Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Documentary on tonight regarding UK state forces in collusion with Loyalists to kill and maim across the border.

Will MM or Leo make comment I wonder?

MM should. Most certainly. Two Irish citizens murdered by terrorists aided by the BA.
    If they prepare a statement on it I'm sure LV will leak something if it suits his agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And as they say - that is just your opinion.

Unionists would think (Arlene said it when she RSVP'ed her invite to 1916 commemorations) much of our version (the 'official' one) is wrong.

How do you intend sharing the island with these people? Call for their resignation if they speak it publicly? Vilify them? Silence them?
    Or debate and put your point of view, like any civilised member of a society with a divided past?

Doubt if he has four or five years to ‘sit down debating’ unlike some who seem to think that folk have nothing else to do.

You see, this is the problem, we have a present which demands all our resources and more !!.Huge problems not of our making.

But some people want to live in the past.

You couldn’t make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,971 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Doubt if he has four or five years to ‘sit down debating’ unlike some who seem to think that folk have nothing else to do.

You see, this is the problem, we have a present which demands all our resources and more !!.Huge problems not of our making.

But some people want to live in the past.

You couldn’t make it up.

DOn't be worrying Brendi...life will go on, regardless of your view of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Not at all.

There will be two different perspectives on the same 100 years.

Exactly what happened with the Stanley tweet - a clash of two different perspectives.

Seems to be you guys who want to turn that into a battlefield and metaphorically spill blood because another perspective dared speak.

Not sure what you mean by "you guys", my only post on this matter was questioning your very divisive rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

DOn't be worrying Brendi...life will go on, regardless of your view of the past.

Thanks Francie, I don’t live in the past, I dwell in the future and present.

That way life can be enjoyable rather than bitter and twisted, I find.

Lot of anger out there, but I guess it suits some folks.

They like that kind of thing.

• Advertisement

Thanks Francie, I don’t live in the past, I dwell in the future and present.

That way life can be enjoyable rather than bitter and twisted, I find.

Lot of anger out there, but I guess it suits some folks.

They like that kind of thing.

The world does not belong to you Brendi, just remember that the next time you get angry about people not subscribing to your view of it.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by "you guys", my only post on this matter was questioning your very divisive rhetoric.

What generally divides people is others saying you cannot do that, you cannot have that and you cannot say that.
    I am adamant that there are different views and we have to find a way to allow people to have those views. I seek the end of division, not the continuation of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

What generally divides people is others saying you cannot do that, you cannot have that and you cannot say that.
    I am adamant that there are different views and we have to find a way to allow people to have those views. I seek the end of division, not the continuation of it.

Your posts show the exact opposite, but carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    No it's not. You can't accept that people supported the IRA and many of it's actions.
    Here you are accusing Francie of what you yourself go on to do in the same post. Your perspective and no other.

That post has upped the nonsense quotient to new levels. Have a look at what was said:
    Not at all.

Exactly what happened with the Stanley tweet - a clash of two different perspectives.

Seems to be you guys who want to turn that into a battlefield and metaphorically spill blood because another perspective dared speak.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    The binary mentality - if you are not with us, you are against us - speaks again.

There are many perspectives on the same 100 years. One widely held perspective is that what the British did on Bloody Sunday was wrong, but that the IRA response was also wrong.

It is possible to believe that the British Army on some occasions, loyalist terrorists on all occasions and SF/IRA on all occasions were wrong in the North between 1969 and GFA. It is probably the most balanced perspective.

Francie, with his two perspectives, trying once again to create a them and us narrative, to divide, to separate.

My post, talking about many perspectives, and putting forward a balanced one that is critical of all sides.

How you can say that I am "accusing Francie of what you yourself go on to do in the same post", given the huge differences between the two posts, only one of which acknowledges the wrongs committed by the PIRA supported by Sinn Fein.

There isn't a single reconciliatory phrase in your thousands of posts. They all emphasise the division, label the other, and defend the indefenisble.

• Advertisement

That post has upped the nonsense quotient to new levels. Have a look at what was said:

Francie, with his two perspectives, trying once again to create a them and us narrative, to divide, to separate.

My post, talking about many perspectives, and putting forward a balanced one that is critical of all sides.

How you can say that I am "accusing Francie of what you yourself go on to do in the same post", given the huge differences between the two posts, only one of which acknowledges the wrongs committed by the PIRA supported by Sinn Fein.
    So what about the people who supported the Loyalists and IRA, or have issue with the BA murders, their opinion doesn't count? Do you see a problem here?

You are one of the first to bang on about the IRA when FG are criticised. Stop codding.

Yours is just one view. You and FG try to force people to subscribe to that view which is like me trying to force Unionists to subscribe to mine.

And PIRA and indeed SF can admit to some wrongs. Mary Lou said the other day on Clare Byrne that car bombing was wrong. Paisley said Unionism was wrong in part too.
    People will, given time and space, reach an accommodation on the past (look at FG and FF for instance, now bedfellows and practically merged when once they too killed each other)

FG won't win this obsession with controlling the narrative. Stanley won't be backing off what he said in the tweet about Kilmichael, he will apologise for the triumphant insensitivity of it, correctly IMO. We have seen too much triumphalism.

Bowie wrote: »
    So what about the people who supported the Loyalists and IRA, or have issue with the BA murders, their opinion doesn't count? Do you see a problem here?

You are one of the first to bang on about the IRA when FG are criticised. Stop codding.

I didn't say their opinions didn't count, I said the opposite.

I said there were many perspectives. Some of those perspectives are unhinged, or sociopathic, others are normal, some are childish, some are balanced and fair.

I put forward a balanced fair perspective as one of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This could very well be a seminal moment in Irish politics, Irish history, and political landscape of this country, why?

Because if Stanley is not faced up to by the PAC or the Dail, then his (bombing) tweet will have officially got through the net, the sentiments and the Pro-Provo message will not have been stamped out, and the whiff of sulphur & the actions of the Provos will have been allowed to be acceptable in an official capacity.

This changes history, indeed it turns history on its head, whereby the actions of the Provos (previously Terrorist crimes) somehow become acceptable and official, ergo Sinn Fein take their mantal of Republicanism (including their Provo legacy) while Fianna Fail get overshadowed and end up the same way as Irish Labour!

If the other members of the PAC have any backbone or morals they should demand he steps down as chairperson, he should also be lambasted and made to answer questions in the Dail about his tweets, and what he really believes re Provo bombs (good, bad, justified)? What will he say?

That bedroom tweet needs to be scrutinised too.

This has to be satire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I didn't say their opinions didn't count, I said the opposite.

I said there were many perspectives. Some of those perspectives are unhinged, or sociopathic, others are normal, some are childish, some are balanced and fair.

I put forward a balanced fair perspective as one of many.

No disrespect intended but you are more than a bit obsessed with SF.

Yours is just one view. You and FG try to force people to subscribe to that view which is like me trying to force Unionists to subscribe to mine.

And PIRA and indeed SF can admit to some wrongs. Mary Lou said the other day on Clare Byrne that car bombing was wrong. Paisley said Unionism was wrong in part too.
    People will, given time and space, reach an accommodation on the past (look at FG and FF for instance, now bedfellows and practically merged when once they too killed each other)

FG won't win this obsession with controlling the narrative. Stanley won't be backing off what he said in the tweet about Kilmichael, he will apologise for the triumphant insensitivity of it, correctly IMO. We have seen too much triumphalism.

Mine is just one view of many, as I have made clear. I am not from the divisory college of only two perspectives.

The binary mentality - if you are not with us, you are against us - speaks again.

There are many perspectives on the same 100 years. .

Danzy wrote: »

I am concerned at the damage that Sinn Fein are doing to our society and that they are a threat to our democracy. Trumpian proclamations on election night being only the tip of the iceberg.

However, if I was obsessed I would post twice as much on these threads as anyone else. That isn't the case.

Mine is just one view of many, as I have made clear. I am not from the divisory college of only two perspectives.

But you are a partitionist. You are of the unionist view, content with partition and vehemently opposed to a UI.
    Like many moderate unionists, your view may change, but at the moment, you hold the unionist perspective on partition - something that did not cause any problems nor the conflict/war 80 years later. The other perspective takes the opposite view.

You can't seriously pretend you don't believe that now to serve your latest argument? :rolleyes:

I am concerned at the damage that Sinn Fein are doing to our society and that they are a threat to our democracy. Trumpian proclamations on election night being only the tip of the iceberg.

However, if I was obsessed I would post twice as much on these threads as anyone else. That isn't the case.

Like leaking confidential government document, giving a crony a top judicial post, crony state contracts, record breaking societal crises?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Danzy wrote: »

Nah, don't think so!

Francie on serious Sinn Fein lead vocals, Bowie on obsessive harmonies, McMurphy on drums with Danzy on keyboards.

The Republican band of brothers :)

Davycc behind the curtains polishing his french horn while giving the odd nod of approval..

• Advertisement

Nah, don't think so!

Francie on serious Sinn Fein lead vocals, Bowie on obsessive harmonies, McMurphy on drums with Danzy on keyboards.

The Republican band of brothers :)

Davycc behind the curtains polishing his french horn & giving the odd nod of approvals..

I've likely given more votes to FG than SF over the years.
    All FG criticism leads to lads posting made up claims which beg to be called out. If youse tried it with PBP or whomever I'd be calling out that stuff too, It's just SF handed FG their arse in the election and the FF/FG party are livid. Especially the get in a huff with health professionals during a pandemic Varadkar of the Trump tweets ;)

We'd the lies about 'heavies' calling around. Trawling old tweets looking for distractions. Desperate stuff.

FG were always a bit Tory but good to have in the mix IMO. These days they are objects of ridicule and cronyism.

If you ever wanted a prime example of how FF and FG want to control the narrative of what happened on this island (in cahoots with the British gov, willingly or unwillingly) you'll find it in the documentary on Belurbet and Clones bombings on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

How about we revert to the girl herself.

How about we go from the Public documents that are known to us.

'Seamus Lynch, IRA man who aided and abetted the murder of a Garda when robbing a post office'

This is a fact, as per the court documents.

markodaly wrote: »
    How about we go from the Public documents that are known to us.

'Seamus Lynch, IRA man who aided and abetted the murder of a Garda when robbing a post office'

This is a fact, as per the court documents.

And?

Not hidden and all there to be found when the girl named him.

And?

So, its not your typical neighbour that comes around calling for tea and scones.

a) This was a convicted man of being involved in a murder and being part of an illegal paramilitary group who has murdered thousands of people, including women and children.
    b) He called over to this girls house to 'ask her' to remove a tweet critical of SF.
    c) The girl left the party over the incident

It is entirely justifiable to call this man a 'heavy', indeed that is being very kind, as one can call him a terrorist and murderer.

So, its not your typical neighbour that comes around calling for tea and scones.

a) This was a convicted man of being involved in a murder and being part of an illegal paramilitary group who has murdered thousands of people, including women and children.
    b) He called over to this girls house to 'ask her' to remove a tweet critical of SF.
    c) The girl left the party over the incident

It is entirely justifiable to call this man a 'heavy', indeed that is being very kind, as one can call him a terrorist and murderer.

Who gives a flying hoot what you want to call him? Seriously, you think your opinion has any weight?

He visited as a friend and left as a friend. If you were getting twinkles of fear wherever you live on behalf of the girl...see a doctor.

Jaysus the clinging to and insisting on a narrative you know is entirely and wholly false is weird.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What did Stanley tweet about Sligo/Mountbatten?

You wouldn't be trying to shoehorn another lie into the thread chops?

I think the point is he didn't reference it, lying by omission.

Funny that he was celebrating the murder of 18 British soldiers, but not the murder of 2 young boys and an old lady.... funny that!!

Slow learners indeed.

Who gives a flying hoot what you want to call him? Seriously, you think your opinion has any weight?

He visited as a friend and left as a friend. If you were getting twinkles of fear wherever you live on behalf of the girl...see a doctor.

Jaysus the clinging to and insisting on a narrative you know is entirely and wholly false is weird.

Ah, yes visited as a friend, left as a friend.... and then the young girl, on reflection left SF over it....

Ah, yes visited as a friend, left as a friend.... and then the young girl, on reflection left SF over it....

Yes, and if you stopped ranting and read her twitter, you'd see it wasn't because she was threatened by a heavy.
    Glad you got that off your chest but it has nothing to do with the story.

• Advertisement

More trouble ahead for SF and their errant TD's, this time FOreign Affairs spokesman John Brady.

This time it appears he hs been posting Pro Assad comments and even doing as far as pouring cold water over the fact that Assad gassed his own people.

The Irish Syrian Solidarity Movement have called on MLMD and SF to issue a clarification on their views towards Assad and Syria.

https://twitter.com/Syria_Irl/status/1338588365202059272

https://twitter.com/grannies4equal/status/1338571116051369984

https://twitter.com/Syria_Irl/status/1338431715430297601

The gift that keeps on giving....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement