nazis/

This is most ironic illustration of how, for the IRA, the quest for a United Ireland trumps all other moral and political values.

I never looked at it that way before.

We have, an IRA/Sinn Fein man collaborating with an evil foreign power in the Nazis, in an attempt to overthrow the current and democratically elected Irish Government of the day...... and we have modern SF lauding and defending this traitor?

Are they for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Never commented on anyones choice of partner ever, to score a point Brendi.

Not my medicine.

You FG lads have no boundaries or ethics when a political party frighten you. Are youse planning to go much lower?

Actually it was you.

I happen to agree with you guys, bringing up someone’s partner to target them is a no-no.

Imagine somebody took the username PearseMcAuley and spent all of their time attacking Pauline Tully and Sinn Fein. You would think that disgraceful, wouldn’t you?

Except you don’t, when the shoe is on the other foot.

There is a very well-known example on here where the partner of a politician was targeted like that, and worse, with homophobic connotations. You did nothing about it, you said nothing about it. You condoned it, you laughed at people who raised it, you accused them of homophobia rather than the person who adopted the username, you defended it, you gloried in it,

Well, excuse me, if I don’t accept your bona fides on this one.

That's your one who went on her holiers during the campaign? (The campaign SF expected to win so much they didn't run enough candidate or come up with a program for Government on).

How many current TDs that have "issues" are we on now?

Patricia Ryan - 9/11 conspiracy theorist

Brian Stanley - Anti Fluoride, pro Provo, glorifies death

Reada Cronin - hates Jews

Violet Wynne - steals from charities

Martin Browne - Another with his Twitter gone

David Cullianane - Up the RA

Dessie Ellis - an actual murderer

Aenghus O Snodaigh - wife threatens cops/his election helpers found with weapons/printer cartridges

Who have I missed? At what point do these stop being one-offs?

Only 55% of SF voters will take a Covid-19 vaccine.
    So, to top off the list of 'talent' they have in their ranks, they are also Irelands leading Anti-Vax party.
    Quite an achievement.

This is what happens when you spout simplistic anti-everything crap on all platforms. God help SF when/if they get into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Yes, up until a day or so ago, he was a hero to Sinn Fein.

Now that he has been exposed, it will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, up until a day or so ago, he was a hero to Sinn Fein.

Now that he has been exposed, it will be interesting.

Another FG official account looking for violence.https://twitter.com/FG_DublinBay/status/1337737680197705735?s=19

Christ what happened to this party?!

blanch152 wrote: »
    I happen to agree with you guys, bringing up someone’s partner to target them is a no-no.

Imagine somebody took the username PearseMcAuley and spent all of their time attacking Pauline Tully and Sinn Fein. You would think that disgraceful, wouldn’t you?

Except you don’t, when the shoe is on the other foot.

There is a very well-known example on here where the partner of a politician was targeted like that, and worse, with homophobic connotations. You did nothing about it, you said nothing about it. You condoned it, you laughed at people who raised it, you accused them of homophobia rather than the person who adopted the username, you defended it, you gloried in it,

Well, excuse me, if I don’t accept your bona fides on this one.

Like you did with Brian Stanley and 'heavies' you had to lie and invent a homophobic narrative around that to make your case.

I simply accepted the explanation given as there was no other evidence in the slightest that the poster was homophobic.

Maybe take some time off going on crusades and people might find one of them credible.

Typical you, that rather than criticising the poster dragging someone's personal life out for public ridicule and scrutiny, that you would use it to personally attack other posters.

• Advertisement

Hillarious really. He has no one to blame but himself.
    I am rarely on Twitter, but for whenever I am on there, his name repeatedly popped up time and time again. He became this type of activist, obviously very very Pro SF and anti-FG, whatever.....

But then to be exposed for exploiting immigrants like that, when he paints himself as some sort of Social Justice warrior with all his anti-FG talk?

HILARIOUS!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement