Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    I think the point is he didn't reference it, lying by omission.

Funny that he was celebrating the murder of 18 British soldiers, but not the murder of 2 young boys and an old lady.... funny that!!

Slow learners indeed.

No it's not. They only tried to link it to garner outrage.
    Would you have liked him to 'celebrate' the death of the boys? He was right not to IMO.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Now, listen to me very carefully, young woman, you know who I am, take down that tweet like a good girl, and I am leaving your house still friends, and tell that to everyone......

Gone from making stuff up to creating dialogue :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    No it's not. They only tried to link it to garner outrage.
    Would you have liked him to 'celebrate' the death of the boys? He was right not to IMO.

No, he celebrated the killings in Warrenpoint. Here are a few little details that he was delighting in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrenpoint_ambush

"The explosion caught the last lorry in the convoy, hurling it on its side and instantly killing six paratroopers, whose bodies were scattered across the road."

"The lorry's driver, Anthony Wood (aged 19), was one of those killed. All that remained of Wood's body was his pelvis, welded to the seat by the fierce heat of the blast.[9]"

"Only one of Colonel Blair's epaulettes remained to identify him as his body had been vaporised in the blast."

" Mike Jackson, then a major in the Parachute Regiment, was at the scene soon after the second explosion and later described seeing human remains scattered over the road, in the water and hanging from the trees. He was asked to identify the face of his friend, Major Peter Fursman, still recognisable after it had been ripped from his head by the explosion and recovered from the water by divers from the Royal Engineers.[9]"

Most of them were little more than boys, with siblings and some parents still alive and still mourning, yet Stanley gets off on celebrating their killing. What a piece he is.

#notanormalparty

No, he celebrated the killings in Warrenpoint. Here are a few little details that he was delighting in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrenpoint_ambush

"The explosion caught the last lorry in the convoy, hurling it on its side and instantly killing six paratroopers, whose bodies were scattered across the road."

"The lorry's driver, Anthony Wood (aged 19), was one of those killed. All that remained of Wood's body was his pelvis, welded to the seat by the fierce heat of the blast.[9]"

"Only one of Colonel Blair's epaulettes remained to identify him as his body had been vaporised in the blast."

" Mike Jackson, then a major in the Parachute Regiment, was at the scene soon after the second explosion and later described seeing human remains scattered over the road, in the water and hanging from the trees. He was asked to identify the face of his friend, Major Peter Fursman, still recognisable after it had been ripped from his head by the explosion and recovered from the water by divers from the Royal Engineers.[9]"

Most of them were little more than boys, with siblings and some parents still alive and still mourning, yet Stanley gets off on celebrating their killing. What a piece he is.

#notanormalparty

It's always unfortunate when young people sign up to join a murderous bloody criminal occupying army because it's sold as 'legitimate'. I always say the remembrance day should consist of politicians and monarchy apologising to the public. Did you know they assisted the UDA blow up two teenagers?
    He was also lamenting the fact there was a prolonged conflict.

It's always unfortunate when young people sign up to join a murderous bloody criminal occupying army because it's sold as 'legitimate'. I always say the remembrance day should consist of politicians and monarchy apologising to the public. Did you know they assisted the UDA blow up two teenagers?

Anthony Wood? The 19-year old kid? He assisted the UDA blow up two teenagers? So he got what he deserved? Is that what you are saying?

Stanley wasn't lamenting the fact that there was a prolonged conflict, he was glorifying violence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

You should get elected as a SF T.D,put that in a tweet and see how you get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,968 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Anthony Wood? The 19-year old kid? He assisted the UDA blow up two teenagers? So he got what he deserved? Is that what you are saying?

Stanley wasn't lamenting the fact that there was a prolonged conflict, he was glorifying violence.

Subtle differences in perception.
    He was celebrating a victory in what he believed was a war. People do that the world over while not necessarily celebrating the savagery of the violence used.
    We as a state do that all the time. We divorce ourselves from the reality.

'They' Blanch. Not very respectful of you to play the fool regarding two teenage lives.
    #notanormalparty

He was commending the IRA on an action well carried out and lamenting the conflict didn't end sooner. Not my kind of tweet.

Nobotty wrote: »
    You should get elected as a SF T.D,put that in a tweet and see how you get on :D

Truth hurts, huh?

Truth hurts, huh?

Oh I dont give a ****,I'm just picturing the uproar:D
    As I've said since the start of this 'controversy ',its not a shock Republicans believe what they believe
    The GFA wasn't an attempt to disrespect their views
    Quite the opposite
    Its a complicated world,I just think its uneducated to go picking at the sores like is being done with the attack on Stanley
    There was a settlement
    Politicians should be true to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It was a conflict, taking them out meant they couldn't kill others, terrorise communities.

They joined the army and got military experience, gruesome as it was, their choices and actions caught up with them.

I thank the Volunteers who planned and carried it out.

'They' Blanch. Not very respectful of you to play the fool regarding two teenage lives.
    #notanormalparty

He was commending the IRA on an action well carried out and lamenting the conflict didn't end sooner. Not my kind of tweet.

I thought it somewhat strange that in one breath you were complaining about the UDA killing two teenagers, yet at the same time, you had no issue with the IRA doing the same.

Orwellian doublethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Gone from making stuff up to creating dialogue :eek:

Was an FG councillor on radio last Friday, tried the same spin, presenter pulled him up on it straight away, they are telling that many lies they don't know what the truth is anymore,

Oh I dont give a ****,I'm just picturing the uproar:D
    As I've said since the start of this 'controversy ',its not a shock Republicans believe what they believe
    The GFA wasn't an attempt to disrespect their views
    Quite the opposite
    Its a complicated world,I just think its uneducated to go picking at the sores like is being done with the attack on Stanley
    There was a settlement
    Politicians should be true to it

Well if you don't want a reply...
    He was wrong to apologise but that's his call. I wouldn't have posted that kind of tweet myself but if it's his honest opinion it should not be apologised for IMO.

He was wrong to apologise but that's his call. I wouldn't have posted that kind of tweet myself but if it's his honest opinion it should not be apologised for IMO.

Did Charlie tweet anything about last night's documentary?

I thought it somewhat strange that in one breath you were complaining about the UDA killing two teenagers, yet at the same time, you had no issue with the IRA doing the same.

Orwellian doublethink.

You've yet to comment on it bar using their deaths in playing the fool trying to be clever. Disrespectful.

The IRA killed soldiers. Regretful but such is war. If you don't want to be shot at, or blown up, don't join an army during a conflict.

Are you comparing one teenager buying chips and another calling home to say he'd be late on par with armed soldiers?
    #notanormalparty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Subtle differences in perception.
    He was celebrating a victory in what he believed was a war. People do that the world over while not necessarily celebrating the savagery of the violence used.
    We as a state do that all the time. We divorce ourselves from the reality.

Some of us don’t,a chara, some of us value human life.

Some of us are ‘hurlers on the ditch’ roar and shout and act the brave lad.

Usually when all the action is over............unmmmmm.

#notanormalparty

Some of us don’t,a chara, some of us value human life.

Some of us are ‘hurlers on the ditch’ roar and shout and act the brave lad.

Usually when all the action is over............unmmmmm.

#notanormalparty

When I see or hear you getting in a twist when it happens in other incidences Brendi, I will concur and accept your point.

Until then.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

When I see or hear you getting in a twist when it happens in other incidences Brendi, I will concur and accept your point.

Until then.......

I’ll have to get my shrink to take me through that one, Francie.

I’ll have to get my shrink to take me through that one, Francie.

Glad to see you have sought help Brendi, first hurdle and all that! ;) ::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Danzy wrote: »
    It was a conflict, taking them out meant they couldn't kill others, terrorise communities.

They joined the army and got military experience, gruesome as it was, their choices and actions caught up with them.

I thank the Volunteers who planned and carried it out.

Terrorist sympathiser.

And who gave the Provos the right to plant bombs and take human life? Where did their mandate come from? Answer, neanderthal rednecks.

Did Stanley survive today?

Terrorist sympathiser.

And who gave the Provos the right to plant bombs and take human life? Where did their mandate come from?

Scumbags :mad:

Jack Lynch did when he failed the people of the North in 1969,

Terrorist sympathiser.

And who gave the Provos the right to plant bombs and take human life? Where did their mandate come from? Answer, neanderthal rednecks.

Hmmm, let's compare their margin of victory in the 'Will We Won't We' referendum to Will We WOn't We referenda held by other insurgents/revolutionaries/freedom fighters around the world...oh look, none of them ever sought a mandate to try to achieve equality and freedom from oppression.

Hmmm, let's compare their margin of victory in the 'Will We Won't We' referendum to Will We WOn't We referenda held by other insurgents/revolutionaries/freedom fighters around the world...oh look, none of them ever sought a mandate to try to achieve equality and freedom from oppression.

So just how bad was the oppression and lack of freedom in 1979 or 1980? Bad enough to blow people to bits :mad:

You people really are sick (or brainwashed)!

Terrorist sympathiser.

Can you give the voting stats on the referendum put to the Irish people regarding setting up the occupied portion of the Irish province of Ulster?

So just how bad was the oppression and lack of freedom in 1979 or 1980? Bad enough to blow people to bits :mad:

You are the one who refuse to acknowledge Loyalist murders, who's the brain washed one?

I'm only joshing you!
    He apologised for being insensitive expressing his opinion like he did in a public tweet
    He did not apologise for his opinion AT ALL,nor did he need to and nor should he or anyone have to
    We are all entitled to our opinion
    Its important to remember that
    I thought he explained his gay tweet well

Would it not fit you better to try and get your head around what prompts ordinary people to be involved in things like that? Try acting techniques and imagine yourself into the situation?
    Ask what it would take for you to be driven to do some of the things that were done on all sides.
    Try listening to the contributors in the documentary last night who were from both sides and how they feared a bloodbath and how they felt compelled to strike first or strike back.
    Plenty of source material out there about how conflicts and wars escalate when government either don't live up to their responsibilities (the British could have delivered what was in the GFA at any time since partition had they the will and the responsibility) or simply turn and look the other way.

Can you give the voting stats on the referendum put to the Irish people regarding setting up the occupied portion of the Irish province of Ulster?

This is what Stanley was trying to do, connecting the foundation of the State to the terrorism at Warrenpoint & Sligo.

• Advertisement

I'm only joshing you!
    He apologised for being insensitive expressing his opinion like he did in a public tweet
    He did not apologise for his opinion AT ALL,nor did he need to and nor should he or anyone have to
    We are all entitled to our opinion
    Its important to remember that
    I thought he explained his gay tweet well

The real disgrace is the political capital FG were allowed make of it. The sooner we move on from the bitter snide trump era of Varadkar and his YFG minions the better off both ourselves and FG will be IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement