Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

aido79 wrote: »
    Yes I did but as Blanch said I didn't change my name to pearsemccauley and attack Pauline Tully unlike the person who changed their name to Matt barrett( and seems to be denying it). I made one comment about it and probably crossed the line so I'll apologise for it. I actually said she is isn't SF worst representative by a long shot. Mattbarrett was around for a while as far as can remember but I honestly wasn't following the forum in general with any great interest at the time so I can't comment on him attacking Leo.

Who attacked Matt Barret? Have you quotes? Is there a link between the two incidents or just desperate whataboutery?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Francie, just struggling with the one rule for Sinn Fein approach that is being taken here.

We have seen the choice of partner being used to score political points for quite a while, not only choice of partner but family as well. Jim O'Callaghan has suffered for it, we had the notorious example on here of Leo's partner, Joe McHugh ditto, Lorraine Clifford-Lee, yet the first time you object to it is when Pauline Tully's relationship with a convicted murderer is mentioned.

You have squirmed all day on the issue, trying to find more and more ways to ensure plausible deniability. However, I think where you are coming from is now clear to everyone.

Link?
    We have seen a name used by you time and again to try score points because the man is gay. That's homophobic.

maccored wrote: »
    a tweet cant kill people. c-19 and non compliance can. two different things.

lads, can yous not get your act together and at least have some kind of argument to back? a stupid tweet is a stupid tweet. nothing more important than that. not to FFG right enough. for them and their supporters its constantly an issue of 'Look!! Over There!!!'

anything to avoid talk of the shambles of a country we live in

Using the use of a username some time ago to invent claims for faux outrage rather than defend the actions of their brethren. Sadly the tweet was a step up for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Can we not get into the old username discussion again please, drop it and move on folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Bowie wrote: »
    Who attacked Matt Barret? Have you quotes? Is there a link between the two incidents or just desperate whataboutery?

As I've said if you read the post I wasn't following the forum in great detail so have no idea what was said about Matt Barrett to be honest.
    I don't know why you are asking about a link between the 2 incidents. I made one comment about Pauline Tully's choice of partner and have apologised for it. I'm not going to get drawn any further into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,971 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Francie, just struggling with the one rule for Sinn Fein approach that is being taken here.

We have seen the choice of partner being used to score political points for quite a while, not only choice of partner but family as well. Jim O'Callaghan has suffered for it, we had the notorious example on here of Leo's partner, Joe McHugh ditto, Lorraine Clifford-Lee, yet the first time you object to it is when Pauline Tully's relationship with a convicted murderer is mentioned.

You have squirmed all day on the issue, trying to find more and more ways to ensure plausible deniability. However, I think where you are coming from is now clear to everyone.

I have seen everything from personal attacks to fat shaming and good old fashioned misogyny objectionable here and voiced by objection directly to the posters doing it. I have been attacked for it by guess who? You.

Throw your own snowballs blanch, as I said, not objecting to the poster actually engaging in using a choice of partner says it all. The 'get the shinner' mentality you have, Trumps everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

maccored wrote: »
    a tweet cant kill people. c-19 and non compliance can. two different things.

lads, can yous not get your act together and at least have some kind of argument to back? a stupid tweet is a stupid tweet. nothing more important than that. not to FFG right enough. for them and their supporters its constantly an issue of 'Look!! Over There!!!'

anything to avoid talk of the shambles of a country we live in

A tweet can’t kill people .....but tweets can bring out the deep underlying ideals of punters who present an urbane peaceful position, but, their tweets reveal their true ideals.

The suit doesn’t disguise the flak jacket or dampen the whiff of cordite.

Good to remember that little proverb, pal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

A tweet can’t kill people .....but tweets can bring out the deep underlying ideals of punters who present an urbane peaceful position, but, their tweets reveal their true ideals.

Most of us don't care, without that whiff the numbers dead would have been much higher, next time you snuggle up for a selfie with Jeffery remember what his brethren would happily have done to you but for the fear of retaliation

Different perspectives Brendi, you guys don't control the narrative no more. Fold the tent.

There'll be 'perspectives' on history fully exposed next year, the nationalist and Unionist versions of how partition went.
    Which one will you go for?

Most of us don't care, without that whiff the numbers dead would have been much higher, next time you snuggle up for a selfie with Jeffery remember what his brethren would happily have done to you but for the fear of retaliation

It's unlikely Catholics were ever going to be protected or treated as equal citizens under the BA/Unionist watch.
    Listening to that BA officer who assisted the UDA in setting off a bomb that killed two teens, laugh it off on RTE today, was atrocious.

• Advertisement

It's unlikely Catholics were ever going to be protected or treated as equal citizens under the BA/Unionist watch.
    Listening to that BA officer who assisted the UDA in setting off a bomb that killed two teens, laugh it off on RTE today, was atrocious.

Why did it take so long to be exposed, was there somebody they were waiting to die?

Different perspectives Brendi, you guys don't control the narrative no more. Fold the tent.

There'll be 'perspectives' on history fully exposed next year, the nationalist and Unionist versions of how partition went.

He heh heh.

“Fold the tent” that’s what SF would love , get out of reality and like back in the day the duffle coat student activists roared and shouted, didn’t give a toss for consequences, just horsed out the auld ‘downtrodden and beaten’ rhetoric, confident it wouldn’t affect their lifestyle.

Francie, I have folk like that well sussed, all they want to do is sit down for years and bullshidt about history, being well paid for dancing on the head of a pin.

Personally I prefer to dwell in the present, influence the things I have control over, look forward,and not listen to wispy bitter discourse over something I can’t change 24/7/365.

Duddnt do nowt for this poster, dude.

Won’t change anything .

Why did it take so long to be exposed, was there somebody they were waiting to die?

A researcher making a documentary on it found an archived recording over in England. It was chilling to hear how the officer told the story. Not one bit of regret. He laughed it off. Was played on RTE radio 1 today.

He heh heh.

“Fold the tent” that’s what SF would love , get out of reality and like back in the day the duffle coat student activists roared and shouted, didn’t give a toss for consequences, just horsed out the auld ‘downtrodden and beaten’ rhetoric, confident it wouldn’t affect their lifestyle.

Francie, I have folk like that well sussed, all they want to do is sit down for years and bullshidt about history, being well paid for dancing on the head of a pin.

Personally I prefer to dwell in the present, influence the things I have control over, look forward,and not listen to wispy bitter discourse over something I can’t change 24/7/365.

Duddnt do nowt for this poster, dude.

Won’t change anything .

Stanley's tweet won't change the past Brendi. Just like pretending that Michael Collins did good killing won't change the fact that it was as brutal and horrible as any conflict/war.

You guys don't get it, the official history is not everyone's history and we have to come to a better way of telling it. Otherwise you are gonna have a lot of days with a lotta anger.

A researcher making a documentary on it found an archived recording over in England. It was chilling to hear how the officer told the story. Not one bit of regret. He laughed it off. Was played on RTE radio 1 today.

Doc is on tonight after the news.

Doc is on tonight after the news.

Can we expect Micheal Martin to speak on it I wonder? Will anyone ask Arlene or Boris for comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

So if you are not on the same perspective of Sinn Fein, then you are a Unionist?

What's with all this divisive crap in 2020.

Can we expect Micheal Martin to speak on it I wonder? Will anyone ask Arlene or Boris for comment?

Arlene was 2 at the time but the daddy would have been around, MM only does Republican bombs

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    So if you are not on the same perspective of Sinn Fein, then you are a Unionist?

Not at all.

There will be two different perspectives on the same 100 years.

Exactly what happened with the Stanley tweet - a clash of two different perspectives.

Seems to be you guys who want to turn that into a battlefield and metaphorically spill blood because another perspective dared speak.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Charlie Flanagan started it and FG have jumped in looking for sectarian undercurrents in everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not at all.

There will be two different perspectives on the same 100 years.

Exactly what happened with the Stanley tweet - a clash of two different perspectives.

Seems to be you guys who want to turn that into a battlefield and metaphorically spill blood because another perspective dared speak.

The binary mentality - if you are not with us, you are against us - speaks again.

There are many perspectives on the same 100 years. One widely held perspective is that what the British did on Bloody Sunday was wrong, but that the IRA response was also wrong.

It is possible to believe that the British Army on some occasions, loyalist terrorists on all occasions and SF/IRA on all occasions were wrong in the North between 1969 and GFA. It is probably the most balanced perspective.

And will squirm now for many months to come.

That’s how these folk operate Blanch, but you know that.

Keep tossing out the ‘chaff’ day after day, they have the time and resources to do that.

Just keep pumping out the rhetoric,just like Stanno, these folk will never admit anything.

Gerry wasn’t in the Ira............yada Yada.Yada.

Defending the indefensible I believe is the term used.

But there you go.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

You guys don't get it, the official history is not everyone's history and we have to come to a better way of telling it. Otherwise you are gonna have a lot of days with a lotta anger.

No Francie, you don't get it.

So, leaving history from 100 years ago out of the discussion, let's talk about Stanley's Warren point/Sligo tweet for slow learners.

The Provision IRA murdered Lord Mountbatten, two children, another woman + eighteen soldiers all on the same day, now with this in mind consider this.....

If the official forces of this state had committed those crimes Britain would have declared war that very same day, RAF Harriers, Vulcans & Jaguars would have wiped out our defense forces within hours or just a few days!

.... but our forces didn't attack anybody, our state didn't attack another sovereign state, neither did our forces murder anybody on that terrible day!

We the Irish people were innocent of any wrongdoing that day, we had no part in the murders, and the Irish Army played no part.

An illegal terrorist organisation called the Provisional IRA planted the bombs and murderdered UK citizens (within the UK), they also murdered Louis Mountbatten in our country, bringing shame and disgust from all directions aimed at those terrorists who had committed the crimes.

So when Brian Stanley sends out a smart arse "dog whistle" tweet, then he's is obviously a total arsehole of the extreme kind, and as such he should be toast, indeed he should have been toast long before now after his "do what you like in bed" tweet.

I just hopes he gets serious grief tomorrow, I hope he's kicked out the door of the PAC, and taken to pieces in the Dail from all sides.....

I hope so, although the way things are going at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off Scott free and smiles in our faces.

The binary mentality - if you are not with us, you are against us - speaks again.

There are many perspectives on the same 100 years. One widely held perspective is that what the British did on Bloody Sunday was wrong, but that the IRA response was also wrong.

It is possible to believe that the British Army on some occasions, loyalist terrorists on all occasions and SF/IRA on all occasions were wrong in the North between 1969 and GFA. It is probably the most balanced perspective.

No it's not. You can't accept that people supported the IRA and many of it's actions.
    Here you are accusing Francie of what you yourself go on to do in the same post. Your perspective and no other.

And as they say - that is just your opinion.

Unionists would think (Arlene said it when she RSVP'ed her invite to 1916 commemorations) much of our version (the 'official' one) is wrong.

How do you intend sharing the island with these people? Call for their resignation if they speak it publicly? Vilify them? Silence them?
    Or debate and put your point of view, like any civilised member of a society with a divided past?

No Francie, you don't get it.

So, leaving history from 100 years ago out of the discussion, let's talk about Stanley's Warren point/Sligo tweet for slow learners.

The Provision IRA murdered Lord Mountbatten, two children, another woman + eighteen soldiers all on the same day, now with this in mind consider this.....

If the official forces of this state had committed those crimes Britain would have declared war that very same day, RAF Harriers, Vulcans & Jaguars would have wiped out our defense forces within hours or just a few days!

.... but our forces didn't attack anybody, our state didn't attack another sovereign state, neither did our forces murder anybody on that terrible day!

We the Irish people were innocent of any wrongdoing that day, we had no part in the murders, and the Irish Army played no part.

An illegal terrorist organisation called the Provisional IRA planted the bombs and murderdered UK citizens (within the UK), they also murdered Louis Mountbatten in our country, bringing shame and disgust from all directions aimed at those terrorists who had committed the crimes.

So when Brian Stanley sends out a smart arse "dog whistle" tweet, then he's is obviously a total arsehole of the extreme kind, and as such he should be toast, indeed he should have been toast long before now after his "do what you like in bed" tweet.

I just hopes he gets serious grief tomorrow, I hope he's kicked out the door of the PAC, and taken to pieces in the Dail from all sides.....

I hope so, although the way things are going at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off Scott free and smiles in our faces.

Again, that is your view and you can't just ignore history because it makes you or the 'official version' hypocritical. History is about what people did not mythical removed from reality figure - real people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What did Stanley tweet about Sligo/Mountbatten?

You wouldn't be trying to shoehorn another lie into the thread chops?

Again, that is your view and you can't just ignore history because it makes you or the 'official version' hypocritical. History is about what people did not mythical removed from reality figure - real people.

Getting more and more like WB Yeats everyday.......:D

Out of touch with ordinary life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Francie,do Republicans believe the Irish Public supported the IRA campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Documentary on tonight regarding UK state forces in collusion with Loyalists to kill and maim across the border.

Will MM or Leo make comment I wonder?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement