Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yes, and if you stopped ranting and read her twitter, you'd see it wasn't because she was threatened by a heavy.

Oh, tell us, Francie, why oh why did she leave SF?

Blatant homophobia tolerated in the party... perhaps?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh, tell us, Francie, why oh why did she leave SF?

Blatant homophobia tolerated in the party... perhaps?? :D:D

Yes, in the instance of Paddy Holohan (who was disciplined and any promotion blocked) and because she feels the online abuse she got from people purporting to be members/supporters of SF wasn't dealt with.

NOTHING, not a single word about a 'heavy' visiting her.

Yes, in the instance of Paddy Holohan (who was disciplined and any promotion blocked) and because she feels the online abuse she got from people purporting to be members/supporters of SF wasn't dealt with.

NOTHING, not a single word about a 'heavy' visiting her.

So, SF are a party that accepts homophobic utterances. Glad we agree.

So, SF are a party that accepts homophobic utterances. Glad we agree.

Think Holohan was disciplined for his comments about women actually. But sure you believe what you want to believe. You seem to be in a permanent state of anger and rant.

All parties have these issues, The Greens have has serious allegations made recently, FG FF have had issues too. The ranters and ravers tend to only rant and rave about one party.

Read this about what takes place in the Dáil alone and read who wouldn't comment.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1113/1178052-politics-bullying/
    https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/corporate/reports/2019/2019-10-22_houses-of-the-oireachtas-parliamentary-workplace-survey-results_en.pdf

Extraordinary the high horse riding that goes on about this when it is clear it is endemic across all parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Think Holohan was disciplined for his comments about women actually. But sure you believe what you want to believe. You seem to be in a permanent state of anger and rant.

All parties have these issues, The Greens have has serious allegations made recently, FG FF have had issues too. The ranters and ravers tend to only rant and rave about one party.

Read this about what takes place in the Dáil alone and read who wouldn't comment.

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/corporate/reports/2019/2019-10-22_houses-of-the-oireachtas-parliamentary-workplace-survey-results_en.pdf

Extraordinary the high horse riding that goes on about this when it is clear it is endemic across all parties.

Yes, but Holohan wasn’t disciplined for his homophobic comments, and neither have all the other SF members that Christine has identified.

SF tolerates homophobia.

• Advertisement

But you are a partitionist. You are of the unionist view, content with partition and vehemently opposed to a UI.
    Like many moderate unionists, your view may change, but at the moment, you hold the unionist perspective on partition - something that did not cause any problems nor the conflict/war 80 years later. The other perspective takes the opposite view.

You can't seriously pretend you don't believe that now to serve your latest argument? :rolleyes:

There you go again, the binary approach, labelling those you disagree with. Surely at this stage you can recognise it in yourself. “The other perspective”, you say, who do you insist there are only two perspectives, with SF or against them?

..... and here comes the 'Whatabout.....' comments, as per clockwork.

Can't stomach the idea of defending blatant SF homophobia from withingthe party, 'But but what about...... FF/FG/Greens something something....'

Rest up Francie, you will need to be at your best when the John Brady Tweets' get airtime tomorrow, I guess its not his fault really he thinks Assad and the Russians are a great bunch of lads...!!

I wonder will SF try and ignore the story or will they actually address it. I guess they will loose some more young SF voters on the back of the latest revelataions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

Ah, yes visited as a friend, left as a friend.... and then the young girl, on reflection left SF over it....

Did she not leave because someone asked her to delete a tweet rather than the house call? (i.e If she had have been asked to delete it over the phone would she still be in SF? The answer is - No, she would have left.)

And are you actually concerned for the well-being of this young women or are you exploiting her for political gain here?

blanch152 wrote: »
    There you go again, the binary approach, labelling those you disagree with. Surely at this stage you can recognise it in yourself. “The other perspective”, you say, who do you insist there are only two perspectives, with SF or against them?

You of course jumped in with the size nines to misrepresent what I said, which was, there are two perspectives on partition (not the conflict, which is what you jumped to) - that it was a good thing and that it was a bad thing - subdivided into worthy of celebration and an absolute disaster and should be ended.

Your posting history puts you most definitely into one of those perspectives. Unless you now want to recant?

Not caring or indifferent I discounted as a perspective and call laziness and lack of empathy. Unless of course you do that when you have a responsibility.

Now, listen to me very carefully, young woman, you know who I am, take down that tweet like a good girl, and I am leaving your house still friends, and tell that to everyone......

Oh you were there? You should have said. Can you do accents too? :D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You of course jumped in with the size nines to misrepresent what I said, which was, there are two perspectives on partition (not the conflict, which is what you jumped to) - that it was a good thing and that it was a bad thing - subdivided into worthy of celebration and an absolute disaster and should be ended.

Your posting history puts you most definitely into one of those perspectives. Unless you now want to recant?

Not caring or indifferent I discounted as a perspective and call laziness and lack of empathy. Unless of course you do that when you have a responsibility.

There are more than two perspectives on partition!!!!!

Stop dividing people like that. You take an us and them position on everything, which means you can avoid reality.

, there are two perspectives on partition

Just on this, you have been harping on a while about 'two perspectives' and the alternate view be given credence and credibility, while at the same time jumping in two-footed about the RIC commemorations, complaining about west-brit cap doffing partitionists and being anti-poppy, so much so you want to force people not to wear one if asked..

How very 'tolerant' of you.

So, yes, your new-found respect and tollerance for the opinions of others frankly runs very hollow and is bull, as per your posting history shows us all.

Stop dividing people like that. You take an us and them position on everything, which means you can avoid reality.

In the world of the PIRA/SF and their acolytes, there are only two perspectives.
    Theirs (the correct and righteous view) and everyone else's. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 spacet

I guess its not his fault really he thinks Assad and the Russians are a great bunch of lads...!!

Bit xenophobic there Mark. Not good.

Give us a few and we'll place them on the spectrum of good and bad. I think yours would be 'good enough' 'put up with it' which would be on the 'good side'.

Just on this, you have been harping on a while about 'two perspectives' and the alternate view be given credence and credibility, while at the same time jumping in two-footed about the RIC commemorations, complaining about west-brit cap doffing partitionists and being anti-poppy, so much so you want to force people not to wear one if asked..

How very 'tolerant' of you.

So, yes, your new-found respect and tollerance for the opinions of others frankly runs very hollow and is bull, as per your posting history shows us all.

I don't think people should be allowed to taunt mark. That's why I was critiical of Stanley's insensitive triumphalism.

Like I do about your opinion, I don't really care what you think privately or Stanley. Knock yourself out as long as you don't triumphalise with the sole purpose of taunting. wear away at your poppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I don't think people should be allowed to taunt mark. That's why I was critiical of Stanley's insensitive triumphalism.

Like I do about your opinion, I don't really care what you think privately or Stanley. Knock yourself out as long as you don't triumphalise with the sole purpose of taunting. wear away at your poppy.

Yet you are here day and night defending his outlook and his ideals.

Very strange attitude to take Ill have to admit.

You see Francie, lads like him use the State as a stepping stone to try to achieve other stuff which right now would ruin the State.

The last few months should surely have told us what to expect if SF ever got power..........and it wouldn’t be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

No Francie, you don't get it.

So, leaving history from 100 years ago out of the discussion, let's talk about Stanley's Warren point/Sligo tweet for slow learners.

The Provision IRA murdered Lord Mountbatten, two children, another woman + eighteen soldiers all on the same day, now with this in mind consider this.....

If the official forces of this state had committed those crimes Britain would have declared war that very same day, RAF Harriers, Vulcans & Jaguars would have wiped out our defense forces within hours or just a few days!

.... but our forces didn't attack anybody, our state didn't attack another sovereign state, neither did our forces murder anybody on that terrible day!

We the Irish people were innocent of any wrongdoing that day, we had no part in the murders, and the Irish Army played no part.

An illegal terrorist organisation called the Provisional IRA planted the bombs and murderdered UK citizens (within the UK), they also murdered Louis Mountbatten in our country, bringing shame and disgust from all directions aimed at those terrorists who had committed the crimes.

So when Brian Stanley sends out a smart arse "dog whistle" tweet, then he's is obviously a total arsehole of the extreme kind, and as such he should be toast, indeed he should have been toast long before now after his "do what you like in bed" tweet.

I just hopes he gets serious grief tomorrow, I hope he's kicked out the door of the PAC, and taken to pieces in the Dail from all sides.....

I hope so, although the way things are going at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off Scott free and smiles in our faces.

He didn't tweet about Mountbatten the nonce.

Warrenpoint was a spectacular success for the IRA and the Brits acknowledged that themselves - it rocked the parachute regiment to it's core whether you like it or not.

I note that not one of you FFG bots had even acknowledged the Brits shooting dead Micheal Hudson on the republic side of the lough - maybe you don't know what actually happened that day at all or it doesn't fit in with your agenda of the Brits = Good and the IRA = Bad......

Yet you are here day and night defending his outlook and his ideals.

Very strange attitude to take Ill have to admit.

You see Francie, lads like him use the State as a stepping stone to try to achieve other stuff which right now would ruin the State.

The last few months should surely have told us what to expect if SF ever got power..........and it wouldn’t be good.

What 'other' stuff Brendi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I didn't say their opinions didn't count, I said the opposite.

I said there were many perspectives. Some of those perspectives are unhinged, or sociopathic, others are normal, some are childish, some are balanced and fair.

I put forward a balanced fair perspective as one of many.

Balanced and fair :) . Some people will whitewash anything and try to get away with it. The stuff that went on in our recent history was insane yet for political reasons FG only want to talk of one side. Some FG TD, sound more and more each day like the DUP. It's good to remember what happened clearly in the conflict. One such item I had no knowledge of was actual refuge camps in the south in the 70's to house catholics fleeing persecution in the troubles.

"In a bid to to escape the violence in Northern Ireland people cross the border in unprecedented numbers putting immense pressure on the designated centres.

Some of those who had left their homes in Northern Ireland are being housed and fed in Ballymullen Barracks in Tralee, County Kerry which is one of the designated centres set up by the government."

Interesting to note in the clip on this RTE link also protestants fleeing into the republic also. Highlights to me that they felt safe amongst us in the republic as they always will.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/0809/807967-refugees-from-northern-ireland/

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Balanced and fair :) . Some people will whitewash anything and try to get away with it. The stuff that went on in our recent history was insane yet for political reasons FG only want to talk of one side. Some FG TD, sound more and more each day like the DUP. It's good to remember what happened clearly in the conflict. One such item I had no knowledge of was actual refuge camps in the south in the 70's to house catholics fleeing persecution in the troubles.

"In a bid to to escape the violence in Northern Ireland people cross the border in unprecedented numbers putting immense pressure on the designated centres.

Some of those who had left their homes in Northern Ireland are being housed and fed in Ballymullen Barracks in Tralee, County Kerry which is one of the designated centres set up by the government."

Interesting to note in the clip on this RTE link also protestants fleeing into the republic also. Highlights to me that they felt safe amongst us in the republic as they always will.

You see, that is where I differ from you, I do have knowledge of that, I lived through the 1970s and 1980s and therefore my knowledge of the period isn't viewed through some green-tinted glass that paints the PIRA as akin to Robin Hood. They were nothing like that, they were unhinged criminal thugs.

smurgen wrote: »

One wonders how it will feature as part of the 'celebrations' next year. Perspectives!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You see, that is where I differ from you, I do have knowledge of that, I lived through the 1970s and 1980s and therefore my knowledge of the period isn't viewed through some green-tinted glass that paints the PIRA as akin to Robin Hood. They were nothing like that, they were unhinged criminal thugs.

The people fleeing the attempt to ethnic cleanse some areas of the north by the loyalists/unionists, aided and abetted by British state security forces were unhinged criminal thugs?

Maybe you highlighted the wrong piece of text above from smurgen, I don't know, but that's how it reads to me, and I'm sure many more reading that post.

McMurphy wrote: »
    The people fleeing the attempt to ethnic cleanse some areas of the north by the loyalists/unionists, aided and abetted by British state security forces were unhinged criminal thugs?

Maybe you highlighted the wrong piece of text above from smurgen, I don't know, but that's how it reads to me, and I'm sure many more reading that post.

As last night showed beyond doubt, the British were more than willing to collude right from the beginning of the conflict/war. That was known from the beginning by those who lived there and saw it.
    As one contributor worried, what fate lay in store for them if, aided by the British, Unionits got it together to launch an all out offensive against them.
    With that atmosphere it was only going to go one way. It was survival.
    Also apparent that right from the start the Irish FF and FG governments where effectively covering up for what went on. While some in government tried to assist, effectively, they turned their backs on their own people. Belturbet, Clones Monaghan, Dublin etc etc, victims abandoned and forgotten to this day.

Awaiting Charlie Flanagan to come out with the blanch line - blame the 'RA and the messengers and anyone else but those tasked with the responsibilities and duties.

McMurphy wrote: »

That isn't what I meant.

As last night showed beyond doubt, the British were more than willing to collude right from the beginning of the conflict/war. That was known from the beginning by those who lived there and saw it.
    As one contributor worried, what fate lay in store for them if, aided by the British, Unionits got it together to launch an all out offensive against them.
    With that atmosphere it was only going to go one way. It was survival.
    Also apparent that right from the start the Irish FF and FG governments where effectively covering up for what went on. While some in government tried to assist, effectively, they turned their backs on their own people. Belturbet, Clones Monaghan, Dublin etc etc, victims abandoned and forgotten to this day.

Awaiting Charlie Flanagan to come out with the blanch line - blame the 'RA and the messengers and anyone else but those tasked with the responsibilities and duties.

Revised revisionism is one possible description of that piece in bold.

Revised revisionism is one possible description of that piece in bold.

How could you defend it?

When you see the crusades for justice for other victims, how in hell could you defend the way all these victims have been left?

If it isn't a cover-up it is sniveling cowardice and political safeguarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

How could you defend it?

When you see the crusades for justice for other victims, how in hell could you defend the way all these victims have been left?

If it isn't a cover-up it is sniveling cowardice and political safeguarding.

The same way that nothing was mentioned on the Gleannane gang. They do not care about the victims. It's exploitation of victims when it suits them. Whenever there's a scandal, election etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Is Stanley making his statement in Leinster House today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Meanwhile, back to the present, what time is Stanno up to cry crocodile tears.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement